PDA

View Full Version : Why does Marshall Faulk hate the Steelers???

teegre
12-25-2016, 09:42 PM
I'm not being facetious. I'm really asking.

Why does Marshall Faulk hate the Steelers?

He has had nothing nice to say about them. Ever. He always picks against them. I'm really wondering why that is... Does this have to do with the Steelers stopping his rookie 100-yard game streak??? Really... why doesn't he like the Steelers?

Tonight, after the game, he could not give the Steelers any credit. He talked about how the Ravens had dominated the game... and should have won.

Someone on Twitter called him out about it, and his response was a snarky: "Why isn't this person enjoying time with their family instead of tweeting about me???"

Shoes
12-25-2016, 09:45 PM
Tony Dungy made up for it. :chuckle:

teegre
12-25-2016, 09:46 PM
Tony Dungy made up for it. :chuckle:

:applaudit: So true.

The bell ringer
12-25-2016, 09:47 PM
I'm not being facetious. I'm really asking.

Why does Marshall Faulk hate the Steelers?

He has had nothing nice to say about them. Ever. He always picks against them. I'm really wondering why that is... Does this have to do with the Steelers stopping his rookie 100-yard game streak??? Really... why doesn't he like the Steelers?

Tonight, after the game, he could not give the Steelers any credit. He talked about how the Ravens had dominated the game... and should have won.

Someone on Twitter called him out about it, and his response was a snarky: "Why isn't this person enjoying time with their family instead of tweeting about me???"

I will lose ZERO sleep worrying about what Faulk thinks. Let his have his opinion. It affects none of us here at all.

tube517
12-25-2016, 09:47 PM

Faulk's been hanging with Steve Young and Tom Jackson probably. All 3 are notorious Steeler haters. Young refuses to give Ben any credit. TJ is a Pats* lover. See his "analysis" that got the Jets riled up in 2010.

Really could care less about any of them. I don't watch any of their dumb shows anymore.

teegre
12-25-2016, 09:53 PM
It's not that I worry and/or care about his opinion...

...I just wonder how a "journalist" can be so overtly opinionated; there is zero objectivity in his analysis. I know why Warren Sapp hated the Steelers (paper champs), but I'm not sure why Faulk is so biased.

The bell ringer
12-25-2016, 09:59 PM

...I just wonder how a "journalist" can be so overtly opinionated; there is zero objectivity in his analysis. I know why Warren Sapp hated the Steelers (paper champs), but I'm not sure why Faulk is so biased.

Wait...did you just call Marshall Faulk a " Journalist " ? ( LOL )...Marshall Faulk can't even SPELL the word..JOURNALIST!! I mean talk about your Legendary Uneducated Athletes.

Butch
12-25-2016, 10:05 PM
Isn't he on the NFL network? reason I ask did yinz see the pillow that dion (I won't tackle) sanders had on the show yesterday? It was pro ravens...don't remember exactly what it said but it was something pro ravens. Anyway I remember how broke up dion was when we beat the cards in 43. I don't care for either one.

I remember last year how dion thought there was nothing wrong with the hit that burfect did on AB and yet claimed that he was a fan of AB. Screw Dion Screw Faulk, Screw most of all Little Stevie young...Haters gonna hate!!!

Suck it you freakin' idiots!!!

tube517
12-25-2016, 10:08 PM
Isn't he on the NFL network? reason I ask did yinz see the pillow that dion (I won't tackle) sanders had on the show yesterday? It was pro ravens...don't remember exactly what it said but it was something pro ravens. Anyway I remember how broke up dion was when we beat the cards in 43. I don't care for either one.

I remember last year how dion thought there was nothing wrong with the hit that burfect did on AB and yet claimed that he was a fan of AB. Screw Dion Screw Faulk, Screw most of all Little Stevie young...Haters gonna hate!!!

Deion is a former Ratbird so I'm not too surprised.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-25-2016, 10:13 PM
He was a great player and don't get his Steeler hate either. Said this earlier to a friend with his head and small body, he looks like a human Pez Dispenser!

teegre
12-25-2016, 10:15 PM

That is true. He was making up shit about how Burfict "actually tried to pull up" on the hit. :huh:

That said, Sanders has complimented The Rooneys... and Bell... and others. Plus, he has a picture of Mel Blount (his childhood idol) on his office wall. Whereas, I have never heard anything positive come out of Faulk's mouth.

(I'm not one to overuse the word "never", but I mean it in this case.)

Randy06
12-25-2016, 10:17 PM
Who cares. There is always going to be biased people. I like NFL Network, but do not pay any mind to the negativity.

Psycho Ward 86
12-25-2016, 11:09 PM
honestly you guys are just seeing this because youre emotionally attached to this team (who can blame you). deion sanders being a steelers hater? seriously? you guys havent seen the way he talks to some of the guys on the team have you...Sanders is one of AB's mentors too

SteelerFanInStl
12-25-2016, 11:16 PM
That is true. He was making up shit about how Burfict "actually tried to pull up" on the hit. :huh:

That said, Sanders has complimented The Rooneys... and Bell... and others. Plus, he has a picture of Mel Blount (his childhood idol) on his office wall. Whereas, I have never heard anything positive come out of Faulk's mouth.

(I'm not one to overuse the word "never", but I mean it in this case.)

I don't have NFL Network any more and I don't watch pre/post game but Faulk has had a lot of positive things to say about Bell. He actually did a whole story about him a week or so ago that was very complimentary.

I really don't care what any of these talking heads say about the Steelers. I hope that they all pick against us throughout the playoffs. I like it better that way.

Butch
12-25-2016, 11:17 PM
honestly you guys are just seeing this because youre emotionally attached to this team (who can blame you). deion sanders being a steelers hater? seriously? you guys havent seen the way he talks to some of the guys on the team have you...Sanders is one of AB's mentors too
I saw the way he was all broken up over the Steelers win in 43 and that was not a mistake he had nothing good to say about us winning that game. I also saw what he said about Burfect's hit on AB last year. Just calling it like I see it. IMHO he's a hater

tube517
12-25-2016, 11:23 PM
The Steelers aren't historically a flashy team or offense-oriented team until recently.

None of these guys have ever shown any enthusiasm for the Steelers until recently. Now, maybe they show some love for AB and Bell now but they didn't for any Steeler players in the Super Bowl years. I don't watch these bad pregame shows so I'll take your guys words for it.

12-25-2016, 11:28 PM
I saw the way he was all broken up over the Steelers win in 43 and that was not a mistake he had nothing good to say about us winning that game. I also saw what he said about Burfect's hit on AB last year. Just calling it like I see it. IMHO he's a hater No doubt he is a hatter!

- - - Updated - - -

The Steelers aren't historically a flashy team or offense-oriented team until recently.

None of these guys have ever shown any enthusiasm for the Steelers until recently. Now, maybe they show some love for AB and Bell now but they didn't for any Steeler players in the Super Bowl years. I don't watch these bad pregame shows so I'll take your guys words for it. I try not to either but had to get it in because of this game. Anyhow will be back out ASAP! Screw those talking heads and hope they enjoy eating Raven Crow for Christmas!

Psycho Ward 86
12-25-2016, 11:30 PM
I saw the way he was all broken up over the Steelers win in 43 and that was not a mistake he had nothing good to say about us winning that game. I also saw what he said about Burfect's hit on AB last year. Just calling it like I see it. IMHO he's a hater

the cardinals were a great cinderella story. a lot of people were rooting against us just in that specific situation, no need to take it personally. even if it was personal, who gives a shit? we won our 6th. Sanders is NOT biased against AB :lol:, jesus no matter what he said about that hit wont make up for the millions of superlatives he has for him. AB loves the guy back just as much

SteelMayhem72
12-26-2016, 12:04 AM
i said this earlier on the gameday thread, you are absolutely right he doesnt like them and always picks against them

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

fansince'76
12-26-2016, 12:34 AM
I got reminded tonight of why, along with ESPN, I pretty much never watch the NFL Network either (unless the Steelers happen to be playing a game on it). Someone else actually gave Crackhead Irvin a job?

Mach1
12-26-2016, 01:57 AM
Since the Steelers beat his boy Warner in the SB he's had nothing but hatred.

cold-hard-steel
12-26-2016, 05:07 AM
When you are good or doing something good there are some who wish you failure and misfortune.It's been that way probably since the beginning of mankind . Envy can turn into hatred , Jealousy into corrosion of your whole belief system ; if you will . There will always be those who will be happier knowing that you failed . I'm happier just knowing that the RAVENS will be watching us from here on out when the play-offs get under way . Now we can get back to setting that fine table i've been talking about .It's almost set , and it will be a fine setting to behold when it's all done . GO STEELERS !!!!!!!

zulater
12-29-2016, 05:39 AM
I got reminded tonight of why, along with ESPN, I pretty much never watch the NFL Network either (unless the Steelers happen to be playing a game on it). Someone else actually gave Crackhead Irvin a job?

You're cheating yourself then. Their "A football life" series is great. Even the ones that don't involve Steelers. That said the one's on Noll and Joe Greene were exceptional. I haven't seen the one on Franco yet, but hope to soon.

Same with ESPN and their 30 on 30 series. Some of those are exceptional. I found the one on Len Bias particularly poignant. The Edge Match up show (when you can find it, tends to be aired at odd hours) with Merrill Hoge, Jaworski, and Sal Pal is pretty insightful.

Anyway obviously there's some crap you need to avoid. I tend to stream the Steelers pre and post game shows on I-heart radio when I can. But anyway the point is I don't believe in throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Born2Steel
12-29-2016, 01:05 PM

He did defend Burfict's hit on AB last season. To the point of being stubborn about it. But he has had great praise for AB and Bell at the same time. So maybe he's not a hater, just confused.

GoSlash27
12-29-2016, 01:22 PM

I think this is part of the problem. *Everybody* is biased. Intellectually honest people try to minimize the impact of their biases, but they still have them.
"Journalists" are biased as well, but we (and they) like to pretend that they aren't or shouldn't be. A good journalist knows what his/ her biases are and is up front about them. A bad journalist pretends that he's "unbiased".

/Minor point of contention
//Don't give a crap about Faulk's opinions
///Back to the topic

12-29-2016, 04:53 PM
You're cheating yourself then. Their "A football life" series is great. Even the ones that don't involve Steelers. That said the one's on Noll and Joe Greene were exceptional. I haven't seen the one on Franco yet, but hope to soon.

Same with ESPN and their 30 on 30 series. Some of those are exceptional. I found the one on Len Bias particularly poignant. The Edge Match up show (when you can find it, tends to be aired at odd hours) with Merrill Hoge, Jaworski, and Sal Pal is pretty insightful.

Anyway obviously there's some crap you need to avoid. I tend to stream the Steelers pre and post game shows on I-heart radio when I can. But anyway the point is I don't believe in throwing out the baby with the bath water.Agreed about the 30 For 30's and cool thing is most of them eventually end up on Netflix. Just started watching the NFL Channel again since I got it back in for the game. Football Life are pretty good as well and recently, Caught Noll, Kevin Greene and Steve Smith SR Eps. I have Joe Greene on DVR and will watch Soon. That said still hate the NFL Network and getting it out soon.

86WARD
12-29-2016, 06:17 PM
NFL Network >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ESPN

12-29-2016, 06:45 PM
NFL Network >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ESPN Agreed But ESPN has College football games and Monday Night Football. Plus usually comes with a general TV package. NFL Network usually cost extra and not worth it. Agree with Zulater 30 for 30's is great and A football Life are pretty good too!

#CRASHFormation
12-29-2016, 09:42 PM
Steelers ended his teams season twice when he was too hurt to play and we beat his boy Warner in XLIII.

Prime laughed at him after XLIII: "Kurt's on the bus, he can't hear you"

SteelMayhem72
12-29-2016, 10:25 PM
another homer that doesnt like the steelers and particularly Ben is Jaworski...nobody likes Jaworski anyway

pczach
12-30-2016, 05:50 AM
another homer that doesnt like the steelers and particularly Ben is Jaworski...nobody likes Jaworski anyway

Jaworski seems to find a way to drop Ben on his annual quarterback rankings every year.

I don't know specifically what the problem is, but I don't really care.

One thing I do know......for years, there were many retired quarterbacks as analysts that always criticized Big Ben for his style of play. They hated that he had so much of his success outside of the offense with improvisation. Many times, other players that aren't capable of doing what a special athlete is capable of doing resent that, and fail to acknowledge that gift because it diminishes their own talents. They believe the quarterback position can only be played the way they played it, because that's the only way they were able to play it. They then hold that against that player and use it to criticize them.

In the case of Jaworski, there's even more to it than that. He probably dislikes him for a number of reasons, because his ranking of Ben every year is ridiculous.

86WARD
12-30-2016, 06:51 AM
Agreed But ESPN has College football games and Monday Night Football. Plus usually comes with a general TV package. NFL Network usually cost extra and not worth it. Agree with Zulater 30 for 30's is great and A football Life are pretty good too!

I'd have to disagree. I think the NFL Network is well worth the coin and I'd give up ESPN in a second if I had to choose between the two.