PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls and Goats

Craic
12-25-2016, 06:38 PM
Game Ball - Fourth Quarter offense.

Goat - quarters 1-4 offense.

Other than that, it was a typical Steelers-Ravens game.

86WARD
12-25-2016, 06:39 PM
Merry Christmas All!! AFC North Champs!!!

Game Balls - Brown, Bell, Ben and Rogers.

Goats - Defense and The Boz.

Steeldude
12-25-2016, 06:40 PM
Heroes: Brown, Bell, O-line, BR(2nd half), Harrison

Goats: Tackling, penalties, Boswell

The bell ringer
12-25-2016, 06:44 PM
Bell was great all day.

Ben was clutch when it mattered.

Jesse James had a couple of critical catches in that 4th quarter.

Antonio....need I say more ?

Goates.

Coaching staff.

James Harrison seemed to not show up today.

fansince'76
12-25-2016, 06:46 PM
Hero: 4th quarter Ben.

Goat: 3rd quarter Ben.

86WARD
12-25-2016, 06:46 PM
I saw Harrison in on a lot of plays.

BlackAndGold
12-25-2016, 06:47 PM
Can Ben be on the GB list and goat list?

Gave me a damn headache.

stillers4me
12-25-2016, 06:51 PM
Game ball to AB.
https://vimeo.com/197058805

tube517
12-25-2016, 06:53 PM
Even with Ben's picks and no deep threat.....this team put 31 points on the #3 defense.

The bell ringer
12-25-2016, 06:58 PM
Next weeks game is not important really. So I would like to see my Boy Ayres get some real time next week as a returner. I think he could be a real weapon for us in the playoffs.

st33lersguy
12-25-2016, 07:00 PM
Heroes: Ben, Bell, AB, O-line

Goats: Defense, Keith Butler, Todd Haley, Ben between opening TD and 4th quarter

SteelerFanInStl
12-25-2016, 07:02 PM
Hero: 4th quarter Ben.

Goat: 3rd quarter Ben.

LOL, pretty much what I was thinking.

j-d-s
12-25-2016, 07:09 PM
AB, because if he does not stretch over the goal line with 9 seconds left he is tackled with inches left and the clock running, game and season likely over.

pczach
12-25-2016, 07:20 PM
AB, because if he does not stretch over the goal line with 9 seconds left he is tackled with inches left and the clock running, game and season likely over.

How about the violent face mask on AB at the goal line..............................no call. If he didn't stick the ball out, the clock probably runs out.

Fucking officials are driving me crazy.

The bell ringer
12-25-2016, 07:22 PM
How about the violent face mask on AB at the goal line..............................no call. If he didn't stick the ball out, the clock probably runs out.

I know but...we WON!! Have a Merry Christmas evening sir.

SteelerFanInStl
12-25-2016, 07:22 PM

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/avjunkie/AB_TD_zpsipo7k289.jpg

Shoes
12-25-2016, 07:27 PM
James and especially Rogers made key catches on that last drive. Pay AB Period!

pczach
12-25-2016, 07:34 PM
James and especially Rogers made key catches on that last drive. Pay AB Period!

The play that made me think they were going to win was when AB caught that pass on what looked like an in-route on the left side and instead of running out of bounds.....hit the gas and tried to split the LB and the CB to make a big play. I think that lifted everyone up seeing AB make a play like that. He played the second half with the heart of Hines Ward tonight....and that's some high praise.

When your best players beast out and play with that much effort and heart, it inspires the entire team.

Bell and AB were awesome in this game.

Let's get healthy and kick some ass in the playoffs.

Shoes
12-25-2016, 07:37 PM
The play that made me think they were going to win was when AB caught that pass on what looked like an in-route on the left side and instead of running out of bounds.....hit the gas and tried to split the LB and the CB to make a big play. I think that lifted everyone up seeing AB make a play like that. He played the second half with the heart of Hines Ward tonight....and that's some high praise.

When your best players beast out and play with that much effort and heart, it inspires the entire team.

Bell and AB were awesome in this game.

Let's get healthy and kick some ass in the playoffs.

That was a very wise play!

Shoes
12-25-2016, 07:56 PM
Ball for Munch & his O-line. According to PFF Ben was pressured on 4 of 33 drop backs. What a difference a coach makes.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-25-2016, 08:17 PM
GB team effort!
Goats please can some one teach Cockwell to tackle. After you have a hold of a player just drop you legs and momentum will usually bring them down with you. Not standing upright and let them drag you for 5 more yards.

BlackAndGold
12-25-2016, 08:22 PM

His inner Conor McGregor lol.

tube517
12-25-2016, 08:25 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/avjunkie/AB_TD_zpsipo7k289.jpg

The Immaculate Extension

86WARD
12-25-2016, 08:33 PM
The Catch That Saved Christmas!!

GBMelBlount
12-25-2016, 08:39 PM
The Catch That Saved Christmas!!

One of the most amazing clutch plays I have ever seen.

What Brown did was incredible.

DesertSteel
12-25-2016, 08:42 PM
Brown for play of year and Bell for keeping us in game. Ben was clutch at end, but 2 picks that cost 14 points doesn't get a game ball.

No goats. It's Christmas.

The bell ringer
12-25-2016, 08:51 PM
Ironic that on HIS Birthday....he gives the Steelers a " Gift "

http://www.divinerevelations.info/pics/jesus_christ_image_193.jpg

Maybe he desrves a Game Ball.

st33lersguy
12-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Brace yourself, playoffs are coming

tube517
12-25-2016, 08:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XECfLom.jpg

The bell ringer
12-25-2016, 08:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XECfLom.jpg

Good one.

Born2Steel
12-25-2016, 09:04 PM
That's 6 in a row. Most likely 7 in a row after the next week. Always gotta keep the faith. We didn't give up at 4-5 and we beat some really good teams, and some teams that really want to kill us. Without Carr, I think Oakland is done. We can take the Dolphins or Broncos, I feel fairly sure. If it comes down to the Chiefs or Pats, I would rather face the Pats. Going back to the earlier game we had them but for a couple plays. Plus, I want to beat them on our way to #7.

I'm hoping for Steelers vs Cowboys IV. We avenge the Dolphins, Pats, and Cowboys losses and achieve greatness again.

teegre
12-25-2016, 09:50 PM
Besides the obvious game balls, I gotta give a nod to the defense.

BB gave the Ravens two short fields. Boswell gave them two more short fields. And, the defense kept it from being a blow out.

The best example was when the Ravens went from FG range to 4th-&-22 (and having to punt). That 3 points (eventually) ended up being huge.

12-25-2016, 09:56 PM
Besides the obvious game balls, I gotta give a nod to the defense.

BB gave the Ravens two short fields. Boswell gave them two more short fields. And, the defense kept it from being a blow out.

The best example was when the Ravens went from FG range to 4th-&-22 (and having to punt). That 3 points (eventually) ended up being huge. Yep Bos was not good at kickoffs and good call about the D and agree. They got a little to wild celebrating at the end but still played a good game.

Steeldude
12-25-2016, 10:00 PM
Bell was great all day.

Ben was clutch when it mattered.

Jesse James had a couple of critical catches in that 4th quarter.

Antonio....need I say more ?

Goates.

Coaching staff.

James Harrison seemed to not show up today.

What are you talking about? Harrison was the best player on defense all night. He was the only one who could tackle. He was tackling people on the other side too.

12-25-2016, 10:07 PM
What are you talking about? Harrison was the best player on defense all night. He was the only one who could tackle. He was tackling people on the other side too. So agree with this post and this team really needs to learn to tackle. They are a better defense now and obvious but that is still a issue!

- - - Updated - - -

Ps said it all game James is the only one who knows to rap up and tackle.

Shoes
12-25-2016, 10:09 PM
LB — A-
Have yourselves a game, James Harrison, Ryan Shazier and Lawrence Timmons!
Yet again, this trio stepped up in a big way defensively to lead the Steelers defense to another win.
Harrison finished with 11 tackles and one tackle for loss, while Timmons (10 tackles, one sack) and Shazier (10 tackles, one interception) also made some big plays defensively to put the clamps on the Ravens.
Off the edge, Bud Dupree recorded a sack for the second time in three weeks, while Tyler Matakevich and Vince Williams came up with some big special teams tackles in the win.
Outside of the running game, Timmons and Shazier struggled at times in coverage down the seam, where Dennis Pitta had a big day for Baltimore.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/12/steelers-vs-ravens-positional-grades-2/

Butch
12-25-2016, 10:23 PM
I think some people were watching a different game than I was. The Defense did a damn good job considering the way the offense left them in the lurch more than once. Ben was just as much a goat as he was a hero. This was a good night for Bell, and Brown for the game winner. IMHO the D was pretty good over all. Not perfect but not bad for what they were handed.

teegre
12-25-2016, 10:36 PM
I think some people were watching a different game than I was. The Defense did a damn good job considering the way the offense left them in the lurch more than once. Ben was just as much a goat as he was a hero. This was a good night for Bell, and Brown for the game winner. IMHO the D was pretty good over all. Not perfect but not bad for what they were handed.

I agree.

tube517
12-25-2016, 10:58 PM

Holding them to a FG after Ben's second pick was huge.

Psycho Ward 86
12-25-2016, 11:11 PM
Ben with only 1 incompletion (if you take out the 2 spikes) in the 4th quarter. A 146 QB rating. Clutch Ben is still alive and kicking in there somewhere.

SteelMayhem72
12-26-2016, 12:13 AM
Ball for Munch & his O-line. According to PFF Ben was pressured on 4 of 33 drop backs. What a difference a coach makes.
A-Fuckin-Men!!! Our Oline is probably best we've had in 10-15 years

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

fansince'76
12-26-2016, 12:28 AM

Which is even more of an indictment of his play. I'm glad he finally got it together in the 4th quarter, but WTF was his problem the other 3 quarters?

The bell ringer
12-26-2016, 01:00 AM
My Man Demarcus Ayers not only jump started our 4th quarter with his drawing the PI penalty. He also was Hines Ward like in his Blocking today.

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/status/813202977880055808

12-26-2016, 01:09 AM
My Man Demarcus Ayers not only jump started our 4th quarter with his drawing the PI penalty. He also was Hines Ward like in his Blocking today.

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/status/813202977880055808 Haha and thought about you after the PI and it did matter. He help after that but was not the difference maker other then the PI.

The bell ringer
12-26-2016, 01:11 AM
Haha and thought about you after the PI and it did matter. He help after that but was not the difference maker other then the PI.

Wring. He threw the key block that allowed Bell to score his TD. Without that...Bell does not score.

12-26-2016, 01:13 AM
Wring. He threw the key block that allowed Bell to score his TD. Without that...Bell does not score. Lol missed that but again don't watch every play in the game like it is Gospel!

12-26-2016, 01:19 AM
Anyhow in a wild way Ayers did make a difference. Have a great night Merry Christmas and now Happy Holidays!

GoSlash27
12-26-2016, 02:06 AM
Taking a cue from Tomlin... Nobody gets a game ball today. Everybody screwed up and everybody pitched in to overcome it. It was a team victory.

43Hitman
12-26-2016, 06:25 AM
Hines Ward would have broken his jaw. Just sayin'.

cold-hard-steel
12-26-2016, 06:59 AM
It all starts up front with who allowed guys to do what they do.......the powerful "MACH V" gets my game ball. Honorable mention for the defense for allowing the Ravens to score while leaving enough time on the clock for the winning drive. They let the Ravens have even one more play,this win probably never happens. Goat to Bostitch.

Steel Peon
12-26-2016, 04:14 PM
Bell ran admirably against a stingy defense (behind a great performance by the O-line), and made some clutch plays when he needed to. And what more needs to be said about AB that hasn't already been said? They all get game balls.

Ben had some goatish moments, and our defense allowed the Rats mediocre offense to gain way too many yards, but I've given up on expecting these things to improve.

zulater
12-27-2016, 02:33 AM
Which is even more of an indictment of his play. I'm glad he finally got it together in the 4th quarter, but WTF was his problem the other 3 quarters?

Called a too conservative game plan.One target for AB through 3 quarters? WTF is that? You weren't going to beat the Ravens cramming the formation and throwing intermediate and short routes all night. Watch the second interception. By formation, play call and game situation how would not expect to be throwing to a linebacker? Same as the first Raven game the passing game didn't get traction until they started to spread the formation out and played with urgency and pace and started throwing the ball down the field on occasion. . Difference being they didn't leave it until too late this time. Fact is Ben's second interception was the best thing that happened, it made them scrap the shitty game plan and start playing aggressive. I'm not telling you Ben was flawless. But you don't drive a Ferrari in the slow lane if you want to get anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

My game ball goes to AB and Bell. Get the ball in your playmakers hands and watch it happen.

The bell ringer
12-27-2016, 08:12 AM
I read this thread again, and you know what one player that none of us mentioned as getting a game Ball for this win ?...and he MIGHT very well made the single biggest play of the game that gave us the chance to win it ? Anyone know who that was ????

steel striker
12-27-2016, 08:35 AM
That was some game the offense came alive in fourth QT and, Ben had a terrible third. The bottom line Ben was clutch when he needed to be. How AB the will to win for a 5'10 180lb WR to make that play was just awesome!!

SteelerFanInStl
12-27-2016, 08:42 AM
I'm just going to leave this here.

Ben in the 4th quarter:

14-17 (2 spikes) 164 yards, 3 TD drives

The bell ringer
12-27-2016, 08:49 AM
Answer to above is..." Mike Mitchell " I mean if he doesn't go for the HIT...Like he mostly does, and rather just wraps up, and tackles the Ravens FB Juszczyk,,,chances are...we lose that game. Cause at the very LEAST we have to use our last TO there, and at least 20-30 more seconds run off the clock. So as frustrated as we have ALL been in the past with some of Mitchell's antics and failure to make a tackle...if it weren't for his not wrapping up Juszczyk....we wouldn't have had the time to do what the offense did in that final 1:14.

GAME BALL to you Mitchell!!