PDA

View Full Version : Let's give credit where credit is due...

Merchant
09-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Arians - I must say I thought he called a great game. And I was among the majority screaming to kick his butt out the door after last season.

kmsteelerwr15
09-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Agreed.

steeldevil
09-12-2010, 10:17 PM
I agree. Hopefully he thinks up some creative stuff to get Dixon to run. Like the play last year against the Ravens, I loved that play.

pepsyman1
09-12-2010, 10:31 PM
I thought his calls on the opening drive were especially good...as the game went on he started getting very predictable. Some of that might simply be that they didn't open up all of the playbook for Dixon. I hope in future games that they give the kid a chance to roll out and use his feet a little more. Another good thing was seeing at least a little use of an "I" formation. Mendi's touchdown was overdue, he came close to breaking it a few times...if he keeps getting some decent lead blocking (from the "I") I think he will break quite a few bigs ones this year. Overall, Arians gets a thumbs up out of me...I don't expect us to continually pound the ball on the ground nor do I want us to revert all the way too that, just a good balance and be able to use whichever part of the offense the defense is most vulnerable too.

steelpride12
09-12-2010, 10:39 PM
I give BA credit every single game win or lose. I think he is an excellent offensive coordinator and remember was under the helm when we won SuperBowl 43. Sure he has his off plays, but who doesn't and I think he truly understands this offense and will lead us like he always does!

Wallace108
09-12-2010, 10:55 PM
I thought his calls on the opening drive were especially good...as the game went on he started getting very predictable.

I couldn't agree more!! I loved the play calling the first few drives. Then I kept waiting for them to change things up, but they never did. The play calling became very predictable, which shows they don't have confidence in Dixon.

X-Terminator
09-12-2010, 11:20 PM
:jawdrop2:

:faint:

Wallace108
09-12-2010, 11:41 PM
:jawdrop2:

:faint:

:drama: :nervous: :drink: ;) :couch2: :love2: :sick:

Sometimes smilies don't work. What are you saying, X-T?

X-Terminator
09-12-2010, 11:46 PM
:drama: :nervous: :drink: ;) :couch2: :love2: :sick:

Sometimes smilies don't work. What are you saying, X-T?

I can't believe anyone is giving Arians any credit at all after he was blamed for everything under the sun last year, from wrecking the Steelers' season to the swine flu epidemic. You'd have thought he was the Antichrist or something.

Wallace108
09-12-2010, 11:54 PM
I can't believe anyone is giving Arians any credit at all after he was blamed for everything under the sun last year, from wrecking the Steelers' season to the swine flu epidemic. You'd have thought he was the Antichrist or something.

:chuckle:
Oh, OK.
And Arians is still the Antichrist. :lol:

Borski
09-13-2010, 12:13 AM
...You'd have thought he was the Antichrist or something.

I thought he was the Anti-John Kunnn

....ok, yeah that was lame lol

Steeldude
09-13-2010, 01:37 AM
i give credit to the defense.

solardave
09-13-2010, 03:05 AM
I think he called a great game. He seemed to realize Dixon's problem come from throwing out routes so he had him throwing up the middle . I thought the long pass to Wallace looked just like a Ben pass.(a little under thrown).:lol: I'll give him credit for this he did not abandon the run. The proof that running was working came to fruition when Mendy broke the big one. It took all game and a little OT to finally wear their D down but we did it.:hail: