PDA

View Full Version : If Pittsburgh wins tomorrow..the final NFL weekend is gonna be Wild!!

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 05:30 PM
Think about it fans. If we beat Baltimore, and then say Cleveland, we will be Hot as Hell winning 7 in a row. Now, we will still be the 3rd seed but think about it. If KC wins tomorrow night against Denver, Denver is out of the playoff hunt. KC will be 11-4. Oakland going into Denver in that final game has to win. Not only to possibly get the # 1 seed, but if they lose, and KC wins at San Diego...KC wins the Division, and Oakland will be the 5th seed.

Today's Oakland win means the Patriots cannot just take it easy next week at Miami, cause if they lose and Oakland does win, then the Pats are the # 2 seed. However Miami, the best they can be is 11-5...same as KC if KC should some how lose at San Diego. However..who gets the 5th seed ? I mean they did not play each other. And their AFC Conference records will be the same...so will get it ?...IDK. But whoever gets the 5th seed will avoid Pittsburgh and their Home stadium and their 7 game win streak. And get to go to Houston in all likelihood ..with their QB situation and Lackluster Offense in a warm weather city.

You know BOTH of them wanna avoid Pittsburgh. But me, I don't really care who we play as a fan. But in reality, I actually HOPE the Pats win next Sunday to guarantee Miami that 6th seed. Cause on paper, I think we have a better chance to avenge that earlier loss to them In Miami...then to beat KC a second time even in Pittsburgh. They are an experienced playoff team with a better QB and defense then Miami. And are used to the cold weather as well.

Just my opinion folks.

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 06:02 PM
Well the Injury to Carr now changes a lot. I was hoping, and still am that he is not hurt bad. But PFT says that Carr told a teammate..." It is broken " That is sad. Same for the Titans Mariota who broke his leg today as well.

One thing is for sure....with all these Playoff QB's going down....if any Defensive player even BREATHS on Tom Brady...it will be a 15Yd penalty and likely a 3 game suspension from Goodell.

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 06:42 PM
Crazy Crazy day. These games today have been Nuts, if not exciting.

lipps83
12-24-2016, 08:00 PM
Sucks about Carr. Oakland has really turned around and are probably going to be one of the top teams for a few years. They were my next hope to win the SB after the Steelers.

Psycho Ward 86
12-24-2016, 08:29 PM
the last thing we want is for the pats to get knocked down to the #2 seed. that actually cant happen anymore anyways. if it did though, that would basically mean we all but inevitably have to face the patriots instead of skipping them in the divisional and hoping someone knocks them off.

its looking likely that our path, should be make it will be beat the dolphins at home, beat the raiders on their turf, and then beat the patriots on their turf. im not afraid of a derek carr-less raiders team. were never going to beat the patriots if green and/or coates dont make their way into the playbook though

tube517
12-24-2016, 09:19 PM
Sucks about Carr. Oakland has really turned around and are probably going to be one of the top teams for a few years. They were my next hope to win the SB after the Steelers.

I really don't hate Oakland like I did in the 70s. Watching Derek Carr last year vs the Steelers and I was impressed. They finally seemed to have turned the corner as they have a good core group of players. I said it last year, watch out for them.

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=Psycho Ward 86;570646]the last thing we want is for the pats to get knocked down to the #2 seed. that actually cant happen anymore anyways.

Yes it can. A win by Miami next week, and if Oakland wins...done deal. Oakland # 1 seed, Patriots # 2 seed.

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 10:08 PM
Well it looks like the GIFT that the Jags gave Houston, well the Texans are gonna give it right back to Tennessee. But today...Kicks of all kind have been no sure things. So lets see if Cincy can finish them off.

Shoes
12-24-2016, 10:46 PM
the last thing we want is for the pats to get knocked down to the #2 seed. that actually cant happen anymore anyways. if it did though, that would basically mean we all but inevitably have to face the patriots instead of skipping them in the divisional and hoping someone knocks them off.

its looking likely that our path, should be make it will be beat the dolphins at home, beat the raiders on their turf, and then beat the patriots on their turf. im not afraid of a derek carr-less raiders team. were never going to beat the patriots if green and/or coates dont make their way into the playbook though

Why not? Brady has been winning with no-name receivers. His second TD tonight went to Matt Lengel, a third string TE who entered the game with zero career catches!

Psycho Ward 86
12-24-2016, 11:24 PM
[QUOTE=Psycho Ward 86;570646]the last thing we want is for the pats to get knocked down to the #2 seed. that actually cant happen anymore anyways.

Yes it can. A win by Miami next week, and if Oakland wins...done deal. Oakland # 1 seed, Patriots # 2 seed.

ah i stand corrected. i was thinking of just the fact that they clinched a 1st round bye

- - - Updated - - -

Why not? Brady has been winning with no-name receivers. His second TD tonight went to Matt Lengel, a third string TE who entered the game with zero career catches!

Because if someone doesnt elevate their game out of nowhere, we arent going to score 30 PPG

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE=The bell ringer;570648]

ah i stand corrected. i was thinking of just the fact that they clinched a 1st round bye

It's okay brother. Next weeks Pats/Dolphins game will be interesting. I mean everyone knows how valuable Brady is...and I think we all know what Mr.Suh is capable of. I wonder if he will accidentally trip, and step on Brady's throwing hand.

Shoes
12-24-2016, 11:27 PM
[QUOTE=The bell ringer;570648]

- - - Updated - - -

Because if someone doesnt elevate their game out of nowhere, we arent going to score 30 PPG

Granted, but we don't need Coates or Green for that, Cobi and Rogers have been more productive imo.

fansince'76
12-24-2016, 11:52 PM
If the Steelers do make the playoffs, I want them to have another shot at the Patriots. Beyond tired of hearing how they "ducked" them in 2005 and 2008.

Hawkman
12-25-2016, 12:01 AM
[QUOTE=Psycho Ward 86;570655]

[/B]
Granted, but we don't need Coates or Green for that, Cobi and Rogers have been more productive imo.

Coates not so much, but I would like to see Green in there. Until he got hammered last week, he was getting into the pace of Ben's offense.

- - - Updated - - -

If the Steelers do make the playoffs, I want them to have another shot at the Patriots. Beyond tired of hearing how they "ducked" them in 2005 and 2008.

I'm thinking Ben wants another shot at them.

SteelerFanInStl
12-25-2016, 08:06 AM
Carr with a broken leg is a serious blow to the Raiders. They got hit like the Steelers have the last few years. That just killed their playoff chances.

We just need to get in to the playoffs healthy and then we are capable of beating any of these teams. Gronks injury helps every team playing against them.