PDA

View Full Version : Who's the Steelers Rookie of the Year?

DesertSteel
12-24-2016, 11:47 AM
Who gets your vote?

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/12/24/pittsburgh-steelers-artie-burns-sean-davis-javon-hargrave-rookie-of-the-year/stories/201612250065

Hawkman
12-24-2016, 11:53 AM
I'm going to wait until after this game, arguably the biggest of their young career. Whoever steps up, (I hope it's all of them), will get my vote.

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 11:56 AM
Hard to say...probably Hargrave

DesertSteel
12-24-2016, 12:00 PM
I'm going to wait until after this game, arguably the biggest of their young career. Whoever steps up, (I hope it's all of them), will get my vote.
I'm leaning to Burns but like you, would like to see the performance tomorrow first. That said, I can see all three having Pro Bowl careers.

GBMelBlount
12-24-2016, 12:20 PM
I'm leaning to Burns but like you, would like to see the performance tomorrow first. That said, I can see all three having Pro Bowl careers.

While that would be amazing it may be equally likely that none of them have Pro Bowl careers.

I heard there was a team that drafted 4 pro bowlers one year.

http://www.espn.com/nfldraft/columnist?id=1542019

Psycho Ward 86
12-24-2016, 02:24 PM
Burns easy. Earliest to contribute POSITIVELY, consistent upward trajectory in his play, especially his click-and-closing skills and huge improvement on his tackling. Kid has made some mistakes, but I'd say he's made the most net positive impact for this defense of the 3.

Davis has gotten good over the past month, this coming from one of his biggest naysayers from the second he was drafted. He was put in a rough position having to play out of position at slot corner, but even back then, his tackling was atrocious, by far the worst on the team. I remember at one point he was on pace to lead the league in missed tackles...as a slot corner (Thats some Antwon Blake level of futility). But he has really rounded his game out. Good on him, Burns has simply been better and thats not really a knock on Davis.

Hargrave has arguably been the most consistent. Again, like Davis, he had to play where he isnt at his best earlier in the season, at nose tackle. If he had gotten more rotational play at DE, I think our ROY could have ended up being a much more difficult choice.

Proud of each and every one of them no matter how this season ends. This defense has a bright future.

Craic
12-24-2016, 10:44 PM
Burns easy. Earliest to contribute POSITIVELY, consistent upward trajectory in his play, especially his click-and-closing skills and huge improvement on his tackling. Kid has made some mistakes, but I'd say he's made the most net positive impact for this defense of the 3.

Davis has gotten good over the past month, this coming from one of his biggest naysayers from the second he was drafted. He was put in a rough position having to play out of position at slot corner, but even back then, his tackling was atrocious, by far the worst on the team. I remember at one point he was on pace to lead the league in missed tackles...as a slot corner (Thats some Antwon Blake level of futility). But he has really rounded his game out. Good on him, Burns has simply been better and thats not really a knock on Davis.

Hargrave has arguably been the most consistent. Again, like Davis, he had to play where he isnt at his best earlier in the season, at nose tackle. If he had gotten more rotational play at DE, I think our ROY could have ended up being a much more difficult choice.

Proud of each and every one of them no matter how this season ends. This defense has a bright future.

Pretty fair assessment, IMO. I'd probably grade Davis out a little higher than you did mainly because I was impressed a rookie playing out of position could actually find himself around the ball enough to even attempt the number of tackles he did, whether he finished them or not. The game's probably started slowing down for him (along with what you said—him going back to a more normal position), which is why he's gotten better. Nevertheless, I don't think I can disagree with your final assessment, I'm simply excited to see what Burns can do in the coming years, especially as he lines up against the best WR in the NFL week in and week out during practice.

Steeldude
12-25-2016, 04:46 PM
Hargrave.

Burns and Davis can't tackle.

SteelerFanInStl
12-25-2016, 07:24 PM
Easy choice for Burns IMO.

86WARD
12-25-2016, 08:43 PM
I think Burns, Hargraeve, Davis in that order.

teegre
12-25-2016, 09:58 PM
I meant to vote for Burns... but, my big finger hit the wrong button. :lol:

Burns is going to be the best Steelers CB since Rod Woodson. Yes, he'll (some day) be better than Ike Taylor, because Burns has hands.

pczach
12-26-2016, 06:43 AM
I meant to vote for Burns... but, my big finger hit the wrong button. :lol:

Burns is going to be the best Steelers CB since Rod Woodson. Yes, he'll (some day) be better than Ike Taylor, because Burns has hands.

There you go again....being the eternal optimist! Don't you know? He's a bust......remember?????? :lol: