PDA

View Full Version : Your Strategy to Beat the Ravens?

GBMelBlount
12-22-2016, 06:12 PM
If you were head coach of the Steelers this Sunday what would your game plan be to beat the Ravens?

http://www.planetsteelers.com/images/ratbirds2dj4.jpg

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 06:32 PM
" Show up " :lol:

GBMelBlount
12-22-2016, 07:29 PM
" Show up " :lol:

This seems to have been Tomlin's "strategy" the last several years.

86WARD
12-22-2016, 07:31 PM
Best the piss out of Flacco and triple team Suggs.

Hawkman
12-22-2016, 07:54 PM
Put Nix on Suggs. Put Dupree and Harrison on Flacco!! DONE

st33lersguy
12-22-2016, 08:44 PM
Lay a big hit on the one-trick pony, then he'll turn into a non-factor. Pressure Moonball Joe. Use Le'Veon as a receiver, he against CJ Mosley in coverage is a matchup problem. Also run DeAngelo at least 10 times, as another poster said, DeAngelo has had more success as a runner than Le'Veon.

SteelMayhem72
12-22-2016, 09:01 PM
ummm play flawless football in all 3 phases just to even have a chance

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 09:08 PM
ummm play flawless football in all 3 phases just to even have a chance

So, we need to play FLAWLESS Football in all 3 areas..not to win...just to have a CHANCE of winning ?...against a team who's only 2 road wins came against the 0 Win Browns and 2 win Jaguars ?

Seriously, I am new here, but does anyone here take you seriously ? :huh:

Shoes
12-22-2016, 10:05 PM
Put Nix on Suggs. Put Dupree and Harrison on Flacco!! DONE

I have a strong feeling Harrison is going to have a good game.

SteelMayhem72
12-22-2016, 10:22 PM
So, we need to play FLAWLESS Football in all 3 areas..not to win...just to have a CHANCE of winning ?...against a team who's only 2 road wins came against the 0 Win Browns and 2 win Jaguars ?

Seriously, I am new here, but does anyone here take you seriously ? :huh:
im serious esp since we havent had much luck with ravens in a while. Need a complete game to get the W. How hard is thatto understand?? We have way too many over confident ppl in here

Shoes
12-22-2016, 10:43 PM
The Ravens are 30th in the NFL in converting 3rd downs. I just don't see Joe improving on that this weekend

Psycho Ward 86
12-22-2016, 10:48 PM
1. Put Ravens in 3rd and long. As said above, the Ravens are 30th in 3rd down conversions on offense
2. Get Green (if available) and Coates to be focal points of the offensive game plan. Coates CANNOT be a decoy for this one, he needs to figure out how to be a weapon again.
3. Give carries to the hothand. Bell has had many games where he has trouble against the ravens. Williams be the one-cut guy, will provide a different running style to defend against. If he is more effective, give him more carries, its totally fine.
4. Limit Wallace. Other than Wallace's 95 yard TD last time, our defense was actually phenomenal. Lets do it again

tube517
12-22-2016, 11:14 PM
http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2016/12/steelers_coates_injury_report.html

Sammie Coates was limited by a hamstring injury. Starting defensive end Stephon Tuitt (right knee sprain) and Ladarius Green (concussion) continued to not practice.

Coates is the team's primary kickoff returner, despite only recently returning to the offense after suffering two broken fingers on his left hand. Justin Gilbert, who has also returned kicks for the Steelers, popped up on the practice report with an illness that kept him out of practice Thursday.

BlackAndGold
12-22-2016, 11:19 PM
Don't suck.

teegre
12-22-2016, 11:30 PM
im serious esp since we havent had much luck with ravens in a while.

Really? When was the last time that AB, Bell, and BB were all healthy when facing the Ravens?

Sep 2014: home team won by 20
Nov 2014: home team won by 20
Jan 2015: no Bell

Oct 2015: no BB
Dec 2015: no Bell

Nov 2016: BB was returning from injury
Dec 2016: all three are healthy

teegre
12-22-2016, 11:52 PM
Here's what I'd do..

1) The Ravens defense is strong against the run, but awful against the pass. I'd spread them out, and pass, pass, pass. (See: November 2014)

2) I would have someone chip/help block Suggs on every single play. (Nix would be great... although, it goes against my first point.)

3. As PsychoWard already stated, the last time that they played, aside from Mike Wallace's 95-yard TD, the Ravens didn't do squat on offense. Sure tackling (i.e. not going for kill shots and/or INTs) is the key.

SUMMATION:
If BB, AB, and Bell are hitting on all cylinders, the Ravens offense simply cannot keep up.

The bell ringer
12-23-2016, 01:07 AM
Really? When was the last time that AB, Bell, and BB were all healthy when facing the Ravens?

Sep 2014: home team won by 20
Nov 2014: home team won by 20
Jan 2015: no Bell

Oct 2015: no BB
Dec 2015: no Bell

Nov 2016: BB was returning from injury
Dec 2016: all three are healthy

Seriously a great analogy. Very well stated sir.

smokin3000gt
12-23-2016, 02:28 AM
defend every blade of grass and unleash hell in december

obviously..

ALLD
12-23-2016, 03:58 AM
Jump out to am early lead and play all 4 quarters.

cubanstogie
12-23-2016, 09:09 AM
As someone else posted use a FB on Suggs, I say mix it up and use FB for running game as well. I think they need to be ready to make adjustments, unlike last time they played them and had 7, 3 and outs in first 8 possessions if i recall correctly. Its not rocket science, feed Bell the ball. If they stop the run then feed Bell the ball on short passes. They may shut down one phase with Bell but not both. And if they do you just have to tip your hat to them.

- - - Updated - - -

And on D, have Shazier shadow the RB's on pass plays. He shut down Tyrod Taylor that way big time. I can't stand when Flacco dumps it off to a RB and he has 15 yards of open field.

st33lersguy
12-23-2016, 09:21 AM
Also if they get a 14 point lead, stop turning the ball over up 14. In the giants and bills game they did this a combined 4 times when they had the ball. If they go up double digits they need to put them away instead of pissing around with them and letting them back in the game

Iron Steeler
12-23-2016, 09:41 AM
1.Win the war on penalties ( offensive line and secondary)
2. Win field position (coincides with point number 1)
3. Don't make it obvious when you are running use put williams and leveon out there at the same time.

1. We as a team need to clean up our act with penalties. The last couple of games we seem to keep opponesnts drives alive on a 3rd and long and we kill our offenive drives on 3rd and long.

2. Feild position: Keep Justin Tucker out of FG range, Because he is money and he will make it if he gets over the 50 yard line. Kick off and Punt team need to practice pinning them back as far as possible, make Flacco have to go the distance to score.

3.The ravens have Leveons number. Lets face hit, we need to set our ego's asside and be creative with leveon. I say move him around at wr and have denagello on the feild at the same time. Because there game plan is ... Double AB and stop the run. And I hate to say it , we are pretty obvious when we are about to have a run play. They see the Decastro pull play coming from a mile away and know how to stop it.

4.BONUS: Anyone other then AB needs to be consistent and clutch. If some other then AB gets HOT then they will have to give him attention.

LETS GOOOOO STEELERS! :tt03:

86WARD
12-23-2016, 09:55 AM
1. Put Ravens in 3rd and long. As said above, the Ravens are 30th in 3rd down conversions on offense
2. Get Green (if available) and Coates to be focal points of the offensive game plan. Coates CANNOT be a decoy for this one, he needs to figure out how to be a weapon again.
3. Give carries to the hothand. Bell has had many games where he has trouble against the ravens. Williams be the one-cut guy, will provide a different running style to defend against. If he is more effective, give him more carries, its totally fine.
4. Limit Wallace. Other than Wallace's 95 yard TD last time, our defense was actually phenomenal. Lets do it again

Sounds like Green and Coates aren't going to be available.

Iron Steeler
12-23-2016, 10:18 AM
ORRR here is a strategy...

Get a shipment of boxes filled with terrible towels and put it on the ravens sidelines.

:-)

Rotorhead
12-23-2016, 10:34 AM
Stop trying to run up the middle, it won't work. If they do that and they get the Outlaw, Murphy and Hamilton (everyone else will be out I think) involved in the passing game we will be fine.

tube517
12-23-2016, 10:41 AM
Sounds like Green and Coates aren't going to be available.

As well as Tuitt

Mojouw
12-23-2016, 10:43 AM
Don't live in our fears?

game comes down to who generates the most pressure on defense and who controls that pressure better on offense.

Same thing that that games between these two have been about for a decade plus.

DesertSteel
12-23-2016, 12:48 PM
I'm playing D Will and splitting Bell out as a WR for about half of the offensive plays.

st33lersguy
12-23-2016, 01:24 PM
The loss of Green and Coates against the rats D is a concern. However, they can offset that loss by using Bell as an offensive weapon, especially with the return of DeAngelo. Of course another concern will be what Todd Haley does and whether or not he will run a smart gameplan. If the Steelers are going to win, they will need Todd Haley to be sharp and not do stupid playcalling. Let's also hope that he uses D-Wil instead of keeping him shelved and use Le'Veon as the sole runner and nose-dive him up the middle

Rotorhead
12-23-2016, 01:34 PM
I meant Rogers, not Murphy in my earlier post, long day already . . .

The bell ringer
12-23-2016, 01:34 PM
The loss of Green and Coates against the rats D is a concern. However, they can offset that loss by using Bell as an offensive weapon, especially with the return of DeAngelo. Of course another concern will be what Todd Haley does and whether or not he will run a smart gameplan. If the Steelers are going to win, they will need Todd Haley to be sharp and not do stupid playcalling. Let's also hope that he uses D-Wil instead of keeping him shelved and use Le'Veon as the sole runner and nose-dive him up the middle

I am always sad to see anyone who cannot play. But then again, this might turn into our advantage. This will likely mean that Demarcus Ayers will dress and play. And Ayers was as exciting a player I have seen in college. Kinda the same as Antonio..only a lot faster then Antonio, and more agile on the field. Ayres also has GLUE for hands. If can be used on a reverse, and gets to the corner...the opposing defense will have problems.

cold-hard-steel
12-23-2016, 04:00 PM
im serious esp since we havent had much luck with ravens in a while. Need a complete game to get the W. How hard is thatto understand?? We have way too many over confident ppl in here

Over confident? Over confident?The Raisins are exactly who i know they are.....the original Cleveland Browns.Because one is a "believer" does not make him over confident.Maybe some are of the "non-believer" variety,i am in the "believer" category. Make no mistake,we will wrest the division title from the Raisins. I am a believer to the tune of 31-16. Game plan is not about playing flawless football either.Game plan is to play aggressive and more physical football than the Raisins.Show them a style of football that they will have no answer for.I am a believer!!!!!!!

DesertSteel
12-23-2016, 04:41 PM
I am always sad to see anyone who cannot play. But then again, this might turn into our advantage. This will likely mean that Demarcus Ayers will dress and play. And Ayers was as exciting a player I have seen in college. Kinda the same as Antonio..only a lot faster then Antonio, and more agile on the field. Ayres also has GLUE for hands. If can be used on a reverse, and gets to the corner...the opposing defense will have problems.
Wow! Canton should start working on his bust!

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-23-2016, 05:58 PM
Wow! Canton should start working on his bust! There was a guy on another Steeler board years back that reminds me a lot of Bell Ringer. Actually before we got Bell and kept pimping Taiwan Jones and said we need to trade for him and will solve our RB issues. He was pimping him like he was the next Barry Sanders. Guess the Raiders miss his talent too and used him mostly as a CB.

The bell ringer
12-23-2016, 06:04 PM
There was a guy on another Steeler board years back that reminds me a lot off Bell Ringer. Actually before we got Bell and kept pimping Taiwan Jones and said we need to trade for him and will solve our RB issues. He was pimping him like he was the next Barry Sanders. Guess the Raiders miss his talent too and used him mostly as a CB.

I never said Ayres was All-World. I just thought that a lot of his traits coming out of Houston were similar to Antonio's when he came out of college. I know he won't likely make a difference in this game...since he has never played a game yet. But he will dress for it, and we shall see what happens is all. My....:crossed:

12-23-2016, 06:07 PM
I never said Ayres was All-World. I just thought that a lot of his traits coming out of Houston were similar to Antonio's when he came out of college. I know he won't likely make a difference in this game...since he has never played a game yet. But he will dress for it, and we shall see what happens is all. My....:crossed: What's your thoughts on Taiwan Jones ?

The bell ringer
12-23-2016, 06:11 PM
What's your thoughts on Taiwan Jones ?

Who ??? He is a Nobody. Never has been or will be.

12-23-2016, 06:13 PM
Who ??? He is a Nobody. Never has been or will be. Ok was just checking making sure you wasn't the same person from another board.

12-23-2016, 06:18 PM
Anyhow TBR have fun with the other members tonight and I'm out of here soon. Maybe catch ya on the Game Day thread Christmas.

teegre
12-23-2016, 08:44 PM
Here's what I'd do..

1) The Ravens defense is strong against the run, but awful against the pass. I'd spread them out, and pass, pass, pass. (See: November 2014)

2) I would have someone chip/help block Suggs on every single play. (Nix would be great... although, it goes against my first point.)

3. As PsychoWard already stated, the last time that they played, aside from Mike Wallace's 95-yard TD, the Ravens didn't do squat on offense. Sure tackling (i.e. not going for kill shots and/or INTs) is the key.

SUMMATION:
If BB, AB, and Bell are hitting on all cylinders, the Ravens offense simply cannot keep up.

UPDATE:
With Coates and Green out, I'd line up three-wide (instead of four-wide) with Nix in the backfield.

--Three receivers forces the Ravens field five DBs (which is their weakness).

--If the Ravens add a sixth DB, then the Steelers should run the ball. If they only play five DBs, split Bell out wide (forcing a LB to cover him).

--Nix blocks Suggs on every play no matter what. On running plays, he negates Suggs. On passing plays (when Bell splits out), he blocks Suggs exclusively.

SUMMATION:
Bell is the matchup nightmare for them. So, use him appropriately.

Mojouw
12-23-2016, 09:15 PM
I think the thing is that you measure AB's sprint and shuttle times with a stopwatch and Ayers' with a calendar. Short, small WR with little long speed and explosion? Skeptical at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bell ringer
12-23-2016, 09:19 PM
I think the thing is that you measure AB's sprint and shuttle times with a stopwatch and Ayers' with a calendar. Short, small WR with little long speed and explosion? Skeptical at best.

Ayres is a consistent 4.42 to 4.45 forty huy. He is very agile, and gets good yardage after the catch. So how exactly is that dramatically slower then Antonio exactly ?

Mojouw
12-23-2016, 09:26 PM
Ayres is a consistent 4.42 to 4.45 forty huy. He is very agile, and gets good yardage after the catch. So how exactly is that dramatically slower then Antonio exactly ?

Don't know where you're getting your information but the only published # I can find is the 4.72 forty he posted at the combine. That is crazy slow for a WR in 2016. Heck, it's slow for some Tes.

The bell ringer
12-23-2016, 09:40 PM
Don't know where you're getting your information but the only published # I can find is the 4.72 forty he posted at the combine. That is crazy slow for a WR in 2016. Heck, it's slow for some Tes.

Did you also happen to see where Ayres ran with a complete Broken hand ? And believe it or not, when it comes to sprinting, your arms and hands are more important then your legs. That is why he ran that time.

- - - Updated - - -

All you really have to do is go and research his game tapes...tell me that is a 4.72 guy. I don't know but he looked very good in the games I saw.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Houston-wideout-DeMarcus-Ayers-runs-4-72-at-6858146.php

Mojouw
12-23-2016, 09:52 PM
Did you also happen to see where Ayres ran with a complete Broken hand ? And believe it or not, when it comes to sprinting, your arms and hands are more important then your legs. That is why he ran that time.

- - - Updated - - -

All you really have to do is go and research his game tapes...tell me that is a 4.72 guy. I don't know but he looked very good in the games I saw.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Houston-wideout-DeMarcus-Ayers-runs-4-72-at-6858146.php
PFF scouting report: Demarcus Ayers, WR, Houston
https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-demarcus-ayers-wr-houston/

Look all I can go by is what I have read. I really don't care about piking up college production out of the slot.

Everything that I can find on Google says the same thing. Small, decent route runner, good hands, and super slow.

Could I be wrong? certainly. Happens all the time.

I'm just not holding out much hope for Ayers to do much.

The bell ringer
12-23-2016, 10:09 PM
Funny, I have read several reports in that draft, and all said that Ayres is certainly small, and is more productive as a slot WR. But none say he is super slow, and the ones that do mention his speed were written after the combine, and never have watched him play. I mean you don't have to be a genius to see that with the ball in his hands, he is special, and very elusive out on the field. That is something that a 40 time cannot measure. Click on the link below to this article and watch his Video. You tell me.

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/WATCH-highlights-of-Steelers-new-receiver-Demarcus-Ayers-45118453

43Hitman
12-23-2016, 11:03 PM
But does he have suddenness and glide, that's what I want to know.

teegre
12-23-2016, 11:39 PM
Please, don't anyone take this the wrong way, but Ayers will not be the determining factor in this game.

This game comes down to the effectiveness of BB, AB, & Bell. If the Ravens stop them, the Ravens win.
If the Ravens can not stop them, the Steelers win.

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 12:03 AM
Please, don't anyone take this the wrong way, but Ayers will not be the determining factor in this game.

This game comes down to the effectiveness of BB, AB, & Bell. If the Ravens stop them, the Ravens win.

As part of the receiving unit...I would agree. I mean lets get real, he has never ever been in a game yet. But, if he does dress, he will be available as a returner. And as a returner, he very well COULD make a difference. In fact, if he has been practicing it this week, I would not be surprised if he gets some punt returner work on Sunday.

cold-hard-steel
12-24-2016, 04:47 AM

Good point,and not to hyjack the thread or anything,but is he ready to jump on a "moving train" if you will? Can he provide the type of splash play sometimes required to win football games in the NFL in December? Welcome aboard mr. Ayers.Show us what you can bring to this fine table we are now beginning to set.

GBMelBlount
12-24-2016, 05:00 AM

This game comes down to the effectiveness of BB, AB, & Bell.

If the Ravens stop them, the Ravens win.

I think so also.

Our defense has been keeping teams to 20 points or less and I don't expect that to be different with Baltimore.

So if we can score 24 to 30 points we will likely win.

On offense, because their secondary is weak, I'd like to see us line up three receivers wide often and Ben throwing down field.

This will hopefully create space and open up the running and short passing game.

Also, Up tempo and no huddle will hopefully keep them on their heels and from loading the box.

Lastly, I love the idea (as has been stated) of lining up Bell as a receiver.

Steeldude
12-24-2016, 07:09 AM
Pressure Flacco. Don't sit back.

No Al Davis ball. Pass on 3rd and long. Run on 3rd and short.

Use Jones only for breathers.

Remind certain players to use their arms to wrap up when tackling.

Don't no sit on a lead. Increase the lead as much as possible. Win by 70 if you can.

Use screens and TEs in the passing game. Don't force passes to Brown.

Use no-huddle.

teegre
12-24-2016, 09:19 AM
I think so also.

Even with some challenges on the line, our defense has been keeping teams to 20 points or less and I don't expect that to be different with Baltimore.

So I think it will likely come down to us scoring the 24 to 30 points we typically need to win.

Because their secondary is a weakness I'd like to see us line up three receivers wide often and Ben throwing down field early to open up the running and short passing game.

If we can keep them from loading the box it will give Bell the space he needs to make big plays.

Upbeat and no huddle. Keep them on their heels (and again,) from loading the box.

Also, I love the idea (as has been stated) of lining up Bell as a receiver.

Exactly.
In the earlier meeting, Pittsburgh's defense gave up a long TD (95 yards) due to poor tackling... which seems to have improved. Besides that play, Baltimore's offense only managed one more TD. (NOTE: the third TD was in special teams.) Ergo, keeping Baltimore below 20 is indeed feasible.

And, Yes, Pittsburgh should dictate the terms (by going three-wide) which keeps Baltimore from loading the box. When there's 8 in the box, pass. When there's only 6 in the box, run. When there's 7 in the box, split Bell out. As we all agree: Bell is the X factor in this game.

Mojouw
12-24-2016, 09:44 AM
Funny, I have read several reports in that draft, and all said that Ayres is certainly small, and is more productive as a slot WR. But none say he is super slow, and the ones that do mention his speed were written after the combine, and never have watched him play. I mean you don't have to be a genius to see that with the ball in his hands, he is special, and very elusive out on the field. That is something that a 40 time cannot measure. Click on the link below to this article and watch his Video. You tell me.

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/WATCH-highlights-of-Steelers-new-receiver-Demarcus-Ayers-45118453

I hope he is the second coming of Devin Hester, I really do. It is just that guys with poor measurables and good college tape scare me when they are asked to produce at the NFL level. Say, like, Jarvis Jones. At the same time guys with great measurable and little college production also scare me, Mike Mamula being one of the more infamous examples.

Ayers has had one year where he really put up some nice numbers and shows some good routes on tape. Then he ran a 4.7 at the combine injured and a 4.6 at his pro day supposedly healthy.

So, until he proves otherwise I have him as a slow Eli Rogers.

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 10:44 AM
I know we can usually toss out the Numbers when it comes to the Ravens and Steelers. But in reality..lets be clear here...Baltimore in 6 road games have scored a total of 123 points, that is basically 20.3 Pts a game. And their only 2 wins as we all know were in weeks 2 & 3 against Cleveland & Jacksonville. The Steelers in their 6 Home games have scored a total of 192 points...that's 32 a game. And even if you throw out the 74 total we scored in the back to back games against KC and the Jets...we still scored 118 points in the other 4 games...just below 30 points a game.

And that is factoring in the one game against New England, where we did not have Ben, as well as some other key players, and the Dallas game where we were not the same Defensive unit. I mean we basically gave that win away.

And to me, that really is the ONLY way Baltimore can win Sunday...is if we GIVE the game away. Cause without any critical screw ups from us, I can't even see Baltimore scoring more then 13-17 points against us Max! So unless our offense totally does not show up on Sunday, I can't see us getting BEAT by Baltimore. All I can see is us LOSING the game, not them winning. In other words, don't give the Ravens any short fields to work with, don't turn it over with silly High risk passes, and hold the defensive area, and make your tackles. Do that, and IMHO...a win will be guaranteed.

Psycho Ward 86
12-24-2016, 02:27 PM
I hope he is the second coming of Devin Hester, I really do. It is just that guys with poor measurables and good college tape scare me when they are asked to produce at the NFL level. Say, like, Jarvis Jones. At the same time guys with great measurable and little college production also scare me, Mike Mamula being one of the more infamous examples.

Ayers has had one year where he really put up some nice numbers and shows some good routes on tape. Then he ran a 4.7 at the combine injured and a 4.6 at his pro day supposedly healthy.

So, until he proves otherwise I have him as a slow Eli Rogers.

he has said he normally runs a high 4.4 to low 4.5. PR being 4.42. And watching tape that sounds about right.

with the way we threw Cobi Hamilton into the lions den, i wouldnt be surprised if Ayers actually gets a couple meaningful touches. I want to see him get some screens early on just to see if theres anything there

Moose
12-24-2016, 05:14 PM
Pressure Flacco. Don't sit back.

No Al Davis ball. Pass on 3rd and long. Run on 3rd and short.

Use Jones only for breathers.

Remind certain players to use their arms to wrap up when tackling.

Don't no sit on a lead. Increase the lead as much as possible. Win by 70 if you can.

Use screens and TEs in the passing game. Don't force passes to Brown.

Use no-huddle.

This is pretty much it in a nutshell !!! Agree 100% Oh, and I might add .... NO celebration in end zone and getting 15 yd penalties !

pczach
12-24-2016, 05:44 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amUAP6jhUPs

:toofunny:

GoSlash27
12-24-2016, 06:41 PM

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Oh-Snap-Reaction-By-Joy-At-The-Trailer-Park-On-My-Name-Is-Earl.gif

Iron Steeler
12-25-2016, 09:33 AM
Field position

And

No penalties

GoSlash27
12-25-2016, 12:26 PM
To me, we don't need to alter our plan much. A little more doubling/ trapping in the middle, a little more bouncing out on the runs, and spreading the ball around just to keep 'em honest.

The important part IMO is that Baltimore is coming in looking to win with physical play. Just like jujitsu, their strength needs to be used against them. They will ball- hawk, overcommit on the hit, overpenetrate on the blitz, etc.
The way you beat that is playing solid fundamental ball. So long as their physical play doesn't pan out, they will get more frustrated and make more mistakes.

We can build a lead and sit on it. Baltimore is not built to come from behind in road games.

GBMelBlount
12-25-2016, 04:55 PM
Definitely not how we played in the first half.

7 points with a top 3 QB and the best running back and WR in the NFL and a top 10 line?

Ben has to start throwing it down field to open up the middle of the field and give Bell more room to run.

Just wow.

GBMelBlount
12-25-2016, 05:14 PM
Hopefully being down 14 - 7 will help Ben play inspired for another series.

Shoes
12-25-2016, 06:34 PM
YES, YES & YES

GoSlash27
12-25-2016, 07:44 PM
Definitely not how we played in the first half.

7 points with a top 3 QB and the best running back and WR in the NFL and a top 10 line?

Ben has to start throwing it down field to open up the middle of the field and give Bell more room to run.

Just wow.

I agree 100%. This wasn't the "solid fundamental football" I had in mind. It's not often that we win games where we make these mistakes, especially against playoff caliber teams. We need to be better than this.
On the up- side, we now have Eli Rogers and (hopefully) Ladarius Green as offensive receiver threats moving forward. If we spread the ball around and maintain the ground threat, this offense will be unstoppable. How would an opponent even try to contain this 2 weeks from now?