PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Ravens fail to get step closer to division title vs Steelers

fansince'76
12-19-2016, 09:30 PM
AP - 6:58 p.m. EST December 19, 2016

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) — The Baltimore Ravens are headed for a showdown with the Pittsburgh Steelers, a Christmas Day matchup with all sorts of playoff implications.

A victory puts the winner on the cusp of a division title while the loser will likely be on the outside of the Wild Card race, needing help to get in the postseason.

The Ravens have won the past four matchups against their archrival and should be unfazed by the thousands of Terrible Towels waving at Heinz Field. Baltimore, however, would also likely need to beat Cincinnati in the regular-season finale to win their first AFC North crown since 2012.

Read more: Ravens look to get step closer to division title vs Steelers (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/12/19/ravens-look-to-get-step-closer-to-division-title-vs-steelers/95634046/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomnfl-topstories)

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-19-2016, 09:57 PM
Like I said in another post Cinci will lay down to them if they beat us so we don't get in. If we win Cinci will be playing there heart out to knock the Ravens out of the playoffs then. It's that simple.

12-19-2016, 10:06 PM
They are not a championship organization and probably never will be and hate us and the Ravens both since we have SB titles and they don't. They hate us just a little more though because of the butt kicking we handed them the last ten years plus.

LloydWoodson
12-22-2016, 09:39 AM
They are not a championship organization and probably never will be and hate us and the Ravens both since we have SB titles and they don't. They hate us just a little more though because of the butt kicking we handed them the last ten years plus.

Tomlin's record vs. the Ravens is 10-12.

Cowher was 14-9 vs. the Ravens.

Steelers are 24-21 all-time vs. the Ravens.

Steelers have 6 AFC North titles to the Ravens 4.

Steelers and Ravens both have 2 Superbowl wins since the Ravens were created.

fansince'76
12-22-2016, 10:17 AM

I think he was talking about the Bengals:

teegre
12-22-2016, 10:33 AM

He's talking about the Bengals...

But, your post highlights why Steelers-Ravens is the best rivalry in football.

12-22-2016, 11:13 AM
Thanks guys and was talking about the Bengals saying we will get no help by them.

Boh
12-22-2016, 12:04 PM
Ravens will need all the help they can get

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 12:14 PM
I don't buy it. First off, ALL players play to win...period. No way would any player lay down and play poorly to let another team win in order to screw another team. I mean that is just Crazy. And I seriously doubt that Marvin Lewis...who is likely battling for his job will sit Dalton, Green or anyone else who can play. So I am not saying that they will win. But Cincy will definitely be trying to win.

Born2Steel
12-22-2016, 12:26 PM
I don't buy it. First off, ALL players play to win...period. No way would any player lay down and play poorly to let another team win in order to screw another team. I mean that is just Crazy. And I seriously doubt that Marvin Lewis...who is likely battling for his job will sit Dalton, Green or anyone else who can play. So I am not saying that they will win. But Cincy will definitely be trying to win.

Exactly

12-22-2016, 01:02 PM
Exactly Maybe not the whole team but could see Burfect and Pacman doing it.

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 01:13 PM
Maybe not the whole team but could see Burfect and Pacman doing it.

Oh so wrong. If anything those two guys are on thin Ice. Not with just the Bengals, but the whole league. Trust me....ALL players play to win...all of them. You start letting up on the field...that is when you yourself get injured. Nope. Players all wanna play, and play in the future. And the ONLY way that happens is if you give it your all....EVERY GAME. And play to win. There will be no Layoff come that last game in Cincy. And anyone thinking otherwise just doesn't have a clue.

st33lersguy
12-22-2016, 01:15 PM

They're probably not going to sit anybody, it could as simple as the players half-assing the entire game (especially since their season is over) and Marvin Lewis not motivating his players to play harder for the simple fact that he does not have an inkling of control over that team

12-22-2016, 01:17 PM
Also you see teams that are out of it not being very motivated and given the hatred they have for us I can see the lack of trying even worse.

- - - Updated - - -

They're probably not going to sit anybody, it could as simple as the players half-assing the entire game (especially since their season is over) and Marvin Lewis not motivating his players to play harder for the simple fact that he does not have an inkling of control over that team Yep you said it better then I could and good post.

86WARD
12-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Keep in mind, the Ravens and Bengals aren't exactly friendly...

Shoes
12-22-2016, 01:20 PM
No way the Steelers lose this game.

86WARD
12-22-2016, 01:21 PM
Color Rush!!

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 01:21 PM
Also you see teams that are out of it not being very motivated and given the hatred they have for us I can see the lack of trying even worse.

Well then you're clueless. In this league...no players ob is ever guaranteed. Or their contracts. And trust me, every other NFL Coaching staff and GM's watch ALL the games. And you start Half Assing it...not only will you end up hurt, and your career possibly over. But you will turn off all other of the leagues GM's, and get no new deal. You guys are trying to find a reason as to why the Steelers won't win the division...if they do lose against Baltimore. First off that is not going to happen. And secondly....if we DO win Sunday, and both Baltimore and Cincy are out of any playoff spot...they still will BOTH go all-out/Balls out in that final game.

12-22-2016, 01:34 PM
Well then you're clueless. In this league...no players ob is ever guaranteed. Or their contracts. And trust me, every other NFL Coaching staff and GM's watch ALL the games. And you start Half Assing it...not only will you end up hurt, and your career possibly over. But you will turn off all other of the leagues GM's, and get no new deal. You guys are trying to find a reason as to why the Steelers won't win the division...if they do lose against Baltimore. First off that is not going to happen. And secondly....if we DO win Sunday, and both Baltimore and Cincy are out of any playoff spot...they still will BOTH go all-out/Balls out in that final game. I seen enough teams this time of year laid down when they are out of it. Also seen others still trying like crazy even if there out. Apparently you didn't watch enough football over the years or is the one truly clueless!

- - - Updated - - -

Color Rush!! That's the only that might motivate them lol. Actually your other post that they don't like the Ravens either.

teegre
12-22-2016, 01:52 PM
Well then you're clueless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYMSJxN4WDU&app=desktop

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 02:06 PM

Funny :applaudit:

tube517
12-22-2016, 02:25 PM

An army without leaders is like a foot without a big toe Rex Ryan probably has that quote on his wall. :chuckle:

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 02:45 PM
I didn't mean any disrespect. But I still think it is clueless to think that players will want to deliberately lose a game cause it would hurt another teams chances...like ours. Yeah I mean I know and believe that some of Cincy players might not be as Hyped as if they would if this game meant a playoff spot for them, or if it were a playoff game. But no way would anyone miss a tackle on purpose or fumble a ball here and there.

12-22-2016, 03:32 PM
I didn't mean any disrespect. But I still think it is clueless to think that players will want to deliberately lose a game cause it would hurt another teams chances...like ours. Yeah I mean I know and believe that some of Cincy players might not be as Hyped as if they would if this game meant a playoff spot for them, or if it were a playoff game. But no way would anyone miss a tackle on purpose or fumble a ball here and there. I never said throwing the game but again wouldn't surprise me if Burfect and Jones tried. Those two idiots don't care and lose games for there team with stupid penalties and selfishness. I'm saying I doubt they will be very motivate it at all since there out of it and a win sends Pitt into the playoffs. I wouldn't want our season coming down to hoping on them.

12-22-2016, 03:57 PM
Oh and speaking of those two idiots alone since they are out of it, who never really cared when there team was in it. Probably give the Ravens a 150 yards in personnel fouls fighting with Steve Smith and etc which will have the same result as throwing the game.

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 04:01 PM
Oh and speaking of those two idiots alone since they are out of it, who never really cared when there team was in it. Probably give the Ravens a 150 yards in personnel fouls fighting with Steve Smith and etc which will have the same result as throwing the game.

No more so then the 20 + 15 yard penalties that Antonio, as well as others have had against them for celebrating.

12-22-2016, 04:05 PM
No more so then the 20 + 15 yard penalties that Antonio, as well as others have had against them for celebrating. I hope to see that this week and at least that means we scored a td. Not even close to the idiot penalties they do that is a 100% detrimental to there team.

Craic
12-22-2016, 04:08 PM
I never said throwing the game but again wouldn't surprise me if Burfect and Jones tried. Those two idiots don't care and lose games for there team with stupid penalties and selfishness. I'm saying I doubt they will be very motivate it at all since there out of it and a win sends Pitt into the playoffs. I wouldn't want our season coming down to hoping on them.
No.

As much as we Steelers fans like to think the NFL world revolves around us (and with six Lombardi trophies, there's legitimate reason to think so), it doesn't. Do the Bengals hate us? Sure. They also hate the Ravens. Burfict and Pacman Jones are both over-the-top emotional players. Those are not the type of players that simply lay down because they don't want another team to make the playoffs. They are the type of players that like to send messages for the following year.

Is it possible the Bengals come out flat simply because they have nothing to play for? Sure, that happens all the time. But in no way can you equate that to lacking a motivation because they don't want another team in the playoffs.

12-22-2016, 04:08 PM
Oh and as great as Bos is and was this week he still had issues keeping the ball on kickoff without being returned and that was without a Brown celebrating penalty.

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 04:12 PM
No.

As much as we Steelers fans like to think the NFL world revolves around us (and with six Lombardi trophies, there's legitimate reason to think so), it doesn't. Do the Bengals hate us? Sure. They also hate the Ravens. Burfict and Pacman Jones are both over-the-top emotional players. Those are not the type of players that simply lay down because they don't want another team to make the playoffs. They are the type of players that like to send messages for the following year.

Is it possible the Bengals come out flat simply because they have nothing to play for? Sure, that happens all the time. But in no way can you equate that to lacking a motivation because they don't want another team in the playoffs.

Absolutely 100 % correct. Just because Pacman and Burfict are emotional players who's on the field emotion sometimes gets them in trouble, or their team a penalty does NOT mean they are more prone to lose to a team on purpose just because it might hurt our playoff chances.

I mean if that guy thinks that way, then he also must think that Steeler players like Harrison...and especially Greg Lloyd must have been willing to do that as well.

SteelMayhem72
12-22-2016, 04:19 PM
we will pretty much have to play a perfect game in all 3 phases to have a shot at beating the ravens...they have had our number for a while now

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

12-22-2016, 04:19 PM
Absolutely 100 % correct. Just because Pacman and Burfict are emotional players who's on the field emotion sometimes gets them in trouble, or their team a penalty does NOT mean they are more prone to lose to a team on purpose just because it might hurt our playoff chances.

I mean if that guy thinks that way, then he also must think that Steeler players like Harrison...and especially Greg Lloyd must have been willing to do that as well. I was saying that cause there idiots and like I said they will really go off next week with the personal foul penalties cause now they really won't give a F. Ps never seen Llyod or Harrison ever cost us a playoff game because of there emotions.

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 04:24 PM
I was saying that cause there idiots and like I said they will really go off next week with the personal foul penalties cause now they really won't give a F. Ps never seen Llyod or Harrison ever cost us a playoff game because of there emotions.

Then you are a kid. Lloyd in a San Diego game way back got 2, unsportsman conduct penalties on one play that cost us that game, and the playoffs. Lloyd had a tom of penalties in his career, but he also did a lot of good. But his on the field emotion cost us plenty in the past. So has Harrison, and many others.

12-22-2016, 04:34 PM
Then you are a kid. Lloyd in a San Diego game way back got 2, unsportsman conduct penalties on one play that cost us that game, and the playoffs. Lloyd had a tom of penalties in his career, but he also did a lot of good. But his on the field emotion cost us plenty in the past. So has Harrison, and many others. Ain't know kid but don't remember every play from games 25 years back. Harrison got picked on cause of his tackle style and had nothing to do with emotions. I don't remember ever saying after a playoff game either was the reason we lost because of there penalties. Clearly Jones and Burfect purely was the reason we beat Cinci last year in the playoffs! That is undisputed!

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 04:45 PM
Ain't know kid but don't remember every play from games 25 years back. Harrison got picked on cause of his tackle style and had nothing to do with emotions. I don't remember ever saying after a playoff game either was the reason we lost because of there penalties. Clearly Jones and Burfect purely was the reason we beat Cinci last year in the playoffs! That is undisputed!

It didn't help, but they were NOT the reason we won. And also, that has NOTHING....to do with them being acceptable to not trying their absolute best to beat Baltimore..even if by doing so it gets us a playoff spot. Seriously sir, give up the argument. No one buys into it.

Born2Steel
12-22-2016, 04:47 PM
:cheer2:

12-22-2016, 04:56 PM
It didn't help, but they were NOT the reason we won. And also, that has NOTHING....to do with them being acceptable to not trying their absolute best to beat Baltimore..even if by doing so it gets us a playoff spot. Seriously sir, give up the argument. No one buys into it. Seriously Sir you need quit with your superior attitude and yes it is undisputed that they gave the game to us at the end and we would have lost had they not! Even Cinci fans will admit it but blame the refs. Every NFL fan that watched that game knows it, again you must be clueless if you can see that or admit it!

- - - Updated - - -

Ps I still think we would have won last week wit or without there blow up at the end but not that one.

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 05:06 PM
Seriously Sir you need quit with your superior attitude and yes it is undisputed that they gave the game to us at the end and we would have lost had they not! Even Cinci fans will admit it but blame the refs. Every NFL fan that watched that game knows it, again you must be clueless if you can see that or admit it!

- - - Updated - - -

Ps I still think we would have won last week wit or without there blow up at the end but not that
one.

You are so funny my friend, and a lost little puppy. You act as IF those two Cincy penalties actually WON us the game...Ahh, no dude. It was Boswell's 35Yd FG that won the game. All those penalties did was put us in a POSITION to get the Win. But you act as IF it were the penalties alone that gave us points. Oh and BTW...speaking of emotional, and Undisciplined play...maybe you ought to go and re-watch that game. We were tagged with 4 personal foul penalties, including a STUPID one by Mitchell on that final Cincy drive where we were up 15-10...do you remember that ? It was a 3rd & 17 for them, and Green was trying for a catch on the sideline, and it went over his head, and Mitchell came in with a TOTALLY unnecessary hit on Green..that gave them a 1st down inside our 25 yard line, and set them up for that go ahead TD.

So, we gave them as much..even MORE with stupid penalties then they gave us. And again...Adam Jones nor Burfict GAVE us that Win son. All it did was give us the CHANCE to go ahead.....no such thing as a fur SURE FG attempt. So please get back on topic and give up this ridiculous quest of yours.

12-22-2016, 05:15 PM
You are so funny my friend, and a lost little puppy. You act as IF those two Cincy penalties actually WON us the game...Ahh, no dude. It was Boswell's 35Yd FG that won the game. All those penalties did was put us in a POSITION to get the Win. But you act as IF it were the penalties alone that gave us points. Oh and BTW...speaking of emotional, and Undisciplined play...maybe you ought to go and re-watch that game. We were tagged with 4 personal foul penalties, including a STUPID one by Mitchell on that final Cincy drive where we were up 15-10...do you remember that ? It was a 3rd & 17 for them, and Green was trying for a catch on the sideline, and it went over his head, and Mitchell came in with a TOTALLY unnecessary hit on Green..that gave them a 1st down inside our 25 yard line, and set them up for that go ahead TD.

So, we gave them as much..even MORE with stupid penalties then they gave us. And again...Adam Jones nor Burfict GAVE us that Win son. All it did was give us the CHANCE to go ahead.....no such thing as a fur SURE FG attempt. So please get back on topic and give up this ridiculous quest of yours. Wrong!

- - - Updated - - -

Without those penalties we would never been in the position to win my little friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyhow have better things to do and keep stick up for your Bengal thug players and living in denial and have a great night.

Crow-Magnon
12-22-2016, 05:16 PM

I believe the Steelers are favored in the game, and rightly so. But I think it's a bit foolhardy to say there is "no way" the Steelers can lose this game. I'm sure in one of the last four meetings someone has had that sentiment.

Ravens-Steelers (especially an important game such as this) is when you disregard current records and performance. Both defenses, no matter their rankings, will be coming to play and play hard. This could be a classic, no matter the outcome.

SteelMayhem72
12-22-2016, 05:54 PM
im not feeling good about this game at all!!!

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 06:30 PM
im not feeling good about this game at all!!!

Why ? What on the paper facts do you have to suggest...barring unforeseen circumstances..that Baltimore will win this game ? Do they have better talent ? Are they a PROVEN Good team on the road this season ? Do we have critical injuries to key offensive players ?...what ?

Hawkman
12-22-2016, 07:47 PM
Wrong!

- - - Updated - - -

Without those penalties we would never been in the position to win my little friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong!! Watch the game again. The Bengals were doing nothing in the second half. Steelers were moving the ball at will. Penalties/no penalties, we still would have won the game. And will you guys stop with the "my little friend".....sounds so patronizing.

12-22-2016, 08:04 PM
Wrong!! Watch the game again. The Bengals were doing nothing in the second half. Steelers were moving the ball at will. Penalties/no penalties, we still would have won the game. And will you guys stop with the "my little friend".....sounds so patronizing. Check the time clock and the difference thanks to them was between having a 35 yard field goal to a 50 yard plus. Anyhow I didn't start this he did is a smart ahole Evey post to me and says he don't mean to but keeps doing it. I have enough with that arrogant ahole. Believe me read all the post before and you will see not my end!

Shoes
12-22-2016, 08:08 PM
I believe the Steelers are favored in the game, and rightly so. But I think it's a bit foolhardy to say there is "no way" the Steelers can lose this game. I'm sure in one of the last four meetings someone has had that sentiment.

Ravens-Steelers (especially an important game such as this) is when you disregard current records and performance. Both defenses, no matter their rankings, will be coming to play and play hard. This could be a classic, no matter the outcome.

Well the Ravens play the Pats tough too, but Brady cleaned their clock with no-name receivers and without Gronk! Foolhardy? I don't think so, but I am very confident the Steelers will win this one.

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 08:43 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/804183663579635712/31gmyf4q_bigger.jpg Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac (https://twitter.com/gerrydulac) Dec 21 (https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/811654275407511552)
How much has Steelers D improved since last Balt meeting? 362 yards rush allowed in prev 2 games, 323 yards rush yds allowed in prev 5 games

That's one solid reason why I like our chances this Sunday.

SteelMayhem72
12-22-2016, 08:47 PM
Why ? What on the paper facts do you have to suggest...barring unforeseen circumstances..that Baltimore will win this game ? Do they have better talent ? Are they a PROVEN Good team on the road this season ? Do we have critical injuries to key offensive players ?...what ?
They have had our number for a while now, you can throw out stats, talent, etc...

SteelMayhem72
12-22-2016, 08:52 PM
Everybody knows you can throw out all those stats and everything when you play a division foe especially for the division against the ravens...that being said this game is gonna be very close...we will need to play a pretty flawless game to come out of this one with a W...im not overly confident or pretty confident at all.

st33lersguy
12-22-2016, 08:52 PM
Part of me feels good about the Steelers winning this game, part of me thinks about how Baltimore has had this team's number for almost the entirety of this decade and doesn't feel good. Make no mistake, Baltimore always plays it's best against Pittsburgh, they always do their best against the Steelers.

12-22-2016, 09:17 PM
No.

Is it possible the Bengals come out flat simply because they have nothing to play for? Sure, that happens all the time. But in no way can you equate that to lacking a motivation because they don't want another team in the playoffs. Jones is over the top but Burfect is a different animal and just out to hurt players after the whistle and see what he did to Ben last year digging his knees into Ben's shoulder after the play. No us Steeler fans don't have homer tunnel vision. I never see a player like that on the Steelers or most other teams for that matter. Him and Suh are the only two I seen that try to take out a player when this whistle is done. Great talent on both but are scum of the earth players. Sadly the later part is what they will be remember for!

hawaiiansteeler
12-22-2016, 11:05 PM

:iagree:

teegre
12-22-2016, 11:22 PM
I think it's a bit foolhardy to say there is "no way" the Steelers can lose this game.

Don't worry. There are plenty here who say that there is "no way" the Steelers can win this game.

hawaiiansteeler
12-23-2016, 12:34 PM
Don't worry. There are plenty here who say that there is "no way" the Steelers can win this game.

yeah, i don't see any way we could possibly beat a team like the Ravens who lost to the New York Jets...

Crow-Magnon
12-23-2016, 02:20 PM
yeah, i don't see any way we could possibly beat a team like the Ravens who lost to the New York Jets...

Or got blown out by the Eagles?

Shoes
12-25-2016, 06:36 PM
YES!!

pczach
12-26-2016, 06:57 AM
YES!!

We need to change the title of this thread to: Ravens look to get step closer to next year's division title vs Steelers

​:heh: