PDA

View Full Version : Week 16: Ravens

Pages : [1] 2

Psycho Ward 86
12-18-2016, 10:21 PM
Nothing we did today is going to cut it against the Ravens. This one's for all the marbles. The dolphins surprisingly have a very favorable path to a wild card spot and the chiefs are most certainly not going to give up their seat. Whoever loses this game is probably out of the playoffs.

Ben is healthy this time around so I'm much more optimistic but the Green injury is worrisome. Even if Jimmy Smith is out or limited, we all know the ravens come out to play against us. Bell needs to play a lot better than last time as well. Hopefully our hurry up offense is cleaned up by next week as well. Today was just a pitiful showing for us in that department. I see us squeaking one out 27-24

st33lersguy
12-18-2016, 10:57 PM
This will come down to the wire. Hopefully being in Pittsburgh and having Ben will be the difference compared to last year's Suckbee induced meltdown, though no doubt Baltimore will provide their toughest test and unlike the ladies in orange and black that we just beat will not implode on their own in this big game

Psycho Ward 86
12-18-2016, 10:59 PM
This will come down to the wire. Hopefully being in Pittsburgh and having Ben will be the difference compared to last year's Suckbee induced meltdown, though no doubt Baltimore will provide their toughest test and unlike the ladies in orange and black that we just beat will not implode on their own in this big game

Dont even have to go that far. How about this year's previous meltdown?

Shoes
12-18-2016, 11:12 PM
Nothing we did today is going to cut it against the Ravens. This one's for all the marbles. The dolphins surprisingly have a very favorable path to a wild card spot and the chiefs are most certainly not going to give up their seat. Whoever loses this game is probably out of the playoffs.

Ben is healthy this time around so I'm much more optimistic but the Green injury is worrisome. Even if Jimmy Smith is out or limited, we all know the ravens come out to play against us. Bell needs to play a lot better than last time as well. Hopefully our hurry up offense is cleaned up by next week as well. Today was just a pitiful showing for us in that department. I see us squeaking one out 27-24

So is Tuitt's, the D suffered when he came off the field. My gut tells me neither will play Sunday. I hope I'm wrong.

teegre
12-18-2016, 11:15 PM
When BB, AB, & Bell are all clicking, no team can keep up with them.

It's that simple. Everything else is a window dressing.

Hawkman
12-18-2016, 11:31 PM
So is Tuitt's, the D suffered when he came off the field. My gut tells me neither will play Sunday. I hope I'm wrong.

The D suffered. Thought they did a great job of rising to the occasion in the second half, once they made the adjustments.

Shoes
12-18-2016, 11:41 PM
The D suffered. Thought they did a great job of rising to the occasion in the second half, once they made the adjustments.

Without Tuitt they are really thin up front. I just hope its nothing serious.

tube517
12-18-2016, 11:42 PM
Only 3 healthy D-linemen if Tuitt and Mathews can't go.

Hawkman
12-18-2016, 11:43 PM
Without Tuitt they are really thin up front. I just hope its nothing serious.

He was on the sideline in the second half still in uniform.....I'm hoping that's a good sign.

fansince'76
12-18-2016, 11:43 PM
The Steelers have lost 6 out of the last 7 to them, including the last 4 in a row. They're due.

Shoes
12-18-2016, 11:46 PM
He was on the sideline in the second half still in uniform.....I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Let's hope.

- - - Updated - - -

The Steelers have lost 6 out of the last 7 to them, including the last 4 in a row. They're due.

That bugs the hell out of me! So does not scoring a TD until late in the 4th twice this year.

Psycho Ward 86
12-19-2016, 12:37 AM
When BB, AB, & Bell are all clicking, no team can keep up with them.

It's that simple. Everything else is a window dressing.

too bad theyre never clicking at the same time

teegre
12-19-2016, 12:42 AM
too bad theyre never clicking at the same time

Never?

Psycho Ward 86
12-19-2016, 01:05 AM
Never?

not to the juggernautic fashion that youre referring to. you have to go a ways back before you find that.

were still a lock to be the most underachieving offense in the NFL for 3 seasons straight

teegre
12-19-2016, 01:18 AM
not to the juggernautic fashion that youre referring to. you have to go a ways back before you find that.

were still a lock to be the most underachieving offense in the NFL for 3 seasons straight

My point is that we can talk about whether Player A or Player B will play or not, or we can dissect the secondary, or delve into a bevy of other factors... but, the Steelers go as those three go.

Maybe they've not reached the juggernaut level points-wise, but when the three of them on the field together, the Steelers are 11 games over .500.

teegre
12-19-2016, 01:46 AM
And now... math.

2014: 7th in points scored
2015: 4th in points scored
2016: 11th in points scored

2014: All were healthy
2015: Bell missed 10 games, BB missed 4 games
2016: Bell missed 3 games, missed 1 game

So, Yes, the Steelers should have scored more in 2014 (since all three were healthy), but somehow, they won the division despite only ranking 7th in scoring.

The weird season is 2015, where they should have scored far fewer points (considering 14 games were missed).

Lastly, 11th this year is indeed underachieving (with or without those four "missed" games).

Renegade
12-19-2016, 01:54 AM
It has been a really long time the whole "cold night in Pittsburgh" scared the ravens. I hope this is the beginning of Steeler dominance once again in this all of a sudden even rivalry. (steelers once lead in the season series by a whole bunch.) To win the division on Christmas day, against the ravens and oust them from playoff contention is too amazing for me to comprehend. It really needs to be a special and memorable night in Pittsburgh Steelers history. If they do, it will be reminiscent of the 2010-11 playoff game where the steelers really won nicely! I want to see that "ravens lose in Pittsburgh" mojo back again!!!! Here we go, steelers, here we go, Pittsburgh's going to the superbowl!"

Crow-Magnon
12-19-2016, 04:43 AM

I think since Game 1 of the 2010 season Baltimore has won 10 and the Steelers have won 5. I was surprised at that stat. But I think stats are meaningless when these two teams square up against each other. Nothing remains consistent except intensity (although even that seemed tempered in the last game).

But this game will decide the season. If Pittsburgh wins, they aren't losing the last game to Cleveland. This game has weight. And will be contested as such by both sides.

Moose
12-19-2016, 09:54 AM
Nothing we did today is going to cut it against the Ravens.
This pretty much says it all ! You aren't going to beat the rat's with kicking 3's while they put up 7's. Our D has been pathetic and our special team is a joke. Flacco will dink/dunk us all day. True, we have some super Offensive player's in the 3 'B's, but defense wins the shoot outs. So, with that said, playing at home is a big plus, now let's hope Tomlin has our guys pumped on both sides of the ball and come out blasting for a FULL 60 minutes !

BlackAndGold
12-19-2016, 10:01 AM
I'm really worried that Tuitt may miss the game. The Ravens always hurt us with their zone running scheme.

We need him to be out there. Hoping it was just Tomlin not letting him back into the game cause he was thinking big picture.

Born2Steel
12-19-2016, 11:04 AM
So by the rationale being posted on here, " Our D has been pathetic and our special team is a joke", "were still a lock to be the most underachieving offense in the NFL for 3 seasons straight", then we must be winning by sheer dumb luck. I don't think some of you realize there are 2 teams on the field. The other team is trying to take away what we do best. The other team is trying to exploit where we are weakest. Sometimes, sometimes they are successful. Otherwise what's the point in playing the games. I get disappointed also, when we lose on bad plays or playmaking. But we seem to be on a winning streak right now. Guys playing hurt, rookies making plays, Timmons and Harrison looking youthful again, even with missing 2pt conversions. It's Ravens week, damnit! No time for this negative crap. Let's Go Steelers!!!

Mojouw
12-19-2016, 11:24 AM
Did we all just watch the same game on Sunday? The defense gave up 38 yards in a half of football to a non Cleveland Browns or Jacksonville Jaguars team. And that is with a defensive line held together with duct tape and baling wire.

As to the offense, all you need to do is score more points than the other guys. Seems like this board is a "damned if they do and damned if they don't" kind of jury with the Steelers offense. If they throw the ball around the lot and try to put up the 350+ yards and potentially high # of points that goes with that style - Haley and company get slammed for being "too cute" and "not smart enough" about TOP and on and on. Then if the Steelers put up a run heavy gameplan - that gets crapped on because it doesn't produce a blowout. Weird. I thought it was still 1957 too.

Steelers scored points on all but 1 of their drives yesterday and didn't turn the ball over on the road, in a Division game, in December. Am I certain they will win against the Ravens? Of course not. Those SOB's have somehow cobbled together the best defense in the NFL out of Terrell Suggs, Dumerville, and spare parts. They only do two things well on offense - deep balls to Wallace and/or Smith and dump-offs to the RB. Unfortunately those are the same two things that the Steelers are bad at defending.

But, I refuse to sit here and doom and gloom. Especially when that involves cherry-picking what to focus on.

quistors
12-19-2016, 01:16 PM
This pretty much says it all ! You aren't going to beat the rat's with kicking 3's while they put up 7's. Our D has been pathetic and our special team is a joke. Flacco will dink/dunk us all day. True, we have some super Offensive player's in the 3 'B's, but defense wins the shoot outs. So, with that said, playing at home is a big plus, now let's hope Tomlin has our guys pumped on both sides of the ball and come out blasting for a FULL 60 minutes !

You haven't really watched the steelers the last 5 weeks have you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mojouw
12-19-2016, 01:19 PM
How does defense win a "shoot-out"?:huh:

Also, if these guys need Tomlin to get them pumped up for a game - then screw 'em. Anyone who needs a coach to pump them up for a divisional game with the championship on the line is just a mercenary in it for the paycheck.

Crow-Magnon
12-19-2016, 02:55 PM
Did we all just watch the same game on Sunday? The defense gave up 38 yards in a half of football to a non Cleveland Browns or Jacksonville Jaguars team. And that is with a defensive line held together with duct tape and baling wire.

As to the offense, all you need to do is score more points than the other guys. Seems like this board is a "damned if they do and damned if they don't" kind of jury with the Steelers offense. If they throw the ball around the lot and try to put up the 350+ yards and potentially high # of points that goes with that style - Haley and company get slammed for being "too cute" and "not smart enough" about TOP and on and on. Then if the Steelers put up a run heavy gameplan - that gets crapped on because it doesn't produce a blowout. Weird. I thought it was still 1957 too.

Steelers scored points on all but 1 of their drives yesterday and didn't turn the ball over on the road, in a Division game, in December. Am I certain they will win against the Ravens? Of course not. Those SOB's have somehow cobbled together the best defense in the NFL out of Terrell Suggs, Dumerville, and spare parts. They only do two things well on offense - deep balls to Wallace and/or Smith and dump-offs to the RB. Unfortunately those are the same two things that the Steelers are bad at defending.

But, I refuse to sit here and doom and gloom. Especially when that involves cherry-picking what to focus on.

You know what? People like YOU are why my friends keep wondering why I call Flacco Moonball Joe. :hail:

I have to admit that seems to be a tactic oft deployed against the Steelers secondary. That..and the dump-off to the RB's. Whether that works this Sunday remains to be seen. What the Ravens need to do IMO is run the friggin' ball and keep the clock moving. But that probably won't happen and Joe will probably toss it 45 times. Or more.

As to the Ravens run defense, it's gotten porous of late. Not a good thing when facing LB. Well, good for you guys maybe.

steel striker
12-19-2016, 02:55 PM
Like mentioned above the steelers are due to beat the ravens and, this game is has everything on the line! Win or no playoffs!

tube517
12-19-2016, 03:54 PM

Mojouw
12-19-2016, 04:01 PM
You know what? People like YOU are why my friends keep wondering why I call Flacco Moonball Joe. :hail:

I have to admit that seems to be a tactic oft deployed against the Steelers secondary. That..and the dump-off to the RB's. Whether that works this Sunday remains to be seen. What the Ravens need to do IMO is run the friggin' ball and keep the clock moving. But that probably won't happen and Joe will probably toss it 45 times. Or more.

As to the Ravens run defense, it's gotten porous of late. Not a good thing when facing LB. Well, good for you guys maybe.

I strongly suspect they are going to have that run D shored up! I think the game will come down to which defense generates the most pressure.

On another note, what, in your opinion, would be the general consensus among Raven fans about Flacco? I know that when I talk to the folks I watch football with out my way (NFC North folks w/ no Ravens fans for perspective) we all kinda see a guy that throws a great deep ball but gets happy feet and makes mistakes if you get frequent pressure and smack him around a bit. Might not be a fair evaluation.

Hawkman
12-19-2016, 05:32 PM
Can't believe that the game is on NFL channel and not a major network. What a slap in the face. It's crappy enough that it's scheduled on Christmas Day, but damn, a game that will probably decide the AFC champion!!!:rant::mad:

Born2Steel
12-19-2016, 05:40 PM
Can't believe that the game is on NFL channel and not a major network. What a slap in the face. It's crappy enough that it's scheduled on Christmas Day, but damn, a game that will probably decide the AFC champion!!!:rant::mad:

It's on Christmas day so I probably won't be watching anyway. But you would think the networks that normally carry the games would be fighting for it. Who does that put as announcers? Anyone know?

Crow-Magnon
12-19-2016, 05:45 PM
I strongly suspect they are going to have that run D shored up! I think the game will come down to which defense generates the most pressure.

On another note, what, in your opinion, would be the general consensus among Raven fans about Flacco? I know that when I talk to the folks I watch football with out my way (NFC North folks w/ no Ravens fans for perspective) we all kinda see a guy that throws a great deep ball but gets happy feet and makes mistakes if you get frequent pressure and smack him around a bit. Might not be a fair evaluation.

Here is my take on Flacco. I firmly believe that any team in the NFL whose QB is not named Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger and maybe two or three others would love to have Joe Flacco as their QB. Now, I realize as a team whose QB is named Roethlisberger may chuckle at that, but if the Steelers QB was Osweiler, or Bortles, or RG III or a host of others, who would you rather have?

Is he truly "elite"? No, he's not, as he is not consistent enough to be elite IMO. But he's proven himself to be a winner. I don't think he has happy feet. He actually sits in the pocket too long and then tries to escape when the pocket collapses and that's not his shtick. If he left the pocket and rolled out more, he'd take less sacks. He throws a great deep ball as far as range is concerned, but not as accurate as others.

He may not be the best, but compared to other Ravens QB, who would I rather have? Boller? Anthony Wright? Stoney Case? Scott Mitchell? Need I go on? lol

tube517
12-19-2016, 05:51 PM
It's on Christmas day so I probably won't be watching anyway. But you would think the networks that normally carry the games would be fighting for it. Who does that put as announcers? Anyone know?

I think the NBC announcers have the 2nd half of the season. So, I think it's Michaels or Tirico with Collinsworthless.

That's just a guess because I can't find confirmation online

Hawkman
12-19-2016, 05:57 PM
Here is my take on Flacco. I firmly believe that any team in the NFL whose QB is not named Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger and maybe two or three others would love to have Joe Flacco as their QB. Now, I realize as a team whose QB is named Roethlisberger may chuckle at that, but if the Steelers QB was Osweiler, or Bortles, or RG III or a host of others, who would you rather have?

Is he truly "elite"? No, he's not, as he is not consistent enough to be elite IMO. But he's proven himself to be a winner. I don't think he has happy feet. He actually sits in the pocket too long and then tries to escape when the pocket collapses and that's not his shtick. If he left the pocket and rolled out more, he'd take less sacks. He throws a great deep ball as far as range is concerned, but not as accurate as others.

He may not be the best, but compared to other Ravens QB, who would I rather have? Boller? Anthony Wright? Stoney Case? Scott Mitchell? Need I go on? lol

Great point....and he has led them to SB Championship. We are spoiled with Ben. We love to bitch about him when he has a bad game or two, but I truly dread the day when he hangs them up. We went twenty years between elite QBs, had some awesome defenses, but only a handful of playoff appearances and one SB, (a loss).

Mojouw
12-19-2016, 06:02 PM

I totally see that. I wasn't really trying to downgrade Flacco. He is definitely in that next tier of QB's after the truly top guys. I also think everyone might feel differently about him if the Ravens ever truly surrounded him with a ton of weapons. It scares me that they seem to finally be getting him a lot of deep speed kinda guys. While I can't say that I really regret the run of bad injury luck they have had at the skill positions - that can't hold for ever.

Wallace/Perriman/Pitta/Dixon/Smith (assuming he keeps playing) all healthy and contributing would be very scary!

86WARD
12-19-2016, 06:06 PM
I don't feel that great about this game.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-19-2016, 06:14 PM
If we can't beat the Ravens at home considering the rivalry and what is at stake we have no business being in the playoffs anyhow and won't go far.

Crow-Magnon
12-19-2016, 06:18 PM
I totally see that. I wasn't really trying to downgrade Flacco. He is definitely in that next tier of QB's after the truly top guys. I also think everyone might feel differently about him if the Ravens ever truly surrounded him with a ton of weapons. It scares me that they seem to finally be getting him a lot of deep speed kinda guys. While I can't say that I really regret the run of bad injury luck they have had at the skill positions - that can't hold for ever.

Wallace/Perriman/Pitta/Dixon/Smith (assuming he keeps playing) all healthy and contributing would be very scary!

The Dolphins game aside, Flacco seems to do best in a 40%-60% scheme, where he only passes 40% or so of the time and the Ravens run the ball. Use the rush to set up the passing attack. When he throws 50-60 passes it's often a recipe for disaster.

You do have to admit that as of late, he has handled the Steelers defense rather well. I think he has a better W-L record at Heinz Field than any other QB as of late.

Born2Steel
12-19-2016, 06:20 PM
Another great game in a very storied rivalry. Sad I won't get to watch. Christmas day just has too many other obligations for my time. I could record it, but I'll be keeping an eye on the score so wouldn't watch later anyway. It's all on the line in this one. May as well call it a playoff game. I think maybe we're undefeated against the Ravens in the playoffs....anybody got the score on that?

86WARD
12-19-2016, 06:33 PM
Agree...if the Steelers can't beat the Ravens in this game, they don't deserve the playoffs.

tube517
12-19-2016, 06:36 PM
Another great game in a very storied rivalry. Sad I won't get to watch. Christmas day just has too many other obligations for my time. I could record it, but I'll be keeping an eye on the score so wouldn't watch later anyway. It's all on the line in this one. May as well call it a playoff game. I think maybe we're undefeated against the Ravens in the playoffs....anybody got the score on that?

No, we lost in 2014-15 in the WC game. No Le'Veon/No running game.

SteelerFanInStl
12-19-2016, 06:51 PM

Is it really? That's a crock of shit! If it were Dallas or the Pats playing, it would be on one of the major networks. That sucks. I've mostly missed the last two games because they weren't on locally and the streams on Kodi/ProSport have been absolute crap.

ALLD
12-19-2016, 06:56 PM
I don't feel that great about this game.

What do you feel like? There is a rumor that Baltimore is changing their team logo to the Baltimore Transgenders.

12-19-2016, 06:58 PM
Is it really? That's a crock of shit! If it were Dallas or the Pats playing, it would be on one of the major networks. That sucks. I've mostly missed the last two games because they weren't on locally and the streams on Kodi/ProSport have been absolute crap. Yep a bunch of bs and most of all the NFL Thursday games have also been on CBS and later NBC. But not this one! Going to cost me a extra 5 bucks this month to get the NFL channel in just for this game. The good news is I will get to hear them talking about Dallas 24/7 after the game. Not that I don't get enough of that with ESPN.

Hawkman
12-19-2016, 07:00 PM
What do you feel like? There is a rumor that Baltimore is changing their team logo to the Baltimore Transgenders.

That's....a little funny.:chuckle:

Mojouw
12-19-2016, 07:56 PM
The Dolphins game aside, Flacco seems to do best in a 40%-60% scheme, where he only passes 40% or so of the time and the Ravens run the ball. Use the rush to set up the passing attack. When he throws 50-60 passes it's often a recipe for disaster.

You do have to admit that as of late, he has handled the Steelers defense rather well. I think he has a better W-L record at Heinz Field than any other QB as of late.

That seems like a pretty reasonable assessment. To be fair to Flacco, that is true for almost any QB! But the Ravens and the Steelers kinda share an offensive trend towards the deep ball. Need that running game to suck those safeties and linebackers up or your just asking for trouble when you chuck it long!

Flacco has handled the Steelers defense very well lately. I think he "understands" it better than most. That being said the lack of a pass rush and the lack of a certain long-haired safety might have something to do with that.

I am really interested to see what defensive posture Butler and the Steelers take on Sunday. Are they going to sit back and "tackle the catch" while trying to contain West and Dixon? Or are they going to pin their ears back and try and come after Flacco?

Ravens fans have to be excited about Dixon, right? Also why is West playing over him? Little I have seen (admittedly very little) he looks like the better back when healthy.

tube517
12-19-2016, 08:40 PM

st33lersguy
12-19-2016, 11:12 PM
I think the NBC announcers have the 2nd half of the season. So, I think it's Michaels or Tirico with Collinsworthless.

That's just a guess because I can't find confirmation online

They are doing the Broncos-Chiefs game later on that night. Not sure who the Steelers will have

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully, the defense can crank up the pressure on Moonball Joe. One positive here is that the last time they had the big 3 together at home against the Ratbirds was Ben's 2nd consecutive 6 TD game. I hope Ben continues to play hot at home and that the defense continues to play hot against Flacco and company. Would hate to watch the Rats make it 7 of 8 dating back to Thanksgiving day 2013

teegre
12-19-2016, 11:23 PM
"The Steelers never beat the Ravens!!!"

Really? When was the last time that AB, Bell, and BB were all healthy when facing the Ravens?

Sep 2014: home team won by 20
Nov 2014: home team won by 20
Jan 2015: no Bell

Oct 2015: no BB
Dec 2015: no Bell

Nov 2016: BB was returning from injury
Dec 2016: all three are healthy

Crow-Magnon
12-20-2016, 03:54 AM
That seems like a pretty reasonable assessment. To be fair to Flacco, that is true for almost any QB! But the Ravens and the Steelers kinda share an offensive trend towards the deep ball. Need that running game to suck those safeties and linebackers up or your just asking for trouble when you chuck it long!

Flacco has handled the Steelers defense very well lately. I think he "understands" it better than most. That being said the lack of a pass rush and the lack of a certain long-haired safety might have something to do with that.

I am really interested to see what defensive posture Butler and the Steelers take on Sunday. Are they going to sit back and "tackle the catch" while trying to contain West and Dixon? Or are they going to pin their ears back and try and come after Flacco?

Ravens fans have to be excited about Dixon, right? Also why is West playing over him? Little I have seen (admittedly very little) he looks like the better back when healthy.

I believe Dixon got hurt late in preseason and got a slow start. Both backs are pretty good. They just need to be used more.

And yeah, that "long-haired safety" made a difference a few times!

Iron Steeler
12-20-2016, 10:46 AM
The ravens seem to have leveons patient running style figured out. Id like to pepper in williams alot this game. Change the style up .

We need to clean up our penalties. We gave up so much field postion against the bengals on penalties alone.

Speaking of field position, we need a good day out of special teams. Kick off / punt unit. Once the ravens get over our 45 Justin tucker is in range .

Renegade
12-20-2016, 12:40 PM
Williams did very well against the Ravens. I was at the game last december. he had over 100 yards and 2 rushing touchdowns. Williams needs to be a big part of this game. While bell does not run great against the ravens defense, he did run against them well in his first time against them in 2013. (steelers won 19-16 on a fg). Also, Bell had a decent game in the 43-23 blasting of the birds during 2014. Brown is the one who always disappears against the ravens. I do not understand this. I watch the ravens all the time and they can stop the run, but cannot cover anything. I never understand why when teams play the ravens, they play to their strength (try to run the football or have under-the-center, singleback pass plays or screens with no protection).

When the ravens lose, it is because the other teams spread them out (ex, raiders, patriots, cowboys). While i think williams needs a decent amount of touches, and will be successful, Ben needs to really open up the game with Eli and Brown. I wish i was on the field.

Craic
12-20-2016, 12:55 PM
Williams did very well against the Ravens. I was at the game last december. he had over 100 yards and 2 rushing touchdowns. Williams needs to be a big part of this game. While bell does not run great against the ravens defense, he did run against them well in his first time against them in 2013. (steelers won 19-16 on a fg). Also, Bell had a decent game in the 43-23 blasting of the birds during 2014. Brown is the one who always disappears against the ravens. I do not understand this. I watch the ravens all the time and they can stop the run, but cannot cover anything. I never understand why when teams play the ravens, they play to their strength (try to run the football or have under-the-center, singleback pass plays or screens with no protection).

When the ravens lose, it is because the other teams spread them out (ex, raiders, patriots, cowboys). While i think williams needs a decent amount of touches, and will be successful, Ben needs to really open up the game with Eli and Brown. I wish i was on the field.

I think it has more to do with it being a rivalry game. They know us better than anyone. They know Ben better than anyone. So they know how to play us. Likewise, we know them the same way. It's why divisional football is always a crapshoot.

Hawkman
12-20-2016, 02:57 PM

I believe if Williams plays, it will be on limited basis. Don't want to overwork that knee, especially when he still had fluid on it on Saturday.

ALLD
12-20-2016, 06:47 PM
That's....a little funny.:chuckle:

Nothing personal to 86, but I have been waiting to use that line and there was no better opportunity.

tube517
12-20-2016, 06:58 PM
They are doing the Broncos-Chiefs game later on that night. Not sure who the Steelers will have

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully, the defense can crank up the pressure on Moonball Joe. One positive here is that the last time they had the big 3 together at home against the Ratbirds was Ben's 2nd consecutive 6 TD game. I hope Ben continues to play hot at home and that the defense continues to play hot against Flacco and company. Would hate to watch the Rats make it 7 of 8 dating back to Thanksgiving day 2013

Then it may be Tirico and Doug Flutie and Dungy??? They are the "Second team" lol

GoSlash27
12-20-2016, 07:02 PM
All of the history is out the window when we play Baltimore. Both teams know each other. Both know they need to win. Both are professional at prep.
It's all about matchups and I believe Pittsburgh has the edge.

- - - Updated - - -

All of the history is out the window when we play Baltimore. Both teams know each other. Both know they need to win. Both are professional at prep.

12-20-2016, 07:08 PM

- - - Updated - - -

It's all about matchups and I believe Pittsburgh has the edge.Big factor is that it's a home game and think that might be a huge factor. Ben at home on Prime Time with all on the line? Like I said he is waiting for this one!

Boh
12-21-2016, 10:33 AM
Can't say im too confident

http://imgur.com/MiOsuKS

Iron Steeler
12-21-2016, 10:51 AM
So can we all agree that our key to victory is field position? Thanks guy! :alcohol:

Born2Steel
12-21-2016, 11:14 AM
"The Steelers never beat the Ravens!!!"

Really? When was the last time that AB, Bell, and BB were all healthy when facing the Ravens?

I see what you're saying. I do agree we stand the best chance when those 3 are healthy and playing well at the same time. This game does come down to that. I feel the most important part of this game Sunday will be who wins the LOS battles. Our Oline has to play extremely well. I think we can just plain out score the Ravens. Even if we give up some big plays to the moonball, we should stay ahead on the scoreboard. So long as our big men can win the trenches, I love our chances.

SteelMember
12-21-2016, 12:23 PM
So can we all agree that our key to victory is field position? Thanks guy! :alcohol:

The key is Tomlin's sunglasses.
If it's cold and overcast, and he's wearing them, we've already lost... that half anyway. :wink02: (see last week)

:chuckle:

tube517
12-21-2016, 01:00 PM
The key to the game is we need to outscore them.
-Beano Cook

:huh::nod::wink02: :chuckle:

The bell ringer
12-21-2016, 01:50 PM
Hello there fans. I can respect those who are worried about this game. I mean most of the Steeler/Raven games are close and tough. However, Ben is like 7-2 against the Ravens in Pittsburgh, and one of those losses was a fluke. Not to mention that Baltimore has not been what I would call Impressive on the road this year..what, 2 wins ? Against Cleveland & Jacksonville. How many total W's is that between those two teams ?

No sir, I am pretty confident we wrap it up on Sunday.

43Hitman
12-21-2016, 03:33 PM
Hello there fans. I can respect those who are worried about this game. I mean most of the Steeler/Raven games are close and tough. However, Ben is like 7-2 against the Ravens in Pittsburgh, and one of those losses was a fluke. Not to mention that Baltimore has not been what I would call Impressive on the road this year..what, 2 wins ? Against Cleveland & Jacksonville. How many total W's is that between those two teams ?

No sir, I am pretty confident we wrap it up on Sunday. Welcome to the boards. I have a good feeling about this game also, we need to be better in ST coverage, limit our penalties and it's our game to lose.

The bell ringer
12-21-2016, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the boards. I have a good feeling about this game also, we need to be better in ST coverage, limit our penalties and it's our game to lose.

Well you can say that about any team and be correct sir :-) But it is true of course. I think then cannot truly beat us, we ( Steelers ) can only beat ourselves.

The bell ringer
12-21-2016, 07:23 PM
Eli, ready to take another " Poop " this Sunday on the Ravens.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0PS1m7WgAAqMRc.jpg

hawaiiansteeler
12-21-2016, 11:41 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/6d/de/ca/6ddecaa87c22006df20e2475c3b32b95.jpg

cubanstogie
12-22-2016, 10:29 AM
The offensive line is playing phenomenal, and secondary playing much better. Those were the Achilles heal the last few years. The o line problems actually much longer, I would say for ten years its been below average. If Ben gets time to throw I think Steelers better team will win. Problem is Baltimore seems to have the most success of any teams getting to Ben. Suggs seems to always have big games. Its a given Ravens will get a long pass interference penalty and a couple of swing passes to backs that go for twenty plus, but Steelers D has been great at bending but not breaking. My heart can't take a three point game, I reallly would love for Steelers to start fast, something they hardly do agains Ravens.

teegre
12-22-2016, 10:38 AM
The offensive line is playing phenomenal, and secondary playing much better. Those were the Achilles heal the last few years. The o line problems actually much longer, I would say for ten years its been below average. If Ben gets time to throw I think Steelers better team will win. Problem is Baltimore seems to have the most success of any teams getting to Ben. Suggs seems to always have big games. Its a given Ravens will get a long pass interference penalty and a couple of swing passes to backs that go for twenty plus, but Steelers D has been great at bending but not breaking. My heart can't take a three point game, I reallly would love for Steelers to start fast, something they hardly do agains Ravens.

This is a great post... especially the part about wanting to get out to a big lead over the Ravens.

Dear Santa,
Please let the Steelers be up by 14 for the entirety of the game.

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 10:47 AM
The key for the Ravens is so clear. Get good starting field position....make sure you get good yardage on 1st & 2nd downs to avoid any longer 3rd down plays. That will keep the opposing teams pass rush down to minimum. Cause the Ravens Pass protection has been bad. And Flacco sucks when he is pressured. That is why most of his best games have been where teams just allow him to sit back in the pocket and work his TE or receivers in the short middle of the field. If you can make Flacco have to always be looking around for the Pass rush, that is when he folds like a cheap suit.

steel striker
12-22-2016, 02:32 PM
I just hope the steelers win this game and, I'm sure we would all love a two td spread with the steelers on top. We all know they usually play very tight and, tough games more than likely it will be a one score game. I just feel Ben usually plays better at home and, the steelers are due to break this four gaming losing streak against the rats. I was hoping Green could play because, I know he could open up the middle of the field.

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 02:41 PM
Just wondering, if we do win, win the division, and extend our winning streak to 6 games. Well lets say Oakland wins this weekend as well, there by eliminating any chance we have at getting the 2nd seed...do we rest most of our players in that final game against Cleveland ? There by MAYBE giving them a chance to get a W this season ? And also ending our 6 game winning streak. Or do we still maybe play Ben, and some other KEY players so that we can enter the playoffs on a 7 game win streak ? I mean no matter if we do rest Ben, Bell, Antonio, ect...the players we do play will still try and win. But it might not be an easy win if Landry is playing all day. So what say you, if the Browns game can do us no good...do we rest key players ?

tube517
12-22-2016, 03:06 PM

Not that he's been productive lately but still not good news.

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 03:23 PM

Not that he's been productive lately but still not good news.

It's bad if he can't suit up IF Ladarius Green is also out. We might have to use David Johnson as an extra receiver.

ALLD
12-22-2016, 03:35 PM
Throw the ball to #84 and hand the ball to #26.

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 03:43 PM
Throw the ball to #84 and hand the ball to #26.

Can't use Bell the traditional way. Baltimore is too good defensively for that. They have to spread him out a lot, use him out of the backfield as well more then usual. Brown will get doubled, as will Jesse James with a extra S pr LB. If Coates and Green are out, then we will have to get at least 200 Yds receiving and 2 TD's from Eli Rogers and others. Or HOPE our defense with it's deleted Line can produce a TO or two for an easy score.

tube517
12-22-2016, 04:20 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rookie-de-johnny-maxey-practices-with-steelers-1st-team-defense/

Johnny Maxey might be the next Steeler to make the jump from the practice squad to the playing field.
On Wednesday, it was reported by the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's Chris Adamski that Maxey saw time with the Steelers first team defense during practice along with L.T. Walton and Javon Hargrave. Maxey told Adamski that Pittsburgh's defensive coaches are evaluating him this week, as the Steelers prepare to possibly play without Stephon Tuitt, who was inactive on Wednesday after suffering a knee injury during Sunday's victory over the Bengals.

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 04:29 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rookie-de-johnny-maxey-practices-with-steelers-1st-team-defense/

I Love " Maxey's " Moxie :applaudit: However, in the end if Tuitt cannot go, or Matthews..I bet the Steelers will do what they did last week. Move Dupree to the DE spot. Or maybe use Hargave at DE and McCullers at NG. Maxey...if he does suit up, it will be as a situational rotation player and Back-up.

vader29
12-22-2016, 04:37 PM
:heh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZlAqUYeCAc

Shoes
12-22-2016, 04:42 PM
I'll take Cobi over Coates any day, throw in a bit of Eli. It will be fine.

Born2Steel
12-22-2016, 04:49 PM

Nice.

Crow-Magnon
12-22-2016, 05:31 PM

I haven't had an Eat'n Park cookie in a while. Maybe 15 years. They still any good?

Psycho Ward 86
12-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Ravens defense has allowed allowed 122 more yards and 10 more points on the road compared to at home this season

Against the pass:

Home: 61.2%, 9TD 8INT, 72.9 QB rating, 4.2 ANY/A
Away: 66.5%, 15TD 8INT, 98.7 QB rating, 7.2 ANY/A

lets get this done

43Hitman
12-22-2016, 06:37 PM
We could always line Bell up in the slot and play Williams at hb all day.

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 06:42 PM
We could always line Bell up in the slot and play Williams at hb all day.

If we want to lose we could.

12-22-2016, 08:06 PM
If we want to lose we could. Tell us what is wrong with that and how to win F genius! You again acting like nobody knows anything but you!

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 08:39 PM
Tell us what is wrong with that and how to win F genius! You again acting like nobody knows anything but you!

Being able to catch does not mean a RB has the skills to line-up at a WR position. There is more to that then just having good hands. Bell has no idea what the WR's do. I mean they're not just responsible for running routes and catching balls. There are Blocking schemes, ect. Bell's ability works from the Backfield. Placing him anywhere else only takes his proven abilities away. If you wanna have both Bell and Williams on the field together, better would be to have them both in the backfield together. That way one can be in motion, and when Ben gets the snap, he can turn around ( Hiding the ball from the defense )...and give it to one Back going one direction, or the other RB. That way the defense can't solely isolate their attention and attack any one RB. Also remember, Ben can Play action as well, and not hand it off to anyone. That alone freezes the defense. But to spread out a RB to a WR slot is Insane cause as a RB, they have zero knowledge of what they do. There does that answer your question ?

12-22-2016, 08:57 PM
Being able to catch does not mean a RB has the skills to line-up at a WR position. There is more to that then just having good hands. Bell has no idea what the WR's do. I mean they're not just responsible for running routes and catching balls. There are Blocking schemes, ect. Bell's ability works from the Backfield. Placing him anywhere else only takes his proven abilities away. If you wanna have both Bell and Williams on the field together, better would be to have them both in the backfield together. That way one can be in motion, and when Ben gets the snap, he can turn around ( Hiding the ball from the defense )...and give it to one Back going one direction, or the other RB. That way the defense can't solely isolate their attention and attack any one RB. Also remember, Ben can Play action as well, and not hand it off to anyone. That alone freezes the defense. But to spread out a RB to a WR slot is Insane cause as a RB, they have zero knowledge of what they do. There does that answer your question ? Yep it does and thank your for your knowledge. Please can some on the board fax the answer into Tomlin in company before the weekend. They need to practice this on Saturday.

SteelMayhem72
12-22-2016, 10:51 PM
Being able to catch does not mean a RB has the skills to line-up at a WR position. There is more to that then just having good hands. Bell has no idea what the WR's do. I mean they're not just responsible for running routes and catching balls. There are Blocking schemes, ect. Bell's ability works from the Backfield. Placing him anywhere else only takes his proven abilities away. If you wanna have both Bell and Williams on the field together, better would be to have them both in the backfield together. That way one can be in motion, and when Ben gets the snap, he can turn around ( Hiding the ball from the defense )...and give it to one Back going one direction, or the other RB. That way the defense can't solely isolate their attention and attack any one RB. Also remember, Ben can Play action as well, and not hand it off to anyone. That alone freezes the defense. But to spread out a RB to a WR slot is Insane cause as a RB, they have zero knowledge of what they do. There does that answer your question ?
Bell will be lined up in the slot a bunch or will motion to the slot, nothing will change i promise you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

BlackAndGold
12-22-2016, 11:36 PM
Incase anyone wants to watch a classic Steelers vs Ravens game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxxjWPeIwxA

quistors
12-23-2016, 01:54 AM
Excuse my French but what the fuck kind of offense is this!!!! One of the dumbest post I've seen in a while

Born2Steel
12-23-2016, 08:39 AM
I honestly think this is ONE GUY arguing with himself on each and every thread under 2 different names.

teegre
12-23-2016, 08:49 AM
I honestly think this is ONE GUY arguing with himself on each and every thread under 2 different names.

A couple of years ago, over at SF, a poster named Lloydwoodson did exactly that.

It was entertaining. And, poignant (because, he was extremely argumentative... even with himself :lol: ).

86WARD
12-23-2016, 10:28 AM
There's been some real nice additions to the board lately

Mojouw
12-23-2016, 10:38 AM
Not going to quote it because I'm lazy, but the posting(s) about Bell as a WR maybe kinda sorta could be true if it wasn't about Leveon Bell. Why?

1. Unique talent
2. He spent large portions of the off-season and his suspension running routes and practicing the WR position.

So so once again, can we actually talk about facts and logic?

43Hitman
12-23-2016, 11:17 AM
Not going to quote it because I'm lazy, but the posting(s) about Bell as a WR maybe kinda sorta could be true if it wasn't about Leveon Bell. Why?

1. Unique talent
2. He spent large portions of the off-season and his suspension running routes and practicing the WR position.

So so once again, can we actually talk about facts and logic? Apparently my suggestion about Bell at slot or some variation started this ruckus...my bad. :chuckle: But yeah the reason I suggested it is exactly what you've posted here. He can play that position. Several coaches and players have said that he could be a productive wr in this league.

st33lersguy
12-23-2016, 11:24 AM
Even though the steelers are equipped to handle the ravens front, it still scares me, they are good

The bell ringer
12-23-2016, 11:26 AM
All I said is that placing Bell outside at WR is ridiculous, and it is. In the slot is vastly different. Nobody loves Bell more then me. I just want him to be the factor that I know he can. And sometimes the way they use him, especially against Baltimore is not the best way. Baltimore is an attacking defense. And when Bell gets the ball, and waits and waits behind his OL waiting, usually doesn't work well against Baltimore. I would like to see him more on motion plays and sweeps, and as a short area Receiver just past the LOS.

Mojouw
12-23-2016, 11:49 AM
All I said is that placing Bell outside at WR is ridiculous, and it is. In the slot is vastly different. Nobody loves Bell more then me. I just want him to be the factor that I know he can. And sometimes the way they use him, especially against Baltimore is not the best way. Baltimore is an attacking defense. And when Bell gets the ball, and waits and waits behind his OL waiting, usually doesn't work well against Baltimore. I would like to see him more on motion plays and sweeps, and as a short area Receiver just past the LOS.

If he wanted to or was used that way Bell could be a starting WR.

The bell ringer
12-23-2016, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=Mojouw;570447]If he wanted to or was used that way Bell could be a starting WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT

Maybe. But you could probably say that about 50 % of the league players.

Mojouw
12-23-2016, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=Mojouw;570447]If he wanted to or was used that way Bell could be a starting WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT

Maybe. But you could probably say that about 50 % of the league players.

So what is you're argument again then? Not trying to be an ass but if your willing to concede that Bell could be a starting NFL wide out (I figure he could be Pryor good rather quickly) then what have like the last dozen posts in this thread even been about?

SteelMayhem72
12-23-2016, 12:01 PM
i like when bell is lined up everywhere not just a couple areas...defenses have to account for him so spreading him out has always been the best option

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

quistors
12-23-2016, 12:05 PM
Getting D will back has opened up a lot of options for this offense. Including bell at slot now he can catch some of those underneath screens and or on 3 and 4 or 3 and 3 he can catch some of those crossing routes. Yeah he's better fit for the running back position as of right now but he's a one of a kind so many things you can do with him. Split him out and they still have to respect him as a wr and dwill as a runner.

The bell ringer
12-23-2016, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=The bell ringer;570448]

So what is you're argument again then? Not trying to be an ass but if your willing to concede that Bell could be a starting NFL wide out (I figure he could be Pryor good rather quickly) then what have like the last dozen posts in this thread even been about?

He could, if he wanted to abandon his RB role. But my point is as a RB...Which he is right now, it would be Insane to put him out wide against Baltimore when he has never played the WR position, or knows their Individual roles. I mean just because he can catch the ball, that has very little to do with being a WR. Yes that sounds funny, but it is true. Just like there is more to being a RB then just taking the ball from the QB and running. If it were that easy, a lot of players would do it.

tube517
12-23-2016, 12:55 PM
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/12/21/steelers-ravens-rivalry-oral-history

Very good article on the rivalry.

- - - Updated - - -

The bell ringer
12-23-2016, 12:57 PM
A big part of getting ready to play a team is looking at a Individuals game film, to see what tendencies he has. Well with that, if and I say IF undrafted rookie DL Johnny Maxey does have to start for us at DE...Could he be a X-factor ? Seeing as how Baltimore will have zero film on him, or know how explosive he is, or how he uses his hands, ect ? Is that a possibility maybe ?

Rotorhead
12-23-2016, 01:47 PM
I doubt it, more likely he will be used to spell others in a limited role. We will need the 3 healthy ones to have a top level game. I imagine they will do some things like last week, moving Dupree and JH to the line sometimes to help, maybe we will see JJ next to JH. I am more hopeful for a good outing by McCullers honestly. I am not so worried about the Rats offense as I am about our offense. If we have the moronic gameplan we had last time (run bell up the middle all game for nothing) we deserve to lose. We will need Hamilton and Rogers to have a solid game as I think they will have more opportunities than AB (at least in the first half). Our gameplan should be short to med passes to Rogers, Hamilton and the 2 TE's, Bell out of the backfield and DWill mainly running in the first half. That should get us a lead and require Baltimore to adjust which should open up AB and Bell to be used like normal. Basically make them the decoys in the first half and after the adjustments, use them to drive the final nails in the coffin.

12-23-2016, 02:14 PM
There's been some real nice additions to the board lately If you mean me that's fine but have the balls to say so.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly think this is ONE GUY arguing with himself on each and every thread under 2 different names. This goof ball has nothing to do with me and I was the only one that stood up to him while posters like you was supporting him. Told you he was a idiot!

tube517
12-23-2016, 02:15 PM
http://www.steelers.com/news/injuryreport/article-1/Week-16-Injury-Report-Ravens/df2d77f6-25c2-4709-affb-7f02fe5670dc

OUT
S Shamarko Thomas (Concussion)

DOUBTFUL
WR Sammie Coates (Hamstring)
TE Ladarius Green (Concussion)

QUESTIONABLE
LB Anthony Chickillo (Ankle)
WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (Foot)
DE Ricardo Mathews (Ankle)
DE Stephon Tuitt (Knee)

Jimmy Smith ruled OUT for Sunday's game per Adam Schefter

Shoes
12-23-2016, 02:17 PM
http://www.steelers.com/news/injuryreport/article-1/Week-16-Injury-Report-Ravens/df2d77f6-25c2-4709-affb-7f02fe5670dc

OUT

DOUBTFUL

QUESTIONABLE
DE Stephon Tuitt (Knee)

Jimmy Smith ruled OUT for Sunday's game

Sham Thomas out....I'm shocked!

The bell ringer
12-23-2016, 02:20 PM

OUT

DOUBTFUL

QUESTIONABLE
DE Stephon Tuitt (Knee)

Jimmy Smith ruled OUT for Sunday's game per Adam Schefter

Well the last time Jimmy Smith was out against us with a healthy Ben, Ben threw for 6 TD's. The bad news is that 4 of those TD catches were made my Martavis Bryant, Wheaton, and Heath Miller :-( So hopefully some guys can replace those catches.

12-23-2016, 02:21 PM
A couple of years ago, over at SF, a poster named Lloydwoodson did exactly that.

It was entertaining. And, poignant (because, he was extremely argumentative... even with himself :lol: ). Sadly seen that in other forums non Steeler related and there are people that crazy. It's kinda funny when you figure it out but kinda sad for them as well.

12-23-2016, 02:34 PM
Anyhow back on topic and because it is a home game and everything is on the line. You will get competitive Ben and this will be the reason we win. Oh and also nothing against the Ravens but Pitt is the more talented team!

12-23-2016, 02:39 PM
Sadly seen that in other forums non Steeler related and there are people that crazy. It's kinda funny when you figure it out but kinda sad for them as well. Oh and that poster reminded me of another you guys banned a month or so back but forget what his nic was.

Psycho Ward 86
12-24-2016, 02:09 AM
Green/Coates/possibly Tuitt not playing is much bigger than Jimmy Smith not playing.

If our other receiver cant take advantage of Smith being out though, then we dont even deserve the postseason

Craic
12-24-2016, 02:19 AM
Green/Coates/possibly Tuitt not playing is much bigger than Jimmy Smith not playing.

If our other receiver cant take advantage of Smith being out though, then we dont even deserve the postseason

Just kills me that Green is out again. Can't blame the guy for being in concussion protocol, but just when he was starting to make an impact on the game for the offense . . .

teegre
12-24-2016, 08:18 AM

I agree to an extent... Tuitt being out hurts (no matter how we try to spin it). But, Coates has only been a decoy (1/17 in targets) and the offense has been without Green long enough to be fine (although he was the catalyst that could have made this offense unstoppable).

Jimmy Smith is Baltimore's only decent secondary player. Him being out puts Matt Elam on the field... who gives up big play after big play. More directly, Smith would have been able to eliminate a #2 receiver (I figure that they'll bracket AB with Tavon Young & Eric Weddle). But, Shareece Wright is two tiers down from Smith. Ergo, Eli Rogers should have a decent game.

And, none of them can cover Bell.

As you said, the road to the post season is through Baltimore's secondary.

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 10:22 AM
Green and Coats may not catch a lot of balls, or have a lot of throws sent their way, but as decoys they are valuable. I mean the defense has to at least respect them, and cover them when they go on Fly patterns. Without them, even without Jimmy Smith, Baltimore does not have to spread their defense out as much, and can keep more players close to the LOS. That will help contain Bell, and Antonio. Pittsburgh will have to find a way to get Bell free in the short area on flair passes and screens. Cause running right out of the backfield, I doubt he will be very productive.

Method28
12-24-2016, 11:58 AM
Just curious here....Let's say Pitt is unable to win this game.

Who should we be cheering against this and next weekend? Obviously the Dolphins would need to lose out to leap frog them, but what about the others?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 12:06 PM
Just curious here....Let's say Pitt is unable to win this game.

Who should we be cheering against this and next weekend? Obviously the Dolphins would need to lose out to leap frog them, but what about the others?

If we lose Sunday, then we have to hope that Cincy beats Baltimore next week, and we win the division....Oh that is providing we win next Sunday against Cleveland.

Method28
12-24-2016, 12:22 PM
If we lose Sunday, then we have to hope that Cincy beats Baltimore next week, and we win the division....Oh that is providing we win next Sunday against Cleveland.
In order to get a WC spot, what needs to happen? Dolphins lose out and we win in Clev? I wonder if Tenn or Houston (whichever doesnt win the division) would have to lose one as well

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 12:29 PM
In order to get a WC spot, what needs to happen? Dolphins lose out and we win in Clev? I wonder if Tenn or Houston (whichever doesnt win the division) would have to lose one as well

It's Impossible for us to get a WC spot, only to win the division.

- - - Updated - - -

Well not exactly, if we lose to Ravens and win the Browns game, we will be 10-6. But that means that either the Dolphins have to lose both their games, cause they beat us in the head to head. Or we need the Chiefs to lose out. Cause at a 10-6 record, they lose the head to head with us. But neither Miami or KC will likely lose their final 2 games.

st33lersguy
12-24-2016, 12:36 PM
If Denver wins out and Miami loses one game then they are in as long as they beat Cleveland

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 12:47 PM
If Denver wins out and Miami loses one game then they are in as long as they beat Cleveland

And the odds are better that Landry Jones wins the starting QB next year over Ben too.

Method28
12-24-2016, 12:50 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Well not exactly, if we lose to Ravens and win the Browns game, we will be 10-6. But that means that either the Dolphins have to lose both their games, cause they beat us in the head to head. Or we need the Chiefs to lose out. Cause at a 10-6 record, they lose the head to head with us. But neither Miami or KC will likely lose their final 2 games.
Well if Buffalo can get their head outta their ***** it could happen. Phins play the Patsies next week.

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 12:52 PM
Well if Buffalo can get their head outta their ***** it could happen. Phins play the Patsies next week.

Yeah...that won't happen. I am more worried about the Colts winning today, and KC some how losing 1 of their 2 games, That way we can get the 2nd bye.

SteelerFanInStl
12-24-2016, 12:59 PM

Miami is already up 14-0 on the Bills.

Method28
12-24-2016, 01:00 PM
Miami is already up 14-0 on the Bills.
Yeah but Buff seemed to get going that drive and Miami went away from their running game the last two drives. We'll see what happens.

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 01:13 PM
Yeah but Buff seemed to get going that drive and Miami went away from their running game the last two drives. We'll see what happens.

Why the F are you worried about a WC anyways ? I mean we have Baltimore in the BAG Sunday!!

Method28
12-24-2016, 01:15 PM
Why the F are you worried about a WC anyways ? I mean we have Baltimore in the BAG Sunday!!
In the bag? Idk about all that. I feel good about it, but never hurts to look at back up options. The 6 need has been good to us in the past as well.

Iron Steeler
12-24-2016, 01:18 PM
Harbaugh owns tomlin/ haley

Method28
Plus, it makes these games im watching more interesting lol

The bell ringer
In the bag? Idk about all that. I feel good about it, but never hurts to look at back up options. The 6 need has been good to us in the past as well.

Sorry sir but your logic is Idiotic. Even If we lose to Baltimore by some chance....they will lose in the last game at Cincy. So the Division is ours regardless.

Hawkman
12-24-2016, 01:24 PM
Sorry sir but your logic is Idiotic. Even If we lose to Baltimore by some chance....they will lose in the last game at Cincy. So the Division is ours regardless.

Are you ever going to knock it off with the condescending insults? Totally unnecessary!

GBMelBlount
12-24-2016, 01:33 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/kanpxbJaDNupi/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/vA5evXPactVhC/giphy.gif

https://media0.giphy.com/media/glmRyiSI3v5E4/200.gif#1

https://media2.giphy.com/media/qzIYGsxePPyP6/200w.gif#4

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 01:45 PM
Are you ever going to knock it off with the condescending insults? Totally unnecessary!

Sorry but what is condescending ? I was pointing out it is useless to try and figure out all these ways that Pittsburgh can get in with a WC spot when the Division is in our own hands. Now if you wanna speculate on the 2nd seed, that is okay with me. But to concentrate on the 6th seed is to have a negative attitude and approach about the Ravens game. And we don't need that here IMHO.

GoSlash27
12-24-2016, 01:48 PM

This is true... to some extent. The Ravens are built for the sole purpose of beating the Steelers, but the Steelers are *not* built for the sole purpose of beating the Ravens. This gives the Ravens an advantage in the long haul and that shows up in the recent series results.
But this is a single game, not the long haul. In *this* game the Steelers have the advantage. Not a huge advantage, but enough that if the Steelers lose they will have nobody to blame but themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but what is condescending ?
"Your logic is idiotic"... Kinda hard to get much more condescending than that. And besides... you really think the Ravens can't beat Cincy if they beat us?? We are a far more difficult opponent to face than the Bengals, especially given the fact that we're playing for the division while they'd just be playing spoiler.
Yeah, no. I don't agree with that at all. I think if the Ravens beat us they will kick the Bengals' asses right up between their shoulder blades.

But you know... that's just me :D

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 01:51 PM
This is true... to some extent. The Ravens are built for the sole purpose of beating the Steelers, but the Steelers are *not* built for the sole purpose of beating the Ravens. This gives the Ravens an advantage in the long haul and that shows up in the recent series results.
But this is a single game, not the long haul. In *this* game the Steelers have the advantage. Not a huge advantage, but enough that if the Steelers lose they will have nobody to blame but themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

"Your logic is idiotic"... Kinda hard to get much more condescending than that.

Really ? Sorry I didn't think it was condescending...I thought of it as more DEAD ON ACCURATE.

My Apologies.

Craic
12-24-2016, 01:53 PM
Sorry but what is condescending ? I was pointing out it is useless to try and figure out all these ways that Pittsburgh can get in with a WC spot when the Division is in our own hands. Now if you wanna speculate on the 2nd seed, that is okay with me. But to concentrate on the 6th seed is to have a negative attitude and approach about the Ravens game. And we don't need that here IMHO.
As much as I get frustrated with the negativity around here at times, it's not like it's going to affect the game. On top of which, if you look at our record against the Ravens lately and the egg we laid last week, barely beating the Bungles, there are legitimate reasons to worry. On top of which, if we lose to the Ravens, but beat the Bungles, what makes you so sure the Bungles could beat the Ravens?

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 01:57 PM
As much as I get frustrated with the negativity around here at times, it's not like it's going to affect the game. On top of which, if you look at our record against the Ravens lately and the egg we paid last week, barely beating the Bungles, there are legitimate reasons to worry. On top of which, if we lose to the Ravens, but beat the Bungles, what makes you so sure the Bungles could beat the Ravens?

Because they're the Ratbids. And because their Road record is horrible. I don't care what has happened in the past. " NOTHING is of less Importance then THAT which is Behind me " ( Fitzgerald )

I am NOT going to worry about past games like they mean ANYTHING as it goes to games that have yet to be played.

GoSlash27
12-24-2016, 01:59 PM
On top of which, if we lose to the Ravens, but beat the Bungles, what makes you so sure the Bungles could will beat the Ravens?
FTFY (it's what he said)

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 02:02 PM
Anyone watching the Titans/Jags game ? Tennessee is about to go from the playoff Penthouse to the Dog house. If they lose this game, and Houston wins at Home tonight against the Bengals...that would make what was supposed to be the game of the week next Sunday against Houston and Tennessee totally meaningless. I know there is still time, but Tennessee better get it in gear.

GoSlash27
12-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Because they're the Ratbids. And because their Road record is horrible. I don't care what has happened in the past. " NOTHING is of less Importance then THAT which is Behind me " ( Fitzgerald )

I am NOT going to worry about past games like they mean ANYTHING as it goes to games that have yet to be played.

You based your entire argument on past games and then stated that past games are irrelevant. If I did that, I wouldn't go around calling other people's logic "idiotic".

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 02:06 PM
You based your entire argument on past games and then stated that past games are irrelevant. If I did that, I wouldn't go around calling other people's logic "idiotic".

Actually that is a good point. :-)

GoSlash27
12-24-2016, 02:11 PM
Actually that is a good point. :-)

That's why I wear a Santa hat :D

Merry Christmas,
-Slashy

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 02:12 PM
For all you posters out there who are HOPING Pittsburgh losses the Division, and yet get the 6th seed ( You know who you are )..great news, Buffalo just cut the Dolphin lead to 7.

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 02:22 PM
Titans might be done. Not only are they 15 points down to the Jags, but it sure looked like M.Mariota hurt his leg bad. He got carted off. Lets hope he is not hurt too badly. But Matt Cassell to the rescue for Tennessee ?...

Crow-Magnon
12-24-2016, 02:28 PM

I have to admit, you're entertaining!

st33lersguy
12-24-2016, 02:29 PM
For all you posters out there who are HOPING Pittsburgh losses the Division, and yet get the 6th seed ( You know who you are )..great news, Buffalo just cut the Dolphin lead to 7.

Who the hell on here is rooting for Pittsburgh to lose tomorrow

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 02:31 PM
Who the hell on here is rooting for Pittsburgh to lose tomorrow

IDK. One poster said the team has had great success as the 6th seed, and obviously was hoping we get it.

Crow-Magnon
12-24-2016, 02:32 PM

- - - Updated - - -

"Your logic is idiotic"... Kinda hard to get much more condescending than that. And besides... you really think the Ravens can't beat Cincy if they beat us?? We are a far more difficult opponent to face than the Bengals, especially given the fact that we're playing for the division while they'd just be playing spoiler.
Yeah, no. I don't agree with that at all. I think if the Ravens beat us they will kick the Bengals' asses right up between their shoulder blades.

But you know... that's just me :D

I would not say the Ravens are "built" totally to defeat the Steelers, but let's be realistic. Except for the past few seasons where the Bengals have outplayed both Pittsburgh and Baltimore, over the long haul the main impediment to a AFCN title has beating the Steelers. So it makes logical sense to beat your rival once, and hopefully, twice. It normally comes down to that. Like tomorrow!

st33lersguy
12-24-2016, 02:44 PM
IDK. One poster said the team has had great success as the 6th seed, and obviously was hoping we get it.

And the quote below translates to "obviously" hoping we'd get it how?

- - - Updated - - -

Plus I would hardly consider this game in the bag. Tomlin has lost to teams a lot worse than this Baltimore team, at home too. Likewise Harbaugh's ratbirds have done well as underdogs before as well.

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 02:47 PM
And the quote below translates to "obviously" hoping we'd get it how?

It is kinda assuming that he thinks a loss is likely to happen. There for, what needs to happen for us to get the last WC spot. That is how I see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Jason Myers has missed TWO Extra points today for the Jags...but has made a 50Yd FG and a 55Yd FG with great ease. The 55 yarder was good even if it were 65 yards. Go figure. Anyways, it looks as if the Titans season just went into the Tank.

st33lersguy
12-24-2016, 02:50 PM
It is kinda assuming that he thinks a loss is likely to happen. There for, what needs to happen for us to get the last WC spot. That is how I see it.

"I feel good about it, but never hurts to look at backup options"

He says right in the quote that he feels good about the team's chances, he just would like to have a backup plan in place because unlike you he is not blindly assuming the Steelers are going to win against a division rival that is 8-6

GoSlash27
12-24-2016, 02:56 PM
I would not say the Ravens are "built" totally to defeat the Steelers, but let's be realistic. Except for the past few seasons where the Bengals have outplayed both Pittsburgh and Baltimore, over the long haul the main impediment to a AFCN title has beating the Steelers. So it makes logical sense to beat your rival once, and hopefully, twice. It normally comes down to that. Like tomorrow!

That's been the Ravens' thinking as well, and why they are built the way they are. The Steelers are simply built to play the best they can with what they have. No special regard for the Ravens specifically, but with the standard stuff that's required in the AFCN.
This gives an edge to the Ravens overall in the series. But as I said, it does not give them an advantage in individual games. Personnel and home field advantage count for more.

Nobody knows for certain who will win tomorrow, but the Steelers have the advantage and the betting line reflects this. The Ravens are 6 point underdogs. The Steelers are 5-0 against the spread while the Ravens are 0-5.

Best,
-Slashy

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 02:57 PM
Buffalo just took the lead...31-28 on a 4th & goal from the 7..Wow! Well that ought to make SOME here Happy as Hell. :-)

GoSlash27
12-24-2016, 03:04 PM
"I feel good about it, but never hurts to look at backup options"

He says right in the quote that he feels good about the team's chances, he just would like to have a backup plan in place because unlike you he is not blindly assuming the Steelers are going to win against a division rival that is 8-6

I'd say it's a moot point. Even if we lose tomorrow, our only realistic path into the playoffs is still the division. And even if we could somehow limp into the #6 seed, we'd just be going to Baltimore anyway.
I say forget about wildcards. Tomorrow is do or die.

- - - Updated - - -

Buffalo just took the lead...31-28 on a 4th & goal from the 7..Wow! Well that ought to make SOME here Happy as Hell. :-)

Goin' to OT

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 03:05 PM
Miami just tied it with a FG with 7 seconds left :-) What a game. Come on Miami!!!

st33lersguy
12-24-2016, 03:12 PM
I'd say it's a moot point. Even if we lose tomorrow, our only realistic path into the playoffs is still the division. And even if we could somehow limp into the #6 seed, we'd just be going to Baltimore anyway.
I say forget about wildcards. Tomorrow is do or die.

- - - Updated - - -

Goin' to OT

You make a good point, but there is also a point in rooting for a backup plan if they don't get the division. My main argument is arguing against a poster twisting others words and claiming people were hoping the steelers would lose when that was an obvious falsehood

GoSlash27
12-24-2016, 03:19 PM
Buffalo's driving hard.
At MIA 31

- - - Updated - - -

1st and 10 at the 18

- - - Updated - - -

Missed the FG

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 03:20 PM
YES Virgina, there IS a " Santa Clause ".......

CLEVELAND WINS!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Buffalo's driving hard.
At MIA 31

- - - Updated - - -

1st and 10 at the 18

- - - Updated - - -

Missed the FG

Buffalo with the SHANK!! Too bad :-(

GoSlash27
12-24-2016, 03:25 PM
MIA punt on a stalled drive. Buffalo takes over at the 4.

GoSlash27
12-24-2016, 03:31 PM
buffalo stalled at near mid field

- - - Updated - - -

Miami takes over at their 20

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 03:32 PM
Buffalo's Dead last Run Defense is about to do them in...as usual.

GoSlash27
12-24-2016, 03:40 PM
Miami's in FG range

- - - Updated - - -

Miami 1st and goal at the 7. Looks dire...

- - - Updated - - -

That's game. Miami 34-31

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 03:40 PM
Dolphins win. Too bad guys :-) Buffalo allowing another 200Yd Rusher today as well.

st33lersguy
12-24-2016, 03:43 PM
With Miami's win, Baltimore would be eliminated from playoff contention with a loss tomorrow. A loss for Pittsburgh tomorrow would put their playoff hopes in serious jeopordy

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 03:45 PM
With Miami's win, Baltimore would be eliminated from playoff contention with a loss tomorrow. A loss for Pittsburgh tomorrow would put their playoff hopes in serious jeopordy

Ain't no thing but a Fried Chicken Wing Baby! We got tomorrow in the bag. 100 % Guaranteed!!

GoSlash27
12-24-2016, 03:49 PM
You make a good point, but there is also a point in rooting for a backup plan if they don't get the division. My main argument is arguing against a poster twisting others words and claiming people were hoping the steelers would lose when that was an obvious falsehood

Hoping for more options to get the Steelers into the playoffs is the *opposite* of hoping to lose. :alcohol:
But alas, it appears that the only way out is forward. If we lose this game and go shopping for a wildcard spot, Miami beats us on the tie breaker.
The #6 spot isn't 100% locked up, but if it goes to someone other than the Dolphins it won't be us. It's the division seed or bust.

Crow-Magnon
12-24-2016, 03:50 PM
Ain't no thing but a Fried Chicken Wing Baby! We got tomorrow in the bag. 100 % Guaranteed!!

I hope to return to this post tomorrow!

GoSlash27
12-24-2016, 03:54 PM
You yinzers who will be in the stadium had better bring the ruckus tomorrow. The Steelers will need you to be loud. Flacco sucks on silent counts.

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 03:56 PM
I hope to return to this post tomorrow!

You will. Only with your tail tucked between your broken " Wing " :-)

Crow-Magnon
12-24-2016, 04:06 PM
You will. Only with your tail tucked between your broken " Wing " :-)

You can ask anyone who has been on this board awhile- I always return, win or lose. If the Ravens win, I don't gloat.
If they lose, I don't make excuses. That you can bank on. I hope, depending on the circumstances, I can expect the same in return.

Fair enough?

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 04:09 PM
You can ask anyone who has been on this board awhile- I always return, win or lose. If the Ravens win, I don't gloat.
If they lose, I don't make excuses. That you can bank on. I hope, depending on the circumstances, I can expect the same in return.

Fair enough?

More then fair. And it's no crime for a fan to be confident in their team. And IF some how the Ravens do win...Gloat away. It is your American Right!! :usa2:

Method28
12-24-2016, 04:12 PM
Yeah i, in no way was HOPING for Pitt to get the 6 seed 😂😂😂

I think we're a dangerous team and just wanna get in. Id rather we get the highest seed possible, but if we DO some how, lose to the Ravens then id rather make the 6 seed than missing the playoffs all together.

Method28
12-24-2016, 04:13 PM
Looking for a big game from Eli Rogers tmrw with Green and Coates out. Jimmy Smith missing the gamenis huge. Hoping Ben takes the check downs to Bell instead of forcing the ball and we should be just fine.

43Hitman
12-24-2016, 04:27 PM

Fair enough?We treat you with class because you've always conducted yourself with class on our boards. I think I can speak for the majority of the board when I say that we have a lot of respect for you Crow. :drink: Good luck tomorrow, but not too much.

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 04:42 PM
Well right now it is looking like Oakland will win today. That would remove any chance of us getting the 2nd seed. Which means if we win tomorrow, that the Cleveland game won't matter at all to us. We will have the 3rd seed regardless. So, if that happens, do we rest most everyone against Cleveland ? Or do we play most of the starters to keep sharp, and maybe continue the win streak ?

GoSlash27
12-24-2016, 05:26 PM
If it's me, I'd rest the starters and treat it as a mini "bye".
But the Steelers organization doesn't agree with that approach. They believe they owe it to the fans to try to win every game, even the "meaningless" ones.

For now... I'm worried about the Ravens enough to not think past it.

Crow,

If they lose, I don't make excuses. That you can bank on.
We always love having you around. Our dislike of the Ravens doesn't extend to you personally. You're always classy and knowledgeable. Plus... you've probably been a member of this forum longer than most of the Steeler fans here.
Merry Christmas to you! Here's to no injuries and clean officiating tomorrow. Good luck to you and yours in the coming year. :drink: But you know... I have to be a grinch about extending that good luck to your team. I think we'll need to keep it on our side :D
-Slashy

pczach
12-24-2016, 05:40 PM
Derek Carr just went out with a bad looking leg injury. It looks like it could be very serious. That sucks for the Raiders.

Edman
12-24-2016, 05:43 PM
Derek Carr just got his ankle fried.

Oakland is going into the playoffs on a broken wheel, I can relate all too well to this as a Steelers fan. Ankles will take some time, and Carr won't even be 100% when he comes back.

The Raiders are in trouble.

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 05:44 PM
Derrick Carr just went out with a bad looking leg injury. It looks like it could be very serious. That sucks for the Raiders.

Lets hope he is okay. But that could be huge. It looked like he was in good spirts leaving, so maybe that is a good sign.

Crow-Magnon
12-24-2016, 05:45 PM
43 & Slash, thanks for the kind words. I've been here six years and forgot how many on the "other" site before that. Time flies.

If fans from both cities are honest, they have to admit that in many ways, both the cities and teams are quite a bit alike. Both cities were bastions of blue-collar, hard-working folk who loved football. Many of you younger fans have no recollection of the Baltimore Colts, but that fan base was as rabid as anyone's. And both teams value a hard-hitting defense, a strong running attack (hear that, Morninhweg?) and outdoor football in fall and winter.

It's easy to hate what's close to what you love. Without the BS of trash talk, both teams have respect for how the other plays and how their teams are run. It's what makes this rivalry the best in the game.

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 05:47 PM
Derek Carr just got his ankle fried.

Oakland is going into the playoffs on a broken wheel, I can relate all too well to this as a Steelers fan. Ankles will take some time, and Carr won't even be 100% when he comes back.

The Raiders are in trouble.

How do you know they're in trouble ? Are you the Doctor in the Oakland Locker room diagnosing Carr ?

GoSlash27
12-24-2016, 06:16 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000763019/article/derek-carr-suffers-apparent-right-leg-injury-in-win

It's bad.

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 06:20 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000763019/article/derek-carr-suffers-apparent-right-leg-injury-in-win

It's bad.

Man, this has been Crazy this weekend huh ? Here is another one......

Sporting News @sportingnews (http://twitter.com/MercPurdy)
Seahawks receiver Tyler Lockett suffered a gruesome leg injury today. (WARNING: Very graphic video.)… https://t.co/L2VfATy7sr

Makes me worry for our own players tomorrow.

GoSlash27
12-24-2016, 07:15 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000763019/article/derek-carr-suffers-broken-fibula-in-win-out-indefinitely

It's official. Derek Carr's leg is broken and he's out for the rest of the season.

pczach
12-24-2016, 07:57 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000763019/article/derek-carr-suffers-broken-fibula-in-win-out-indefinitely

It's official. Derek Carr's leg is broken and he's out for the rest of the season.

Yeah, what a shame. The franchise has been down for years, and then this happens when they're ready to go into the playoffs.

I'm no Raiders fan, but I like Carr and you don't want to see that happen to anyone. As Steelers fans we've seen our own team have devastating injuries going into the playoffs and it sucks

teegre
12-24-2016, 10:06 PM

Oct 2013: home team wins by 3
Nov 2013: home team wins by 2 (Sanders drops 2-point conversion)

Craic
12-24-2016, 11:03 PM
Yeah, what a shame. The franchise has been down for years, and then this happens when they're ready to go into the playoffs.

I'm no Raiders fan, but I like Carr and you don't want to see that happen to anyone. As Steelers fans we've seen our own team have devastating injuries going into the playoffs and it sucks

While I never wish injury on anyone, I have to admit that as a Steelers fan, it peeks my interest. Why? If Oakland retains first place, and the Steelers win their division and the wilcard weekend of games, guess who we play in the second round?

Psycho Ward 86
12-24-2016, 11:27 PM

Oct 2013: home team wins by 3
Nov 2013: home team wins by 2 (Sanders drops 2-point conversion)

Yes really. Some of those ravens teams that beat us simply werent as talented as us. Like that damn game where Ryan Mallett hammered us on 1-2 weeks notice of being signed.

We shouldnt have had to have ALL 3 of the Killer B's to beat the ravens. Talk about overkill. That just speaks to how underachieving we are offensively

Renegade
12-24-2016, 11:31 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas as it is past midnight here on the east coast. I also want to thank the managers and the community of this board. Living close to baltimore, makes sports almost unbearable. Coming to this board makes everything so much better.

about the game: This is the kind of game that if the steelers win, there will be no way for the ravens to ever get revenge. if pittsburgh wins, on Christmas day, at heinz field, new uniforms, for the afc north championship and eliminates baltimore from playoff contention, this would sting so much. Especially looking back historically, the ravens would have lost (again assuming tomorrow goes right) 2 other afc north titles IN BALTIMORE (2008 and 2010), 3 times in the playoffs to the steelers. 2 of those 3 times the steelers went to the superbowl including one year that had a 3 game sweep of the birds into a a superbowl title (2008). also, snapping the 15 game home win streak of the ravens with charlie batch. all the ravens would have to look back on is a TD pass to torry smith and a WC round victory. this game is really, really, big. But, i do not feel good about it.

Hawkman
12-24-2016, 11:48 PM
43 & Slash, thanks for the kind words. I've been here six years and forgot how many on the "other" site before that. Time flies.

If fans from both cities are honest, they have to admit that in many ways, both the cities and teams are quite a bit alike. Both cities were bastions of blue-collar, hard-working folk who loved football. Many of you younger fans have no recollection of the Baltimore Colts, but that fan base was as rabid as anyone's. And both teams value a hard-hitting defense, a strong running attack (hear that, Morninhweg?) and outdoor football in fall and winter.

It's easy to hate what's close to what you love. Without the BS of trash talk, both teams have respect for how the other plays and how their teams are run. It's what makes this rivalry the best in the game.

So true! Just spent Christmas Eve with one of my best friends from college, who just happened to grow up in Baltimore, was a Colts fan and then a die hard Ravens fan, (has four season tickets to all games and invites me to every Steelers game). Best of friends until 4:00, then mortal enemies for three hours......then best of friends. Been this way since 2000. He still believes Ward was dirty, and I still believe Lewis was a murderer. Go Steelers!!

The bell ringer
12-24-2016, 11:52 PM
While I never wish injury on anyone, I have to admit that as a Steelers fan, it peeks my interest. Why? If Oakland retains first place, and the Steelers win their division and the wilcard weekend of games, guess who we play in the second round?

Oakland is still a dangerous team for us. Even without Carr, they still have some hard charging RB's, and they can catch out of the backfield too. And some, maybe the best WR core in the league. Not to mention the best pass protecting O-Line in the league. And their back-up McGloin...he is no stranger to Pennsylvania weather either.

fansince'76
12-25-2016, 12:00 AM

Welp, guess that settles it...they shouldn't even bother to suit up tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Hawkman
12-25-2016, 12:12 AM
Welp, guess that settles it...they shouldn't even bother to suit up tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Glad I can sit down to Christmas dinner and not have to worry about it.:iagree::chuckle:

teegre
12-25-2016, 01:44 AM
Yes really. Some of those ravens teams that beat us simply werent as talented as us. Like that damn game where Ryan Mallett hammered us on 1-2 weeks notice of being signed.

We shouldnt have had to have ALL 3 of the Killer B's to beat the ravens. Talk about overkill. That just speaks to how underachieving we are offensively

This is the type of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type of rhetoric that Tomlin has to face.

If the Steelers win, Tomlin gets no credit, because Harbaugh has less talented players.

If the Steelers lose, Tomlin gets all of the blame, because Harbaugh out-coached him.

Renegade
12-25-2016, 02:54 AM
I absolutely love how many times teegre has had to repost a rather accurate post about the steelers stars against the ravens. what is it? 6 times reposted? lol

tube517
12-25-2016, 03:22 AM

Good I can test my (er my son's) new gift. :chuckle:

(Yeah, right. I am ready for this game!)

pczach
12-25-2016, 07:34 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas as it is past midnight here on the east coast. I also want to thank the managers and the community of this board. Living close to baltimore, makes sports almost unbearable. Coming to this board makes everything so much better.

about the game: This is the kind of game that if the steelers win, there will be no way for the ravens to ever get revenge. if pittsburgh wins, on Christmas day, at heinz field, new uniforms, for the afc north championship and eliminates baltimore from playoff contention, this would sting so much. Especially looking back historically, the ravens would have lost (again assuming tomorrow goes right) 2 other afc north titles IN BALTIMORE (2008 and 2010), 3 times in the playoffs to the steelers. 2 of those 3 times the steelers went to the superbowl including one year that had a 3 game sweep of the birds into a a superbowl title (2008). also, snapping the 15 game home win streak of the ravens with charlie batch. all the ravens would have to look back on is a TD pass to torry smith and a WC round victory. this game is really, really, big. But, i do not feel good about it.

Merry Christmas my friend.

It's nice to come here to escape life and talk football with our cyber friends.

Keep your head up about the game. The Ravens have gotten the better of the Steelers the last few years, but Big Ben, Bell, and AB are all playing and healthy. This is the spot in the biggest games where the Steelers tend to take the Ravens' milk money and pull out a win.

I expect a tough game, but I just feel the Steelers will find a way to win this game at home.

st33lersguy
12-25-2016, 07:59 AM
Really hoping for a win, but this win is certainly not a given, no game in the nfl ever is

The bell ringer
12-25-2016, 08:41 AM
Really hoping for a win, but this win is certainly not a given, no game in the nfl ever is

100 % true sir. And if some of the outcomes yesterday don't open our players eyes for today...nothing ever will.

Lets get em Fans!! Here we go Steelers...Here we go!!! Oh, and everyone have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Stay warm, and be safe!!!

ALLD
12-25-2016, 08:49 AM
Steelers will win decisively. Tomlin does well when the games are nationally televised. I am sure he mentions how the team does not want to embarrass itself on national tv.

Crow-Magnon
12-25-2016, 09:17 AM
I've heard chatter on here before on Steelers success on 1:00 vs 4:00 games. I've never researched that. Is there a pattern, or just hooey?

tube517
12-25-2016, 09:20 AM
I've heard chatter on here before on Steelers success on 1:00 vs 4:00 games. I've never researched that. Is there a pattern, or just hooey?

They lost to Philly and the Crygirls this year. Both 4:25 games.

They beat the Giants and that was a 4:25 game. We'll see what happens today.

GoSlash27
12-25-2016, 10:02 AM
Steelers will win decisively. Tomlin does well when the games are nationally televised. I am sure he mentions how the team does not want to embarrass itself on national tv.

I don't know that NFLN counts as "nationally televised".

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know that NFLN counts as "nationally televised".

Shoes
12-25-2016, 11:10 AM
They lost to Philly and the Crygirls this year. Both 4:25 games.

They beat the Giants and that was a 4:25 game. We'll see what happens today.

They will even that out with a big win today!

tube517
12-25-2016, 11:17 AM
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Maxey-and-Shabazz-promoted-to-active-roster/3b4fbe84-ede0-4801-8f07-6d21154199b6

To make room for Maxey and Shabazz on the active roster, the Steelers placed safety Shamarko Thomas on the team’s Reserve/Injured List and released running back Daryl Richardson.

Shoes
12-25-2016, 12:18 PM
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Maxey-and-Shabazz-promoted-to-active-roster/3b4fbe84-ede0-4801-8f07-6d21154199b6

Its time to send Sham Thomas down the river. This guy only plays ST and is injured multiple games every year.

quistors
12-25-2016, 05:36 PM
I'm tired of Big Ben ready to just restart fresh with some new blood. Tired of getting let down in the big games

86WARD
12-25-2016, 05:50 PM
Tired of winning as well?

quistors
12-25-2016, 05:58 PM
Tired of winning as well?

I was just mainly talking out of frustration I love Ben but boy has he been disappointing majority of this game

GoSlash27
12-25-2016, 06:28 PM
Absolutely sloppy.

Too many penalties, 2 turnovers. I'm thankful for the win, but we must do better than that in the playoffs.

ALLD
12-25-2016, 06:32 PM
AFC Central Champs!

quistors
12-25-2016, 06:33 PM
AFC Central Champs!

Okay dinosaur [emoji23][emoji23]

Shoes
12-25-2016, 06:35 PM
YES!

ALLD
12-25-2016, 06:35 PM
Ravens can suck it. They have more class than the Bengals, that's for sure.

GoSlash27
12-25-2016, 06:36 PM
Crow,
Your boys played some awesome football! They played like they really wanted it. I think your arrow's pointed up next year.

BlackAndGold
So glad Ben proved me wrong, thought he cost us.

ALLD
Okay dinosaur [emoji23][emoji23]

Hey, my birthday was Thursday and are you saying I'm old?

SteelerFanInStl
12-25-2016, 06:37 PM
I'm tired of Big Ben ready to just restart fresh with some new blood. Tired of getting let down in the big games

Without Ben, we wouldn't even have a prayer of making the playoffs.

86WARD
Absolutely sloppy.

Too many penalties, 2 turnovers. I'm thankful for the win, but we must do better than that in the playoffs.

This.

ALLD
Crow,
Your boys played some awesome football! They played like they really wanted it. I think your arrow's pointed up next year.

I think the Ravens are a classy team. The Bengals are the scumbags of the AFC now.

SteelerFanInStl
12-25-2016, 06:39 PM
I think the Ravens are a classy team. The Bengals are the scumbags of the AFC now.

Very true. The Ravens are a great rival. The Bengals are just thugs.

quistors
12-25-2016, 06:40 PM
Without Ben, we wouldn't even have a prayer of making the playoffs.

Trust me I know.

Craic
12-25-2016, 06:41 PM
Absolutely sloppy.

Naa. If we were playing any other team, I'd agree. But this is the Ravens. It's par for the course in these games.

tube517
12-25-2016, 06:47 PM
SLoppy tackling and penalties obviously made by the defense. 3rd string DL out there.

Give credit to these 5th and 6th string WRs and backup TEs by committee as they each chipped in with some timely catches.

The OL gave Ben some serious time and opened holes for Bell.

Psycho Ward 86
12-25-2016, 06:56 PM
yeah im really discouraged by the lazy picks Ben threw, but also really encouraged that we saw clutch Ben for the first time in a long time. 20 points in the 4th quarter. Thats vintage Ben

GoSlash27
12-25-2016, 07:02 PM
Naa. If we were playing any other team, I'd agree. But this is the Ravens. It's par for the course in these games.

All due respect (and I have crazy respect for you), but I disagree. The Ravens didn't force any of that. That was all miscues and mistakes on our part. Some of it was just awful calls from the refs, but none of that had anything to do with the Ravens.
Writing it off to "typical Steelers Ravens" is a cop out. We *must* play better than this if we hope to get anywhere in the playoffs. We'll be playing better competition on the road.
Mad but relieved...

st33lersguy
12-25-2016, 07:23 PM
They have now eliminated the Bengals and Rats in back-to-back weeks coming back from double digits each time, (and this time they didn't even need a Ravens player to stomp on the towel)

st33lersguy
12-25-2016, 07:34 PM
Also nice makeup for the Dallass disaster

st33lersguy
12-25-2016, 07:43 PM
The first time since 1992-1997 that the Steelers secured 3 straight postseason appearances.

Also the first time since 2007 the Steelers are the only AFC north team to make the postseason

Psycho Ward 86
12-25-2016, 08:18 PM
The first time since 1992-1997 that the Steelers secured 3 straight postseason appearances.

Also the first time since 2007 the Steelers are the only AFC north team to make the postseason

wow that really surprises me

tube517
12-25-2016, 09:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0kOnk8VIAAHJWd.jpg

The bell ringer
12-25-2016, 09:31 PM
Has anyone gone to a Ravens board yet ? See what they are saying.

quistors
12-25-2016, 09:39 PM

Actually being pretty positive about the lost no hatred. A few want a new DC OC and HC

Shoes
12-25-2016, 09:47 PM

They sound like disappointed fans, just like all fans sound when their team loses, with the exception the Bungals, Sea-pheasants & Cheat fans, which don't count.

tube517
12-25-2016, 09:52 PM

Ramon Foster is the New Rashard Mendenhall in mounting celebrations???

st33lersguy
12-25-2016, 09:57 PM
Visited their facebook page and listened to Crybaugh's press conference for posterity sake, most of those fans want him fired

Psycho Ward 86
12-25-2016, 11:04 PM
Actually being pretty positive about the lost no hatred. A few want a new DC OC and HC

New DC? Their defense has been playing pretty great considering they were missing their top corner, and moved their other top corner to the other safety spot. Not to mention Dumervil and Suggs have moved passed their prime and their young guys have stepped up. That Dline is one of the best.

And new HC? Harbaugh is a better coach than Tomlin as much as it annoys me to say it. Harbaugh would have a 2nd ring if he had Ben. At least.

SteelerFanInStl
12-25-2016, 11:08 PM
At least Ravens fans don't blame the refs when they lose. They seem to be pointing fingers at their DC though.

tube517
12-25-2016, 11:48 PM

Psycho Ward 86
12-26-2016, 12:04 AM

Thank god for Gilbert. He was one of the X factors today. I noticed how well he was doing on him but didnt realize that he dominated

fansince'76
12-26-2016, 12:45 AM
And new HC? Harbaugh is a better coach than Tomlin as much as it annoys me to say it. Harbaugh would have a 2nd ring if he had Ben. At least.

Uh, based on what, exactly? This will be the 3rd time in 4 years Baltimore will be missing the postseason. And weren't you one of the folks here recently decrying Ben's lack of "clutchness" in recent years?

Count Steeler
12-26-2016, 06:44 AM

Don't forget to consider the churn of personnel since 2008. 2010 should have been a win against GB. Tomlin 10 years, no losing season and has transitioned a SB winner into a SB contender. Ravens were 5-11 last year. Heads asplode around here when we go 8-8.

Psycho Ward 86
12-26-2016, 12:07 PM
Uh, based on what, exactly? This will be the 3rd time in 4 years Baltimore will be missing the postseason. And weren't you one of the folks here recently decrying Ben's lack of "clutchness" in recent years?

Based on the fact that he has a vastly inferior QB situation. That is everything. He had more come back opportunities early on and finished them earlier in his career no? He didnt finish them as frequently the past couple of years, am i wrong? He just came up with 2, so good on him. im hard on the team that i root for because i CARE about them, not AGAINST them. We didnt become the best franchise on the planet by having low standards

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to consider the churn of personnel since 2008. 2010 should have been a win against GB. Tomlin 10 years, no losing season and has transitioned a SB winner into a SB contender. Ravens were 5-11 last year. Heads asplode around here when we go 8-8.

2010 was part of Aaron Rodgers insurgence into becoming the best QB on the planet. and while we had the #1 scoring defense in the league, the packers werent far behind, and our passing defense still happened to be a glaring weakpoint. With an injured Polamalu on top of that, i think steeler fans just need to admit we got beat.

How good exactly do people around here think Tomlin would be if he had Flacco as a quarterback

86WARD
12-28-2016, 08:06 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YNvfZKGqePI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DesertSteel
12-28-2016, 09:02 PM
How good exactly do people around here think Tomlin would be if he had Flacco as a quarterback
I suppose if Harbaugh had Ben they'd have 4 super bowl titles by now?

Don't forget that Harbaugh was on board with giving Flacco superstar money at $20M a year.

teegre
12-28-2016, 09:49 PM
I suppose if Harbaugh had Ben they'd have 8 super bowl titles by now?

slight edit

Craic
12-28-2016, 09:59 PM
All due respect (and I have crazy respect for you), but I disagree. The Ravens didn't force any of that. That was all miscues and mistakes on our part. Some of it was just awful calls from the refs, but none of that had anything to do with the Ravens.
Writing it off to "typical Steelers Ravens" is a cop out. We *must* play better than this if we hope to get anywhere in the playoffs. We'll be playing better competition on the road.
Mad but relieved...

I agree they didn't necessary force it, but rather, those games are always like that. In truth, all I care about is coming way with a win when it comes to Ravens games. I don't care how ugly they are, I just don't take anything from them except for a W. I do agree, however, the Steelers have to play better in the coming weeks. On the other hand, they've seemed to play just a little better than every team they've played since the losing streak, so there's something to be excited about!