PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a video/gif of the play that Burfict got hurt on

SteelerFanInStl
12-18-2016, 04:52 PM
I didn't get to see the game today. I'm talking to an idiot Bengals fan on another forum who was crying about the flag that was thrown on Burfict when he threw Ben down. He said that it shouldn't have been a penalty and I laughed at him. Then he started crying about the play where Burfict got hurt and said that DeCastro should've been flagged on that play.

I'm looking for a video of the play so that I can review it. Anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, I found it. Burfict was coming in low aiming for DeCastro's knees and DeCastro simply lowered his helmet.

https://www.all22.com/pittsburgh-steelers/watch-steelers-og-david-decastro-bengals-lb-vontaze-burfict-hurt-massive-collision

teegre
12-18-2016, 04:53 PM
I don't have the videos, but:

-Burfict threw a QB to the ground after the ball was gone. That is cut & dry.

-Burfict and DeCastro collided when Burfict tried to go low on DD (Burfict chopped his knees several times). Simply, DD got lower... and Burfict got knocked out. Clean play (Dan Fouts agrees).

fansince'76
12-18-2016, 04:54 PM
I wasn't able to see the game either, but from what I read in the Gameday thread, the refs kept the Bengals in this one just like the first game against them this season.

tube517
12-18-2016, 04:55 PM
Here show this to any Bungles fan:

810610668651024389 And tell them to STFU. We Dey bitches!

fansince'76
12-18-2016, 04:56 PM

Roethlisberger usually doesn't get those calls. Maybe that's why the Bengals fan was bitching about it.

teegre
12-18-2016, 04:57 PM
Roethlisberger usually doesn't get those calls.

Exactly.

Craic
12-18-2016, 04:58 PM
I wasn't able to see the game either, but from what I read in the Gameday thread, the refs kept the Bengals in this one just like the first game against them this season.

Although the refs finally started throwing flags at the end of the game, they also took away at least two TDs by keeping the flag in their pockets (both would have been penalties in the endzone - assuming the Steelers would score from the 1 on 4 tries.

fansince'76
12-18-2016, 05:01 PM
Exactly.

"But golly gee, Ben's a big guy and it takes more to neutralize him!" - Roger Goodell (paraphrased) :jerkit:

teegre
12-18-2016, 05:04 PM
"But golly gee, Ben's a big guy and it takes more to neutralize him!" - Roger Goodell (paraphrased) :jerkit:

Yep.
"Ben is big... so, he can handle being hit in the head/late."

(Cam Newton has this same problem.)

tube517
12-18-2016, 05:05 PM

2 blatant blown face mask calls against Coates and AB. The game would have been put away earlier.

Mojouw
12-18-2016, 05:06 PM
Yep.
"Ben is big... so, he can handle being hit in the head/late."

(Cam Newton has this same problem.)

Ben, Newton, Luck, Rodgers, Wentz. All the big QB's who extend plays one way or another seem to make the refs swallow their whistle. Not sure why...

pczach
12-18-2016, 05:06 PM

Especially on those end around plays when he laterals the ball to Coates and then Coates runs about 15 yards before Burfict tackles Ben and throws him to the ground.

You have to call that every single time. It is typical Burfict cheap shit that he pulls every single game. He should not be in the league for all the dirty crap that guy has done in his career. He literally can't help himself. It's who he is.

SteelerFanInStl
12-18-2016, 05:07 PM

Not only that but then Burfict came over and head butted Ben after the flag was thrown.

Hawkman
12-18-2016, 05:16 PM
Good news, we don't have to see their dirty asses again this year.

NCSteeler
12-18-2016, 05:35 PM
Burfict also grabbed the refs arms when he was throwing a flag on Pac-Man

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

teegre
12-18-2016, 05:41 PM
Not only that but then Burfict came over and head butted Ben after the flag was thrown.

Exactly.
The look on BB's face said it all.

GBMelBlount
12-18-2016, 05:49 PM
Is this it?

https://media3.giphy.com/media/66zRaG7SQf7BC/200.gif#9

ALLD
12-18-2016, 06:33 PM
The POS needs an immediate suspension a huge fine. He isn't good for the game.

fansince'76
12-18-2016, 08:50 PM
The POS needs an immediate suspension a huge fine. He isn't good for the game.

The only thing I regret is that Decastro didn't end the dirty piece-of-shit's career today. If neither the officials or the league are going to do anything about him, and it's become abundantly clear that they aren't, then opposing players need to take matters into their own hands.

But yeah, let's flag and fine AB for another end zone dance. That's what's really important. :coffee:

Shoes
12-18-2016, 09:16 PM
8455B3A1AA1422345776234901504_56a72babb0e.43.0.A6C 4207C-DEC6-448E-AC34-69B63508270B.mp4 (https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/8455B3A1AA1422345776234901504_56a72babb0e.43.0.A6C 4207C-DEC6-448E-AC34-69B63508270B.mp4?versionId=I1kqJxh_cVHWxLxMzScO7kR IYpqV0LEi)

teegre
12-18-2016, 09:43 PM
The only thing I regret is that Decastro didn't end the dirty piece-of-shit's career today.

When Akbar Gbaja-Biamila saw the play, he was like: "What is Burfict doing!?! He could have ended his own career lowering his head like that."

Burfict thought that he was launching himself into DeCastro's knees (again), but instead, DeCastro also lowered his head (which Burfict wasn't expecting). Voila! Burfict almost created his own demise.

Iron Steeler
12-18-2016, 09:48 PM

It was sickening the amount of No calls the Bengals were getting away with.

I'll admit the penaltiea called on us were self inflicted and legit. But there were atleast 2 face masks 2 pass interferences, and ONE CLEAR AS DAY HELMET TO HELMET PENALTY THAT WAS NOT CALLED ON THE BENGALS.

st33lersguy
12-18-2016, 10:11 PM
Dre Kirkpatrick, Cinci's less famous dirty CB, got away with obvious pass interference twice including tugging on Sammie Coates facemask. Cincy's LT also grabbed Timmons facemask on a flagrant tackle when Timmons intercepted Sandy Dalton

tube517
12-18-2016, 10:40 PM
Dre Kirkpatrick, Cinci's less famous dirty CB, got away with obvious pass interference twice including tugging on Sammie Coates facemask. Cincy's LT also grabbed Timmons facemask on a flagrant tackle when Timmons intercepted Sandy Dalton

He clubbed Timmons in the facemask which was illegal.

On top of that, Timmons was clotheslined by Bengals tackle Andrew Whitworth during the return. Rule 12, Section 2, Article 12(c) states: “All players are prohibited from striking, swinging at or clubbing the head, neck or face of an opponent with the wrist(s), arm(s), elbow(s) or hand(s).”http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/12/brutal-officiating-steelers-win-bengals/

steelreserve
12-18-2016, 10:42 PM
I'll admit the penaltiea called on us were self inflicted and legit.

I would beg to differ with the pass interference in the end zone. The only reason there was any contact was because it was a horrible throw and the receiver slammed on the brakes in front of a DB running full speed. You can't blame the defender there because it's almost impossible not to make contact with a receiver who does that. A shitty play like that shouldn't be rewarded with a free touchdown. If it's technically what the rule says, then that rule needs to be dumpstered, like, immediately.

Hawkman
12-18-2016, 11:40 PM
When Akbar Gbaja-Biamila saw the play, he was like: "What is Burfict doing!?! He could have ended his own career lowering his head like that."

Burfict thought that he was launching himself into DeCastro's knees (again), but instead, DeCastro also lowered his head (which Burfict wasn't expecting). Voila! Burfict almost created his own demise.

So, do you think he was going after Decastro's knees or Bell's knees. Definitely going after one of them, and I love that Decastro recognized it and adjusted, only sorry it didn't knock Burfict completely out.

teegre
12-19-2016, 12:46 AM
So, do you think he was going after Decastro's knees or Bell's knees. Definitely going after one of them, and I love that Decastro recognized it and adjusted, only sorry it didn't knock Burfict completely out.

Burfict was definitely going after DeCastro's knees. Burfict had already done it twice (if not more).

And, Yes, DeCastro showed why LBs don't take on OGs "head-to-head" (literally).

Mach1
12-19-2016, 12:49 AM
Short video clip here
Birthdefect was definitely going for a cheap shot

https://www.facebook.com/realnflnewsandupdates/videos/1914729962081784/

SteelerFanInStl
12-19-2016, 07:47 AM

And all Kirkpatrick did after the game was cry about the officiating. Whaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Craic
12-19-2016, 06:55 PM
Ben, Newton, Luck, Rodgers, Wentz. All the big QB's who extend plays one way or another seem to make the refs swallow their whistle. Not sure why...

My guess would be, the refs believe if they blow the whistle early, they may stop the QB from making a play. How many times have we seen LBs and DBs hanging off Ben and he still flips the ball out to a RB or WR? So in general, I don't have a problem with them being slower to the whistle than with another QB. On the other hand, when you have three guys still on their feet and all driving Ben backwards while the ball is pinned to his chest, there's absolutely no reason not to blow the whistle at that time.

Burfict also grabbed the refs arms when he was throwing a flag on Pac-Man

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Did he? Wow. Didn't see that.

He clubbed Timmons in the facemask which was illegal.
I'm honestly not sure you can call that a "club," as he didn't use his arm as a club just to hit someone. Instead, he was reaching in to tackle him and the forearm met the face mask before he could slip it down to grab a hold of the jersey. Now, I'll fully admit, there's an argument to be made in today's Zero-Tolerance NFL, that call should have been made, but I just don't think it is actually what the spirit of that rule is referencing.

Mojouw
12-19-2016, 08:00 PM
My guess would be, the refs believe if they blow the whistle early, they may stop the QB from making a play. How many times have we seen LBs and DBs hanging off Ben and he still flips the ball out to a RB or WR? So in general, I don't have a problem with them being slower to the whistle than with another QB. On the other hand, when you have three guys still on their feet and all driving Ben backwards while the ball is pinned to his chest, there's absolutely no reason not to blow the whistle at that time.

Did he? Wow. Didn't see that.

I'm honestly not sure you can call that a "club," as he didn't use his arm as a club just to hit someone. Instead, he was reaching in to tackle him and the forearm met the face mask before he could slip it down to grab a hold of the jersey. Now, I'll fully admit, there's an argument to be made in today's Zero-Tolerance NFL, that call should have been made, but I just don't think it is actually what the spirit of that rule is referencing.

I agree with you on the slow whistle for Qb's in certain situations. Does anyone else remember the old "in the grasp" ruling? Used to drive bigger and/or mobile Qb's nuts. It would totally prevent guys from making plays. But you also need to stop guys from getting held up and then obliterated too. Hard line to walk for the officials.

I also had no problem on the Timmons tackle. If a Steelers player had done the same and was flagged we all would freak out. It was a pretty vicious tackle, but it is a violent game.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-19-2016, 08:27 PM
I agree with you on the slow whistle for Qb's in certain situations. Does anyone else remember the old "in the grasp" ruling? Used to drive bigger and/or mobile Qb's nuts. It would totally prevent guys from making plays. But you also need to stop guys from getting held up and then obliterated too. Hard line to walk for the officials.

I also had no problem on the Timmons tackle. If a Steelers player had done the same and was flagged we all would freak out. It was a pretty vicious tackle, but it is a violent game. I'm cool with the tackle now but live look like a full on face mask take down.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps was quite bad ass take down after seeing it on replay.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and before Timmon's got the INT I was saying to myself Pitt is taking over this game and just need a turnover to seal it.

Craic
12-20-2016, 01:51 AM
I'm cool with the tackle now but live look like a full on face mask take down.

I must have looked at it 3 or 4 times before realizing it was clean. So yeah, live, it look absolutely dirty. Replay told the tale on that one