PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's not over, but it's Ravens Week!

Crow-Magnon
12-18-2016, 04:43 PM
Well, Steelers Week to me and other Ravens fans.

I can't recall the last time the Ravens and Steelers played so late in the season with a division championship on the line. But this has all the earmarks of a classic. Steelers are 9-5 and 3-1 in the division (the loss coming to the Ravens in Baltimore). Ravens are 8-6 and 4-0 in the division. If Pittsburgh wins they will be 10-5 and Baltimore will be 8-7 and that will be that. If the Ravens leave Heinz with a W, they will be tied at 9-6 with Baltimore holding the tiebreakers. That would leave Week 17 with Baltimore at Cincinnati and Pittsburgh hosting Cleveland. So in a fashion, this game is do-or-die for the Ravens, as no one is going to have faith in a Browns win.

IMO, neither team is firing on all cylinders. But normal concerns don't often come into play when these two teams meet. And on a Christmas Day who knows what will happen!

It will be interesting!

DesertSteel
12-18-2016, 04:45 PM
Looking forward to it. Steelers have to find a way to gut one out this time. I hope Tuitt is back.

Craic
12-18-2016, 04:46 PM
I always puke a little in my mouth when when I read a post of yours . . . mainly because it's always a good, classy post and I have to show respect back. :chuckle:

Good to see ya around here. Here's hoping for a good game, and a Steelers win (of course :wink02:).

Crow-Magnon
12-18-2016, 04:55 PM
I always puke a little in my mouth when when I read a post of yours . . . mainly because it's always a good, classy post and I have to show respect back. :chuckle:

Good to see ya around here. Here's hoping for a good game, and a Steelers win (of course :wink02:).

These teams hate each other, but they also respect each other as well. As it should be. They're both winning franchises.

I'll be honest- this game concerns me. Up until last week no one ran on Baltimore's defense. Blount got on a roll last week, and today Philadelphia ran roughshod over them. They contained Bell pretty well weeks ago, but if the Ravens D line and LB's play like today, Bell may have one big day.

And if the Ravens offense played like they did against Miami, game over. But that hope disappeared the last two games. I actually was surprised they scored 27 points today rather than 17 or 19. It's been a frustrating season. Those four straight losses hurt.

If it comes down to FG's, I feel pretty darned good. Tucker is money.

Craic
12-18-2016, 05:01 PM
These teams hate each other, but they also respect each other as well. As it should be. They're both winning franchises.

I'll be honest- this game concerns me. Up until last week no one ran on Baltimore's defense. Blount got on a roll last week, and today Philadelphia ran roughshod over them. They contained Bell pretty well weeks ago, but if the Ravens D line and LB's play like today, Bell may have one big day.

And if the Ravens offense played like they did against Miami, game over. But that hope disappeared the last two games. I actually was surprised they scored 27 points today rather than 17 or 19. It's been a frustrating season. Those four straight losses hurt.

If it comes down to FG's, I feel pretty darned good. Tucker is money.

Yep, except Boswell just hit 6 of 6 today as well. All in all, I hate these games because no matter what's happened in the season, it's all out of the window come Steelers-Ravens. Regardless, I call another win by 7 or less than 7 for whatever teams wins it.

teegre
12-18-2016, 05:12 PM
I can't recall the last time the Ravens and Steelers played so late in the season with a division championship on the line. But this has all the earmarks of a classic. Steelers are 9-5 and 3-1 in the division (the loss coming to the Ravens in Baltimore). Ravens are 8-6 and 4-0 in the division. If Pittsburgh wins they will be 10-5 and Baltimore will be 8-7 and that will be that. If the Ravens leave Heinz with a W, they will be tied at 9-6 with Baltimore holding the tiebreakers. That would leave Week 17 with Baltimore at Cincinnati and Pittsburgh hosting Cleveland. So in a fashion, this game is do-or-die for the Ravens, as no one is going to have faith in a Browns win.

Good analysis/breakdown of the playoff implications.

Now... prepare to lose!!! :mad:

#bestrivalryinfootball

Crow-Magnon
12-18-2016, 05:15 PM
Yeah, Boz was on today. But I know it's tougher to kick FG's in Pittsburgh. Probably the toughest in the NFL. If it comes down to field goals, I'll take Tucker!

- - - Updated - - -

Good analysis/breakdown of the playoff implications.

Now... prepare to lose!!! :mad:

#bestrivalryinfootball

This year, I'm always prepared. I was prepared to see the Iggles get two points with 0:04 left on the clock and go up 28-27.

pczach
12-18-2016, 05:25 PM
Yeah, Boz was on today. But I know it's tougher to kick FG's in Pittsburgh. Probably the toughest in the NFL. If it comes down to field goals, I'll take Tucker!

- - - Updated - - -

This year, I'm always prepared. I was prepared to see the Iggles get two points with 0:04 left on the clock and go up 28-27.

We're having to listen to some of our fans lose their minds because they feel they should have destroyed the Bengals. I can only imagine how Ravens message boards would be exploding if the Eagles converted the 2 point play and the Ravens lost.

Crow-Magnon
12-18-2016, 05:28 PM
We're having to listen to some of our fans lose their minds because they feel they should have destroyed the Bengals. I can only imagine how Ravens message boards would be exploding if the Eagles converted the 2 point play and the Ravens lost.

I was looking for my nitroglycerin pills...and I don't have angina!

BnG_Hevn
12-18-2016, 05:36 PM
Bengals will hand the W to the Ravens if Ravens win against Pittsburgh. Bank it.

Edman
12-18-2016, 06:26 PM
Its very simple in this game. Whoever wins this game wins the AFC North. The Loser is out of the playoffs pretty much.

Steelers win this game, they win the AFC North.

Ravens win, They can win the North in Week 17, which they most likely will, because the Bengals suck and will do everything possible to keep the Steelers out.

Crow-Magnon
12-18-2016, 06:35 PM
Its very simple in this game. Whoever wins this game wins the AFC North. The Loser is out of the playoffs pretty much.

Steelers win this game, they win the AFC North.

Ravens win, They can win the North in Week 17, which they most likely will, because the Bengals suck and will do everything possible to keep the Steelers out.

No matter what, I can't see the Bengals rolling over in Week 17. Nor will the Browns, although they really suck!

Iron Steeler
12-18-2016, 10:22 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Eagles had to tease me like that.

st33lersguy
12-18-2016, 10:56 PM
Bengals will hand the W to the Ravens if Ravens win against Pittsburgh. Bank it.

They and their fans will barf out of their moron mouths "Durr, we ended the steelers season, durr"

- - - Updated - - -

This will be a tough game, the Ravens have had the Steelers number recently and they are a tough team. I hate the purple birds with a passion but I also respect them as they are a tough team and find ways to win tough games rather than implode in every big spot like a certain other AFC north team