PDA

View Full Version : I'm Thankful For Mike Tomlin

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-17-2016, 11:34 PM
After watching the Jets and Miami game and the Jets coach needs to go! Point being ain't to many active coaches now I would take over Tomlin. He sux at clock management but Cowher was even worse at it and cost us two losses the one season. Overall he has done a decent job and glad he is our coach!

Renegade
12-18-2016, 01:19 AM
I am thankful for mike tomlin as well. Even though it is easy to complain sometimes, when we look at other franchises that cannot get out of their own way, we realize how fortunate we are.

teegre
12-18-2016, 09:26 AM
John Harbaugh would never lose four games in a row.

Oh... right.

Joking aside, last week, there was a graphic that showed that Tomlin's 100 wins were only bested by Halas and by two other HOF coaches. Of course, 99 of those wins can be attributed to Cowher's players ( :jerkit: ).

Hawkman
12-18-2016, 11:56 AM
John Harbaugh would never lose four games in a row.

Oh... right.

Joking aside, last week, there was a graphic that showed that Tomlin's 100 wins were only bested by Halas and by two other HOF coaches. Of course, 99 of those wins can be attributed to Cowher's players ( :jerkit: ).

That's properly stirring the s%#t!!:heh:

86WARD
12-18-2016, 01:22 PM
The Steelers win despite Mike Tomlin...lol

Psycho Ward 86
12-18-2016, 02:36 PM
and the cowboys are thankful for Barry Switzer :lol:

fansince'76
12-18-2016, 03:20 PM
It's been a while since I've seen the Barry Switzer reference.

WCSteeler
12-18-2016, 03:32 PM
The Steelers win despite Mike Tomlin...lol

It was comical to see Tomlin on the sideline after the narrow victory to a bad team that killed itself with dumb penalties and an offensive collapse. The Steelers came in again unprepared and again undisciplined and could only muster 1 TD and if anyone thinks this shit show will result in wins in the playoffs think again. The team played poorly and I sincerely hope that instead of exuberance Coach Tomlin offers them a warning that the Ravens will offer a far better effort than Cincinnati did. This team WILL NOT win on the road in the playoffs unless they play far better than they have and this includes Ben Roethlisberger.

Hawkman
12-18-2016, 03:40 PM
It was comical to see Tomlin on the sideline after the narrow victory to a bad team that killed itself with dumb penalties and an offensive collapse. The Steelers came in again unprepared and again undisciplined and could only muster 1 TD and if anyone thinks this shit show will result in wins in the playoffs think again. The team played poorly and I sincerely hope that instead of exuberance Coach Tomlin offers them a warning that the Ravens will offer a far better effort than Cincinnati did. This team WILL NOT win on the road in the playoffs unless they play far better than they have and this includes Ben Roethlisberger.

Really?!!

NCSteeler
12-18-2016, 03:41 PM
Yes. Really. Tomlin was an idiot on the sideline. He needed to let his team know they were lucky not good on this day

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

pczach
12-18-2016, 03:43 PM

It's even more comical to listen to Steelers fans trashing the coach after his team came back from being down 17 points on the road to defeat a division team that they played in the playoffs last year, intentionally injures key Steelers players every year, eliminated them from the playoffs this year, and maintained a one game lead in the division and strengthened their playoff position as they will prepare to play the Ravens next week.

teegre
12-18-2016, 03:44 PM
It took an entire five posts before this thread turned into a "Tomlin sucks" thread.

WCSteeler
12-18-2016, 03:48 PM
Really?!!

You thought that was a solid performance from a playoff bound team? It was awful for the majority of the game and Tomlin acted like he just won the power ball. The team committed a ton of penalties, Ben looked anything but dominant, the defense reverted back to its old ways. Boswell won that game with 6 field goals most from long range, the rest way ugly and that includes very poor coaching

pczach
12-18-2016, 03:49 PM
Yes. Really. Tomlin was an idiot on the sideline. He needed to let his team know they were lucky not good on this day

Yeah, they were extremely lucky to outgain the Bengals by 160 yards and completely shut them out in the second half, and completely dominating the game after the half while not getting any calls on obvious penalties all game.

Yep.....pure luck.:rolleyes:

WCSteeler
12-18-2016, 03:49 PM
It took an entire five posts before this thread turned into a "Tomlin sucks" thread.

No this is an "everyone but Boswell sucks thread"

st33lersguy
12-18-2016, 03:55 PM
Did not like how slow the team started, but that was a gutsy effort in the 2nd half and I have to credit Tomlin for sticking with it for 4 quarters. He is levels above Marvin Lewis that is for sure

Hawkman
12-18-2016, 03:56 PM

Sorry, but I thought there was plenty of good. Half time adjustments for one thing. Boswell was pretty damn fantastic!!
Not buying the lucky. The score may not reflect it but we totally outplayed them. No turnovers and only one sack. The penalties and poor red zone work were my only real complaints.

If you follow stats, the Bengals and Steelers are fairly even on both sides of the ball.

smokin3000gt
12-18-2016, 03:59 PM
this thread gives me the lawlz. some people take this way too seriously and will never be happy. just enjoy the game and the win ffs.

Hawkman
12-18-2016, 04:00 PM
No this is an "everyone but Boswell sucks thread"

No actually this is a " I'm Thankful for Tomlin" thread. If you'd like to start a "everyone but Boswell sucks" thread.....by all means!

WCSteeler
12-18-2016, 04:02 PM
Did not like how slow the team started, but that was a gutsy effort in the 2nd half and I have to credit Tomlin for sticking with it for 4 quarters. He is levels above Marvin Lewis that is for sure

Give him credit for sticking with it? With what? The Steelers had a grand total of 1 red zone trip and 1 TD. I'm happy the Steelers won but frustrated as hell that the team keeps reverting back to undisciplined play and it's gonna cost them dearly in the playoffs.

st33lersguy
12-18-2016, 04:07 PM
You thought that was a solid performance from a playoff bound team? It was awful for the majority of the game and Tomlin acted like he just won the power ball. The team committed a ton of penalties, Ben looked anything but dominant, the defense reverted back to its old ways. Boswell won that game with 6 field goals most from long range, the rest way ugly and that includes very poor coaching

This isn't Alabama playing against 6th or 7th place SEC east teams, this is the Steelers playing a division rival on the road who was playing in their Super Bowl and the Steelers came back from 2 touchdowns on the road to win. The NFL is about finding ways to win the close games

DesertSteel
12-18-2016, 04:08 PM
The players all love Tomlin. Maybe they have a better perspective than all the armchair quarterbacks on message boards. That and 101 wins in 10 years.

st33lersguy
12-18-2016, 04:09 PM
Give him credit for sticking with it? With what? The Steelers had a grand total of 1 red zone trip and 1 TD. I'm happy the Steelers won but frustrated as hell that the team keeps reverting back to undisciplined play and it's gonna cost them dearly in the playoffs.

For not giving up on the game and continuing to battle and finding a way to win, which is part of what being a good NFL team is about

DesertSteel
12-18-2016, 04:09 PM
This isn't Alabama playing against 6th or 7th place SEC east teams, this is the Steelers playing a division rival on the road who was playing in their Super Bowl and the Steelers came back from 2 touchdowns on the road to win. The NFL is about finding ways to win the close games
Thanks for giving some perspective! People crack me up sometimes - giving clueless a new meaning.

Count Steeler
12-18-2016, 04:11 PM
Tomlin seemed pretty pissed before heading to the locker room and he correctly identified the penalties as a key issue of the first half.

Kudos to him for getting the message across and for how the players did not retaliate and get the second penalty. And, oh yeah, win the game.

pczach
12-18-2016, 04:13 PM
Thanks for giving some perspective! People crack me up sometimes - giving clueless a new meaning.

You're not even allowed to enjoy a win anymore. It's ridiculous.

Mojouw
12-18-2016, 04:20 PM
So no credit for the fact that the Steelers limited the Bengals to like 50 yards of offense or something like that in the second half without their 2 starting DE's?

Naw. Coaching has nothing to do with that.

smokin3000gt
12-18-2016, 04:21 PM

I'm starting to see why other fans call us squealer fans

Count Steeler
12-18-2016, 04:24 PM
So no credit for the fact that the Steelers limited the Bengals to like 50 yards of offense or something like that in the second half without their 2 starting DE's?

Naw. Coaching has nothing to do with that.

While not always pretty, the D is coming into it's own. Especially considering Heyward and Tuitt did not play. Walton, McCullers and Hargrave stepped up, along with Shazier, Harrison, Dupree and Timmons. Basically shut them down in the 2nd half.

teegre
12-18-2016, 04:30 PM

To quite Eddie Murphy Delirious (first black President):

"He fucking won!?!" :scared:

fansince'76
12-18-2016, 04:36 PM

Still, they won. As such, shouldn't you be crawling back into the woodwork now, Weak Sauce? :coffee:

Mojouw
12-18-2016, 04:38 PM
While not always pretty, the D is coming into it's own. Especially considering Heyward and Tuitt did not play. Walton, McCullers and Hargrave stepped up, along with Shazier, Harrison, Dupree and Timmons. Basically shut them down in the 2nd half.

They don't have the steady pressure off the edge that some classic 90's and 2000's defenses did, but that second half sure looked like a pretty damned serious defense. Artie Burns was inches from winning the game with a pick six.

Hargrave is turning into a handful. Imagine what he develops into when he gets some better technique, experience, and another off-season cycle on an NFL strength and conditioning program?

They are just simply too darn fast to run laterally on and passes are now being defensed by actual DB's not just rush pressure.

Craic
12-18-2016, 05:10 PM
They don't have the steady pressure off the edge that some classic 90's and 2000's defenses did, but that second half sure looked like a pretty damned serious defense. Artie Burns was inches from winning the game with a pick six.

Hargrave is turning into a handful. Imagine what he develops into when he gets some better technique, experience, and another off-season cycle on an NFL strength and conditioning program?

They are just simply too darn fast to run laterally on and passes are now being defensed by actual DB's not just rush pressure.

And add to that, they did it today with a patchwork D line. I mean, having to play James Harrison on the Dline at one point? Seriously? Here's to the defense that got it done with out the trench guys.

tube517
12-18-2016, 05:17 PM
5 in a row. Better overall defensive play (which has Tomlin's fingerprints all over it).

Getting the best out of third string D-lineman and UDFA O-linemen, rookie DBs, PS WRs.

But, yeah, let's jump on the coach because he has Cowher's QB and Cowher's special teams demon and give his cool shades/hippo fart/poker playing self no credit.

He does need to fire Danny Smith though. lol

Count Steeler
12-18-2016, 06:15 PM

Yup, a lot of pluses on the D now. Remarkable to see the in season development of Hargrave, Davis and Burns. Would have been poetic justice for Burns to get that pick 6 in Cincy, since they thought they stole our 1st round pick.

plenewken
12-18-2016, 06:23 PM
Can someone explain to me why MT needed to wear sunglasses this afternoon in Cincy? It's not that it was sunny and it's not that he has sensitive blue eyes either. Was it to look bad@ss? LOL

st33lersguy
12-18-2016, 06:27 PM
Can someone explain to me why MT needed to wear sunglasses this afternoon in Cincy? It's not that it was sunny and it's not that he has sensitive blue eyes either. Was it to look bad@ss? LOL

He put himself at disadvantage wearing shades when cloudy and didn't know it, FIRE HIM! (Lol)

Count Steeler
12-18-2016, 06:28 PM

The guy likes to wear sun glasses. Big deal.

vasteeler
12-18-2016, 06:56 PM
We went into a hostile environment against a heated rival and won the game...good enough for me... Good job Tomlin

Butch
12-18-2016, 07:44 PM
I don't know what game some of you were watching but this game was kept close by the officials. I told a fellow Steeler fan that Great teams over come bad officiating and today the Steelers were a Great team.

I will knock Tomlin when he steps on the field or doesn't play aggressive, but todays game was kept close by the officiating.

fansince'76
12-18-2016, 08:22 PM
The guy likes to wear sun glasses. Big deal.

He's another one that just needs to STFU and crawl back into the woodwork, especially since the last time he bothered to post anything, the Steelers were sitting at 4-5.

smokin3000gt
12-18-2016, 08:28 PM
He's another one that just needs to STFU and crawl back into the woodwork, especially since the last time he bothered to post anything, the Steelers were sitting at 4-5.

it seems as the dbag has already crawled back into his hole of sorrow. what a f'n whiner

GBMelBlount
12-18-2016, 08:42 PM
Tomlin has benefitted from working for a stable organization, inheriting a good team and having Ben his entire Tenure.

I think the next few years will tell us how good he really is.

quistors
12-19-2016, 12:28 AM

You do realize you should be more mad at Todd Haley than mike Tomlin about that right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mojouw
12-19-2016, 11:40 AM
Here is what I don't get. I really don't. This board throws the word "undisciplined" around a ton. Mostly after any Steelers loss or penalty flag. Yet, can you really call the Steelers an undisciplined team? "But, what about Mitchell's constant late hit personal fouls! That is totally undisciplined!" Is it? The 3 I can remember off the top of my head where plays where even the color commentators (you know, the dudes who have actually played in the NFL) were like...I don't know about that. Ball carrier was still running along the sideline...that's the safeties job..etc. A few other personal foul penalties on the defense were kind of borderline stuff that happens when you are trying to play fast and aggressive. Most of the penalties on the offense have been of two kinds. False starts/holds and formation penalties. Every o-line in the league has false starts and holds. Not going to freak out over that. The formation and procedure penalties most often happen with TE's and WR's lining up wrong. What could be the cause of that....oh yeah...That's right. The rotating army of new to the offense, their role, the NFL, cast of characters this team has employed at WR and TE so far this year. It's almost like they are inexperienced or something...

I'll wrap this rant up by saying that yesterday afternoon anyone that watched the game got to see what a truly undisciplined NFL team looks like. Both on the field and off the field. Stupid post-whistle penalties on the field and blame shifting for the loss after the game. One you rarely see with the Steelers and one you never see.

But, yeah let's keep up that drumbeat for how undisciplined and what not this team is.

fansince'76
12-19-2016, 11:45 AM
You do realize you should be more mad at Todd Haley than mike Tomlin about that right?

It's not Haley he has the massive hard-on against, so no.

Psycho Ward 86
12-19-2016, 12:46 PM
We went into a hostile environment against a heated rival and won the game...good enough for me... Good job Tomlin

this reminds me of people crediting Obama for lower gas prices

fansince'76
12-19-2016, 12:56 PM
It's funny how completely ineffectual Tomlin supposedly is whenever the team wins, but how quickly the "Fire Tomlin" thread gets bumped back to the top of the forum and how he seems to get 100% of the blame whenever the team loses...

st33lersguy
12-19-2016, 12:59 PM
Tomlin has to be given credit for winning 4 road games in 5 weeks, that is tough to do.

Craic
12-19-2016, 03:12 PM
It's funny how completely ineffectual Tomlin supposedly is whenever the team wins, but how quickly the "Fire Tomlin" thread gets bumped back to the top of the forum and how he seems to get 100% of the blame whenever the team loses...
Didn't you know? The Steelers win all those games in spite of Tomlin.

Hawkman
12-19-2016, 04:06 PM
I'll wrap this rant up by saying that yesterday afternoon anyone that watched the game got to see what a truly undisciplined NFL team looks like. Both on the field and off the field. Stupid post-whistle penalties on the field and blame shifting for the loss after the game. One you rarely see with the Steelers and one you never see.

But, yeah let's keep up that drumbeat for how undisciplined and what not this team is.

I would say we were very disciplined yesterday, particularly the O-lineman. I'd have decked a few Bungles, starting but not finishing with 55. I did like it that after each running play, either Foster or Gilbert went straight to the pile to make sure Bell didn't get messed with.

Mojouw
12-19-2016, 04:21 PM
I would say we were very disciplined yesterday, particularly the O-lineman. I'd have decked a few Bungles, starting but not finishing with 55. I did like it that after each running play, either Foster or Gilbert went straight to the pile to make sure Bell didn't get messed with.

Yeah that was cool to see! Foster in particular was walking right up to the line and keeping others from crossing it.

86WARD
12-19-2016, 06:10 PM
Didn't you know? The Steelers win all those games in spite of Tomlin.

https://cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w680/s/usatsteelerswire.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/tomlin-celebrates.gif?w=1000

86WARD
12-19-2016, 06:12 PM

I agree with this. With the exception of maybe the Gilbert penalty, they were very disciplined yesterday. They still committed a lot of penalties even after Tomlin announced to the world that they would be adjusting that at the half.

86WARD
12-19-2016, 06:14 PM

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/1401354887138963603.gif