PDA

View Full Version : Ramon Foster, DeAngelo Williams have 'chance' to return against Bengals

Iron Steeler
12-14-2016, 10:45 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/12/13/steelers-mike-tomlin-ramon-foster-deangelo-williams-could-play-vs-bengals-b-j-finney-javon-hargrave-concussion-protocol/stories/201612130152

(http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/12/13/steelers-mike-tomlin-ramon-foster-deangelo-williams-could-play-vs-bengals-b-j-finney-javon-hargrave-concussion-protocol/stories/201612130152)By Gerry Dulac / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said today guard Ramon Foster, who did not play in Buffalo because of a chest injury, has a “chance” to return against the Cincinnati Bengals.

That might be good news because guard B.J. Finney, who replaced Foster against the Bills and helped Le’Veon Bell rush for a franchise-record 236 yards, is in concussion protocol and might not be available.

Tomlin said nose tackle Javon Hargrave, who did not play against the Bills, remains in concussion protocol. Safety Shamarko Thomas, however, is out of concussion protocol and could play against the Bengals (5-7-1), who have won their past two games.Even without Hargrave, the Steelers limited the Bills, the No. 1 rush team in the league, to 67 yards on 18 carries.

Backup running back DeAngelo Williams (knee), who has missed the past five games, has a “legitimate chance” to play in Cincinnati, Tomlin said. But he said he is not “as optimistic” about wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey (foot), who has also missed the past five games.

Getting Deangello and Foster back will be huge! All I keep praying for is to to make the playoffs with a full healthy squad!

ON TO CINCINNATI ! Here we go!

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-14-2016, 01:16 PM
I would love for us to keep Bell out of the game and just play Williams because of the head hunters. But you can never give into evil and let Bell roll and mofu might end up with the MVP of the year before it is all said and done!

Steeldude
12-14-2016, 01:25 PM
I hope Foster will play. Finney is on concussion protocol.

Craic
12-14-2016, 01:50 PM
I would love for us to keep Bell out of the game and just play Williams because of the head hunters. But you can never give into evil and let Bell roll and mofu might end up with the MVP of the year before it is all said and done!

That's exactly what I'd do. Bring in Bell and let him line up as a WR and run sideline routes or something. But I'd feed Williams the ball and let Fitzy get a number of carries. This late in the season with completely fresh legs, he's likely to have a good game.

Born2Steel
12-14-2016, 03:29 PM
Didn't Deangelo run all over Cincy's defense in week 2? Line them both up and keep 8 in the box. Ben and AB will do the rest.

Iron Steeler
12-14-2016, 03:58 PM
The game isnalways nasty. Marvin lewisnhas no control over his team. I would like it if Bell split with dengello.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-14-2016, 04:01 PM
That's exactly what I'd do. Bring in Bell and let him line up as a WR and run sideline routes or something. But I'd feed Williams the ball and let Fitzy get a number of carries. This late in the season with completely fresh legs, he's likely to have a good game. Much as that is a great idea. I want Bell to come at them full force and show this team ain't no pussies!

BlackAndGold
12-14-2016, 06:37 PM
Also Hargrave seem to be on track to return also.

BlackAndGold
12-14-2016, 06:43 PM
I hope Foster will play. Finney is on concussion protocol.

He practiced today. Will have to wait to see how he responds tomorrow.

GBMelBlount
12-14-2016, 07:24 PM
Bring in Bell and let him line up as a WR and run sideline routes or something.

But I'd feed Williams the ball...

I love the idea of lining up Bell as a receiver, especially after running the wheels off of him last week.

Iron Steeler
12-14-2016, 09:07 PM
I love the idea of lining up Bell as a receiver, especially after running the wheels off of him last week.

Agreed put him out wide... spread the D and rub with Williams