PDA

View Full Version : Bell, some pretty amazing stats...

DesertSteel
12-13-2016, 09:43 AM
The Most Dominant Player in the NFL? This article sets forth a convincing argument.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/leveon-bell-is-the-most-dominant-player-in-the-nfl/?addata=espn:nfl:clubhouse

Count Steeler
12-13-2016, 09:58 AM
What was really impressive in Buffalo is that he didn't really have a big run. All his runs were for decent yardage. Usually when someone goes for 200, they have a 50 or 60 yarder in there.

SteelMember
12-13-2016, 10:30 AM
What was really impressive in Buffalo is that he didn't really have a big run. All his runs were for decent yardage. Usually when someone goes for 200, they have a 50 or 60 yarder in there.

He had a 33 yard carry...

DesertSteel
12-13-2016, 11:11 AM
The most IMPRESSIVE stat is that Bell has the highest Yards From Scrimmage per Game for the the first 4 years in the league in the HISTORY of the NFL.

Craic
12-13-2016, 11:28 AM
An he's done it while playing only part of pretty much every season.

Born2Steel
12-13-2016, 11:55 AM
I believe he got over 40 carries also for that game. As good as he is, odds are he's going to break a couple off for big yards. I'm just glad he's a Steeler.

teegre
12-13-2016, 02:23 PM
Calm down, everyone. Bell is only in second place for single-season leaders for yards from scrimmage per game (in the history of the NFL).

"If you're not first, you're last."
--Ricky Bobby

Born2Steel
12-13-2016, 03:46 PM
Calm down, everyone. Bell is only in second place for single-season leaders for yards from scrimmage per game (in the history of the NFL).

--Ricky Bobby

That's actually a 'Reese Bobby' quote, and he was high when he said it. :lol:

pczach
12-13-2016, 04:32 PM
That's actually a 'Reese Bobby' quote, and he was high when he said it. :lol:

"Forget it. He's rolling."

---Animal House

:lol:

DesertSteel
12-13-2016, 04:47 PM
I believe he got over 40 carries also for that game. As good as he is, odds are he's going to break a couple off for big yards. I'm just glad he's a Steeler.
That's why the measurement is PER GAME. Otherwise, he drops back in the pack because he's missed so many games.

- - - Updated - - -

--Ricky Bobby

He's FIRST over the first four years in the league, all time.

ALLD
12-13-2016, 05:18 PM
Bong Hit Bell is the best RB I have seen since that guy from the Raiders.

86WARD
12-13-2016, 05:38 PM
Tyrone Wheatley wasn't that good.

BlackAndGold
12-13-2016, 06:40 PM
He'll definitely be brought back after this season on a long term contract.

ALLD
12-13-2016, 08:52 PM
Marcus Allen.

lipps83
12-13-2016, 08:54 PM
You mean Bo Jackson.

teegre
12-13-2016, 10:55 PM
He's FIRST over the first four years in the league, all time.

Eddie Lacy would have been even more FIRSTER...

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-14-2016, 03:54 AM
You mean Bo Jackson. I'm sure who the post was about and was very good for sure. Think he was somewhat overrated as well and had he stayed healthy we would have seen that. Think he was great too but proclaim him the best after one season was and is premature man love lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Eddie Lacy would have been even more FIRSTER... Love Hodge and a true Steeler but thank God The Steelers brass went with there guy. Not Lacey like Hodge wanted when he announced the pick and disagreed. I kinda wanted Lacy as well but was cool with them taking Bell after watching a lot of his video's before the draft.

86WARD
12-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Marcus Allen.

Was joking...[emoji12]

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-14-2016, 01:00 PM
Was joking...[emoji12] Not a bad joke and heck of a player as well!

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I think people made more out of Bo then what he was. Even watching him in his day still diged Eric Dickerson more.

DesertSteel
12-15-2016, 09:49 AM
Marcus Allen.

Not a bad comparison, really.

43Hitman
12-16-2016, 08:32 PM
Not a bad comparison, really.
Yeah he reminds me of Marcus Allen when he runs and Marshall Faulk when receiving.

Craic
12-16-2016, 08:49 PM
Actually, he kind of reminds me of this guy . . . although lacking the last gear to pull away, unfortunately. It'd almost be unfair if Bell had that on top of all his other tools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy1JjDq5lz8

ALLD
12-17-2016, 05:43 PM
Was joking...[emoji12]

Bell is also a baller. I haven't seen this much heart in a Steelers' RB since Rocky Blount came back from Nam.

Mojouw
12-17-2016, 06:17 PM
Just watched some Marcus Allen, Barry Sanders, Tomlinson, and Faulk highlights. And Bell has elements or echoes of all of those backs, but based on the highlights alone he does something fairly unique. His first instinct is not break to the edge/outside and beat everyone to the corner. All of the above backs were always trying to get to that edge first and foremost. Bell seeks room/creases in the middle of the field. Not sure I've seen anything like it before.

Maybe it is because he knows he doesn't have that "extra gear" to just run away from guys in the NFL?

tube517
12-17-2016, 07:16 PM
Just watched some Marcus Allen, Barry Sanders, Tomlinson, and Faulk highlights. And Bell has elements or echoes of all of those backs, but based on the highlights alone he does something fairly unique. His first instinct is not break to the edge/outside and beat everyone to the corner. All of the above backs were always trying to get to that edge first and foremost. Bell seeks room/creases in the middle of the field. Not sure I've seen anything like it before.

Maybe it is because he knows he doesn't have that "extra gear" to just run away from guys in the NFL?

He's got some Franco in him as well. Franco was patient and waited for Webster/Davis/Mullins to do their thing but sometimes the hole was already set so Franco just blew through it.

ALLD
12-18-2016, 10:14 AM
The Cincy game would be a great time to try the halfback option pass from Bell to Brown in the EZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY-BNuVbEOk