PDA

View Full Version : Week 15: @ Bengals

Psycho Ward 86
12-11-2016, 10:16 PM
Time to make some moves on the road again. Really impressed with what we did agains the #1 rushing attack in the league WITHOUT Hargrave and Heyward. Hopefully Hargrave is back. I want to dare Dalton to beat us. Im starting to trust the playmaking ability of our DB's. Cant believe im saying that.

I hope to god Ben eases our road worries a bit and has a great game. honestly when taking into account games where he plays injured/returns too early, Ben probably has the typical amount of bad games as other elite QB's, but his games on the road the past 2 seasons have been really worrisome at times. ill give him the benefit of the doubt

Steelers 33-23

fansince'76
12-11-2016, 10:32 PM
Ben has historically played well in Ohio...

st33lersguy
12-11-2016, 10:41 PM
My biggest worry is that thug intentionally hurting Ben, Bell, and/or Brown.

teegre
12-11-2016, 10:44 PM
No injuries.

The Bengals will be trying to ruin the Steelers' post season... via cheap shots. I'm not as much concerned about winning, as I am leaving the game healthy.

Born2Steel
12-11-2016, 10:52 PM
We play STEELER FOOTBALL. Period. They bring the thugs, we can play that way too. Don't want to play that way, but if that's how it has to be....

Bottom line is we will be in the post season. This game insures that. Whatever it takes. Finesse, hardnose, dirty, power, whatever. Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!!!!

Edman
12-11-2016, 11:01 PM
It's not the Bengals I'm scared of. It's the cheap shots I'm scared of.

Born2Steel
12-11-2016, 11:05 PM
Cheapshots happen in just about every game. They are very much a part of any Steelers/Bengals game. It's just how it's done.

teegre
12-12-2016, 12:46 AM
Two years ago, against the Bengals, DeCastro pulled left, leading Bell for long runs all day long.

After today's game, I foresee that play being run a dozen times for 150 yards... plus, another 50 yards on ten "other" runs.

BlackAndGold
12-12-2016, 06:17 AM
If no AJ Green, then I see this as a win but yes, watch out for the cheap shots.

Their season is basically over, so they have nothing to lose to play like pieces of shits.

Shoes
12-12-2016, 08:13 AM
Lets hope they don't run Bell against the Bengals & Ravens like they did yesterday. If they do, there won't be any Bell left for the playoffs (if they make it).

GBMelBlount
12-12-2016, 08:19 AM
St33lersguy

My biggest worry is that thug intentionally hurting Ben, Bell, and/or Brown.

Must win. No can afford injury. No sleep over.

"Cincinnati drops to No. 8 in ‘Top Bed Bug Cities'"

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/cincinnati/were-no-longer-no-1-and-thats-not-bad-news-cincinnati-drops-to-no-8-in-top-bed-bug-cities

fansince'76
12-12-2016, 08:52 AM
A blast from the past:

"Everything is fine in Bedbug City. There is no crisis. Nothing to see here. Please buy plenty of tickets to the Bedbug City Bengals games. You will be rewarded with 72 virgins in your afterlife"
http://www.wigderson.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Baghdad-Bob.gif

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/9143-Bengals-new-offense-dismal-in-opener?p=191661#post191661

:lol:

Iron Steeler
12-12-2016, 11:39 AM
No injuries.

The Bengals will be trying to ruin the Steelers' post season... via cheap shots. I'm not as much concerned about winning, as I am leaving the game healthy.

No injuries please... WE need our big 3 to make a run.

I am sold in the fact if we make the playoff with BEN, AB, BELL healthy we have a legit chance to bring back a Lombardi Trophy.

86WARD
12-12-2016, 11:49 AM
They should sign Hines back for this game...

SteelerFanInStl
12-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Ben has historically played well in Ohio...

Yes, he has but I'm sure that people will still find something to cry about.

fansince'76
12-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Yes, he has but I'm sure that people will still find something to cry about.

Probably...

zulater
12-12-2016, 12:57 PM
No injuries.

I'm equally concerned with both. This is the Bungles Super Bowl. Don't put them away early and they'll be playing with house money and will delight in delivering a blow to the Steelers playoff hopes.

Then of course there's PacThug and Birth defect. Two known sociopaths that will be looking for any chance to deliver a cheap shot in trying to take out a key Steeler or two for the stretch drive.

Come away with this one with a W and relatively intact health wise and I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief.

This game scares

steel striker
12-12-2016, 02:53 PM
This game does worry me because, it's the bungals super bowl. We who will be trying injury the steelers key players! The steelers got to have this game and, also come out of it healthy like many have already mentioned.

AtlantaDan
12-12-2016, 04:17 PM
If no AJ Green, then I see this as a win but yes, watch out for the cheap shots.

Looks like Green may play on Sunday

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said wide receiver A.J. Green would return to the practice field Wednesday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/12/a-j-green-expected-to-return-to-practice-field-wednesday/

Based on this quote today from Ramon Foster it appears that the Steelers are not going to engage in any pregame trash talking but will retaliate if Burfict acts out

“We’ll deal with him whenever it gets to that,” Foster said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/12/12/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Ramon-Foster-Cincinnati-Bengals-Vontaze-Burfict-Antonio-Brown-injury/stories/201612130034

Mojouw
12-12-2016, 04:47 PM
I have no idea what the score will be. Not even sure who will win. But I do know that if Burfict starts his usual antics, someone from the Steelers might kill him.

Personally, I don't know why they don't design a "play" (using that term loosely) that sicks AV and Gilbert on him. I gotta figure those two are big enough to discourage further demonstrations.

Just tell AV, that he is a Taliban sympathizer. The rest should sort itself out.

86WARD
12-12-2016, 04:53 PM
I'd like to see them get out healthy win or lose.

teegre
12-12-2016, 08:54 PM
No injuries please... WE need our big 3 to make a run.

I am sold in the fact if we make the playoff with BEN, AB, BELL healthy we have a legit chance to bring back a Lombardi Trophy.

Exactly.
When BB, Bell, & AB are all hitting their stride, no team can keep up.

teegre
12-12-2016, 09:00 PM
I'm equally concerned with both. This is the Bungles Super Bowl. Don't put them away early and they'll be playing with house money and will delight in delivering a blow to the Steelers playoff hopes.

Then of course there's PacThug and Birth defect. Two known sociopaths that will be looking for any chance to deliver a cheap shot in trying to take out a key Steeler or two for the stretch drive.

Come away with this one with a W and relatively intact health wise and I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief.

This game scares

Yep.
I'm more nervous for this game than I have been in a long, long time. To clarify: not a "good" type of nervous... nervous like when watching someone pull their own toenail off with a pair of pliers.

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2016, 09:02 PM
I have no idea what the score will be. Not even sure who will win. But I do know that if Burfict starts his usual antics, someone from the Steelers might kill him.

Personally, I don't know why they don't design a "play" (using that term loosely) that sicks AV and Gilbert on him. I gotta figure those two are big enough to discourage further demonstrations.

Just tell AV, that he is a Taliban sympathizer. The rest should sort itself out.

Or we could just bring back Colon http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1598051/willieburfictmakeout.gif

Mojouw
12-12-2016, 09:03 PM
Or we could just bring back Colon http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1598051/willieburfictmakeout.gif

I forgot about that!

I like the plan though - special one game contract?

Rotorhead
12-14-2016, 11:35 AM
I am for putting JH in at FB early in the game, run right at Burthdefect and let JH destroy him!

Hawkman
12-14-2016, 02:14 PM
I am for putting JH in at FB early in the game, run right at Burthdefect and let JH destroy him!

I think we can accomplish that with Rosie Nix. He's a mean SOB. A NT converted to a FB.

I re-watched the Bills game, and he was a stud on a lot of Bell's runs, and made a great stop on STs.

I say just have him dog Burfict ALL DAY.

j-d-s
12-14-2016, 02:23 PM
Or McCullers as TE :D.

Hawkman
12-14-2016, 02:31 PM
Or McCullers as TE :D.

That might do it.:chuckle:

tube517
12-14-2016, 02:55 PM

Hawkman
12-14-2016, 03:06 PM

EXCELLENT!

Rotorhead
12-14-2016, 03:31 PM
Things are looking up!

ALLD
12-14-2016, 05:03 PM
Nobody even mentions the Artie Burns vs. William Jackson draft order.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-14-2016, 06:53 PM
Nobody even mentions the Artie Burns vs. William Jackson draft order. I wanted WJ3 and now happy we didn't get him

Iron Steeler
12-14-2016, 07:24 PM

I say give williams 40% of the running bulk. Need leveon healthy for the playoff run.

The guy we are truly missing is DHB!

tube517
12-14-2016, 07:43 PM
I say give williams 40% of the running bulk. Need leveon healthy for the playoff run.

The guy we are truly missing is DHB!

Yep, DHB is a special teams ace and a decent backup WR.

ALLD
12-14-2016, 08:59 PM
I wonder if DHB would have made a better CB or S?

Iron Steeler
12-14-2016, 09:06 PM
I wonder if DHB would have made a better CB or S?

He makes a better WR then Coates or Hamilton right now.

Renegade
12-15-2016, 12:20 PM
Nobody get scared. even if the steelers lose and the ravens win this week, the steelers still control their own destiny. Here is my theory. If I'm the steelers, i try my very best to win this game. reason being, if philadelphia does somethine amazing and beats the ravens, all you have to do is beat the browns on the last day of the year to win the division. given the ravens propensity to injure people, and desire to do so, i might just rest my starters on Christmas day and then really tee off on the browns.

Born2Steel
12-15-2016, 12:52 PM
I disagree with the 'resting starters' idea completely. We expect to win the tough battles. We need everyone to be in full playoff mode right now. Any play can result in an injury. Cannot think that way. Cannot play scared. This is playoff football. Win at all cost. No player is at 100% in week 15.

Hawkman
12-15-2016, 01:22 PM
I disagree with the 'resting starters' idea completely. We expect to win the tough battles. We need everyone to be in full playoff mode right now. Any play can result in an injury. Cannot think that way. Cannot play scared. This is playoff football. Win at all cost. No player is at 100% in week 15.

...and I'm thinking that everyone of the Steelers feel the same way. "Can't live in our fears".

Rotorhead
12-15-2016, 01:32 PM
Also, we still have the possibility of the #2 seed, so we win out and see where the cards fall.

43Hitman
12-15-2016, 04:36 PM
Possible set back today for Williams...He didn't practice today.

GBMelBlount
12-15-2016, 05:21 PM
Nobody even mentions the Artie Burns vs. William Jackson draft order.

How has Jackson looked this year?

tube517
12-15-2016, 05:58 PM

He's on IR

GBMelBlount
12-15-2016, 06:06 PM
He's on IR

That's right. Even before the season started I think?

tube517
12-15-2016, 06:41 PM
That's right. Even before the season started I think?

Yep. I almost forgot about him.

GBMelBlount
12-15-2016, 06:42 PM
Yep. I almost forgot about him.

Forgot about who?

43Hitman
12-15-2016, 07:03 PM
I think he is on IR bud.

Renegade
12-16-2016, 12:15 AM
No one wants the steelers to smash the ravens more than me. I live near baltimore and these fans absolutely suck. they are unintelligent, pathetic excuses for human beings. Obviously, if the ravens beat the eagles, the christmas day game means a whole lot more. it means the division. It is not that I fear the ravens, nor do i respect anything they stand for im just saying, they are a dirty team that likes to injure people and the steelers (as much as i hate to say it) seem to play scared against them. Roethlisberger once won 7 straight starts against the ravens. what happened? why cant they beat those birds anymore? anyway, the steelers have turned the season around and now have 2 games in a row against bully teams. I really hope no one gets hurt.

Steeldude
12-16-2016, 05:50 AM
I can't predict who is going to win or which players will do well. The one thing I can predict with 100% accuracy is Harrison will be held during the game many times without a flag.

Born2Steel
12-16-2016, 09:27 AM
'Bully teams'? Just going to drop this here and leave it alone. We are the BULLY! Every team in our division is looking at us as their goal. They want what we have. They are the jealous little brothers, not bullies.

BlackAndGold
12-16-2016, 02:15 PM
Looks like everyone is ready to go on the injury list, besides DHB and Thomas

- - - Updated - - -

And seems like AJ Green won't play.

teegre
12-16-2016, 02:24 PM
I can't predict who is going to win or which players will do well. The one thing I can predict with 100% accuracy is Harrison will be held during the game many times without a flag.

My dad & I have discussed this a lot... because, on almost any given play, Harrison is being held (and my dad goes apeshit).

We've come to the conclusion that Harrison suffers from the "Big Ben rule." BB can get hit well after the play and/or in the head... and the ref's reaction is essentially: "Ben is big; he can take it. So, we sort of have to allow those types of hits."

Likewise, with Harrison, the refs think: "Harrison is so much stronger than everyone else, we sort of have to allow the O-linemen to hold him."

Iron Steeler
12-16-2016, 02:35 PM
Nobody get scared. even if the steelers lose and the ravens win this week, the steelers still control their own destiny. Here is my theory. If I'm the steelers, i try my very best to win this game. reason being, if philadelphia does somethine amazing and beats the ravens, all you have to do is beat the browns on the last day of the year to win the division. given the ravens propensity to injure people, and desire to do so, i might just rest my starters on Christmas day and then really tee off on the browns.

I feel your pain I hate the Ravens too. They have had our number in the last 2 years. But I hope that we all remember not to start peaking ahead at Chistmas day because we have to face the Bengals THIS SUNDAY. This worries me because we are in the social media era and it is easy for our young players to get distracted.

Please Mike Tomlin, dont make this a trap game

Renegade
12-17-2016, 03:27 AM
With Joey Porter, We were the bullies. Even Hines Ward referenced the ravens as a bullying group. Even though I like to look ahead at different scenarios that might make things easier for us (like an eagles win and the situations that might present), I hope the players on the steelers do not do that. The bengals are without AJ Green and the defense of the steelers has been great. No reason for our heroes to lose this game.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-17-2016, 05:09 AM
My dad & I have discussed this a lot... because, on almost any given play, Harrison is being held (and my dad goes apeshit).

We've come to the conclusion that Harrison suffers from the "Big Ben rule." BB can get hit well after the play and/or in the head... and the ref's reaction is essentially: "Ben is big; he can take it. So, we sort of have to allow those types of hits."

Likewise, with Harrison, the refs think: "Harrison is so much stronger than everyone else, we sort of have to allow the O-linemen to hold him." Yep that is it and posted on here before about it. Been watching football since the 70's and never seen a pass rusher that was that unstoppable like him. It's sad the NFL's answer for the last 6 years is let him get held on every play. Sad might ruin his chance at the HOF and really believe he had a shot at being the all time sack leader in the league.

teegre
12-17-2016, 09:43 AM
Yep that is it and posted on here before about it. Been watching football since the 70's and never seen a pass rusher that was that unstoppable like him. It's sad the NFL's answer for the last 6 years is let him get held on every play. Sad might ruin his chance at the HOF and really believe he had a shot at being the all time sack leader in the league.

Yep.
In 2010, no one was able to stop Harrison. No one. Then, Roger started levying fines, changing the way that Harrison had to play. It's also the same time that holds starting being "overlooked".

I've never seen one player targeted so much since Mel Blount ...although, the rules set forth to stop Blount were fair (because, those new rules affected every CB).

st33lersguy
12-17-2016, 01:51 PM
Yep.
In 2010, no one was able to stop Harrison. No one. Then, Roger started levying fines, changing the way that Harrison had to play. It's also the same time that holds starting being "overlooked".

I've never seen one player targeted so much since Mel Blount ...although, the rules set forth to stop Blount were fair (because, those new rules affected every CB).

I actually remember the refs not calling obvious holding on him before 2010, as early as 2008

fansince'76
12-17-2016, 02:01 PM
I actually remember the refs not calling obvious holding on him before 2010, as early as 2008

Yep. During his DPOY season (2008), he didn't draw one holding call until the 8th game of the season. Not one. And he was being held constantly.

teegre
12-17-2016, 02:37 PM

True.

See: the infamous David Garrard 29-yard run in the 2007 playoffs.

GBMelBlount
12-17-2016, 03:05 PM
True.

See: the infamous David Garrard 29-yard run in the 2007 playoffs.

Yep. Pretty flagrant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4MV5gCkQAY&spfreload=5

Hawkman
12-17-2016, 03:54 PM
Yep. Pretty flagrant.

I've seen much worse on him over the years.

teegre
12-17-2016, 04:06 PM
Yep. Pretty flagrant.

Watching that is like sticking a knife in my heart.

4th-&-2... Harrison is in position to tackle Garrard for a loss and end the game... HOLD!!! :no:

tube517
12-23-2016, 04:06 PM

https://s32.postimg.org/m7lst7051/image.png Der Komissar.

EDIT: More bullshit

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/12/steelers-gilbert-tuitt-fined-actions-bengals-game/