PDA

View Full Version : Heroes/Goats in Buffalo.

Edman
12-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Steelers win 27-20 in Buffalo in a game that wasn't that close.

Mike Tomlin wins his 100th game as Steelers Coach.

Steelers move to 8-5.

Only one true hero in this game: Le'Veon Bell. 236 Yards on the ground.

fansince'76
12-11-2016, 03:20 PM
Defense is getting better and better. Buffalo really didn't do much of anything offensively until the defense began to let up.

pczach
12-11-2016, 05:34 PM
I thought Tomlin had a very good game plan. I like the way he allowed the offense to come out in hurry up. It set the tone for the game. He also had a very good challenge on an incomplete pass. The sign of good coaching is when a team continues to improve over the course of the season. The Steelers are getting better, and all the young players are improving and making plays.

Bell is the clear star of the game. He is amazing in all phases of the game. You almost can't overstate how great this guy is.

The offensive line was dynamite today.

Nix and all other blockers were outstanding today.

The defense looked great for much of the game. They got pressure on the quarterback all day, and controlled the best running team in the NFL. Having Dupree back is a revelation. Our young secondary is getting better and better. Watching Burns, Davis and Cockrell become very competent defenders and making plays while only having five combined years of NFL experience should have everyone excited about the future of this secondary and the team in general.

It was a great win, even though they should have probably won by at least 3 touchdowns with the way they dominated the game.

Ben didn't have a good day today. He needs to do better than that and he will. Not all of it was his fault, but he made a bunch of mistakes today.

The team needs to keep winning to control their own destiny. Good job all around today.

WCSteeler
12-11-2016, 05:56 PM
Bell looked dominant and Burns/Davis showed that rookies are making big contributions.
Ben looked awful again on the road,that could become a huge problem if they are on the road in the playoffs

Count Steeler
12-11-2016, 06:02 PM
Bell, ring that Bell.

Passing game was off, but the conditions were not made for the passing game.

Defense continues to improve when there is a real pass rush. When Butler calls off the dogs, the D becomes real ordinary in a real hurry.

The Bark
12-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Hero: Bell.

Goat: Ben doing his best Landry Jones impersonation, getting intercepted three times, twice in the red zone with one being in the end-zone.

How about Bud? I thought he had three sacks, but the stats only show two.

stillers4me
12-12-2016, 05:24 AM
I only got to see the second half due to extenuating circumstances that piss me off too much to talk about. :lol:

Oh young LeVeon....what you can accomplish of you can stay off the wacky weed.:retire:

What the hell is up with Ben? :wtf:

By jove, I think we have a winner with Artie Burns. Can't wait to see how he develops in the next couple of years! :hippo:

zulater
12-12-2016, 01:15 PM
I only got to see the second half due to extenuating circumstances that piss me off too much to talk about. :lol:

Oh young LeVeon....what you can accomplish of you can stay off the wacky weed.:retire:

What the hell is up with Ben? :wtf:

By jove, I think we have a winner with Artie Burns. Can't wait to see how he develops in the next couple of years! :hippo:

Regarding Ben. Two of the interceptions were a direct result of an obvious miscommunication with his intended receiver. Also the weather wasn't conducive to the passing game.

I know it wasn't your contention, but to the poster who compared Ben's day to Landry Jones. You really think Bell is going to get those sort of running lanes if the Bills didn't have the sort of respect they did for Ben? Also of the Steelers 24 first downs 9 were converted via the passing game. The Steelers kept the sticks moving all day and kept the Bills offense off the field because the Bills couldn't sell out to shut down Bell exclusively. So yeah his stats weren't good, and the game could have been put away earlier. But the fact is Ben was part of a 460 yard offensive effort. There was never any real doubt who would win. I really don't get the butt hurt over Ben's game by people who should know better .

steel striker
12-12-2016, 02:43 PM
What a game by Bell and the oline Artie Burns. No doubt Ben had a off day but, not all of them were on him. It was nice to see Ben did not have a hero game for the steelers to win. Lets hope that's the last game Ben plays like that because, the steelers can't afford a slip up now.