PDA

View Full Version : Game Ball

Shoes
12-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Game ball to Bell, O-Line & D

Goat to Ben, 4 interceptions and two other that the Bills dropped.

Iron Steeler
12-11-2016, 03:18 PM
No brainer.. BELL... guy looked like a cheat code ina video game out there

fansince'76
12-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Bell and defense for the game balls.

It's nice to know they still have the ability to win when Ben has a bad game. It's been a long time since that has been the case.

DesertSteel
12-11-2016, 03:26 PM
Game ball to Bell, O-Line & D

Goat to Ben, 4 interceptions and two other that the Bills dropped.
While Ben did suck today, he only had THREE int's not four. That said, I'm not worried about him. Just glad he's healthy for the final stretch.

fansince'76
12-11-2016, 03:28 PM
Another non-losing season for Cool Shades. :chuckle:

DesertSteel
12-11-2016, 03:29 PM
Sure wish we could put a team away and not have games come down to on-side kicks. Not sure what happens in the final stages of the game that causes this...

SteelerFanInStl
12-11-2016, 03:29 PM
While Ben did suck today, he only had THREE int's not four. That said, I'm not worried about him. Just glad he's healthy for the final stretch.
Two of the ints weren't even his fault so people need to get off their soap box and go cry about something else.

tube517
12-11-2016, 03:33 PM
Game Ball: He Shall Be Le'Veon....Munchak and the O-line. Injury to your vet LG? Somebody else steps in. Been the case all year and since Munchak has been here.
Defense for making plays when Ben stunk today.

Goat: Ben. He ain't perfect but still my QB

lotas
12-11-2016, 03:34 PM
I don't think Ben played as poorly as his stat line read.

Props to Bell, Finney, and Boswell on O

Shazier, Cockrell and Tuitt on D

Great team win all around. It wasn't perfect or pretty but they never lost control of the game and they closed it out when necessary.

Special shout out to Special Teams and Roosey Nix...that was beautiful ST play.

tube517
12-11-2016, 03:34 PM

Shhhhh.....that doesn't count because Deebo, Greg Warren, and Ben are still Cowher's players. :chuckle:

st33lersguy
12-11-2016, 03:35 PM
Game ball: Bell, O-line, defense for the first 3 quarters. AB deserves mention for what was a productive day given how poorly Ben played and how often Bell was given the ball as does automatic Bo$well

Goats: Ben who single-handedly kept the game competitive and the 4th quarter defense which gave up too many big plays while in a situation where the Bills needed big plays to stay alive

ALLD
12-11-2016, 03:44 PM
Bell gets the GB with 300 yds and 3 TDs. Ben was off and it could have had something to do with the weather. He did a great job of handing the ball off to the GB winner.

tube517
12-11-2016, 03:53 PM

Dayum!

43Hitman
12-11-2016, 03:58 PM
Game Ball: Oline, Nix, BELL

Goat: Ben (The guy just had an off day, I can accept it, we're all human after all).

Quote of the day from Bills message board: http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?536759-Not-happy

Shotgunner: "We get owned by the NFL

Which is unfortunate since we only play NFL teams."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

steelerdude15
12-11-2016, 03:59 PM
Le'Veon, the o-line, and the defense get my game balls.

86WARD
12-11-2016, 04:23 PM
This may have been the clearest and easiest GB/G of all season.

GB - Bell and Defense
Goat - Ben

Shoes
12-11-2016, 04:25 PM

My bad, he *only had THREE* I'm not concerned about him having a bad game, but his play kept the Bills in the game when they shouldn't have been. I think Bell's use was over the limit today.

Born2Steel
12-11-2016, 06:49 PM
Bell gets the game ball, obviously. 300 yards of total offense all on #26. I don't do/try not to do game goats. It's a team effort out there. Ben had one of his worse games statistically, but that was not throwing weather out there. I think the Bills only attempted something like a dozen passes total. That should speak for the conditions. Bell, Bell, and more Bell. Awesome win guys. Went 1-0 this week just like we planned.

86WARD
12-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Bell in company with O.J. Simpson and Jim Brown with most total yards from scrimmage in the first 10 games.

86WARD
12-11-2016, 07:49 PM
Also: Bell is 50 yards away from tying Ezekiel Elliot in yards from scrimmage this season after being suspended the first 3 games.

Hawkman
12-11-2016, 08:55 PM

Asshole!!:lol::lol:

teegre
12-11-2016, 08:56 PM
Game ball my ass!!! All of you do realize that Bell did NOT get 300 yards; he was two yards short.

Come on!!! :mad: Eddie Lacy would have gotten those extra two yards.

fansince'76
12-11-2016, 08:58 PM

That's nothing more than an ad hominem...based on a straw man... :hippo: :poker: :bond:

:chuckle:

teegre
12-11-2016, 08:59 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCFowMpLmAc

Steel Peon
12-11-2016, 09:22 PM
As if it needed to be said, Bell was the main star today along with a nod to his supporting cast.

Ben did an impression of a goat, but didn't pull it all the way off......maybe the under-inflated balls from last week should be the goats?

fansince'76
12-11-2016, 10:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCFowMpLmAc

He'll always be "James Evans Sr." to me. :chuckle:

teegre
12-11-2016, 10:36 PM

The Millinials are like: "Who???"' :lol:

Born2Steel
12-11-2016, 10:47 PM

I love that the tv execs named his wife 'Florida'. :drink:

tube517
12-11-2016, 10:50 PM

The Millinials are like: "Who???"' :lol:

I love that the tv execs named his wife 'Florida'. :drink:

Damn, Damn, Damn!!!!!

Steeldude
12-11-2016, 11:26 PM
No brainer.. BELL... guy looked like a cheat code ina video game out there

Nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Goat: Bell :couch:

Haha

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-11-2016, 11:57 PM
The Millinials are like: "Who???"' :lol: He is still acting and been on a few episodes of season two of The Ranch on Netflix and still a big guy. Great show by the way and yes always James Evans SR to me as well.

12-12-2016, 12:05 AM
Nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha He did remind you today of Bo Jackson on Tecmo Bowl. Now if AB can play like Randy Moss on NFL 2K for the Sony Dreamcast we wouldn't even need to field a defense.

Craic
12-12-2016, 12:29 AM
Nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha

I just rewatched the game. I gotta say, while Bell played great - those linebackers and DBs in the early part of the game just dominated. If they can stay healthy, Shazier, Dupree, Burns, and Davis may be the core of this defense for the next decade (throw Tuitt in there as well).

Steeldude
12-12-2016, 06:52 AM

I just rewatched the game. I gotta say, while Bell played great - those linebackers and DBs in the early part of the game just dominated. If they can stay healthy, Shazier, Dupree, Burns, and Davis may be the core of this defense for the next decade (throw Tuitt in there as well).

The one thing I didn't like was Davis reverting back to shoulder tackling instead of wrapping up. He would have stopped that TD reception if he would have just tackled him by wrapping up. Shoulder tackling with your arms down by your side is a big pet peeve of mine on defense. Haha

Next draft I feel they are still going to need to draft an OLB and a CB/S in the early rounds. Harrison's impending retirement is going to be very difficult to overcome.

Iron Steeler
12-12-2016, 07:11 AM
Game ball my ass!!! All of you do realize that Bell did NOT get 300 yards; he was two yards short.

Come on!!! :mad: Eddie Lacy would have gotten those extra two yards.

Haha that was so me when we first drafted bell.

steel striker
12-12-2016, 02:47 PM
What a game by Bell and, the o-line great team win. Like may have mentioned nice to get a win when Ben has a bad game. Shazier & Burns, Cockrell, Boswell played well.

Craic
12-12-2016, 04:17 PM
The one thing I didn't like was Davis reverting back to shoulder tackling instead of wrapping up. He would have stopped that TD reception if he would have just tackled him by wrapping up. Shoulder tackling with your arms down by your side is a big pet peeve of mine on defense. Haha

Next draft I feel they are still going to need to draft an OLB and a CB/S in the early rounds. Harrison's impending retirement is going to be very difficult to overcome.

Not to mention literally knocking the CB off the tackle as well. That's what I refer to as "ESPNHits" - because big hits like that get you on highlight reels, never mind the five missed tackles before that. So, yeah, I completely agree. Outside of that that, however, he's been pretty impressive. Did very well up near the line and getting into the backfield when needed as well. I kind of wished we had this kid a few years ago so Troy could have mentored him.

Mojouw
12-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Not to mention literally knocking the CB off the tackle as well. That's what I refer to as "ESPNHits" - because big hits like that get you on highlight reels, never mind the five missed tackles before that. So, yeah, I completely agree. Outside of that that, however, he's been pretty impressive. Did very well up near the line and getting into the backfield when needed as well. I kind of wished we had this kid a few years ago so Troy could have mentored him.

Because of Troy's regular and consistent use of proper tackling form? Sorry! Just being a smart-ass. Of course Troy P would have been an ideal mentor for any up and coming safety.

But just sayin' that Troy used to tackle dudes by throwing random body parts into the path of the ballcarrier. I'm pretty sure he tackled about 6 guys a year with a flying hip-check!

http://d1jrw5jterzxwu.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/uploads/2011/11/pola-e1320859533162.jpeg

86WARD
12-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Polamalu was a terrible tackler. He got the job done but he's no example on how to tackle. He's actually far from it...lol.

st33lersguy
12-12-2016, 08:28 PM
Polamalu was a terrible tackler. He got the job done but he's no example on how to tackle. He's actually far from it...lol.

Polamalu was once-in-a-generation player who did things others couldn't. He could get away with it

teegre
12-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Polamalu was once-in-a-generation player who did things others couldn't. He could get away with it

Yep.
And, Barry Sanders couldn't block to save his life.

Mojouw
12-12-2016, 09:02 PM
Yep.
And, Barry Sanders couldn't block to save his life.

Yup. And Deion couldn't/wouldn't tackle.

tube517
12-12-2016, 09:44 PM

And Bob couldn't stay healthy.

And Ricky caught one from the Gipper.

And Manny liked Peyton more than Ben.

Any others left? :chuckle:

teegre
12-12-2016, 09:49 PM

Dexter Manley couldn't read.

(Ouch)

Mojouw
12-12-2016, 10:34 PM
Dexter Manley couldn't read.

(Ouch)

Lawrence Taylor couldn't quit hookers and cocaine?

We might be getting a bit far afield here...

teegre
12-13-2016, 06:11 AM
We might be getting a bit far afield here...

True... we have wandered off a tad. :lol:

Honestly, nothing is going to top the Deion Sanders example. Defensive coordinators knew that he could not (would not) help in run support (at all), but no one cared because Prime was the best shutdown corner to ever play.

(That said, I'll wrack my brain for another example.)

Craic
12-13-2016, 11:51 AM
Because of Troy's regular and consistent use of proper tackling form? Sorry! Just being a smart-ass. Of course Troy P would have been an ideal mentor for any up and coming safety.

But just sayin' that Troy used to tackle dudes by throwing random body parts into the path of the ballcarrier. I'm pretty sure he tackled about 6 guys a year with a flying hip-check!

http://d1jrw5jterzxwu.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/uploads/2011/11/pola-e1320859533162.jpeg

Honestly, the difference was that Troy would tackle that way not because he wanted to, but rather because he made some freakish play that got him close enough to throw his body at a guy when, in actuality, there was no reason in the world to believe he should have been close enough to even make a play.

My favorite Troy tackle: when he tackled a guy backwards. Anyone remember that? He was literally facing the opposite way, with his butt on the guy, reached behind him with both arms, and tackled the ball carrier.

EDIT: Just went back and watched a few vids of Troy. Interestingly, except when diving to cut a guy's legs out from under him, Troy usually reached to wrap. He often didn't actually wrap up a guy, but the arms were out and going that way.

Mojouw
12-13-2016, 01:20 PM

Honestly, the difference was that Troy would tackle that way not because he wanted to, but rather because he made some freakish play that got him close enough to throw his body at a guy when, in actuality, there was no reason in the world to believe he should have been close enough to even make a play.

My favorite Troy tackle: when he tackled a guy backwards. Anyone remember that? He was literally facing the opposite way, with his butt on the guy, reached behind him with both arms, and tackled the ball carrier.

EDIT: Just went back and watched a few vids of Troy. Interestingly, except when diving to cut a guy's legs out from under him, Troy usually reached to wrap. He often didn't actually wrap up a guy, but the arms were out and going that way.

I do remember that! I think you have hit on the most impressive thing about Troy P. Not only would he make plays that no one else could make, but he did it so routinely that it was too easy to forget that on some of the tackles he "missed", Troy was the only human being on the planet who could've even gotten in position to almost make the play!

Just an amazing career and sometime think I took too much of it for granted. He just made it all seem so normal and routine.

teegre
12-13-2016, 02:09 PM

2005 AFCCG against Denver

12-13-2016, 11:24 PM
We have been blessed over the years with not only leading with championships but the best players ever to play the game. Troy for sure and never seen a player like him and probably never will in this league. We have three playing now and Mr. Harrison is the best I ever seen getting to the QB ever till the league let him getting held on every play for the past 6 years. Then there is Bell and Brown who has a chance to go down as maybe the best ever to play at there positions. Not to mention we have a HOF QB to watch now in Ben. Not even bring up the 70's Steelers and still we have been blessed!

43Hitman
12-16-2016, 08:07 PM
^^Amen to that ^^