PDA

View Full Version : Road to the playoffs: Who do we root for/ against to help the Steelers?

Iron Steeler
12-09-2016, 09:44 AM
Since KC won last night against OAK, I am completely confused on all of our scenerios to the playoffs. I was rooting hard against KC to lose 2 games down the stretch to hopefully have a wild cars spot for insurance.

I understand if we win out we are in.
Could someone help me understand the other scenerios to the playoffs?

Teegre , I am kinda volleying this one up for you.

steelreserve
12-09-2016, 11:22 AM
I think we mainly want the Donkeys to lose because they're a game ahead of us and the Dolphins to lose because they have the tiebreaker over us. Other than that, just don't fuck up ourselves.

Oh, and the Patriots to lose every game for the next 50 years regardless.

teegre
12-09-2016, 12:15 PM
Here we go...

NOTE: I'll start art with the two teams from the AFC East.

The Bills play: Steelers, Browns, Dolphins, Jets.
They will beat the Browns and Jets;so, the Dolphin game is the interesting one.

The Dolphins play: Cards, Jets, Bills, Taperiots.
Obviously, root for the Cards (no brainier there). The Dolphins will beat the Jets, and unfortunately, if the Taperiots already have their seeding wrapped up, they might "give" that game to the Dolphins.

Sooo... Bills-Dolphins.

Assuming that we beat the Bills, they would end up 8-7... making them (at best) 9-7... with us us holding the tie-breaker. Under the above assumptions, the Dolphins could easily be 10-5. Thus, GO BILLS!!!

Oh... and root for the Jets to upset both of them.

Born2Steel
12-09-2016, 12:43 PM
AFC South: needs to remain .500. 8-8/9-7 team takes the division. No wildcard.
AFC West: KC/Raiders win the division, 2nd place team gets a wildcard spot.
AFC East: Pats win the division.
AFC North: Steelers win out and win the division.

Broncos could easily lose their last 4 games. @TN, NE, @KC, Oak.
KC and Oak should both end up 13-3 w/KC owning the head to heads.

NE will win the East again. Duh.
Bills play Steelers, Browns, Dolphins, and @Jets. Must win out.
Dolphins play AZ, @Jets, @Bills, NE. Beat the Bills earlier. Could likely finish with 10 wins.

TN plays Den, @KC, @Jax, Hou. Most likely 8-8 finish.
Hou plays @Colts, Jax, Bengals, @TN. I predict 7-9 finish.
Colts play Hou, @Vikes, @Oak, Jax. Most likely 8-8 finish. Colts own the head to heads w/TN.

Steelers win out. @Bills, @Bengals, Ravens, Browns. 11-5 predicted finish.
Ravens play @NE, Philly, @STEELERS, @Bengals. 8-8/9-7 predicted finish.

2nd wildcard goes to 10-6 Dolphins or 9-7 Ravens. If both finish 9-7, Ravens have the tie breaker. Dolphins win 10 games and they're in.

Rotorhead
12-09-2016, 12:56 PM
I think we want the Pats to get the #1 seed (have to get that taste out of my mouth . . .). If we win out we will be the #3 seed. So assuming we win our home playoff game against whoever, we will then head to the #2 seed (which will probably be the Chiefs in this scenario). Then whoever is left will play the Pats. That gives one more game for the Pats to possibly lose (I am guessing it will be either Oakland or Denver depending on how the AFC West shakes out). I guess then, I would hope for the Broncos to play the AFC S team (Houston is what I am guessing) so they will play the Pats (they have def to match up to the Pats better than anyone). The Chiefs are playing the best right now, but either way, we will be playing 2 AFC W teams on the way to the SB, 3 if one of them beats the Pats. Take your pick on who you want to see.

86WARD
12-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Steelers won't win out. It's not in their nature at this juncture.

lipps83
12-09-2016, 06:49 PM

Exactly. I expect them to drop one more. Probably to either Browns or Bengals since they are the only remaining opponents below .500.

tube517
12-09-2016, 08:40 PM

:chuckle:

st33lersguy
12-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Wildcard is probably out of the picture, and frankly, if the Steelers don't win this weak-assed division, they probably don't deserve to make it in anyway. As for the remaining games, I don't think I need to say that every game is important, however, the division games are must-win games. If they lose any of those games, they risk losing the division tie-breaker, and if they lose to the Ratturds on Christmas day, their season is done.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-09-2016, 09:54 PM
:chuckle: Kinda agree with it and said they will probably lose one more. If they do most likely this week in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Wildcard is probably out of the picture, and frankly, if the Steelers don't win this weak-assed division, they probably don't deserve to make it in anyway. As for the remaining games, I don't think I need to say that every game is important, however, the division games are must-win games. If they lose any of those games, they risk losing the division tie-breaker, and if they lose to the Ratturds on Christmas day, their season is done. Way to early to count them out of a chance for that.

teegre
12-10-2016, 12:08 AM
To clarify...
Winning the division is (obviously) the main priority. The Steelers control their own destiny in that regard.

That said, for all of the dark clouds out there (which reside in the middle of silver linings), let us assume that the Steelers lose a game... The Steelers can still win the division, as long as a) the Steelers beat the Ravens, and b) the Ravens also lose a game (Go Taperiots!!!).

teegre
12-10-2016, 12:20 AM
As far as the Wild Card goes...

Broncos: Titans, Taperiots, Chiefs, Raidahs.
Since the Steelers have almost no chance of catching the Tapes and/or Raidahs, having both of those team win out helps us (and eliminates the Broncos... and the Ravens).

Chiefs:
We hold the tie-breaker, but the Panthers and Falcons games basically screwed any chance we have of catching them. Still possible, but unlikely. Then again, Go Raidahs!!!... Go Titans!!!... beat the Broncos... Go Chargers!!!

Just in case... Raidahs:
We need them to beat the Chiefs and Broncos, but it would be nice if the lost to the Chargers and Colts.

The AFC South:
The Titans, Texans, and Colts are all 6-6. The best record that they can get us 10-6. The play each other; having them all which will eliminate one another. Just like in the Jets in the AFC East, having the Jaguars beat one (or all three) of them helps us/essentially eliminates them from the wild card (when paired with the other division losses).

teegre
12-10-2016, 12:41 AM
Go Chargers:
Raidahs, Chiefs

Go Jets:
Dolphins, Taperiots, Bills

Go Jaguars:
Texans, Colts, Titans

12-10-2016, 02:04 AM
To clarify...
Winning the division is (obviously) the main priority. The Steelers control their own destiny in that regard.

That said, for all of the dark clouds out there (which reside in the middle of silver linings), let us assume that the Steelers lose a game... The Steelers can still win the division, as long as a) the Steelers beat the Ravens, and b) the Ravens also lose a game (Go Taperiots!!!). Which I think winning the division is probably what will happen but to say with 5 or 6 games to play they have not shot at a wild card is asinine. Reason I say 5 or 6 is because they was saying that then. Still think it's asinine with 4 games left and wont know what happens to the last two weeks or even the last week!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Teegre for help explaining things!

teegre
12-10-2016, 08:43 AM
Which I think winning the division is probably what will happen but to say with 5 or 6 games to play they have not shot at a wild card is asinine. Reason I say 5 or 6 is because they was saying that then. Still think it's asinine with 4 games left and wont know what happens to the last two weeks or even the last week!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Teegre for help explaining things!

Exactly.
I remember week 16 of the 1989 season, where FIVE teams had to lose in order for the Steelers to make the playoffs... and it happened. So, like you said: with 4 (or 6) games left, the Wild Card race is far from over. Case in point: on Wednesday night, the Raidahs were the #1 seed... and now, it is possibly that they drop out of the playoffs.

Furthermore, the other three divisions each play their own divisions. So, while someone will win, someone will also lose. What is optimal is for one team in those divisions (the current highest seed) to win out/eliminate the lower seeds. For example, the Taperiots beating the Dolphins and Bills.

(You're more than welcome.)

Iron Steeler
12-10-2016, 10:13 AM
Damn i didn't realize that the Bills are still in it for the playoffs. This away game in Buffalo is going to be rough . And added element of snow.90% chance of snow tomorrow in Buffalo.

Born2Steel
12-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Damn i didn't realize that the Bills are still in it for the playoffs. This away game in Buffalo is going to be rough . And added element of snow.90% chance of snow tomorrow in Buffalo.

Every game is a tough one. I think snow will help us more. Ben knows where AB will be. Snow slows down running QBs and hopefully Shady as well. James and Green should both have huge games as well. Looking forward to this.

Iron Steeler
12-10-2016, 11:53 AM
Every game is a tough one. I think snow will help us more. Ben knows where AB will be. Snow slows down running QBs and hopefully Shady as well. James and Green should both have huge games as well. Looking forward to this.

Hope your right, i don't recall leveon in snow games for the steelers but I am sure being a Michigan State alum hes got a good set of snow tires on him.

BadBoy
12-10-2016, 12:06 PM
It's really only one game(against Miami) that has everyone thinking that the Ratbirds are contenders

Joe flacco and that offense will fold from here on out

st33lersguy
12-10-2016, 01:15 PM
It's really only one game(against Miami) that has everyone thinking that the Ratbirds are contenders

Joe flacco and that offense will fold from here on out

Miami has been choking in December every year in the 21st century anyway, so they may be looking at yet another December swoon

Iron Steeler
12-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Lets run the TABLE!!!

Psycho Ward 86
12-10-2016, 04:34 PM
pray that the raiders/chiefs overtake the patriots as the #1 seed. gillette stadium is just a bitch to play at

86WARD
12-10-2016, 04:59 PM
pray that the raiders/chiefs overtake the patriots as the #1 seed. gillette stadium is just a bitch to play at

If the Raiders would've won, they would've been the one seed.

teegre
12-10-2016, 05:14 PM

True.

That said, the Steelers' most certain route to the playoffs is to win the AFC North... which would be the #3 seed. The #3 seed can only play the #1 seed in the AFCCG. Thus, maybe one of the other seeds knocks off the Taperiots (in the divisional round).

Probably not, and at some point, we'll likely have to play in Gillette Stadium... but you never know.

Craic
12-10-2016, 09:27 PM

Nope. I want them as the #1 seed. Why? Because I'm still holding out hope (as small as it may be) that we get the number 2 seed. Here's hoping Denver's only loss is to the Pats*, and then the chargers decided to play spoiler and win weeks 15 and 17. Likely? Nope. But still worth hoping for, and not completely out of the picture, either.

Born2Steel
12-10-2016, 09:31 PM
To beat 'the Brady', in his own lair, with his chieftain, Bellicheater, grousing up and down the sideline, is the ambition of every Steeler. To do it in the playoffs, the AFCCG even, would be a treat straight from heaven. I say LET'S DO IT!!!!!

Seriously, win the games in front of us and nothing else matters. Unfortunately, we have to root for the Pats to win out and keep the number 1 seed. The Chiefs, with 2 wins over the Raiders, are the most likely 2 seed. Steelers win out and take the 3rd seed. Leaves the Colts, via tie breakers, as the 4th seed. The 5th and 6th seed candidates are the Dolphins, Raiders, and Ravens, then the rest with possibilities. Point is, win the games on the schedule. This week that's Buffalo.

Steelermania
12-11-2016, 04:58 PM
Right now, we are the 3 seed. If the Rats win tomorrow, they become the 3 seed, and we become the 6 seed. In a 3 way tie with Denver, and Miami, we win the tiebreaker. We win any one to one tie with Denver (conf record), but of course lose a two team tie with Miami. Basically, if we finish 10-6, but lose the division to the Rats, we will either need for Miami to finish 9-7 or worse, Denver to lose at least one more, and if Miami is 10-6, we need for Denver to be 10-6 as well. Because Tenn and Houston play each other, the loser cannon reach 10 wins, so we don't have to worry about either of them.

Mojouw
12-11-2016, 05:29 PM
Right now, we are the 3 seed. If the Rats win tomorrow, they become the 3 seed, and we become the 6 seed. In a 3 way tie with Denver, and Miami, we win the tiebreaker. We win any one to one tie with Denver (conf record), but of course lose a two team tie with Miami. Basically, if we finish 10-6, but lose the division to the Rats, we will either need for Miami to finish 9-7 or worse, Denver to lose at least one more, and if Miami is 10-6, we need for Denver to be 10-6 as well. Because Tenn and Houston play each other, the loser cannon reach 10 wins, so we don't have to worry about either of them.

Miami will no longer be a concern. Tannehill ripped up his knee late in the win against Arizona this afternoon. Matt Moore ain't winning many ballgames.

Denver is on life support. Their defense is still capable of shutting down anyone in the game. But that offense is bad. Like really bad.

As long as the Steelers win 2 of the last 3, I am confident they will make the play-offs. 3 of 3 would be ideal...

BadBoy
12-11-2016, 05:33 PM
Just win

Count Steeler
12-11-2016, 06:39 PM
True.

That said, the Steelers' most certain route to the playoffs is to win the AFC North... which would be the #3 seed. The #3 seed can only play the #1 seed in the AFCCG. Thus, maybe one of the other seeds knocks off the Taperiots (in the divisional round).

Probably not, and at some point, we'll likely have to play in Gillette Stadium... but you never know.

We should start petitioning the NFL now so that we can use our own radio equipment in Gillette stadium.

hawaiiansteeler
12-11-2016, 06:58 PM

it is what it is, obviously the expectation level is very high. we accept that and embrace the challenge in front of us, it's a war of attrition and we fully expect our final three games to be classic AFC North warfare...

tube517
12-11-2016, 07:01 PM
it is what it is, obviously the expectation level is very high. we accept that and embrace the challenge in front of us, it's a war of attrition and we fully expect our final three games to be classic AFC North warfare...

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/49925/Mike_Tomlin_3.jpg :hippo: :cool: :bond:

teegre
12-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Put a fork in the Broncos.

The Dolphins lost their QB. Done.

The Bills cannot (realistically) catch us.

That leaves the Ravens, Raidahs, and Chiefs.

12-11-2016, 09:09 PM

That leaves the Ravens, Raidahs, and Chiefs. If that is the case Pitt needs to win 2 out of the next 3 and are in as a wild card. Figuring Ravens win the division and either Chiefs and Raiders got to win the other division.

12-11-2016, 09:16 PM
Worse case of course.

86WARD
12-11-2016, 09:22 PM

QFT!!! Lol.

teegre
12-11-2016, 09:31 PM
If that is the case Pitt needs to win 2 out of the next 3 and are in as a wild card. Figuring Ravens win the division and either Chiefs and Raiders got to win the other division.

Exactly.
Two wins essentially gets them in... but, obviously, we're all rooting for three wins (which 100% guarantees the AFC North title).

Psycho Ward 86
12-11-2016, 10:09 PM

That leaves the Ravens, Raidahs, and Chiefs.

i agree with this. the chiefs and raiders are in the same division so if were talking wildcard races id take one of those out. That leaves the raiders and ravens. if we lose to the ravens, were taking that slot. I think both the steelers and ravens will make the playoffs. the question is who will win the divison

Steelermania
12-11-2016, 11:07 PM
i agree with this. the chiefs and raiders are in the same division so if were talking wildcard races id take one of those out. That leaves the raiders and ravens. if we lose to the ravens, were taking that slot. I think both the steelers and ravens will make the playoffs. the question is who will win the divison

Yep! Win, and the first playoff game is likely the Rats at home. Lose, and we'll likely be headed to Baltimore.

teegre
12-12-2016, 09:37 PM
The Ravens are losing.

If that stands, and the Steelers beat the Ravens, the Steelers only need one other win (either Cincy or Cleveland) in order to win the division.

The bad news:
Even if the Steelers beat the Ravens head-to-head, any TIE goes to the Ravens. Thankfully, in that scenario, a TIE would require that the Steelers lose to BOTH Cindy and Cleveland (which isn't happening).

SUMMATION:
The AFC North will be decided (almost literally) on Christmas Day.

teegre
12-12-2016, 09:54 PM
23-3... and then in 14 seconds, everything changes.

The Ravens got back-to-back special teams turnovers.

23-17 WTF!?! :scared:

st33lersguy
12-12-2016, 10:02 PM

Only the Ravens have that kind of bullshit luck

st33lersguy
12-12-2016, 10:51 PM
New England won thank god.

fansince'76
12-12-2016, 10:52 PM
New England won thank god.

http://blog.tnsemployeeinsights.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/ChristmasStory-SoapMouth-400x300.jpg

:chuckle:

Iron Steeler
12-12-2016, 11:01 PM
Yeh too close for comfort.

But were are in good position now.

Could possibly get number 2 seed if we win out and get lucky if KC drops 2 games

pczach
12-13-2016, 05:19 AM

The worst feeling in the world is hoping a team you hate to your core wins to help your own team. Usually, I watch Patriots games hoping they get beat, and they are an efficient machine. They make no mistakes, get no penalties called against them, and seem to get every break imaginable.........until I need them to win. It's excruciating! :lol:

teegre
12-13-2016, 06:27 AM
The worst feeling in the world is hoping a team you hate to your core wins to help your own team. Usually, I watch Patriots games hoping they get beat, and they are an efficient machine. They make no mistakes, get no penalties called against them, and seem to get every break imaginable.........until I need them to win. It's excruciating! :lol:

Yep. I took a shower after that game. Alas, my soul still feels dirty.

Shoes
12-13-2016, 07:59 AM
Yep. I took a shower after that game. Alas, my soul still feels dirty.

Tell me about it, I had wet mouth, you know the feeling you have before one barfs.

Born2Steel
12-13-2016, 10:06 AM
It didn't bother me one bit. The enemy of my enemy, and such. That said, I hope the Pats lose 4 in a row now.

Iron Steeler
12-13-2016, 01:02 PM
Ok so:

Raiders lose out.
CHEIFS lose to chargers and broncos
We win out.

#2 seed is ours

Its thay simple geez

st33lersguy
12-13-2016, 01:17 PM
If the Steelers win their next 2 games, the division is theirs

teegre
12-13-2016, 02:17 PM
If the Steelers win their next 2 games, the division is theirs

Yep.
If the Steelers beat the Ravens, the Steelers only need one other win (either Cincy or Cleveland) in order to win the division.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so:

Raiders lose out.
CHEIFS lose to chargers and broncos
We win out.

#2 seed is ours

Its thay simple geez

What sucks about that is... the Broncos.

If the Steelers do not win the division, then they'd need the Raidahs and the Chiefs to beat the Broncos (in order to drop the Broncos out of the Wild Card race).

But... if the Steelers do indeed win the division, then they'd need the Raidahs and the Chiefs to lose to the Broncos (in order to get the #2 seed).

Shoes
12-13-2016, 02:19 PM
There is no way we should lose to the Ravens. Brady beat them with no-name receivers and without Gronk!

teegre
12-13-2016, 02:24 PM
It didn't bother me one bit. The enemy of my enemy, and such.

Sort of like how diarrhea is the enemy of constipation. :lol:

pczach
12-13-2016, 04:35 PM
Sort of like how diarrhea is the enemy of constipation. :lol:

You are a true wordsmith my friend. :chuckle:

12-13-2016, 11:30 PM
It didn't bother me one bit. The enemy of my enemy, and such. That said, I hope the Pats lose 4 in a row now. Me either and hate the Pats but didn't bother me. I was more pissed because I thought they was going to give the game away at the end.

Hawkman
12-18-2016, 04:18 PM
Damn the Eagles, the game didn't mean anything, so they tried to go for two to win instead of getting the game tying extra point, to go into overtime.

Rooting for San Diego, but I'm not sure if I can root for NE...again.

teegre
12-18-2016, 04:38 PM
Damn the Eagles, the game didn't mean anything, so they tried to go for two to win instead of getting the game tying extra point, to go into overtime.

Rooting for San Diego, but I'm not sure if I can root for NE...again.

The Chiefs lost.

Bolts are winning... but, it's early.

We need the Broncos to beat both of them (in order to get the #2 seed). But... just in case, we need them to lose to the Taperiots. So... Go Tapes!!!

SteelerFanInStl
12-18-2016, 04:39 PM
We just need to win out. That's really all that I care about. Take care of our own business.

teegre
12-18-2016, 05:50 PM
We just need to win out. That's really all that I care about. Take care of our own business.

No doubt.

But, it's fun to have a rooting interest in some of the other games.

st33lersguy
12-18-2016, 06:36 PM
Raiders won and are in the playoffs. Congrats to silver and black. Quite the turnaround

teegre
12-18-2016, 09:58 PM
Let's assume that the Steelers beat the Browns. That is 10 wins.

The Bills and Colts can't catch us. So, the Bills beating the Dolphin, and the Colts beating the Raidahs help us (Wild Card and the race for the #2 seed). NOTE: The Bills will beat the Jets, and the Colts will beat the Jags. 9-7 for both teams... and out of the playoffs.

The Dolphins need to lose to both the Bills AND Taperiots. Otherwise, they almost assuredly will be the #6 seed.

Likewise, the Chiefs would need to lose both games in order to drop out of the Wild Card race.

SUMMATION:
The Dolphins falling out of contention is our only "realistic" hope (if we lose to the Ravens), because the Chiefs only need one win in order to make the playoffs.

BUT... if we win out, we ARE the #3 seed at worst. For the #2 seed, the Chiefs and Raiders need to lose both games... it's still possible, but not likely.

Make sense?

Dolphins lose.
Chiefs lose.
Raidahs lose.
(Taperiots win.)

Iron Steeler
12-18-2016, 10:13 PM
:noidea: tegree ill take your word for it lol.

#2 seed would be a blessing!

teegre
12-18-2016, 10:20 PM
:noidea: tegree ill take your word for it lol.

#2 seed would be a blessing!

It's not likely... but, possible.

Either way (Wild Card or #2 seed) KC losing out helps us.

SteelerFanInStl
12-19-2016, 08:12 AM
You can pretty much be assured that the Pats will rest everyone week 17 against the Dolphins and will lose.

fansince'76
12-19-2016, 08:16 AM
You can pretty much be assured that the Pats will rest everyone week 17 against the Dolphins and will lose.

They can't really afford to do that if the Raiders win next week.

SteelerFanInStl
12-19-2016, 12:18 PM
They can't really afford to do that if the Raiders win next week.

Do the Raiders have the tie breaker over the Pats? The Pats will beat the Jets easily so they'll be 13-2 going into the final game.

fansince'76
12-19-2016, 12:28 PM
Do the Raiders have the tie breaker over the Pats? The Pats will beat the Jets easily so they'll be 13-2 going into the final game.

It's my understanding that the Raiders hold the tiebreaker if both teams finish 13-3.

SteelerFanInStl
12-19-2016, 12:31 PM
It's my understanding that the Raiders hold the tiebreaker if both teams finish 13-3.

Then that would definitely give them something to play for. That's good news for us.

Mojouw
12-19-2016, 12:36 PM

Dinking around with this http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

If NE and Raiders finish tied there is a version where the Raiders take the one seed. I think NE has to lose to Miami for it to happen.

AtlantaDan
12-19-2016, 12:39 PM
Steelers loss to Ravens this Sunday then will require rooting for the Bengals at home in week 17 against the Ravens - I would prefer to pass on that opportunity

Hawkman
12-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Steelers loss to Ravens this Sunday then will require rooting for the Bengals at home in week 17 against the Ravens - I would prefer to pass on that opportunity

Agreed! I think I'd have to take a Clorox bath after rooting an entire game for the Bengals.:no::puke:

SteelerFanInStl
12-19-2016, 04:39 PM

If that happens, I don't think that the Bengals are going to put any effort in to beating the Ravens. I think that they'd rather see us miss the playoffs than get that win. That's how much we're in their heads.

st33lersguy
12-19-2016, 05:16 PM
If that happens, I don't think that the Bengals are going to put any effort in to beating the Ravens. I think that they'd rather see us miss the playoffs than get that win. That's how much we're in their heads.

That and the fact that they are losers with no character

Hawkman
12-19-2016, 05:23 PM

I don't see them folding their tents against another AFC north team. The Bengals like the Ravens only slightly more than the Steelers. Plus I can't imagine them wanting to get swept by both the Steelers and the Ravens.

12-19-2016, 06:10 PM
I don't see them folding their tents against another AFC north team. The Bengals like the Ravens only slightly more than the Steelers. Plus I can't imagine them wanting to get swept by both the Steelers and the Ravens. If it helps the Steelers to make the playoffs they will fold period. Now If Pitt wins they will try there hardest to ruin the Ravens season. Take it to the bank!

SteelerFanInStl
12-19-2016, 06:45 PM
I don't see them folding their tents against another AFC north team. The Bengals like the Ravens only slightly more than the Steelers. Plus I can't imagine them wanting to get swept by both the Steelers and the Ravens.

I do, if a loss means that the Steelers miss the playoffs. That would make their year.

Hawkman
12-19-2016, 07:09 PM
I do, if a loss means that the Steelers miss the playoffs. That would make their year.

I'm hoping it won't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to count on the Bengals for anything.

12-19-2016, 07:27 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to count on the Bengals for anything. Again if it does we aren't all that anyways.

SteelerFanInStl
12-20-2016, 09:55 AM

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to count on the Bengals for anything.

Absolutely. That's why we just need to take care of business this week.

cubanstogie
12-20-2016, 10:06 AM
If Denver loses one and Miami both of their games , Steelers
could lose to Ravens and beat Browns and get in as 6th seed. I was messing with ESPN's playoff machine and thats what i came up with. Then Steelers would play Ravens in wildcard game. Its a moot point, Steelers will take care of business.

Craic
12-20-2016, 05:26 PM
There are other ways to the playoffs than rooting for the Bengals, but yeah, that'd be the easiest route if the Steelers lost this weekend.

12-20-2016, 05:42 PM
We got lucky last year thanks to the Bills. Lets just beat the Ravens this year and not worry about luck!

cubanstogie
12-25-2016, 11:09 AM
Now that Miami won, if Ravens win which I hate even giving the hypothetical here, the Steelers need Miami to lose to the Pats Next week and Denver to win both games. Steelers would win the three way tie breaker. Thats assuming Ravens win next week as well, obviously if they lose Steelers win that way too.

ALLD
12-25-2016, 12:16 PM
Steelers should already be thinking their next loss will result in elimination. They should be in playoff mode now and sudden death is not impacted by wins or losses by any other team.

Just go out and play 4 quarters to win. Keep the mental mistakes to a minimum and avoid turnovers on offense.

st33lersguy
12-25-2016, 08:40 PM
The road to the playoffs have officially ended. The Steelers have reached their destination

86WARD
12-25-2016, 09:29 PM
Let's not hope it's the destination...let's just hope it's a stop along the way...

st33lersguy
12-25-2016, 09:59 PM
Let's not hope it's the destination...let's just hope it's a stop along the way...

Oops, yeah, I was thinking in terms of the post, yeah would love to go on a run

st33lersguy
12-25-2016, 10:18 PM
I'm thinking we could use this thread to talk about possible wild-card opponents since we don't need to talk about what needs to happen in order for the Steelers to get to the playoffs

teegre
12-25-2016, 10:20 PM
I'm thinking we could use this thread to talk about possible wild-card opponents since we don't need to talk about what needs to happen in order for the Steelers to get to the playoffs

Great idea.

Maybe a mod can change the title...

st33lersguy
12-25-2016, 10:46 PM
This Denver-Kansas City game is not competitive, might as well talk about scenarios for who the Steelers will play in the wildcard now

There are 2 possible options for who Pittsburgh will play in 2 weeks Miami or Kansas City
Pittsburgh plays Kansas City if: they lose to San Diego and Miami wins against New England
Pittsburgh plays Miami if: One or both of the previously mentioned scenarios don't happen. (Which is funny considering we all thought Pittsburgh lost to another dreadful team when they lost to Miami in week 6)

teegre
12-25-2016, 10:51 PM
Who to root for...

Go Raidahs!!!

We want the Raidahs to get the #2 seed. That way the Chiefs play Houston (who they'll destroy)... and then play the Taperiots. Maybe the Chiefs knock out the Taperiots (they have a much better chance than the Raidahs or Texans), and the Steelers host the AFCCG.

Of course, we'd have to beat the Tannehill-less Dolphins and the Carr-less Raidahs... which isn't all that unfathomable (even by the biggest nay-sayers).

Psycho Ward 86
12-25-2016, 11:22 PM
Broncos are officially eliminated. Not sure what kind of crazy voodoo has to happen for us to not be playing the Dolphins, but it seems unlikely.

I like our current path to the superbowl. Dolphins are fucked. Were the home team this time, and completely different at home at that. Matt Moore is actually arguably an upgrade over Tannehill :lol:, which isnt all that surprising since i bet many of remember him being solid as an emergency backup a while back. Jay Ajayi will NOT be able to run for even half the yards he did last time. One of the biggest reasons he was able to run at will is because the tackling on the perimeter was bad. Artie Burns has cleaned up his tackling A LOT. Davis has become a great tackler in that time as well. not looking good for the warm weather team in january football. And this time Ben wont be playing 2.5 quarters with a torn meniscus. And im sure we wont be stupid enough to only give Bell 10 touches

The Raiders are the ones im more worried about even though their backup QB's are far worse. I just dont trust this team on the road, but i think we'll be able to pick it up in the playoffs. The raiders defense is awful aside from Khalil Mack and we should have no reservations about deploying a double team, or even a double team + chip blocking from the RB's to stop him. Deceptively effective stable of RB's, but that has been a strength for us, even without Cam. Considering we were down our 2 best Dlinemen, and another one was playing hurt, we did fine against the ravens run game. honestly my main concern if we play the raiders is being able to get a pass rush..or otherwise good coverage since i would honestly expect us to be unable to hit home. Raiders have arguably the 2nd best O-line in the league

st33lersguy
12-26-2016, 12:14 AM
Playoffstatus.com gives the Steelers a 91% chance of facing the Dolphins

The bell ringer
12-26-2016, 12:30 AM
The guys on ESPN said that KC can be a 2nd, 5th or 6th seed. And seeing as how they already have 11 wins, I guess that means that IF they should lose at San Diego next week, and Miami beats New England..then it will be Miami that gets the 5th seed, and a trip to Houston, and we would get KC again in Pittsburgh. As bad as it hurts Oakland without Carr...I just don't see Oakland losing to Denver even in Denver with that Bad offense, and with them out of the playoffs. But we shall see.

Count Steeler
12-26-2016, 06:47 AM
When we have to go to Gillette, we should take our own radio gear.