PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Game Balls & Goats thread? Is this it???

DesertSteel
12-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Where's the Game Balls & Goats thread for the Giants game? I don't see it on the page? Is this it?

Game Ball: Bell, Green and D.
Goats: Gonna pass on this one. Too many penalties, but it was spread around.

tube517
12-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Game Ball: Green, Timmons, Davis, Burns, Harrison, AB/Ronald (for the 2 amazing catches), Bullock(Can't ask much more for the job he did)

Goats: Danny Smith sucks

DesertSteel
12-04-2016, 09:43 PM
And... I almost forgot, the new PK they singed off the street yesterday. 3/3.

Rotorhead
12-04-2016, 10:02 PM
GB's to Burns, showing his talent this game against one of the best in OBJ. Green for being the other target for Ben, defenses will need to start respecting him which will open up AB. Bell of course for a killer game. Ben for a good solid game. And the Def.

Goats are ST, I think there was a penalty on every ST play today.

Steeldude
12-04-2016, 10:29 PM
Heros: Too many to name. Team.

Goats: Penalties and the refs falling for poor acting by overrated Beckham.

teegre
12-04-2016, 10:33 PM
I want to give props to Mike Mitchell.

I have lambasted him for two years, but today, he had two heady plays. On both plays, he could have gone for the kill shot (which is his M.O.), but instead, he broke up both passes... on third downs, no less.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-04-2016, 10:36 PM
GB's to Burns, showing his talent this game against one of the best in OBJ. Green for being the other target for Ben, defenses will need to start respecting him which will open up AB. Bell of course for a killer game. Ben for a good solid game. And the Def.

Goats are ST, I think there was a penalty on every ST play today. What I wanted to see Burns go up against one of the top wr's in Beckham. I think he did a good job and wanted William Jackson 3 but now glad we have Burns. Got lucky or not and think Pitt made a good pick with taken him. We blame them so much for the bad ones but they deserve props as well when they make a good pick.

st33lersguy
12-04-2016, 10:48 PM
Game ball: bell (awful fumble aside), defense, Ladarius green, bullock
Goats Sammie Coates, penalties, officiating

Shoes
12-04-2016, 10:58 PM
In other news, Sham Thomas is injured again. :chuckle:

Lady Steel
12-04-2016, 11:48 PM
My game ball goes to the defense.

Craic
12-05-2016, 12:27 AM
Heros: Too many to name. Team.

Goats: Penalties and the refs falling for poor acting by overrated Beckham.

This made me laugh. Thanks!

Steeldude
12-05-2016, 03:59 AM
This made me laugh. Thanks!

I forget the exact play, but he was barely touched on the hip and he went into a full body jerk and seizure to draw a flag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY_DF2Af3LM

Butch
12-05-2016, 04:21 AM
Game Ball - D-Fence making their 3rd Goal line stand in 2 games and keeping us in the game early. Making Big plays when needed them most. Bullock for coming in and not sucking, when I had flashes of last year's kicking debacle.

Goats - SPECIAL TEAMS as was pointed out Rotorhead pointed out "I think there was a penalty on every single ST play". Special teams has not played well all year. When was the last time they blocked even 1/2 decent on a punt???

Officiating - no holding call on the giants 1st touchdown. I know they are gonna miss some here and there but that was in the open field. Why did they not throw a flag when they tried to fold Bell in 1/2 late in the game. The gaints were punks for the way they played the end of the game and the officiating should have taken better control of the situation. They were playing to hurt our players once the game was completely over.

Mojouw
12-05-2016, 10:18 AM
ST play has been a problem. I wonder if this is where all the injuries are finally showing? No Shamarko, No DHB, isn't Steven Johnson injured or released? Those three were special teams stalwarts. Now you have younger inexperienced players in those roles - looking at you and your 86 penalties Sammie Coates.

86WARD
12-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Goats - Danny Smith continues to field a mess. Penalties are one of the main things holding this team back.

Game Balls - Bell, Ben, Butler and the Defense. mainly Burns, Davis, Shazier, Deebo, Timmons and Mitchell. Very nice effort by the D.

ALLD
12-05-2016, 06:11 PM
K 3/3 and kept us ahead of the Giants. HM to Manning's jelly arm or bad vision, not sure which.

Devilsdancefloor
12-05-2016, 07:30 PM
Ball : butler call a good game and finally realizing J Jones had all the chances in te world to prove himself and putting in Deebo he got us 2 point early

goat : Special teams

Mojouw
12-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Interesting stats, other than this past game, Harrison's snaps per game were about the same amount. Jones has steadily lost playing time to Chickillio, Moats, and now mostly Dupree.

What does appear to be changing is how strict the Steelers are being with their rotations. Harrison looks to be getting all the pass rush snaps regardless of frequency or game situation.

zulater
12-06-2016, 01:14 PM
Finally having had a chance to watch the game I would give my primary offensive game ball to Big Ben. Bell was damn close, and honorable mentions to Pouncey and Ramon Foster. Well actually give one to Foster for not only having another excellent game blocking but also for intervening when the Giants tried to take Bell's head off in a pile up after the play! And as I think about it give one to AB. He didn't have a high volume game, but his touchdown catch and his sideline first down conversion were among the better catches you'll see this year anywhere for degree of difficulty combined with game situation. Now getting back to Ben. I thought he played a nearly flawless game. The interception was the result of an exceptional effort by Eli Apple combined with a weak effort by Eli Rogers. Ben delivered a near perfect pass that should have converted a 3rd and long. Also Ben was the victim of several drops throughout the game, at least two of which would have extended promising drives. Ladarius Green just misses due to multiple drops. But he sure is shaping up to be a difference maker in this offense. If Coates ever gets his fingers right with a game changing tight end thrown in this offense could finally live up to it's advanced billing.

On defense primary game ball to Sean Davis. First runner up James Harrison. Honorable mentions Artie Burns, William Gay, Ryan Shavier, and of course Lawrence Tillman. His interception was a game changing play.

Special teams, Randy Bullock of course. 3 for 3 at Heinz in December is pretty impressive for someone who came in off the street just a few days before.

No goats.

pczach
12-06-2016, 05:28 PM
I want to give props to Mike Mitchell.

I have lambasted him for two years, but today, he had two heady plays. On both plays, he could have gone for the kill shot (which is his M.O.), but instead, he broke up both passes... on third downs, no less.

He's so excited about you giving him props, he can hardly contain himself and he goes back to hitting everything that moves.

https://media.giphy.com/media/NwgGMoEjO2SyY/giphy.gif

teegre
12-06-2016, 10:07 PM
He's so excited about you giving him props, he can hardly contain himself and he goes back to hitting everything that moves.

https://media.giphy.com/media/NwgGMoEjO2SyY/giphy.gif

/thread

:rofl2: