PDA

View Full Version : Week 14: @ Buffalo Bills

Psycho Ward 86
12-04-2016, 06:58 PM
Bills PPG scored (home): 32.4
Bills PPG allowed (home): 26.6

Bills PPG scored (away): 20.4
Bills PPG allowed (away): 20.1

This is a dangerous team folks, make no mistake about it. The bills can and will score often at home like they have all season long. If we want to win this game, we have to play a strong away game, which we've basically only done against the Colts. #1 rushing attack in the league. Hopefully Hargrave's concussion clears up for this one because were going to need him. Were also going to need Burns to continue to improve on shedding blocks and clean up his tackling on the perimeter. Otherwise this game could look a lot like that Miami game.

Mojouw
12-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Important to remember that most of that offense was without Watkins. They should only be better as he rounds back into form!

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-04-2016, 07:29 PM
Like I said this one scares me and wasn't very worried about the Giants. We will probably lose 1 more and this could be it.

86WARD
12-04-2016, 07:47 PM
Nice home win, Bengals following week, road game in Buffalo. This has disaster written all over it.

The Bark
12-04-2016, 08:15 PM
I've watched a good number of Bills games this year (being a closet Bills fan in NY, well, second favorite team.) The main thing is stopping the run. Their defense can be good at home, but honestly, this is going to be another Heinz Field North game just like it was a few years ago when I went. Tyrod Taylor can hit the long ball with some uncanny accuracy at times, but the key is to force him into making decisions quickly. If the Steelers defense doesn't, he's liable to wait for them to fall into coverage and then take off running. Watkins is good, but if they shut down Taylor and McCoy running the ball, it will make them one dimensional.

j-d-s
12-04-2016, 08:27 PM
Said it since the begin of the season we will lose this one. Beyond the shadow of a doubt.Shady McCoy's gonna run all over our D and Tyrod Taylor will look like an All-Pro vs. our Secondary.

Psycho Ward 86
12-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Important to remember that most of that offense was without Watkins. They should only be better as he rounds back into form!

geez and i forgot about all about that too. i gotta say though we did a good job of limiting the giants receivers. Odell didnt play nearly as well as the numbers suggested. hopefully we can be just as tough against the bills vastly inferior receivers.

StillCurtains
12-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Said it since the begin of the season we will lose this one. Beyond the shadow of a doubt.Shady McCoy's gonna run all over our D and Tyrod Taylor will look like an All-Pro vs. our Secondary.

WOW guys!!!

Come on!!! We just won 2 games on the road vs Cleveland and Indy. Yes it was Cleveland and Indy but those were the type of teams we were losing to on the road with our offense sputtering and our defense looking high school level no matter the opponent.

They responded on those road games and turned it around. The offense was productive enough and the defense was solid. We just now beat a good Giants team that came off of a 6 game winning streak. The Giants have very potent weapons on offense and a stout defense.

We have just won 3 straight outscoring our opponents 76-30. It would be 76-23 if not for the Giant's garbage time TD with 40 seconds left. That's an average of 25ppg on offense and 10ppg on defense in the last 3. The offense is trying to work it's way back. Green has only played for a month. Ben lost his #2 in Bryant to suspension. His projected #2 in Wheaton goes to our #3 then #4 due to injury then lost for the season.

Our projected #3 in Coates has become our #2 and has been limited to only special teams for weeks due to broken fingers. Our projected #4 in Heyward Bey has become our #3 then #2 before being out 4 weeks with a foot injury. We are now down to our #1 in AB with our projected #5 Eli Rogers in the slot and Cobi Hamilton starting alongside AB as the #2. With Hamilton signed from the practice squad, it makes him the #7 option at WR actually starting. Not to mention that D. Williams has also been out.

With all that said, the offense just isn't going to look as smooth until we at leadt get the services of Coates and Heyward Bey back. On defense we have shown very little resistance in the start of the season. They had coverage lapses, missed tackles, no pressure, and no turnovers.

In the last 3, the coverage has been tight, the tackling has been hard and sure, and the sacks and turnovers have spiked while playing faster and more physical. Buffalo will be a very tough game to win. A win is far from a sure thing, but geez... Can you guys give the Steelers just a little credit for their play the last 3 weeks? Do we need to get better? Of course, but can we at least just hope that their play keeps trending up as it has the last 3 weeks before throwing them under the bus?

I appreciate their efforts the last 3 weeks. I hope it continues when we play Buffalo and through the rest of the season and hopefully the postseason.

teegre
12-04-2016, 10:29 PM
If BB, AB, & Bell are all three hitting their stride, no team can keep up with them.

12-04-2016, 10:43 PM
If BB, AB, & Bell are all three hitting their stride, no team can keep up with them. Agreed!

- - - Updated - - -

WOW guys!!!

Come on!!! We just won 2 games on the road vs Cleveland and Indy. Yes it was Cleveland and Indy but those were the type of teams we were losing to on the road with our offense sputtering and our defense looking high school level no matter the opponent.

They responded on those road games and turned it around. The offense was productive enough and the defense was solid. We just now beat a good Giants team that came off of a 6 game winning streak. The Giants have very potent weapons on offense and a stout defense.

We have just won 3 straight outscoring our opponents 76-30. It would be 76-23 if not for the Giant's garbage time TD with 40 seconds left. That's an average of 25ppg on offense and 10ppg on defense in the last 3. The offense is trying to work it's way back. Green has only played for a month. Ben lost his #2 in Bryant to suspension. His projected #2 in Wheaton goes to our #3 then #4 due to injury then lost for the season.

Our projected #3 in Coates has become our #2 and has been limited to only special teams for weeks due to broken fingers. Our projected #4 in Heyward Bey has become our #3 then #2 before being out 4 weeks with a foot injury. We are now down to our #1 in AB with our projected #5 Eli Rogers in the slot and Cobi Hamilton starting alongside AB as the #2. With Hamilton signed from the practice squad, it makes him the #7 option at WR actually starting. Not to mention that D. Williams has also been out.

With all that said, the offense just isn't going to look as smooth until we at leadt get the services of Coates and Heyward Bey back. On defense we have shown very little resistance in the start of the season. They had coverage lapses, missed tackles, no pressure, and no turnovers.

In the last 3, the coverage has been tight, the tackling has been hard and sure, and the sacks and turnovers have spiked while playing faster and more physical. Buffalo will be a very tough game to win. A win is far from a sure thing, but geez... Can you guys give the Steelers just a little credit for their play the last 3 weeks? Do we need to get better? Of course, but can we at least just hope that their play keeps trending up as it has the last 3 weeks before throwing them under the bus?

I appreciate their efforts the last 3 weeks. I hope it continues when we play Buffalo and through the rest of the season and hopefully the postseason. Yep once they get a legit deep threat will open up so much more. Now that Green is showing his worth the future is so bright Tomlin had to go out and buy some more cool shades!

Bluecoat96
12-05-2016, 04:49 PM
One thing to remember is that Big Ben knows Rex's defense really well and has made him look stupid on numerous occasions, both as the DC of the Ravens and also as HC of the Jets.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ALLD
12-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Need to win this game to even sniff the playoffs. Win or go home.

teegre
12-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Need to win this game to even sniff the playoffs. Win or go home.

Not true.

Even if the Steelers lose to the Bills, there are many scenarios where they could still win the division. :huh:

43Hitman
12-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Not true.

Even if the Steelers lose to the Bills, there are many scenarios where they could still win the division. :huh:
Exactly, all we really need to do is win against Baltimore, Cinncy, and Cleveland that will give us the division. We may not even need to win those, but definitely the Ravens game on Christmas day.

st33lersguy
12-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Losing this game would all but eliminate any chance the steelers get a wildcard, chances that are slim anyway. Division and in fact 3 seed (afc south sucks ass) is still well within reach

GBMelBlount
12-05-2016, 08:27 PM
As with most Steelers games I believe it will come down to how the best player on the field plays.

If good Ben shows up, playing as the underdog and with intensity and purpose, the game is ours to lose.

If bad Ben shows up, uninspired and nonchalant, different story.

tube517
12-05-2016, 09:32 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=home

Yahoo Playoff Generator

86WARD
12-06-2016, 07:25 AM
So according to that, as long as the Ravens lose, the Steelers are a 3 seed after this week?

Moose
12-06-2016, 08:38 AM
As I always say, " In a 16 game schedule- EVERY game is a must win"! The one's you lose will come back and bite you in the ass, as seen now with early games we should have won. The next games are very much winnable for the Steeler's. The Bill's are a good team and will give the Steeler's all they handle and if we come out flat, unprepared, undisciplined and not wanting the win more than Buffalo, the results will be bad for us. Every game from here on out the team will have to come out wanting to prove the point that they are playoff material. The rat's are good, but not great and THIS is the must win as is the remaining division games. The bunholes aren't as bad as their record shows and are going to treat the game with the Steeler's as their SuperBowl, plus want to be a spoiler for our playoff chances. The brown's can still get a win against anyone.

steel striker
12-06-2016, 10:58 AM
I think the steelers are going to run the table.

DesertSteel
12-06-2016, 11:28 AM
A road test will finally tell us how good this team is.

fansince'76
12-06-2016, 11:30 AM
I think the steelers are going to run the table.

Same here. Roethlisberger has looked like a man on a mission to me.

Rotorhead
12-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Don't forget the Dallas game, it was up for grabs until the end and they are currently the best team in the NFL. As I said after that game, I will take that effort for the rest of the season and we will win out. If they show up to play, they will win, period.

Born2Steel
12-06-2016, 12:28 PM
Shady is their biggest threat. I believe we counter that with our run game as well. This one may turn into a very short game with only 4-5 possessions per half if both teams try to control with the run game. Advantage Steelers, IMO. Have to make those 2pt conversions though.

steel striker
12-06-2016, 02:41 PM
I just like the way the defense has looked in the last few games and, Ben has been playing at a high level. Before the Giant game I really though Green would make a huge impact. I just hope they continue this type of play. I know the Bills are going to play them tough at Ralph Wilson Stadium but, I still think the steelers are on a mission.

teegre
12-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Losing this game would all but eliminate any chance the steelers get a wildcard, chances that are slim anyway. Division and in fact 3 seed (afc south sucks ass) is still well within reach

Exactly.
While I want to go 4-0 to end the last quarter of the season, the Bills game is the least important of the next four.

1. Ravens game. Obvious

2. Bengals & Browns. Division games = tie-breakers w/ Ravens for the division

4. Bills. AFC wild card, and wild card tie-breakers

hawaiiansteeler
12-06-2016, 10:51 PM
https://pics.onsizzle.com/rex-ryan-has-a-framed-picture-of-his-wifes-feet-2124587.png

12-06-2016, 11:13 PM
https://pics.onsizzle.com/rex-ryan-has-a-framed-picture-of-his-wifes-feet-2124587.png Nothing wrong that and Rex is cool and help us out last year. He has balls and ain't afraid to be who he is and out spoken like his dad. Ps. His wife does have some pretty sexy feet lol.

- - - Updated - - -

That said we really need to win this game!

86WARD
12-07-2016, 07:03 AM
Exactly.
While I want to go 4-0 to end the last quarter of the season, the Bills game is the least important of the next four.

1. Ravens game. Obvious

2. Bengals & Browns. Division games = tie-breakers w/ Ravens for the division

4. Bills. AFC wild card, and wild card tie-breakers

According to that Yahoo Playoff Calculator no matter what the Steelers do, if the Ravens lose, the Steelers are in the playoffs...??? Doesn't sound right to me...

86WARD
12-07-2016, 07:11 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&13=11554911&14=05005144&15=00015055&16=55414404&17=

12-07-2016, 07:28 AM
According to that Yahoo Playoff Calculator no matter what the Steelers do, if the Ravens lose, the Steelers are in the playoffs...??? Doesn't sound right to me... Can't be right and right now there ahead of us cause they beat us. If they tank the next three games then yea probably but one will be to us.

fansince'76
12-07-2016, 07:38 AM
https://pics.onsizzle.com/rex-ryan-has-a-framed-picture-of-his-wifes-feet-2124587.png

On a serious note, it's amazing how much he's slimmed down - he's literally half the size he used to be.

12-07-2016, 08:01 AM
On a serious note, it's amazing how much he's slimmed down - he's literally half the size he used to be. Most likely Tummy tuck or the sucking toe diet lol. I think a lot of the coaches get the tummy tuck. Ps don't believe the Slim Fast Bs. Honestly he looks just like a friend of mine that had the tummy tuck. Going to be a lot of loose skin though but it works.

tube517
12-07-2016, 08:08 AM
On a serious note, it's amazing how much he's slimmed down - he's literally half the size he used to be.

He wanted to be quicker on his "feet".

Also, at least he is devoted to his wife ('s feet) :chuckle:

12-07-2016, 09:29 AM
I bet money on it he had the tummy tuck! Again his wife has sexy feet so don't blame him for dig them. Rex is cool dude with brass balls and got that from his dad Buddy. Again we need to win this one and very important!

- - - Updated - - -

To me this one is the test of what the Steelers are made of and win this there for real. If not back to mediocre play and being happy with it! Again what Ben will show up ?

Ps did I say Again enough lol.

Iron Steeler
12-07-2016, 07:35 PM
We play coats the same way we played odell. No YAC and contain tyrod taylor. We need feild position in this game which comes down to defense coming up with big 3rd down stops in the bills drives.

It will be a nail biter

12-07-2016, 08:38 PM
We play coats the same way we played odell. No YAC and contain tyrod taylor. We need feild position in this game which comes down to defense coming up with big 3rd down stops in the bills drives.

It will be a nail biter I hate the Pats but like there strategy and it's a proven winner. We should use the run more against teams that are not good against it and use the pass more against others that have issues with it. This offense has the talent to do either when called for. Ps same thing on Defense as well like they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and when we do face a top run stopping defense use Bell more in the passing game instead of the runs up the middle for little gain.

GBMelBlount
12-07-2016, 08:41 PM
It was said by several before the season that our destiny would likely come down to if and how quickly this young defense gels.

I think we may be at that defining point in this season.

Hawkman
12-07-2016, 08:52 PM
Sorry, I have no use for Rex or his family and never have. Bunch of blow hards. Wanted his "boys" to hurt our offense when he was with the Ravens.......how did that work out. He will never be a great coach until he learns that he needs a good leader at the offensive helm.

fansince'76
12-08-2016, 09:19 AM
I hate the Pats but like there strategy and it's a proven winner.

You mean cheating?

Oh and when we do face a top run stopping defense use Bell more in the passing game instead of the runs up the middle for little gain.

He seemed to do OK against the Giants, who are currently ranked 5th in the league against the run. Look, I'm no fan of Haley and feel he's really nothing more than a beneficiary of the talent the team has on offense, but he called a pretty good game this past week, outside of the boneheaded halfback option play early.

Born2Steel
12-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Looking at it mathematically, the wildcard can come from the AFC North. Bills, Broncos, and Dolphins continue to fall and Steelers/Ravens win out, both could be in the playoffs. Even with the head to head remaining, may only decide division champ, not in or out. Exciting finish. Go Steelers!!!

Craic
12-08-2016, 09:06 PM
He seemed to do OK against the Giants, who are currently ranked 5th in the league against the run. Look, I'm no fan of Haley and feel he's really nothing more than a beneficiary of the talent the team has on offense, but he called a pretty good game this past week, outside of the boneheaded halfback option play early.

Didn't mind that play, it kept the safeties from crashing down everytime looks as though Bell might have got the ball, which, I guess, is probably what the purpose of it really was.

teegre
12-10-2016, 12:29 AM
It was said by several before the season that our destiny would likely come down to if and how quickly this young defense gels.

I think we may be at that defining point in this season.

This defense is #1 in the NFL in red-zone TDs allowed. Love it or hate it, the "bend, but don't break" style is working.

First 9 games: 13 sacks
Last 3 games: 13 sacks

Last three games: 10ppg allowed.

12-10-2016, 01:55 AM
This defense is #1 in the NFL in red-zone TDs allowed. Love it or hate it, the "bend, but don't break" style is working.

First 9 games: 13 sacks
Last 3 games: 13 sacks

Last three games: 10ppg allowed.Great stat to have but most don't want to be happy with that and only want to dwell on the negative. Sorry they got spoiled with the defense's in the past but need to realize there not coming back.

teegre
12-10-2016, 08:47 AM
Great stat to have but most don't want to be happy with that and only want to dwell on the negative. Sorry they got spoiled with the defense's in the past but need to realize there not coming back.

Yep.
People (my dad) expect the 1970s defense to exist today... which just isn't going to happen. Furthermore, people want to dwell on the four games where the defense gave up 34 (Eagles) 30 (Dolphins) 27 (Taperiots) and 35 (Cowboys). This defense is young... and young is inconsistent. But, this young defense is starting to put it all together.

tube517
12-10-2016, 11:19 AM
Yep.
People (my dad) expect the 1970s defense to exist today... which just isn't going to happen. Furthermore, people want to dwell on the four games where the defense gave up 34 (Eagles) 30 (Dolphins) 27 (Taperiots) and 35 (Cowboys). This defense is young... and young is inconsistent. But, this young defense is starting to put it all together.

I think Tomlin benching Golden and Jarvis and keeping the OLB rotation at Dupree, Deebo, Chickfila just makes it easier for the defense to gel. Gay is a better slot corner than outside. Davis playing well makes Mitchell play better.

Let's hope Hargrave can play Sunday.

Hawkman
12-10-2016, 12:56 PM
Let's hope Hargrave can play Sunday.

Unfortunately it looks like he is listed as doubtful.

cold-hard-steel
12-11-2016, 05:24 AM
I like this game .I'm not one who is jumping on a "moving train" if you will , but rather had my seat reserved before it pulled out the station, and I welcome games such as this.I'm thinking this train is only in about the fifth notch heading into Buffalo today.By the time we pull out i believe we may notch er up to 6.Come around X-mas time we will be cruising along in the 7th notch,saving that last notch for the play-offs.You see,you have your believers and you have your non-believers.Both have believing in common.You just have to ask yourself.....what type of believer am i ? I believe to the tune of 31-24 dah Steelers !!!!!!!

43Hitman
12-11-2016, 05:44 AM
I like this game .I'm not one who is jumping on a "moving train" if you will , but rather had my seat reserved before it pulled out the station, and I welcome games such as this.I'm thinking this train is only in about the fifth notch heading into Buffalo today.By the time we pull out i believe we may notch er up to 6.Come around X-mas time we will be cruising along in the 7th notch,saving that last notch for the play-offs.You see,you have your believers and you have your non-believers.Both have believing in common.You just have to ask yourself.....what type of believer am i ? I believe to the tune of 31-24 dah Steelers !!!!!!! AMEN Brother! I love that line, "what kind of believer am I?". I'm stoked for this game, we gonna see all facets playing full tilt.