PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown Needs 13 More Receptions To Set Another NFL Record

86WARD
12-02-2016, 08:35 PM
Antonio Brown needs just 13 more catches between now and the end of the regular season to set an NFL record for the most receptions by a player in a four-season span.

Since 2013, Brown has 457 receptions. From 1999-2002, former Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Marvin Harrison caught 469 passes.
If that’s not impressive enough, Brown needs 294 receiving yards during the Steelers final five regular season games to set the NFL record for the most in any four-season span. Since 2013, Brown has recorded 6,029 yards receiving. Harrison had 6,322 receiving yards from 1999-2002.

In case you’re curious, below are several other milestones that Brown is closing in on that were provided by the Steelers in their weekly game release.
• Needs eight catches to mark his fourth straight season with at least 90 receptions.
• Is two receiving yards from joining Hines Ward (2001-04) as only the second player in franchise history to register 1,000 receiving yards in four consecutive years.
• Will break a tie with Lynn Swann (53) for sole possession of the fifth-most total touchdowns in Steelers history with his next score of any kind.
• Is two touchdown receptions from becoming the fourth player in Steelers history with at least 50.
• Needs three touchdown catches to tie Swann (51) for the third-most touchdown grabs in team history.
• Will break a tie with Ward (29) for the most 100-yard receiving games in team history with his next 100-yard game.
• With 100 receptions in 2016, will extend his franchise record of consecutive seasons with at least 100 catches to four.
• With 110 catches in 2016, will become the first player in NFL history to record 110 or more receptions in three consecutive years.
• With 125 receptions in 2016, would become the first player in NFL history to record three consecutive seasons of 125 catches or more.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/12/antonio-brown-needs-13-receptions-set-another-nfl-record/

GBMelBlount
12-02-2016, 08:46 PM
Business is Booming.

Hopefully he and Ben will have a few more record setting years together...and rings.

43Hitman
12-02-2016, 09:56 PM
Antonio Brown needs just 13 more catches between now and the end of the regular season to set an NFL record for the most receptions by a player in a four-season span.

Since 2013, Brown has 457 receptions. From 1999-2002, former Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Marvin Harrison caught 469 passes.
If that’s not impressive enough, Brown needs 294 receiving yards during the Steelers final five regular season games to set the NFL record for the most in any four-season span. Since 2013, Brown has recorded 6,029 yards receiving. Harrison had 6,322 receiving yards from 1999-2002.

In case you’re curious, below are several other milestones that Brown is closing in on that were provided by the Steelers in their weekly game release.
• Needs eight catches to mark his fourth straight season with at least 90 receptions.
• Is two receiving yards from joining Hines Ward (2001-04) as only the second player in franchise history to register 1,000 receiving yards in four consecutive years.
• Will break a tie with Lynn Swann (53) for sole possession of the fifth-most total touchdowns in Steelers history with his next score of any kind.
• Is two touchdown receptions from becoming the fourth player in Steelers history with at least 50.
• Needs three touchdown catches to tie Swann (51) for the third-most touchdown grabs in team history.
• Will break a tie with Ward (29) for the most 100-yard receiving games in team history with his next 100-yard game.
• With 100 receptions in 2016, will extend his franchise record of consecutive seasons with at least 100 catches to four.
• With 110 catches in 2016, will become the first player in NFL history to record 110 or more receptions in three consecutive years.
• With 125 receptions in 2016, would become the first player in NFL history to record three consecutive seasons of 125 catches or more.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/12/antonio-brown-needs-13-receptions-set-another-nfl-record/

You can only keep one. Which one do you keep Brown or Bell?

j-d-s
12-02-2016, 11:27 PM
Bell. RB is more important than WR if you got Ben at QB. Ben makes the receivers, not the other way around. Just ask some guy named Mike Wallace.

But I don't think AB is gonna leave unless we don't make him a reasonable offer. AB seems to know that he can only continue to claim Top WR status if he has an elite QB... if he left for a team like Buffalo or SF he certainly won't be able to do much. (Or even worse, Cleveland. But I do not think that any NFL player with ambitions would want to play for them at all, not for $200 million.)

86WARD
12-03-2016, 06:02 AM
Bell. RB is more important than WR if you got Ben at QB. Ben makes the receivers, not the other way around. Just ask some guy named Mike Wallace.

But I don't think AB is gonna leave unless we don't make him a reasonable offer. AB seems to know that he can only continue to claim Top WR status if he has an elite QB... if he left for a team like Buffalo or SF he certainly won't be able to do much. (Or even worse, Cleveland. But I do not think that any NFL player with ambitions would want to play for them at all, not for $200 million.)

Ben hasn't really "made" any of the WRs out there opposite Brown and we saw what Williams did in Bell's absence. He was mighty productive there. Then Wallace isn't having a terrible year in Baltimore...I'm not sure it's so cut and dry...

43Hitman
12-03-2016, 06:20 AM
We did make it to the SB with a crappy OL and Mendenhall. We lost, but we didnt have anything close to Brown/Bell.

If I had to pick one, while it would really tough, I would pick Bell because he is a threat everywhere on the field.

SteelerFanInStl
12-03-2016, 08:57 AM
Ben hasn't really "made" any of the WRs out there opposite Brown and we saw what Williams did in Bell's absence. He was mighty productive there. Then Wallace isn't having a terrible year in Baltimore...I'm not sure it's so cut and dry...

I agree. I would keep Brown. He's the top 1 or 2 (with Julio) WR in the NFL and without him we have very little at WR. We've seen what's happened with all of the WRs we've used this year besides AB. None of them are doing much of anything. Bell is a great HB but I think that he can be replaced much easier. You won't find a better all around HB but we don't necessarily need to. He's had injury issues and his next missed/failed drug test takes him out for a year.

Hawkman
12-03-2016, 11:00 AM
I don't think Brown smokes weed.....or at least he doesn't get caught at it.:heh:

Hawkman
12-03-2016, 11:48 AM
Also, Brown has been present for just about every game, ( except for the Broncos playoff game). So, I think I'll take Brown.

Butch
12-03-2016, 12:14 PM

I am not sure since I do not watch or follow any team that is not Steelers. I will say that Santonio went from Super Bowl MVP to out of the league in very short time period. This being said while Ben may not make receivers I would say he does make good wr's better. I will say that I haven't heard much of Wallace since he's been in Baltimore, that's not to say he's not doing good rather he's not really standing out either.

I don't see why we can't keep both. Bell has dug himself a bit of a hole and if we resign him he may be gone for an entire year. This may make him much more affordable. If not we should be able to at least sign him to a one year contract with the promise that if he can keep himself clean we can get something more long term done the following year.

Count Steeler
12-03-2016, 12:56 PM
Nice to see Brown is having quite the career. 6th round golden pick.

I would guess that he has the Steelers' record for most penalties for celebrating?

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-03-2016, 04:52 PM
As for who to keep, I think it would be hard to let the next Jerry Rice walk. Love Bell but to many question marks with him.

teegre
12-03-2016, 05:23 PM
AB vs. BELL:

Answer: both

Re-sign AB long term. Then, franchise tag Bell and run the wheels off of him... and then, do it again in 2018.

If that's not an option... AB.

AB has another 6 top-tier seasons left in him; most RBs have four (and Bell is already in year four, with two knee injuries).

43Hitman
12-03-2016, 05:28 PM
AB vs. BELL:

Re-sign AB long term. Then, franchise tag Bell and run the wheels off of him... and then, do it again in 2018.

AB has another 6 top-tier seasons left in him; most RBs have four (and Bell is already in year four, with two knee injuries).

Good points on the longevity of RB's.

Mojouw
12-03-2016, 05:30 PM
Not sure how I can agree that it is an either or? Unless you do your cap planning in crayon on an IHOP placemat - teams can afford whatever they want if they choose to get clever-ish.

Now, if you want to do AB, Bell, AND an elite FA this off-season - well that'll get dicey real quick. But just those two plus something gets thrown Tuitt's way to lock him up before he gets crazy expensive - I bet that is all totally possible.

Long story short, I figure the choice is either the Steelers re-up all their own guys or they bring in outside players? Even with the cap $$$ they project to have they won't be able to do both. So who gets you closer to a Lombardi - Bell and AB or AB and some second tier pass rusher? I know what my answer is...

12-03-2016, 05:51 PM
AB vs. BELL:

AB has another 6 top-tier seasons left in him; most RBs have four (and Bell is already in year four, with two knee injuries). I like this idea and if not agree AB is the clear answer!

43Hitman
12-03-2016, 07:01 PM
Not sure how I can agree that it is an either or? Unless you do your cap planning in crayon on an IHOP placemat - teams can afford whatever they want if they choose to get clever-ish.

Now, if you want to do AB, Bell, AND an elite FA this off-season - well that'll get dicey real quick. But just those two plus something gets thrown Tuitt's way to lock him up before he gets crazy expensive - I bet that is all totally possible.

Long story short, I figure the choice is either the Steelers re-up all their own guys or they bring in outside players? Even with the cap $$$ they project to have they won't be able to do both. So who gets you closer to a Lombardi - Bell and AB or AB and some second tier pass rusher? I know what my answer is...

It was simply a hypothetical not a true representation of what we may or may not have in cap room. I was only curious where people come in at on these two. It was for entertainment purposes only if you will. It was an either or question. That's it, nothing more.

Mojouw
12-03-2016, 07:56 PM
It was simply a hypothetical not a true representation of what we may or may not have in cap room. I was only curious where people come in at on these two. It was for entertainment purposes only if you will. It was an either or question. That's it, nothing more.

Sure. Wasn't meaning to come of as critical. I agree that if you have to choose, AB. No questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43Hitman
12-03-2016, 08:19 PM
Sure. Wasn't meaning to come of as critical. I agree that if you have to choose, AB. No questions asked.

I originally was sure that Bell would be my guy but @teegre and other swayed my opinion. Those two knee surgeries have had(grammar?) slipped my mind, the dude plays so damn good you would never know that he has had those injuries.

12-03-2016, 11:56 PM
I originally was sure that Bell would be my guy but @teegre and other swayed my opinion. Those two knee surgeries have had(grammar?) slipped my mind, the dude plays so damn good you would never know that he has had those injuries. The weed thing has to be taking in count as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps. we are watching the next Jerry Rice and so glad he plays for us!

Mojouw
12-04-2016, 12:17 AM
The weed thing has to be taking in count as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps. we are watching the next Jerry Rice and so glad he plays for us!

Important to remember that the NFL didn't advance Bell in the substance abuse program. His next suspension isn't an automatic year ban like Bryant. He stayed at the initial level. Basically NFL admitted his ban was BS.

12-04-2016, 12:29 AM
Important to remember that the NFL didn't advance Bell in the substance abuse program. His next suspension isn't an automatic year ban like Bryant. He stayed at the initial level. Basically NFL admitted his ban was BS.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSorry Ill take the best player at his position in the NFL the last 4 years that had no issues with weed and injuries as well. Love Bell and hope we keep both but it's a no brainier!

BlackAndGold
12-04-2016, 02:08 AM
Both Bell and AB will be back, I'm sure of it, unless Bell gets into more trouble.

12-04-2016, 09:53 AM
Both Bell and AB will be back, I'm sure of it, unless Bell gets into more trouble. Hope so and kinda think that too! Team needs to resign Jarvis to though and some of Bells money might be taken from him lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Mojouw
12-04-2016, 10:06 AM
Sorry Ill take the best player at his position in the NFL the last 4 years that had no issues with weed and injuries as well. Love Bell and hope we keep both but it's a no brainier!

I would too. Just think it needs to be remembered that Bell, while suspended twice, is still in the non Bongtavious portion of the program.

I think Bells problem is that he is in his early twenties and crazy good. Not typically a recipe for sound decision making.

12-04-2016, 10:11 AM
I would too. Just think it needs to be remembered that Bell, while suspended twice, is still in the non Bongtavious portion of the program.

I think Bells problem is that he is in his early twenties and crazy good. Not typically a recipe for sound decision making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Bell when no issues maybe the best rb in the league and love him and makes the offense work. AB though and not allowed to compare but will be the next Jerry Rice barring no serious injury. So if comes down to either, which one do you take ?

12-04-2016, 10:20 AM
What we should be talking about is we have a top 3 QB in the league and future HOF. Arguably the best RB and the top WR in the league and why aren't we winning championships ? Injuries is why the last two years but all are healthy come playoff time. There should be no reason we ain't bring 7 home!

GBMelBlount
12-04-2016, 10:47 AM
What about another angle on Bell v. Brown.

Is it possible a team might make a Tricky Ricky Trade (a la Ditka) for one of them?

12-04-2016, 10:56 AM

Is it possible a team might make a Tricky Ricky Trade (a la Ditka) for one of them? How about we make a Jimmy Johnson trade ?

- - - Updated - - -

If the team wanted to trade Bell they would get a 2 ease after what Zeke is doing for Dallas and maybe a 1.

Psycho Ward 86
12-04-2016, 06:44 PM

Is it possible a team might make a Tricky Ricky Trade (a la Ditka) for one of them?

with Ben being as old as he is, i wouldnt even take a Ricky Williams type trade for Bell

43Hitman
12-04-2016, 06:54 PM
We need both, no question about it. Giants tried to take away Brown so we killed them with Bell and Green.

st33lersguy
12-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Now he needs 7 receptions