PDA

View Full Version : Steelers - Bengals might get bumped off of SNF

tube517
11-30-2016, 03:11 PM
http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Steelers-Bengals-might-get-bumped-off-of-SNF-49419415

Mojouw
11-30-2016, 04:03 PM
Makes sense. No one outside of Cincy. Pittsburgh, and Baltimore is going to care about this game.

Edman
11-30-2016, 08:52 PM
The Steelers are mediocre and the Bengals suck this year.

Bump it off.

SteelMember
12-01-2016, 07:03 AM
Fine, bump it... but for a Giants-Lions game. :rolleyes:

LloydWoodson
12-01-2016, 07:58 AM
This will have an impact on the decision to fire Marvin Lewis. If the Bengals are no longer able to play prime time it hurts their brand. We will see.

Still... Bengals vs Steelers isn't a bad game. Everyone knows there is bad blood, big hits, potential fights etc. Plus the Steelers have a top offense (some weeks) and I think any football fan can appreciate the triple Bs.

fansince'76
12-01-2016, 08:03 AM
Makes sense. No one outside of Cincy. Pittsburgh, and Baltimore is going to care about this game.

Considering the declining ratings, most SNF games don't really seem to hold much appeal for anyone outside of the TV markets of the two teams that are playing that particular week. :noidea:

The Steelers are mediocre and the Bengals suck this year.

Which is different from most SNF matchups...how?

Fine, bump it... but for a Giants-Lions game. http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes2.gif

Or perhaps another Packers/Redskins thriller...

SteelMember
12-01-2016, 08:44 AM
Considering the declining ratings, most SNF games don't really seem to hold much appeal for anyone outside of the TV markets of the two teams that are playing that particular week. :noidea:

Which is different from most SNF matchups...how?

Or perhaps another Packers/Redskins thriller...

Ida put my money on the Pats @ Broncos... that week is actually Packers/Bears, so you still may be 50% correct.

Steelerschik
12-01-2016, 01:13 PM
Ida put my money on the Pats @ Broncos... that week is actually Packers/Bears, so you still may be 50% correct.

Seriously so long as it isn't the Cowboys that it seems I'm forced to watch every damn primetime game. They're on entirely too much. That needs to stop. Guessing Jerry Jones owns every television station there is.

j-d-s
12-02-2016, 11:24 PM
Well, at 11-1 they should be considered a top team. Probably the team to beat in the NFL, especially since Romo now is riding the bench so he can't choke games away anymore.

fansince'76
12-03-2016, 03:28 AM
Steelerschik is right. The Cowboys could go 3-13 for years on end and they'd still get 6-8 prime time games every season. It's almost like clockwork.

Personally, I'm not impressed. 2016 Dallas Cowboys = 2015 Carolina Panthers

And I basically (and accurately) called the Panthers out for the paper tigers they are late last year - from December 28, 2015:

Heard that in 2013 when they (Panthers) went 12-4 only to go one and done in the postseason and then follow it up with a 7-8-1 campaign in 2014...

And I've heard many denigrate Tomlin for last year's 11-5 record against a "cupcake schedule." Please take a gander at the teams Carolina has been playing all season if you want to see a cupcake schedule.

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/20890-FIRE-MIKE-TOMLIN!!?p=530691&viewfull=1#post530691

Likewise, let's see what the Cowboys do next season when they don't get handed a 4th place schedule and now that there's plenty of film on Dak Prescott to go around.

tube517
12-03-2016, 07:16 AM
Steelerschik is right. The Cowboys could go 3-13 for years on end and they'd still get 6-8 prime time games every season. It's almost like clockwork.

And I basically (and accurately) called the Panthers out for the paper tigers they are late last year - from December 28, 2015:

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/20890-FIRE-MIKE-TOMLIN!!?p=530691&viewfull=1#post530691

Likewise, let's see what the Cowboys do next season when they don't get handed a 4th place schedule and now that there's plenty of film on Dak Prescott to go around.

Exactly, once Elliott and Prescott and any of their young players have to be re-signed to big contracts, let's see how they handle that. Injuries, tough schedule, etc.

Personally, I'm tired of the biggest bandwagon fanbase (west of the chowderhead geeks in Boston) now showing all their flags and gear around my area. Where were they last year? <crickets>

SteelerFanInStl
12-03-2016, 09:00 AM
Seriously so long as it isn't the Cowboys that it seems I'm forced to watch every damn primetime game. They're on entirely too much. That needs to stop. Guessing Jerry Jones owns every television station there is.

Jerry Jones is running the NFL now.

fansince'76
12-03-2016, 09:13 AM
Jerry Jones is running the NFL now.

Him and "Assistant Commissioner" Kraft...

Butch
12-03-2016, 12:31 PM
It's all about "MONEY" the owners who have it make the rules for the rest of the league. Go to Hell has almost always taken the side of money even though he says player safety is most important. If player safety is sooo important then get rid of the Thursday night games. Show that money doesn't trump player safety otherwise everything that idiot says is just noise.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-03-2016, 05:17 PM
Sunday Night games have been horrible and one sided all season except for last weeks game. You can pretty much say the same for Monday and Thursday Nights as well.

Mojouw
12-03-2016, 05:25 PM
Sunday Night games have been horrible and one sided all season except for last weeks game. You can pretty much say the same for Monday and Thursday Nights as well.

League falls in to the same "marketing" trap that all the sports leagues get into. They focus on the "star" players for the primetime match-ups rather than the overall quality of the game.

Well that's great that you can market that Andrew Luck leads the Colts into Houston to face JJ Watt, Hopkins, and the Texans. Both those teams are actually kinda garbage and play kinda garbage football.

That KC-Denver game was a good football game to watch the other weekend. But the marketing people don't like it. "Watch Von Miller (who really only Broncos fans and die-hard people who are gonna tune in anyway have heard/care about) lead the Broncos against Alex Smith and the rest of the nondescript boring KC Chiefs!"

Who cares that it is/was a great game to watch!

12-03-2016, 05:43 PM
League falls in to the same "marketing" trap that all the sports leagues get into. They focus on the "star" players for the primetime match-ups rather than the overall quality of the game.

Well that's great that you can market that Andrew Luck leads the Colts into Houston to face JJ Watt, Hopkins, and the Texans. Both those teams are actually kinda garbage and play kinda garbage football.

That KC-Denver game was a good football game to watch the other weekend. But the marketing people don't like it. "Watch Von Miller (who really only Broncos fans and die-hard people who are gonna tune in anyway have heard/care about) lead the Broncos against Alex Smith and the rest of the nondescript boring KC Chiefs!"

Who cares that it is/was a great game to watch! Good post and you nailed it. Part of the reason ratings are dropping. Boring football!

86WARD
12-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Two terrible teams, SUnday Night...sounds about right. I hope they don't earn the night game. I hate waiting for that...lol.

st33lersguy
12-03-2016, 10:40 PM
I understand if the league moves it because the matchup isn't good, but part of me hopes the Sunday night game doesn't get moved and the Steelers get the perpetual chokers in primetime again

12-03-2016, 11:28 PM
I understand if the league moves it because the matchup isn't good, but part of me hopes the Sunday night game doesn't get moved and the Steelers get the perpetual chokers in primetime again Did you read the post above ? Other then the KC vs Denver game the match ups have been a joke. Sunday, Monday and Thursday! Now they think they can fix it ?

Steelerschik
12-04-2016, 06:34 PM

I agree with you...it really won't be shocking to see them NOT go to the SB this year. Remember Ben's rookie year? And you're right that they're on prime time all the damn time no matter what their record is. And I was pissed to see that out of the 3 regular season games left, they're on prime twice more. Two more games we won't be watching. It's total bullshit.

12-04-2016, 07:09 PM
I agree with you...it really won't be shocking to see them NOT go to the SB this year. Remember Ben's rookie year? And you're right that they're on prime time all the damn time no matter what their record is. And I was pissed to see that out of the 3 regular season games left, they're on prime twice more. Two more games we won't be watching. It's total bullshit. When the Cowboys are awful turn on the NFL channel and that was all they talked about and can imagine the insanity now. Ps. I think they won't get past Seattle.

Butch
12-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Yep just got bumped for the cowgirls vs the bucs

BlackAndGold
12-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Good.

st33lersguy
12-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Yeah cause America can't get enough of prime time announcers slurping dak dez and Ezekiel and showing jerry jones in the press box every 7 minutes

SteelerFanInStl
12-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Yeah cause America can't get enough of prime time announcers slurping dak dez and Ezekiel and showing jerry jones in the press box every 7 minutes

No doubt. This sucks for me because now I'm going to be stuck trying to watch the game from some shitty stream.

12-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Yep just got bumped for the cowgirls vs the bucs Great another snoozer like tonight and way to go NFL. Other then Pitt only watch the games at the gym to keep me company at night. College football is far better even though they screwed Penn State for a shot at the championship.

12-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Seriously the NFL network Should be called the Cowboys network for years, ESPN should be called the Patriots network and been that way for years as well. Good luck watching either and trying to get to see any talk about any other team between them. End of rant! Only time any other team gets mention if a star player gets hurt from them. Sorry wasn't end of rant!

teegre
12-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Crap!!!
We scheduled our camping trip for that weekend, because we wouldn't have to be home early.

Is it now a 1:00EST/10:00PST game???

Lady Steel
12-04-2016, 11:51 PM
I would have preferred watching us beat the snot out of the Bengals in prime time, but.. meh... any time will do.

Butch
12-05-2016, 03:46 AM
It will be an early game.

teegre
12-05-2016, 06:19 AM

Thanks

Steelerschik
12-05-2016, 06:22 AM
Of-freakin-course. I would have watched ANY other team, but NOOOOOOOO, it's the fuckin cowboys yet again. Unbelievable.

86WARD
12-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Yep just got bumped for the cowgirls vs the bucs

It's two first place teams...why wouldn't they put that one on?

86WARD
12-05-2016, 05:58 PM

They've already announced its 1:00pm. Late last night the Steelers announced it.

43Hitman
12-05-2016, 06:23 PM
They've already announced its 1:00pm. Late last night the Steelers announced it. I'm good with this. I prefer the early games anyways.

Mojouw
12-05-2016, 06:30 PM
This isn't really all that hard to understand. Cowboys but eyeballs in front of television screens more than basically any other team in the NFL. Maybe NE is in shouting distance. Shockingly a business interested in making money chooses to put those two teams on national television more than any others.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nfl-tv-ratings-viewership-nbc-cbs-fox-espn-nfln-regular-season-playoffs/

This really isn't bias or some over-arching conspiracy. It is more related to the idea that most Americans have shitty taste in NFL teams and are bandwagon sports watchers.

"oooohhhhhhhhhh. Prescot and Elliot, they are the shiny new sportsball players that all my friends at the office watercooler will be talking about. I should watch!"

smokin3000gt
12-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Good.

How so?