PDA

View Full Version : Giants Game

Mojouw
11-29-2016, 03:44 PM
http://deadspin.com/the-giants-defense-has-made-a-historic-turnaround-1789462791

Man...sounds like their defensive rebuild is about a season ahead of where our rebuild is trying to get to.

Should be a really tough game this week. I don't think we have anyone that can stay with Odell - particularly in single coverage. While the Giants do not have anyone who can man cover AB, they don't need to blitz to get pressure and they can maintain double teams on AB. The Steelers do need to blitz to get pressure. That means we are going to see them try and get away with that LB on a WR match-up.

Makes me nervous!

fansince'76
11-29-2016, 04:29 PM
Maybe we can have Porter get under OBJ's skin during pregame warmups and make him angry enough to do something stupid and get ejected for the whole game. :lol:

pczach
11-29-2016, 05:32 PM
Maybe we can have Porter get under OBJ's skin during pregame warmups and make him angry enough to do something stupid and get ejected for the whole game. :lol:

Or we could tell him that his favorite net has been cheating on him with the kicker.

Nothing pisses a man off more than talking about his love interest or his mom.

cold-hard-steel
11-29-2016, 05:39 PM
Hard to believe we have faced the Giants about 75 times . They actually kind of own us with i think a (44-28-3) record . I can't remember the last time we played . Last i could find was 2008 which they won at Heinz field. If the imformation i found was correct we should win this game. Last games have gone Steelers,Giants,Steelers,Giants. Hope that pattern sticks .

tube517
11-29-2016, 05:50 PM
Hard to believe we have faced the Giants about 75 times . They actually kind of own us with i think a (44-28-3) record . I can't remember the last time we played . Last i could find was 2008 which they won at Heinz field. If the imformation i found was correct we should win this game. Last games have gone Steelers,Giants,Steelers,Giants. Hope that pattern sticks .

We beat them in 2012 at MetLife stadium, 24-20.

We need the pattern broken.

cold-hard-steel
11-29-2016, 06:08 PM
We beat them in 2012 at MetLife stadium, 24-20.

We need the pattern broken.

Yeah that sucks because that would, um , well you know um, ah , yeah , change the pattern.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-29-2016, 06:59 PM
Hard to believe we have faced the Giants about 75 times . They actually kind of own us with i think a (44-28-3) record . I can't remember the last time we played . Last i could find was 2008 which they won at Heinz field. If the imformation i found was correct we should win this game. Last games have gone Steelers,Giants,Steelers,Giants. Hope that pattern sticks . Last one I remember with Troy getting the last second fumble recovery for a TD. 0nly to be taking off the board for no other reason then so the Giants would still cover the spreed.

Born2Steel
11-29-2016, 07:00 PM
http://deadspin.com/the-giants-defense-has-made-a-historic-turnaround-1789462791

Man...sounds like their defensive rebuild is about a season ahead of where our rebuild is trying to get to.

Should be a really tough game this week. I don't think we have anyone that can stay with Odell - particularly in single coverage. While the Giants do not have anyone who can man cover AB, they don't need to blitz to get pressure and they can maintain double teams on AB. The Steelers do need to blitz to get pressure. That means we are going to see them try and get away with that LB on a WR match-up.

Makes me nervous!

This is a nervous game for me as well. Not just OBJ, they have a very good receiving corps. Their defense is really stacked too. AB should see Jenkins and Collins the whole game. We can win this one but it's going to take a good game plan and great execution. Go Steelers!!!

st33lersguy
11-29-2016, 07:17 PM
In Ben vs Eli, the road team is undefeated with margin of victory in the 3 contests a combined 14 points. This game will come down to the final minute, and hopefully they win

Moose
11-29-2016, 07:24 PM
Eli isn't Peyton....pressure the crap out of him ! AB no F**kin' dancing/penalties, Ben no throwing interception, take care of the ball, discipline, discipline, discipline. Come out wanting this game and we should be fine.

11-29-2016, 07:51 PM
Eli isn't Peyton....pressure the crap out of him ! AB no F**kin' dancing/penalties, Ben no throwing interception, take care of the ball, discipline, discipline, discipline. Come out wanting this game and we should be fine. Pretty much my thoughts and like I said in another post more worried about the Buffalo game coming up soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh other then if AB puts up 3 td's again, He can walk like a camel or do wtf dance he wants.

BlackAndGold
11-29-2016, 08:44 PM
Burns will be on OBJ. I'll be watching that match up closely.

Expect to see a lot more of Dupree in this game.

teegre
11-29-2016, 10:48 PM
This will be a shootout.

NYGiants: 43
Steelers: 46***

***(six TDs with four 2-point conversions, and two kicked extra-points)

smokin3000gt
11-30-2016, 12:49 AM
This will be a shootout.

NYGiants: 43
Steelers: 46***

***(six TDs with four 2-point conversions, and two kicked extra-points)

Extra points? What are those? We don't kick those whatever they are....

11-30-2016, 01:32 AM
Extra points? What are those? We don't kick those whatever they are.... Style points and Tomlin said he can take them or leave them.

tube517
11-30-2016, 06:26 AM

Or deebo as long snapper, that'll get 'em....er wait.....

Bluecoat96
11-30-2016, 07:26 AM
Maybe this is the game where Ladarius makes his presence known.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rotorhead
11-30-2016, 10:46 AM
I hope this is the game where Dupree makes his presence known!

steel striker
11-30-2016, 11:25 AM
Should be a great game and, I just hope they can contain OBJ. If Ben plays great the steelers win this one and, like mentioned above Green could be the difference.

steelreserve
11-30-2016, 12:26 PM
I've really liked the defensive look lately that's more of a hybrid 4-3 with Tuitt, McCullers, Hargreave and either Dupree, Harrison or a DE. I think that lets each individual on the line play to his strengths, and makes them better as a whole.

If McCullers isn't being counted on as a traditional "Nose Tackle" with a capital N and a capital T, but more of the "anchor" DT while Hargreaves is the penetrating DT, they both do their jobs better and between them take up 3 guys on the OL. It works. Tuitt has been free to wreak havoc on his side, and Dupree has been everywhere. So we've been getting a lot more pressure without always needing to commit 5 or 6 guys.

I don't think Cam Heyward's injury was a good thing by any means - but there is a huge silver lining because it's forced us to re-roll our defensive alignment, and we've stumbled into something that's actually somewhat effective.

The big question, of course, is whether that will actually work against a decent opponent. The Browns and Colts games were much-needed wins, but I don't know if they told us anything because they were both pretty bad teams, especially their quarterback play.

lotas
11-30-2016, 02:38 PM
I think this will be a close game but I don't see our defense giving up more than 24 points. We're finally getting some push off the line on defense, perhaps I'm exaggerating but I feel like it's been YEARS since we have had good push off the line. Seeing Hargrave barrel through the line, stop plays in the backfield, plug holes, get to the QB, it's a thing of beauty we haven't had in any sort of productive capacity since Big Snack.

We have a young, ever-improving crew of DB's, with the veteran Mike Mitchell having one of the best games of his career last week to build on going forward. If he can play like that consistently he makes the defense that much better. Cockrell can cover OBJ as a safe choice, or you can have Burns cover him as more of a risk but higher reward. Burns has the eyes and hands to be an INT machine as he progresses, and he's coming along extremely well IMO, as is Davis.

I'm definitely not nervous, I have faith and confidence this team can carry the energy from the past two weeks into Heinz Field and show the Giants how it's done.
Game on baby.

Iron Steeler
11-30-2016, 04:10 PM
I am hoping it snows. I havent seen OBJ in the snow yet, and i feel our team as a whole is more equipt with a better oline and run game to grind it out in the bad weather

Psycho Ward 86
11-30-2016, 06:24 PM
if we dont feed Bell a paltry number of times like in the Miami game, if Ben plays like he normally has at home the past 3 seasons, those 2 factors alone will get us the W. I expect a game thats much tighter than the scoreboard shows 36-27 steelers.

green and dupree, now's the time for your coming out party

Iron Steeler
11-30-2016, 08:20 PM
We need this win ! Why? Because we need to prove to ourselves and the young players that we can beat the best competition week and week out. If we can catch this W against a playoff team now we can motivate a real superbowl run!

fansince'76
12-01-2016, 10:28 AM
We need this win ! Why? Because we need to prove to ourselves and the young players that we can beat the best competition week and week out. If we can catch this W against a playoff team now we can motivate a real superbowl run!

Also, if we drop this game, we're suddenly 6-6, and I don't know if 9-7 will be good enough to beat out the Ravens for the division, so the margin for error is already thin. We need to stack as many wins as we can. With the AFC West logjam, it's looking like only the division winner for the AFCN will get into the postseason this year.

We gotta make the playoffs first, before anything else.

SteelMember
12-01-2016, 10:29 AM
Also, if we drop this game, we're suddenly 6-6, and I don't know if 9-7 will be good enough to beat out the Ravens for the division, so the margin for error is already thin. We need to stack as many wins as we can. With the AFC West logjam, it's looking like only the division winner for the AFCN will get into the postseason this year.

We gotta make the playoffs first, before anything else.

MuSt winE. Can NO lose no mOre Games!!!! :chuckle:

fansince'76
12-01-2016, 10:32 AM
MuSt winE. Can NO lose no mOre Games!!!! :chuckle:

Thanks for the reminder - I need to bump our new "slumpbuster" thread. :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
12-01-2016, 09:35 PM
keep in mind the giants underachieving offense. even though Eli has only been sacked 13 times and they have a pretty formidable WR corp in Odell Beckham, Sterling Shepard, and Victor Cruz, the giants have only been averaging 23.5 points at home and lucky for us.....18 points per game on the road.

steel striker
12-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Yeah this is a must win and, it feels like the steelers have to run the table to win the division.

zulater
12-03-2016, 07:52 AM
Yeah this is a must win and, it feels like the steelers have to run the table to win the division.

No actually this is the one remaining game the Steelers can most afford to lose. Non division and non conference. The Steelers could actually lose this one and next weeks game at Buffalo and if they win their last 3 games, all divisional opponents, then at 9-7 they could very possibly win the division. I really don't see the Ravens winning all their remaining games.

That said it sure would be nice if the Steelers win this game, it would be a good measuring stick. If they beat the Giants it would suggest to me they have a legitimate shot to make some noise in the playoffs.

tube517
12-03-2016, 08:34 AM

43Hitman
12-03-2016, 08:57 AM

Well that would suck the air out of our kicking game. Special teams are shaky enough without adding in the possibility we need a kicker 24 hours before kick-off.

fansince'76
12-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Ravens are up on the Dolphins 21-0. Gotta win today.

86WARD
12-04-2016, 01:30 PM
Mike Nugent has some issues...lol.

Edman
Ravens are up on the Dolphins 21-0. Gotta win today.

Gotta win today regardless of the outcome. If the Steelers win out, they are AFC North Champions.

A Ravens win or Dolphins win helps the Steelers. The Ravens are cutting the Steelers a bit of a break in the wildcard chase. It's not much, but it is something. It's still much better to win the Division than go the wildcard route again.

But none of this matters if the Steelers don't take care of business today.

Crow-Magnon
24-0, but who's counting!

I'm shocked at that. But any W will put pressure on Pittsburgh to win to stay tied. Could be good or bad depending.

43Hitman
12-04-2016, 01:36 PM
24-0, but who's counting!

I'm shocked at that. But any W will put pressure on Pittsburgh to win to stay tied. Could be good or bad depending.
If it makes them tight, then it will be bad. Really, they should be treating these games as the playoffs.

Shoes
12-04-2016, 02:48 PM
If it makes them tight, then it will be bad. Really, they should be treating these games as the playoffs.

They should play every game with that mindset, but they don't. Instead the Steelers play catch-up football in December like clockwork, year after year. If this isn't a coaching issue I don't know what is.

ALLD
12-04-2016, 06:21 PM
The Steelers need to approach every game like they are in the playoffs. Notice how Ben was more "workmanlike" against the Giants and not taking as many risks. It might not be as exciting, but it wins games. AB needs to get his head out of his butt and think about the team. It's the Steelers, not the ABs.

Steelerschik
12-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Yay! Great win for the Steelers! This is usually their time of the year to shine and hopefully that trend will continue. Overall the D looked better, although I am aware Eli kinda sucked today as well. GOOD JOB STEELERS!!

Born2Steel
12-04-2016, 07:19 PM
Great game by the D. Without the Bell fumble, and the PI call in the endzone, may have been a shutout.

12-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Great game by the D. Without the Bell fumble, and the PI call in the endzone, may have been a shutout. Don't know who it was since I was drinking. Depree, Moats or Chick got molested for the ball was in the air before the PI and as usual non call. Defense IMO played great and think they are starting to come around.

GBMelBlount
12-04-2016, 07:41 PM
The Steelers need to approach every game like they are in the playoffs. Notice how Ben was more "workmanlike" against the Giants and not taking as many risks. It might not be as exciting, but it wins games. AB needs to get his head out of his butt and think about the team. It's the Steelers, not the ABs.

It could also be a Ben issue imo.

86WARD
12-04-2016, 07:48 PM
BULLOCK!

12-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Good win and now time for TWD!

teegre
12-04-2016, 10:36 PM
Good win and now time for TWD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cymqAVPWuo&app=desktop

12-04-2016, 10:45 PM
Lol and good win today and good EP as well.

Steeldude
12-05-2016, 04:04 AM
Don't know who it was since I was drinking. Depree, Moats or Chick got molested for the ball was in the air before the PI and as usual non call. Defense IMO played great and think they are starting to come around.

I wish I could tell you. My daughter kept coming into the bedroom informing me her teeth hurt. So to make her feel better I had to examine them each time. The new teeth are starting to push.

pczach
12-05-2016, 06:04 AM
It could also be a Ben issue imo.

I don't think it's a "Ben issue" at all. I think they have been trying to establish the run and implement Ladarius Green into the game plan. The defense is playing better, and the coaches are adjusting their play calling to that, while also preparing the team to play in the weather conditions that they will be facing the rest of the season.

I don't think they are doing anything because they are worried about Ben. Ben is the least of their problems.

Bell is an absolute beast, the wide receivers are banged up, they have a new toy in Green at TE, and the defensive scheme has been adjusted a bit, and they are preparing and gearing for December, January, and February football.

teegre
12-05-2016, 06:18 AM
good EP as well.

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/25922-TWD-Season-7

:hatsoff:

SteelerFanInStl
12-05-2016, 07:28 AM
OBJ crying after the game. This guy is the biggest crybaby in the NFL. Saying that the refs were against them. LOL! 12 penalties called on the Steelers vs only 4 called on the Giants. What an idiot!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/05/odell-beckham-on-officiating-its-us-against-the-world/

Steeldude
12-05-2016, 07:33 AM
OBJ crying after the game. This guy is the biggest crybaby in the NFL. Saying that the refs were against them. LOL! 12 penalties called on the Steelers vs only 4 called on the Giants. What an idiot!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/05/odell-beckham-on-officiating-its-us-against-the-world/

Didn't the refs buy two of his lame acting performances by throwing flags for him? The guy is overrated.

Also, I thought the Steelers were flagged more. If anything there should have been more holding calls on Flowers against Harrison.

SteelerFanInStl
12-05-2016, 07:48 AM
Didn't the refs buy two of his lame acting performances by throwing flags for him? The guy is overrated.

Also, I thought the Steelers were flagged more. If anything there should have been more holding calls on Flowers against Harrison.

He was barely touched on the PI they called. I remember that one.

The Giants were holding constantly. They were lucky that they weren't called a lot more times.

tube517
12-05-2016, 08:24 AM

:baby:

fansince'76
12-05-2016, 09:39 AM

DA STEALERS PAYED DA REFS!!! :jerkit:

His assessment would be correct. He was held or interfered with on mostly every pass play and got only two penalties called (one was in garbage time). The officiating was an absolute joke and I don't blame him one bit for being mad.

http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?77310-Odell-goes-after-Refs-in-postgame&p=1959416&viewfull=1#post1959416

And how many times did he get away with pushing off again? :rolleyes:

I do agree they were one sided but Odell needs to stop worrying about the refs and start worrying about if Antonio Brown is going to let him play himself in Madden tonight at the sleepover.

http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?77310-Odell-goes-after-Refs-in-postgame&p=1959463&viewfull=1#post1959463

Yeah, they were one-sided...in YOUR favor.

Giants: 4 penalties/24 yards

Steelers: 12 penalties/115 yards

I'm beyond sick of this current generation of whiny-assed crybabies who were raised on participation trophies and pizza-parties-for-coming-in-last that instantly blame the refs whenever their team loses.

Sorry kids, but in real life, people actually lose. And the very vast majority of the time, it's ON THEM when they do. :coffee:

steelreserve
12-05-2016, 10:22 AM

lol, crybaby. Your team played a shitty game, get over it.

For the officiating to win you the game would've taken the most one-sided shitshow of blown calls in years. Even that first big pass interference call you got, the ball was overthrown by almost 10 yards. You should not be rewarded for playing like that.

steel striker
12-05-2016, 02:13 PM
The defense played very well and, you got to give credit to Bullock make all three kicks. The offense played well Ben was good and, Green made the difference in the passing game. Bell was real good except the fumble.

43Hitman
12-05-2016, 06:17 PM
DA STEALERS PAYED DA REFS!!! :jerkit:

http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?77310-Odell-goes-after-Refs-in-postgame&p=1959416&viewfull=1#post1959416

And how many times did he get away with pushing off again? :rolleyes:

http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?77310-Odell-goes-after-Refs-in-postgame&p=1959463&viewfull=1#post1959463

Yeah, they were one-sided...in YOUR favor.

Giants: 4 penalties/24 yards

Steelers: 12 penalties/115 yards

I'm beyond sick of this current generation of whiny-assed crybabies who were raised on participation trophies and pizza-parties-for-coming-in-last that instantly blame the refs whenever their team loses.

Sorry kids, but in real life, people actually lose. And the very vast majority of the time, it's ON THEM when they do. :coffee:
They have a thread over there that has, get this, 13 pages of bitching about the officiating last night. Only one poster did his research and showed them the 12 for 115 and 4 for 24 stat, and they still went with the officials screwing them. The response the poster got for posting up those penalty stats was that this isn't basketball and penalties being one sided isn't the same or some crazy shit like that. One poster actually said that we paid the refs, lmao.

steel striker
12-06-2016, 02:45 PM
Yeah I'm sick of the cry baby WR's in the NFL and, it sure looks like OBJ is at the top of this list! There were several PI calls that did not go the way of the steelers.

86WARD
12-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Yeah I'm sick of the cry baby WR's in the NFL and, it sure looks like OBJ is at the top of this list! There were several PI calls that did not go the way of the steelers.

There were several calls that did go the Steelers way as well...the officiating overall has been piss poor in all directions.

Mojouw
12-06-2016, 05:05 PM
There were several calls that did go the Steelers way as well...the officiating overall has been piss poor in all directions.

Officiating is the same as it has always been in my opinion. We just have the high resolution video technology to beam every play at less than a frame per second into all of our living rooms and the internet for every down and every interaction between two players. Basically, we are just being made "hyper-aware" of what has always been there. Too much happens too fast for the officials to come close to catching most of it.

What did Madden always say - there is holding on every play? There is likely PI on every play as well.

I really think everyone, players, media, fans, just needs to shut up and enjoy the game. Those calls even out. Save your outrage for things like Cowher's infamous 12 men on the field protest, etc.

tube517
12-06-2016, 05:41 PM
Officiating is the same as it has always been in my opinion. We just have the high resolution video technology to beam every play at less than a frame per second into all of our living rooms and the internet for every down and every interaction between two players. Basically, we are just being made "hyper-aware" of what has always been there. Too much happens too fast for the officials to come close to catching most of it.

What did Madden always say - there is holding on every play? There is likely PI on every play as well.

I really think everyone, players, media, fans, just needs to shut up and enjoy the game. Those calls even out. Save your spit for things like Cowher's infamous 12 men on the field protest, etc.

Small correction.