PDA

View Full Version : Ratbirds/Bungholes ?

Moose
11-25-2016, 09:30 AM
Who you want to win ? I know it will help us if the ratbirds lose, but sorry I hate the bungholes and always want them to lose. So, I have to say I want the ratbirds to annihilate the bungholes, and send them hurting. Living around the area I'm tired of the bungholes and their obnoxious fan's. I think the ratbirds will lose 2-3 of their remaining games and hopefully we will win the majority of our remaining games, so therefore we win the division on our own strength. GO STEELER's.

teegre
11-25-2016, 09:31 AM
Go Bengals (100%)

DesertSteel
11-25-2016, 09:43 AM
Bengals. No hesitation.

A. I hate the Ravens MOST
B. Puts in in first place

st33lersguy
11-25-2016, 09:44 AM
On the one hand, I would love to see the bengirls get buried and eliminated but on the other hand the ratturds need to lose as much as they can to help Pittsburgh. I'll take a pass on rooting especially since I detest both anyway

Psycho Ward 86
11-25-2016, 10:14 AM
definitely need the bengals to win

ALLD
11-25-2016, 10:41 AM
Would you rather get run over by a bus or jump off the roof of the Empire State Building?

Iron Steeler
11-25-2016, 10:43 AM
Bengals need to win.

Helps us tremendously

Devilsdancefloor
11-25-2016, 11:33 AM
bungles

SteelerFanInStl
11-25-2016, 01:13 PM
Definitely the Bengals. Ravens are in first place so that's a no brainer.

Born2Steel
11-25-2016, 06:32 PM
Hatred goes to the Ratbirds. Last year's vengeance goes to the Bungles. Have to put vengeance aside for now. Bungles need to win this game. That is the scenario that helps US the most.

Steeldude
11-26-2016, 07:10 AM
Makes no difference to me.

Steelermania
11-26-2016, 05:30 PM
The Bengals have a much easier schedule down the stretch than the Rats. If the Bengals were healthy, I'd want the Rats to win. Since they're not, go Bengals.

teegre
11-26-2016, 09:06 PM
I think that it's pretty obvious/unanimous that a Ravens loss helps the Steelers (for the division race).

So... the question becomes:
For whom do you root: Chiefs or Broncos?

The wild card race is not over. Yes, those two teams have a two-game lead on the Steelers, but a) they still play each other twice, and b) they have a tough couple of games coming up.

Let's assume that the Chiefs lose both of those games. They'd drop back to a tie with the Steelers, and the Steelers hold the head-to-head tie-breaker over them. Plus, the Chiefs play the Raidahs and Falcons... which could be two more losses (9-7 and they lose the tie-breaker to Steelers).

Let's assume that the Broncos lose both of those games. They'd drop back to a tie with the Steelers (I have no clue about tie-breakers). Plus, the Broncos play the Raidahs and Taperiots... which could be two more losses (9-7).

Let's assume that the Broncos & Chiefs split both of those games. They'd drop back one game. With the Chiefs playing the Raidahs & Taperiots, and the Chiefs playing the Raidahs & Falcons, both the Chiefs and Broncos could easily end up with three more losses (10-6, 10-6)

SUMMATION:
Go Raidahs (we're not catching them in the seeding race; so they might as well win out).

Go Taperiots (again, we're not catching them in the seeding race; so, they can beat the Broncos... and the Ravens).

Go Broncos (the Chiefs losing both games helps us the most... but, a split would still be pretty good. The Broncos losing two games "could" help, but it's the least "sure" route).

NOTE: The last-second (miracle) wins by the Broncos over the Saints, and the Chiefs over the Panthers really screwed the Steelers. As you can see, the wild card is not impossible, but if those two games had been losses, it would have made things a whole lot easier.

cold-hard-steel
11-27-2016, 06:38 AM
I hate to even think about the wild card conglomeration,scenario,or what ever you want to call it .Let that "cluster-#@$!" for others.However,a Bengals win here wouldn't hurt us.All we need to do is keep stacking wins neatly in the proper column and we are good to go.To be honest with you i don't think this team has even put everything on the table yet for all to enjoy .That's the beauty of it . Can't wait till they set the full table . GO STEELERS ! ! ! ! ! ! !

pczach
11-27-2016, 07:55 AM
I hate to even think about the wild card conglomeration,scenario,or what ever you want to call it .Let that "cluster-#@$!" for others.However,a Bengals win here wouldn't hurt us.All we need to do is keep stacking wins neatly in the proper column and we are good to go.To be honest with you i don't think this team has even put everything on the table yet for all to enjoy .That's the beauty of it . Can't wait till they set the full table . GO STEELERS ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Good post.

I think you're right. We haven't seen the best this team can be yet.

I despise both of these teams, but I respect the Ravens more than the Bengals. With that said, it's all about what helps the Steelers more, and I believe that the Bengals winning this game would help the Steelers more....So....go Bengals??? :chuckle:

The Steelers just need to keep winning and everything else becomes irrelevant. I still believe they are the best team in the division, and they're getting better and hopefully...healthier.

ALLD
11-27-2016, 03:22 PM
Tucker (K) was the best player on the field in that game. The Ravens are not that good, but the Bengals are horrible. I think they are praying for Week 16 to get here ASAP.

Mojouw
11-27-2016, 04:32 PM
Crap. I has hoping for a Bengals win. Goes towards saving Marvin Lewis' job. Anything that keeps the Bengals at their current status quo is good for the Steelers. God forbid they get a coaching and management team in place that actually knows what they are doing...

Ravens lose a few more and they panic and cut Harbaugh and Newsome loose and then circle the drain until Flacco's contract runs out.

Oh well. Both could still happen.

43Hitman
11-27-2016, 05:06 PM
Crap. I has hoping for a Bengals win. Goes towards saving Marvin Lewis' job. Anything that keeps the Bengals at their current status quo is good for the Steelers. God forbid they get a coaching and management team in place that actually knows what they are doing...

Ravens lose a few more and they panic and cut Harbaugh and Newsome loose and then circle the drain until Flacco's contract runs out.

Oh well. Both could still happen.

That's the spirit! Lmao

Shoes
11-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Dalton is horrible! On the last drive, I believe he had 4 or 5 passes blocked and a lost fumble inside the rats 50. I get tired of Tomlin's bs at times, but can you imagine having Lewis for a coach. :yuck2:

Crow-Magnon
11-27-2016, 05:14 PM
Tucker (K) was the best player on the field in that game. The Ravens are not that good, but the Bengals are horrible. I think they are praying for Week 16 to get here ASAP.

Tucker is money. Three over 50 in one game in an outdoor stadium is gold.

The Ravens are in first by way of a W over Pittsburgh (and 4-0 in the division). But they are not sitting pretty. They look good offensively in the first half and disappear in the second. If the defense wasn't playing decently they'd be 4-7.

With games looking against the Patriots and ending the season with away games in Pittsburgh and Cincinnati (with Miami and Philadelphia in the mix as well), it will be tough for them to stay atop the AFCN.

Iron Steeler
11-27-2016, 07:40 PM
I think that it's pretty obvious/unanimous that a Ravens loss helps the Steelers (for the division race).

The wild card race is not over. Yes, those two teams have a two-game lead on the Steelers, but a) they still play each other twice, and b) they have a tough couple of games coming up.

Let's assume that the Chiefs lose both of those games. They'd drop back to a tie with the Steelers, and the Steelers hold the head-to-head tie-breaker over them. Plus, the Chiefs play the Raidahs and Falcons... which could be two more losses (9-7 and they lose the tie-breaker to Steelers).

Let's assume that the Broncos lose both of those games. They'd drop back to a tie with the Steelers (I have no clue about tie-breakers). Plus, the Broncos play the Raidahs and Taperiots... which could be two more losses (9-7).

Let's assume that the Broncos & Chiefs split both of those games. They'd drop back one game. With the Chiefs playing the Raidahs & Taperiots, and the Chiefs playing the Raidahs & Falcons, both the Chiefs and Broncos could easily end up with three more losses (10-6, 10-6)

SUMMATION:
Go Raidahs (we're not catching them in the seeding race; so they might as well win out).

Go Taperiots (again, we're not catching them in the seeding race; so, they can beat the Broncos... and the Ravens).

Go Broncos (the Chiefs losing both games helps us the most... but, a split would still be pretty good. The Broncos losing two games "could" help, but it's the least "sure" route).

NOTE: The last-second (miracle) wins by the Broncos over the Saints, and the Chiefs over the Panthers really screwed the Steelers. As you can see, the wild card is not impossible, but if those two games had been losses, it would have made things a whole lot easier.

Exactly what i came here for. Needed to try and figure out how we can make the playoffs.

Thank you for this

Shoes
11-27-2016, 08:09 PM

SUMMATION:

Good stuff TR! But what really screwed the Steelers is the Steelers. Every December, without fail it's playing catch-up football.

teegre
11-27-2016, 09:50 PM
Good stuff TR! But what really screwed the Steelers is the Steelers. Every December, without fail it's playing catch-up football.

The silver lining about being one's own worst enemy is that once you correct your own mistakes, no one else can stop you.

Edman
11-27-2016, 10:03 PM
The Steelers are not getting the wildcard this year.

Its Division title or Bust. Want to make the playoffs? Don't lose four in a row.

teegre
11-27-2016, 10:49 PM
Is anyone watching Sunday Night Football???

Holy crap!!! :willy:

st33lersguy
11-27-2016, 11:13 PM
Is anyone watching Sunday Night Football???

Holy crap!!! :willy:

Yep, we may be looking at yet another tie.

teegre
11-28-2016, 12:03 AM
Yep, we may be looking at yet another tie.

That crazy finish (FG hits upright, looks like a miss, but goes in) is fitting for that crazy game.

Raidahs, Taperiots 9-2
Chiefs** 8-3
Dolphins, Broncos 7-4
Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Bills 6-5

**(Steelers hold tie-breaker)

PLAYOFFS (as of right now):

1. Taperiots (east)
2. Raidahs (west)
3. Ravens (north)
4. Texans (south)
WC: Chiefs
WC: Dolphins

7, 8, 9: Broncos, Steelers, Bills (in that order)

tube517
11-28-2016, 12:08 AM
That crazy finish (FG hits upright, looks like a miss, but goes in) is fitting for that crazy game.

Raidahs, Taperiots 9-2
Chiefs** 8-3
Dolphins, Broncos 7-4
Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Bills 6-5

**(Steelers hold tie-breaker)

PLAYOFFS (as of right now):

1. Taperiots (east)
2. Raidahs (west)
3. Ravens (north)
4. Texans (south)
WC: Chiefs
WC: Dolphins

7, 8, 9: Broncos, Steelers, Bills (in that order)

Dolphins are mimicking last year's Chiefs. Shitty start. Beat the Steelers. Start a run and win a bunch of games in a row.

Psycho Ward 86
11-28-2016, 02:24 AM
The Steelers are not getting the wildcard this year.

Its Division title or Bust. Want to make the playoffs? Don't lose four in a row.

yeah no kidding. i keep waiting for Trevor Siemian to have a total meltdown, but he's just good enough to solidify the broncos as one of the wild card teams. and the chiefs may not be winning a superbowl in this lifetime with alex smith at quarterback, but theyre clearly the next most talented wildcard team which leaves all other options out.

i got a whole lot more worried about our playoff prospects after coming to the realization of who we would be contending with should we fail to win the divison

teegre
11-28-2016, 06:24 AM
theyre clearly the next most talented wildcard team

Yep, there's no way that the Steelers would ever be able to contend with the Chiefs. If they were to play one another, the Steelers would likely lose by a score of something like... I don't know... 43-14.

Steelermania
11-28-2016, 08:28 AM
Kubiak must have lost his mind when he tried that fg. A tie would not have been a bad outcome for Denver, now they've dropped behind Miami for the second wild card.

fansince'76
11-28-2016, 08:37 AM
A tie would not have been a bad outcome for Denver, now they've dropped behind Miami for the second wild card.

Remember all the bellyaching when the Steelers lost to the Dolphins on the road about how the Dolphins were "a bottom feeder who would be lucky to maybe win 3 games all year?" :rolleyes:

Steelermania
11-28-2016, 08:47 AM
Remember all the bellyaching when the Steelers lost to the Dolphins on the road about how the Dolphins were "a bottom feeder who would be lucky to maybe win 3 games all year?" :rolleyes:

Sure do. It's why you can't really judge teams until late in the season. A team can have early injuries, or face tough road games early in the year that leave them with a losing record 4 or 5 games in. Miami's not great, but that game obviously doesn't belong on a list of horrible losses, neither does the game in Baltimore.

st33lersguy
11-28-2016, 09:30 AM
Damn that was a crazy finish, watching that in real time I thought he missed it. Couldnt believe it when replay showed it was good. I thought it was good jubilee at least went for the win rather than punt with a minute left

Edman
11-28-2016, 10:55 AM

Yep. At the time the Dolphins were a bad team. They were 1-4.

Now they're clearly not as bad anymore.

Iron Steeler
11-28-2016, 12:30 PM
Yep. At the time the Dolphins were a bad team. They were 1-4.

Now they're clearly not as bad anymore.

we gave them their motivating win to turn the season around.

We are now still looking for ours

Moose
11-28-2016, 01:56 PM

Yup, I was one of those who bitched about losing to the Dolphins. And I still bitch about that loss because AT THE TIME they were a terrible team. True, they are playing alot better now, but just about all the teams are different now than they were at season start. It sure would be nice to have that win now wouldn't it ? 16 game season, all games are must wins !

86WARD
11-28-2016, 02:28 PM
The Dolphins were a horrendous team at that time and there's still no reason if they played tomorrow that the Steelers shouldn't win that game. They lost to a lesser team...a 1-4 team.

86WARD
11-28-2016, 02:29 PM
Tucker is updogg by the way!!!!

teegre
11-28-2016, 05:14 PM
The Dolphins were a horrendous team at that time and there's still no reason if they played tomorrow that the Steelers shouldn't win that game. They lost to a lesser team...a 1-4 team.

I hope that you are right, and the Dolphins return to being a horrendous team, by going 1-4 to end the season (beating the Ravens, but losing to everyone else)...

...that way the Dolphins drop from the "fifth seed" to "out of contention." That would be one less team vying for the Wild Card spots (which, despite all that has transpired, is still a possibility for the Steelers).

43Hitman
11-28-2016, 05:58 PM
I hope that you are right, and the Dolphins return to being a horrendous team, by going 1-4 to end the season (beating the Ravens, but losing to everyone else)...

...that way the Dolphins drop from the "fifth seed" to "out of contention." That would be one less team vying for the Wild Card spots (which, despite all that has transpired, is still a possibility for the Steelers).

Shoot, I'm thinking we take the division and let another team fight over the wild card.

ALLD
11-28-2016, 06:21 PM
The Fins always fade at the end of the season just like the Steelers more often lose to terrible teams.

teegre
11-28-2016, 09:14 PM
Shoot, I'm thinking we take the division and let another team fight over the wild card.

Absolutely. Winning the division is priority #1.

But, the Wild Card is a nice safety net.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-29-2016, 12:36 PM
The Fins always fade at the end of the season just like the Steelers more often lose to terrible teams.Reason for them the talent is just not there and wouldn't surprise me at all to see them fade soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely. Winning the division is priority #1.

But, the Wild Card is a nice safety net. This!

Moose
11-29-2016, 01:49 PM

I also agree 100% I would love to have a season where the Steeler's just go out and take care of business from season start until season end ! I'm tired of having to figure out all of the mathematical equations as to who has to beat who in order for the Steeler's to make the playoffs. I personally think if you can't take care of your own business then you don't deserve to be in the playoff's. It's called beat the teams you are supposed to, and most of the one's you aren't.

Moose
11-29-2016, 01:56 PM

I think you're right on with this 43Hitman. I do think the ratbirds will lose 2-3 out of their remaining games, and if we take care of our business then we have the division and are in playoffs.

Craic
11-29-2016, 03:27 PM
Yup, I was one of those who bitched about losing to the Dolphins. And I still bitch about that loss because AT THE TIME they were a terrible team. True, they are playing alot better now, but just about all the teams are different now than they were at season start. It sure would be nice to have that win now wouldn't it ? 16 game season, all games are must wins !

AT THE TIME, they'd already made the changes that sent them on their winning spree. They were much less the same team that competed the previous week as they were the team that's won since.

Mojouw
11-29-2016, 03:39 PM
The Giants were 2-3 at one point this year before reeling off six straight. Does that mean they are a good team or a bad team? I need to know how furious at Mike Tomlin I need to be during and after the game on Sunday.

Also does that mean that the Ravens losing to them in Week 6 was a bad loss or a close game against a good team? Also need to know that - it will change the size of the shrine to Harbaugh I put up in hopes the Steelers finally get a real coach this offseason.

j-d-s
11-29-2016, 05:34 PM

Well we did lose last year to a 1-5 KC team which then started an 11-game winning streak which was only stopped in the playoffs at New England. Were they a horrendous team as well?

86WARD
11-29-2016, 08:03 PM
Well we did lose last year to a 1-5 KC team which then started an 11-game winning streak which was only stopped in the playoffs at New England. Were they a horrendous team as well?

At the time, they weren't better than a healthy steelers team. They should have still beaten the Chiefs with Jones.

st33lersguy
11-29-2016, 09:23 PM
I also agree 100% I would love to have a season where the Steeler's just go out and take care of business from season start until season end ! I'm tired of having to figure out all of the mathematical equations as to who has to beat who in order for the Steeler's to make the playoffs. I personally think if you can't take care of your own business then you don't deserve to be in the playoff's. It's called beat the teams you are supposed to, and most of the one's you aren't.

Yeah, I miss the days where the Steelers clinched the playoffs by week 15 or 16, where we rooted against the Ravens only to help the Steelers chances of winning the division instead of the wildcard, and all the mathematical equations centered around which teams needed to lose in order for the Steelers to clinch a playoff spot in week 14 or 15. I remember the 08 team clinching a 1st round bye in week 15. Even the 2011 team clinched a playoff spot before playing their week 15 Monday night game. Those days would be nice again

teegre
11-29-2016, 10:40 PM
The Giants were 2-3 at one point this year before reeling off six straight. Does that mean they are a good team or a bad team? I need to know how furious at Mike Tomlin I need to be during and after the game on Sunday.

Also does that mean that the Ravens losing to them in Week 6 was a bad loss or a close game against a good team? Also need to know that - it will change the size of the shrine to Harbaugh I put up in hopes the Steelers finally get a real coach this offseason.

Keep it simple, stupid.

When Tomlin plays a team, that team is always a horrible, no good, very bad sub .500 team.

When Harbaugh plays a team, that team is always the top-rated Super Bowl contender.

Born2Steel
11-30-2016, 01:57 PM
Completely jumping gears again, but not a question worthy of it's own thread......Would the Browns consider trading for Tony Romo? He's probably very happy to back up Dak and make his money, but I bet he still wants to play also. I feel he's done in Dallas. Who would be desperate enough to trade for the bag of broken bones?

Mojouw
11-30-2016, 02:46 PM
Completely jumping gears again, but not a question worthy of it's own thread......Would the Browns consider trading for Tony Romo? He's probably very happy to back up Dak and make his money, but I bet he still wants to play also. I feel he's done in Dallas. Who would be desperate enough to trade for the bag of broken bones?

Don't know if the Browns do because the rest of their team is not ready to compete, so why give up resources (players and/or picks) for an aging QB?

But I suspect the Cardinals, Jets, Texans, Broncos, and maybe the Bills would all have to seriously consider making a run at either Romo or Cutler this off-season. Certainly the Cardinals and Texans have to consider themselves a QB away from SB contention...

43Hitman
12-02-2016, 03:19 PM
Don't know if the Browns do because the rest of their team is not ready to compete, so why give up resources (players and/or picks) for an aging QB?

But I suspect the Cardinals, Jets, Texans, Broncos, and maybe the Bills would all have to seriously consider making a run at either Romo or Cutler this off-season. Certainly the Cardinals and Texans have to consider themselves a QB away from SB contention...

How much did the Texans give Oseweiler?(sp?) That's gotta sting if you're the GM and have to go into the QB bin again right after dumping a ton on Brock.

Mojouw
12-02-2016, 03:23 PM
How much did the Texans give Oseweiler?(sp?) That's gotta sting if you're the GM and have to go into the QB bin again right after dumping a ton on Brock.

No doubt. That's going to go right up there on the shelf next to other "dumb" QB deals. Scott Mitchell, Nick Foles, Bradford, anyone the Steelers signed for like 20 years.

Born2Steel
12-02-2016, 03:30 PM

Romo would be a dangerous edition to the Cardinals, IMO. I can't see the Jets (Fitz, Smith, etc), Texans ( B.O.), Broncos (Siemian, Lynch), or Bills (Taylor, E.J.) trading away for Romo at this point. Of course the Broncos went for Manning, but that was Manning. I don't see the Cowboys keeping Romo, at his salary, as the backup. Maybe he does retire.

43Hitman
12-02-2016, 03:34 PM
No doubt. That's going to go right up there on the shelf next to other "dumb" QB deals. Scott Mitchell, Nick Foles, Bradford, anyone the Steelers signed for like 20 years.
Lol, true. The lean years offered up a smorgasbord of craptastic QB's. That's why its especially important for us to relish these last few years with Ben. Chances are it will be a while before we get another HOFer.

st33lersguy
12-02-2016, 04:56 PM

Knowing how cursed the Browns are, Rome would re-injure his back and end up on IR the first practice of the season. Sad but probably true

j-d-s
12-02-2016, 11:34 PM
Romo would be a dangerous edition to the Cardinals, IMO. I can't see the Jets (Fitz, Smith, etc), Texans ( B.O.), Broncos (Siemian, Lynch), or Bills (Taylor, E.J.) trading away for Romo at this point. Of course the Broncos went for Manning, but that was Manning. I don't see the Cowboys keeping Romo, at his salary, as the backup. Maybe he does retire.

Actually... Romo would be far more dangerous with the Broncos. He's no Peyton Manning, but with that defense they could win a ton of games. I would even say that might be Romo's only shot to win a Lombardi.

86WARD
12-03-2016, 06:03 AM
At this stage, versus Manning's last year in Denver, Romo is far better than Manning.

j-d-s
12-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Exactly. And a team which can go 8-4 with guys like Siemian and Lynch certainly can make a deep postseason run with a QB like Romo.

Born2Steel
12-05-2016, 11:28 AM
If you had your pick today, which of the 3 would you take for your team? Siemian, Lynch, Romo? To start a game right now, heading into the playoffs, I would think go with the experience. If truly ready to play and it's winner take all, go with Romo. Absolutely. Considering next season and the seasons following that, I would rather take one of the young guns. Probably Siemian since he won the starter role over Lynch. If I'm going purely based on prediction and upside, I would take Lynch, who is projected as a future star in the league. It's not a simple answer for all scenarios. A winning QB typically has a pretty good team around him.

st33lersguy
12-05-2016, 12:08 PM
Exactly. And a team which can go 8-4 with guys like Siemian and Lynch certainly can make a deep postseason run with a QB like Romo.

If romo can stay healthy and avoid choking in the clutch

86WARD
12-05-2016, 02:42 PM
That's not even a question. You take Romo 100% of the time. Saying Siemisn, Lynch, Prescott is more of a debate than putting Romo in there based on Prescott's inexperience with playoff football and lack of "big game" experience.

j-d-s
12-06-2016, 10:10 PM
If romo can stay healthy and avoid choking in the clutch

Peyton Manning has the most playoff losses of any QB in history and is known as a playoff choke artist.

He still won his second ring last year. And he played probably the worst football in career.

So...

Born2Steel
12-07-2016, 08:29 AM
That's not even a question. You take Romo 100% of the time. Saying Siemisn, Lynch, Prescott is more of a debate than putting Romo in there based on Prescott's inexperience with playoff football and lack of "big game" experience.

The question is about today, right now. Would you choose the guy with the most experience for the playoff push? The current starter that lead the team this season? Or the prodigy waiting in the wings? Keep in mind, there will be a next season, so that choice effects the future as well. That is the question.

Hawkman
12-07-2016, 09:30 PM
The question is about today, right now. Would you choose the guy with the most experience for the playoff push? The current starter that lead the team this season? Or the prodigy waiting in the wings? Keep in mind, there will be a next season, so that choice effects the future as well. That is the question.

Gee and I thought this was a Ratbirds/Bungles thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Shouldn't even really be on the "Steelers Chat", area.:rofl2:

playing thread police tonight