Who gets your game ball?

Who would you consider a goat?

43Hitman
11-24-2016, 11:28 PM
Game ball: Ben
Goat: ST coverage unit

Psycho Ward 86
11-24-2016, 11:47 PM
Bell easy. Ben probably could have easily gotten the gameball if we had a compelling reason to actually throw the ball. No goats tonight, but Sammie Coates really needs to start showing the fuck up. If he's healthy enough to be on the field, he should be able to catch the damn ball. He definitely dropped a deep ball tonight and i dont blame Ben for not looking his way again. If this keeps up were really REALLY going to struggle against good defenses in the playoffs if we make it that far. We need a deep threat not named AB. Id say Green looks like the answer if it werent for us playing the dead last pass defense in the league that was down 2 starters in the 2ndary by the 2nd quarter

Devilsdancefloor
11-25-2016, 12:05 AM
Game ball : Killer B's

Goat : ST unit

WCSteeler
11-25-2016, 12:11 AM
Game Balls : Ben and AB- When these 2 are on the same page they look unstoppable
Goats: Timmons and Cockrell- both are unbearable in coverage

86WARD
11-25-2016, 04:31 AM
Game Balls: B, B, B and Mitchell. He played a hell of a game.

Goat: Butler. His defensive schemes are just unbearable to watch. If the Colts receivers could catch, that game could very well have been another L.

pczach
11-25-2016, 05:57 AM
Bell easy. Ben probably could have easily gotten the gameball if we had a compelling reason to actually throw the ball. No goats tonight, but Sammie Coates really needs to start showing the fuck up. If he's healthy enough to be on the field, he should be able to catch the damn ball. He definitely dropped a deep ball tonight and i dont blame Ben for not looking his way again. If this keeps up were really REALLY going to struggle against good defenses in the playoffs if we make it that far. We need a deep threat not named AB. Id say Green looks like the answer if it werent for us playing the dead last pass defense in the league that was down 2 starters in the 2ndary by the 2nd quarter

The fact that he's playing shows how badly they are banged up and also how badly they need him back on the field healthy.

During the game, the announcers mentioned that with the two broken fingers, he is only able to catch balls over the shoulder. He shouldn't really be on the field right now. He is also returning kickoffs and on special teams coverage. He is doing whatever he can do to help the team. He is helping the team even when he doesn't catch the ball just by stretching the defense with his deep threat ability and speed.

I think fans need to understand his role right now. If they didn't need him, he wouldn't be out there. He is the Bryant replacement player. He is the only player on the current roster that has the skillset that Bryant has, and the ability to influence defenses merely with his presence. I think you have to consider that and cut him some slack.

This team needs to get him healthy and have him start making the big plays he was making before the injury. With Bell playing lights out, the offensive line playing better, AB on the other side, Green becoming a factor, and Ben being Ben....the offense will be very difficult to stop if they avoid serious injuries the rest of the way.

st33lersguy
11-25-2016, 07:14 AM
Balls: AB, Ben, bell, 4th quarter ints

ALLD
11-25-2016, 07:17 AM
AB = 3 TDs.

Moose
11-25-2016, 09:19 AM
BALLS .... Ben, Bell, Green ( making catches in needed situations to keep drive alive).
GOAT .... Special team and Secondary ( sick and tired of the pathetic/missed tackling).
Sorry for not mentioning Brown for anything, but I'm disgusted with his F***kin' celebration shit ! Apparently he doesn't realize that our special team is super pathetic and can't tackle grandma. He celebrates and we get 15 yrd. penalty on kick, which in return GIVES the opponent a return which means better field position. In last night's game because of penalty Indy returned the ball almost midfield, which (because of sucken' secondary and lucky passes) gave Indy TD. Folks, let's think about it, this wasn't a 'blow' out in the sense of the word. Indy left alot of potential points on the field and this could have been a close game, with a back-up QB that hasn't started a game in 3 years !! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for the much needed win, but why in the hell didn't we play like we did on the first 3 possessions ?

DesertSteel
11-25-2016, 09:38 AM
Ball: AB, Gravedigger and L. Green for finally making a contribution to earn his paycheck. (He's nowhere near a 4.5).
Goat: Cockrell - he's a hack.

Shoes
11-25-2016, 10:05 AM
Offense gets a ball, I don't think Ben has been sacked in a few games now....Amazing! Got to give the D one also for holding the Colts to 7 points and the shutdowns on 4th and goal.

Sammie Coates is a goat, he can't catch with or without broken fingers. As David Todd pointed out *he and Ben have missed on the last 13 targets. That might be a record* You can also add Danny Smith & his ST's to the list

Craic
11-25-2016, 02:39 PM
No goats tonight, but Sammie Coates really needs to start showing the fuck up. If he's healthy enough to be on the field, he should be able to catch the damn ball.
I'm thinking maybe you missed the announcers stating:

The fact that he's playing shows how badly they are banged up and also how badly they need him back on the field healthy. . . .
And the rest of your post, pczach, is exactly right.

Gameball: Bell. Tonight showed once again why, if he can keep clean and healthy, the Steelers can boast having three of the best skill playersin 3 different positions, and 5 in five different positions in the NFL. Speaking of which, Brown gets one as well. Ben gets a HM for his work in the game, but Brown and Bell earned it just a little more last night, IMO.

Goat: Medical staff. Whatever is going on with the Steelers, they need to seriously assess why there's so many injuries on this team. I may be wrong, but it seems exorbitant.

Steeldude
11-25-2016, 05:41 PM
Heroes:
BR

Brown

Bell

Hargrave

Harrison

Goats:

Pass defense. The Colts dropped so many easy passes. Butler's defense is porous. The Steeler defense was lucky.

Coates. Wow, he is is awful. Spare me the injured fingers excuse. His hand placement when receiving is horrendous. He quite literally has no idea how to catch a football.

Born2Steel
11-25-2016, 06:14 PM
Heroes:
BR

Brown

Bell

Hargrave

Harrison

Goats:

Pass defense. The Colts dropped so many easy passes. Butler's defense is porous. The Steeler defense was lucky.

Coates. Wow, he is is awful. Spare me the injured fingers excuse. His hand placement when receiving is horrendous. He quite literally has no idea how to catch a football.

Injured fingers, hand placement. Should be an obvious connection. Thanks to Coates for even playing with broken fingers,

- - - Updated - - -

Gameball to everyone. Great gameplan. Great execution.

Goat to 2 special teams plays. Goats to WC Steelers and 86 Ward, just negative ninnies.

Did what we needed to. One for the win column.

Butch
11-25-2016, 06:25 PM
Game Ball - Mitchell played one helluva game
Goats - Special Teams gave up a huge return then let their idiot punter complete a pass on 4th down.

btw why wasn't that a penalty when he show boated or when they celebrated their touchdown yet when AB does it there goes a flag?

Mojouw
11-25-2016, 06:30 PM
Goats - Special Teams gave up a huge return then let their idiot punter complete a pass on 4th down.

btw why wasn't that a penalty when he show boated or when they celebrated their touchdown yet when AB does it there goes a flag?

Because Mike Tomlin coached team's are undisciplined and full of me first selfish players who couldn't have carried the jock straps of the real men who played in the NFL back when it was truly football and worth watching.

/I'll show myself out...

Butch
11-25-2016, 06:41 PM
Because Mike Tomlin coached team's are undisciplined and full of me first selfish players who couldn't have carried the jock straps of the real men who played in the NFL back when it was truly football and worth watching.

/I'll show myself out...

While I love it when someone scores and doesn't have to do a dance, I also understand that this is not the same NFL of days gone by.

What I don't like is that the NFL officials chose to selectively enforce penalties against us while other teams who do the same thing are completely ignored. That strut by their kicker was way over the top yet not a single flag was thrown. Also on their touchdown their players celebrated in the endzone as well yet again not a single flag.

Psycho Ward 86
11-25-2016, 09:15 PM
The fact that he's playing shows how badly they are banged up and also how badly they need him back on the field healthy.

During the game, the announcers mentioned that with the two broken fingers, he is only able to catch balls over the shoulder.

Hmm if this is true ill give him somewhat of a pass. But even his dropped pass had him using horrid technique to even attempt the catch.

Craic
11-25-2016, 09:35 PM
Hmm if this is true ill give him somewhat of a pass. But even his dropped pass had him using horrid technique to even attempt the catch.

I'm sure, but chances are, he's trying to protect the injured fingers. We've seen him catch much better, so until there's no injury and he still drops balls, I'll give him a pass, but even then, it might take a week or so to break habits he's developed. However, that's all he gets, because as a professional, I'd expect him to hit the jugs machine every day after practice and focus on technique.

teegre
11-26-2016, 01:17 AM
Post game interview...

Tomlin was asked how he's liked what Burns, Davis, & Hargrave "have done". Tomlin replies that he is excited about what those three "will do."

Do not get me wrong. Tomlin acknowledged how good those three have already been, but he also added two other statements about those three players' futures: a) they are endearing themselves to the veterans, who are in turn b) teaching them (and they are learning).

In other words, Tomlin foresees the three of them on the cusp of breaking out.

Add in some Dupree... and, voila! the defense is "good enough" to win a championship.

Steeldude
11-26-2016, 03:54 AM
Injured fingers, hand placement. Should be an obvious connection. Thanks to Coates for even playing with broken fingers,

His poor hand placement was the same before the injury and in college. It has nothing to do with his fingers. He just has no idea how to catch a football. He is like Wallace, but worse.

86WARD
11-26-2016, 06:02 AM
Lol.

If Danny Smith is a coach on this team in 2017 I'm going to break something...

zulater
11-26-2016, 09:56 AM
why wasn't that a penalty when he show boated or when they celebrated their touchdown yet when AB does it there goes a flag?

My thoughts exactly. Also how the hell was that running into the kicker as opposed to roughing the kicker when they almost took Berry's leg off after a punt?

My game ball goes to the 3 B's. Ben , Bell and AB.

No goats for me. But a couple things that got my attention that hopefully will be addressed by the coaching staff. What the hell was Vince Williams doing strolling a perfectly placed Berry punt into the end zone for a touch back? WTF! :frusty: Yeah the game was in hand by then, but (A.) that cheats Berry out of an inside the 10 punt. Those add up come contract time. and (B) it was just ridiculously stupid and showed a lack of awareness for the rules of the game!

Next why is Fitzy Toussant running out of bounds when he's given an end of game carry to help run out the clock? Do these guys not know how football is played? :doh:

st33lersguy
11-26-2016, 10:24 AM

Cause those other guys are not steelers

86WARD
11-26-2016, 12:27 PM
My thoughts exactly. Also how the hell was that running into the kicker as opposed to roughing the kicker when they almost took Berry's leg off after a punt?

Not only that they hit his "punt leg", but they hit the plant keg which is the one that draws the roughing penalty.

My game ball goes to the 3 B's. Ben , Bell and AB.

No goats for me. But a couple things that got my attention that hopefully will be addressed by the coaching staff. What the hell was Vince Williams doing strolling a perfectly placed Berry punt into the end zone for a touch back? WTF! :frusty: Yeah the game was in hand by then, but (A.) that cheats Berry out of an inside the 10 punt. Those add up come contract time. and (B) it was just ridiculously stupid and showed a lack of awareness for the rules of the game!

Danny Smith is terrible. Time and time again, the Steelers special teams is screwing up one way or another.

Next why is Fitzy Toussant running out of bounds when he's given an end of game carry to help run out the clock? Do these guys not know how football is played? :doh:

This team plays very stupid at times...more than they should. It's not even "the heat of play" bonehead play it's just mentally unprepared play. Basically not thinking and playing the way the situation dictates. I would like to think someone reminded him to stay in bounds and he didn't listen, but I'm not so sure anyone on the team was that aware.

tube517
11-26-2016, 03:15 PM
Game ball: Killer Bees

Goat:

Danny Smith needs to be let go
NBC/Michelle Tafoya for not giving the Bees a napkin after giving them turkey legs (?!?!)
L.T. Walton for slapping Deebo in the back of the helmet and knocking him dizzy.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-26-2016, 10:13 PM

During the game, the announcers mentioned that with the two broken fingers, he is only able to catch balls over the shoulder. He shouldn't really be on the field right now. He is also returning kickoffs and on special teams coverage. He is doing whatever he can do to help the team. He is helping the team even when he doesn't catch the ball just by stretching the defense with his deep threat ability and speed.

I think fans need to understand his role right now. If they didn't need him, he wouldn't be out there. He is the Bryant replacement player. He is the only player on the current roster that has the skillset that Bryant has, and the ability to influence defenses merely with his presence. I think you have to consider that and cut him some slack.

This team needs to get him healthy and have him start making the big plays he was making before the injury. With Bell playing lights out, the offensive line playing better, AB on the other side, Green becoming a factor, and Ben being Ben....the offense will be very difficult to stop if they avoid serious injuries the rest of the way.This a hundred times over and without Coates being a deep threat the offense ain't the same. Great post pczach (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/member.php/1639-pczach) and few wont want to admit it!

Craic
11-26-2016, 10:56 PM

My guess is, it's the same reason Franco Harris ran out of bounds instead of taking the unnecessary hit. There's still a lot of football left and with the game already in hand, why take the chance of injury just to hit someone? Had it been a 4 point game, I'd be right there with you. Even a 9 point game. But with the point spread, there was no reason to take it.

Born2Steel
11-27-2016, 12:08 AM
His poor hand placement was the same before the injury and in college. It has nothing to do with his fingers. He just has no idea how to catch a football. He is like Wallace, but worse.

A total full of shit post. Sammy Coates was THE goto guy at Auburn. It's ok if you don't like a player. That's fine. But you need to know what the hell you're talking about first if you want to trash his ability.

11-27-2016, 12:53 AM
A total full of shit post. Sammy Coates was THE goto guy at Auburn. It's ok if you don't like a player. That's fine. But you need to know what the hell you're talking about first if you want to trash his ability. This poster knows what he is talking about. We had that in Bryant and think he was a freak like Randy Moss. Coates ain't no slouch either and watched him for Auburn also. Watch how the offense was in rhythm the first couple games and see how it changed now!

- - - Updated - - -

Occam's razor and the solution is simple but most don't want to admit it.

11-27-2016, 01:03 AM
Pitt needs a legit deep threat and without the offense will never reach it's potential.

zulater
11-27-2016, 07:57 AM
My guess is, it's the same reason Franco Harris ran out of bounds instead of taking the unnecessary hit. There's still a lot of football left and with the game already in hand, why take the chance of injury just to hit someone? Had it been a 4 point game, I'd be right there with you. Even a 9 point game. But with the point spread, there was no reason to take it.

He didn't have to take a hit. He merely had to fall down in bounds. And Franco averaged more than 25 touches per game through a long distinguished career. Toussant has less than 25 touches this season,. and he needs to preserve himself? :doh: He's a role player. He has to understand situational football and be willing to make the necessary sacrifice when called upon.

86WARD
11-27-2016, 09:23 AM
Pitt needs a legit deep threat and without the offense will never reach it's potential.

One post you say Coates isn't a slouch, the next post you say the Steelers need a legit deep threat. One of Coates' "strengths" is his speed and ability to go deep...is he not legit?

11-27-2016, 02:50 PM
One post you say Coates isn't a slouch, the next post you say the Steelers need a legit deep threat. One of Coates' "strengths" is his speed and ability to go deep...is he not legit? He's a slouch now cause of his broken fingers.

fansince'76
11-27-2016, 03:38 PM
He didn't have to take a hit. He merely had to fall down in bounds. And Franco averaged more than 25 touches per game through a long distinguished career. Toussant has less than 25 touches this season,. and he needs to preserve himself? :doh: He's a role player. He has to understand situational football and be willing to make the necessary sacrifice when called upon.

Being up by 3 TDs as opposed to 3 points is a part of situational football as well. If the outcome of the game were still in doubt at that point, it would have ticked me off too, but it wasn't, so...

zulater
11-27-2016, 09:28 PM
Being up by 3 TDs as opposed to 3 points is a part of situational football as well. If the outcome of the game were still in doubt at that point, it would have ticked me off too, but it wasn't, so...

If it were Bell or DeAngelo I would have been all for it. But Fitz should appreciate the fact he's on an NFL roster and when he gets a chance he should be fully engaged and know what he's supposed to be doing out there. Little things now can add up to big things when it matters if you don't make a practice of keeping your head into the game.

Same goes for Vince Williams and his inexplicable handling of a punt that should have pinned the Colts inside their 5. He screwed his teammate (Berry) out of 17 net yards and a punt inside the 20 for his stats. It was just stupid football. I don't care what the score was at the time.