PDA

View Full Version : Final Record Predictions

BigBen2004
11-18-2016, 12:40 AM
I'm curious to see what you all think here.

Does Pittsburgh win the weak AFC North? Or do they sit at home in January?

My prediction; Ceiling 10-6, Floor 8-8.

With the talent this offense possesses, and their knack for "turning it on" in the later parts of the season, I believe Ben and Co. will do just enough to win this weak division.
Will they win the Super Bowl? In my opinion, absolutely not.

So tell me, what are your honest predictions for the season?

zulater
11-18-2016, 05:02 AM
Anything between 6-10 and 11-5 is plausible with this team. Put a gun to my head right now and make me predict and I'll guess 9-7. That's just my gut feeling.

teegre
11-18-2016, 06:20 AM
15-5

steelreserve
11-18-2016, 10:29 AM
Probably 9-7, maybe ochos if we have to see any more of Landry Jones.

"Another season without a losing record! See, we're doing great - HATERS!!!"

WCSteeler
11-18-2016, 12:15 PM
8-8 seems about right, even at 8-8 that means the team has to be better than .500 for the remainder of the season and they haven't shown offensively or defensively. I wouldn't be surprised if the team finishes 7-9 but really hope not. The bottom line is the offense is not reliable, the defense is the worst it's been in the last 10+ seasons and the coaching is awful

86WARD
11-18-2016, 02:06 PM
9-7 and Tomlin keeps his job again because no losing season...

sportfiction
11-18-2016, 08:22 PM
9-7, unfortunately. The game @ Cincinnati will be huge!

cold-hard-steel
11-19-2016, 08:29 AM
11-8

plenewken
11-19-2016, 10:14 AM
7-9

Steel Peon
11-19-2016, 03:41 PM
I have to revise my initial optimism, and I'm now going with 7-9, in what will be declared a "Rebuilding Season."

Born2Steel
11-19-2016, 04:35 PM
I'll let you know after week 17.

st33lersguy
11-19-2016, 05:51 PM
With their porous road track record, 7-9

SteelMayhem72
11-19-2016, 06:09 PM
8-8

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

j-d-s
11-19-2016, 06:45 PM
I still think we win the division at 10-6. Because contraty to the usual panic mode after losses, I think we played some good football against the Cowboys. Not over the top, but one has to realize that we probably lost to the best team in NFL right now. That is why we still are the best team in our division, it will probably come down to the Ravens game for the division victory (and a playoff berth), we should be able to win that. Aside from that match we only face one team over .500, which is the Giants and is at home.

The most difficult game to me seems to be that one @Buffalo. I was and am pretty sure we will lose there, which also would doom our wildcard chances (which are slim anyways because of those AFC West teams).

Mojouw
11-20-2016, 12:27 AM
I'm feeling grumpy and cantankerous tonight. I'll go 11-5 with an AFC championship game appearance.

Renegade
11-20-2016, 01:49 AM
At Browns w 5-5 (way to close a game)
At Colts L 5-6
vs. Giants w? (this game is going to be close) 6-6
At Bills L 6-7
At Bengals w (bengals and browns just flop in this rivalry) 7-7
Vs. Ravens w (they need to win this game so badly. If they are serious about doing anything) 8-7
vs. Browns w 9-7

All the steelers need to do is win the remaining division games and win 1 of the colts, giants or bills. that gives them 9 wins. The bengals are already in the hole, browns of course are done. That leaves baltimore. They will lose in New England and Pittsburgh. All they have to do is mess up in one of the cincinnatti games to finish 9-7 as well. Steelers would hold tiebreakers due to having a better division record at 5-1 compared to ravens at 4-2. Steelers run the north!

teegre
11-20-2016, 02:24 AM
All the steelers need to do is win the remaining division games and win 1 of the colts, giants or bills. that gives them 9 wins.

Yep

For everyone concerned about Denver, New England, and... well... any other team besides Baltimore, read the above post. Learn it, know it, live it.

Steeldude
11-20-2016, 10:18 PM
The NFL isn't what it used to be. Teams are full of prima donnas, lazy players, bad players and immature players. It no longer resembles much of a team sport. It will only get worse.

I know the the 80's sucked for the Steelers, but they were well coached. They really only lacked a good QB to get them into the post-season.

j-d-s
11-21-2016, 09:02 AM
At Browns w 5-5 (way to close a game)
At Colts L 5-6
vs. Giants w? (this game is going to be close) 6-6
At Bills L 6-7
At Bengals w (bengals and browns just flop in this rivalry) 7-7
Vs. Ravens w (they need to win this game so badly. If they are serious about doing anything) 8-7
vs. Browns w 9-7

All the steelers need to do is win the remaining division games and win 1 of the colts, giants or bills. that gives them 9 wins. The bengals are already in the hole, browns of course are done. That leaves baltimore. They will lose in New England and Pittsburgh. All they have to do is mess up in one of the cincinnatti games to finish 9-7 as well. Steelers would hold tiebreakers due to having a better division record at 5-1 compared to ravens at 4-2. Steelers run the north!

But if the Ravens sweep the Bengals (so division record for both 5-1), then it gets really tricky. If we both finish 9-7 or 10-6, the next tiebreaker would be common games, where we would likely win if we beat the Bills and Giants (Ravens face Pats, Dolphins and Eagles) (we are 2-4 vs NFC East and AFC East, they 1-4). If we only beat one of them and the Ravens manage to beat the Dolphins and Eagles but lose to the Pats, this is also tied.
Next tiebreaker is conference record, where both are currently 2-2 excluding the division. They face the Dolphins and Pats, we the Colts and Bills, which means that the Bills game is big, if we win there, we likely own the tiebreaker no matter what.

The final tiebreaker would be strength of victory, which is more difficult to predict, but since we already beat the Chiefs and Redskins, while the Ravens have not beaten any team over .500 until now, we probably will have the upper hand on that one.

DesertSteel
11-21-2016, 10:03 AM
15-5

ALLD
11-21-2016, 06:27 PM
The NFL isn't what it used to be. Teams are full of prima donnas, lazy players, bad players and immature players. It no longer resembles much of a team sport. It will only get worse.

I know the the 80's sucked for the Steelers, but they were well coached. They really only lacked a good QB to get them into the post-season.

I did not watch any NFL or highlights in the past week and my life was fine. I got tired of the bad refs and protests. I have only been on this forums a couple of times too. Steelers don't have a defense therefore they go 9-7 or 10-6 because others teams have no defense or offense. I bet Ben is about ready to mail in the rest of the season by Thanksgiving.