PDA

View Full Version : Steelers defensive end Cam Heyward out for rest of season

tube517
11-15-2016, 01:01 PM
http://www.wtae.com/article/steelers-defensive-end-cam-heyward-out-for-rest-of-season/8292861

"I would like to thank everyone who has been in my corner this season. It pains me to say that I will not get to continue playing this season. My role will change as I can not play but it will not change the goals the team has set out. My support for this team will only grow and I look forward in watching this team grow and fight on. Hate being on the sideline but there is a greater plan taking place. My patience will be tested but I look forward to 2017. My hand will remain in the pile no matter what!"

st33lersguy
11-15-2016, 01:10 PM
And just when we thought things couldn't get any worse

SteelMayhem72
11-15-2016, 01:14 PM
http://www.wtae.com/article/steelers-defensive-end-cam-heyward-out-for-rest-of-season/8292861
Wish every player on our team had his heart and class!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

pczach
11-15-2016, 01:16 PM
Well....just another year where devastating injuries keep piling up.

This totally sucks. Cam has been playing hurt and Tuitt is exhausted from having to play every down. Dupree hasn't played a snap all year.

I thought that the defensive line and the pass rushing presence of Dupree would be a strength, and that the defense would be much better. It just hasn't worked out that way due to injuries.

On the bright side, Hargrave will have a full year of experience and a full off season of NFL caliber conditioning. A healthy Heyward, Tuitt, and Dupree does still get me excited about the future.

steelreserve
11-15-2016, 01:28 PM
Are you shitting me?

Well, that looks like it's about the end of the line for the defense this year. I don't know how the pass rush recovers from this one, not that we had a pass rush to begin with.

86WARD
11-15-2016, 01:44 PM
Well that was a "fun" season.

Once again, the injury evaluation in this team blows...

86WARD
11-15-2016, 01:45 PM
On the bright side, Hargrave will have a full year of experience and a full off season of NFL caliber conditioning. A healthy Heyward, Tuitt, and Dupree does still get me excited about the future.

I noticed you didn't include shazier in your healthy list...is that because you think he will be injured...again?

Shoes
11-15-2016, 02:32 PM
I expect the Steelers will be picking #15 or less in next years draft. Time to start dreaming again. :chuckle:

Mojouw
11-15-2016, 02:41 PM
https://static01.nyt.com/images/2016/08/05/us/05onfire1_xp/05onfire1_xp-facebookJumbo.jpg

Psycho Ward 86
11-15-2016, 02:44 PM
looks like Tomlin didnt learn about overusing our DE's from last year. Looks like Tuitt is about to be overworked even more than before. If he's next, i wouldnt be the least bit surprised

WCSteeler
11-15-2016, 02:49 PM
Bad news but there couldnt have been a soul on this forum who expected the Steelers to have made the playoffs even before this news. Now everyone can say "it's the injuries that derailed the season not awful coaching"

SteelMember
11-15-2016, 03:30 PM
...well shit, that's just great.

pczach
11-15-2016, 04:50 PM
I noticed you didn't include shazier in your healthy list...is that because you think he will be injured...again?

No.

I was just commenting about the defensive line and the primary rushing threat. Having a healthy Shazier behind a good defensive line will definitely free him up to make even more splash plays.

I know things look like shit right now, but I still believe the future is bright. They should be in great shape for next year with the experience the young players are getting this year. If they can add a quality pass rusher through the draft or preferably free agency on the opposite side of Dupree and add even more talent,they will be in a very good spot with quality depth. The secondary appears to be getting better at the corner position, and with more health and experience Butler should have the talent for the defense to be more multiple, and the ability to more effectively run his scheme.

There are too many pieces on this defense that I like from a talent perspective to think that it can't get a lot better very quickly.

Rotorhead
11-15-2016, 04:56 PM
All I can think is what a waste for the last year for JH, was hoping he had a good chance to get one more ring. At least we can get Hargrave and McCullers more exp this season.

fansince'76
11-15-2016, 05:12 PM
Bad news but there couldnt have been a soul on this forum who expected the Steelers to have made the playoffs even before this news. Now everyone can say "it's the injuries that derailed the season not awful coaching"

There's at least 4 or 5 "Tomlin sucks" threads. Feel free to either post in one of those or turn the broken record over anytime now...

Rara
11-15-2016, 05:16 PM
My favorite defensive player gone for the year, that fucking sucks.

pczach
11-15-2016, 05:18 PM
There's at least 4 or 5 "Tomlin sucks" threads. Feel free to either post in one of those or turn the broken record over anytime now...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lsrXLY26FmA/VSdNddh7yVI/AAAAAAAAJwY/EHwQkUpl74g/s1600/broken-record.jpg

Mojouw
11-15-2016, 06:14 PM

I did expect them to make the playoffs and still do. The remaining schedule is in their favor and running against the other teams in the AFC North. Most predictions out there, still like the Steelers to take the division. I know, weird right? That being said, it is a division crown or bust this year in the AFC, no way they get in as a wild card.

BlackAndGold
11-15-2016, 06:27 PM
This season is pretty much over. Defense was already crap, now the best player is gone.

With all the $$$ they'll have in the offseason, they better use it for better d-line depth.

Devilsdancefloor
11-15-2016, 06:27 PM
he is a very class act

zulater
11-15-2016, 08:33 PM
Good player. Good guy. Tough loss. :frusty:

"Moj" is right. The Steelers could still win the division. But even with a healthy Cam it was a tough sell to believe they had any sort of chance of making an extended run in the playoffs with that defense. Now no Cam, no chance of getting to the AFC title game imo. I just hope we have a new defensive coordinator when he comes back next season.

WCSteeler
11-15-2016, 10:45 PM

There should be 6 or 7��

DesertSteel
11-16-2016, 10:13 AM
As big of a deal as it should be, I'm not much concerned about the effect to the on-field performance of the D. Yeah he's good, but until the whole D steps up, it's not gonna make much of a difference. Maybe this will light a fire. Who knows. All I know is that it wasn't working with Cam on the field either.

- - - Updated - - -

WRONG. I did expect it even after Sunday's loss, and I still expect it now, after Cam being out. The AFCN sucks and this team can go 9-7 and take the division. Houston is in first place without JJ Watt and Cam aint no JJ.

steel striker
11-16-2016, 10:39 AM
Another season of terrible injuries.

pczach
11-16-2016, 06:26 PM
As big of a deal as it should be, I'm not much concerned about the effect to the on-field performance of the D. Yeah he's good, but until the whole D steps up, it's not gonna make much of a difference. Maybe this will light a fire. Who knows. All I know is that it wasn't working with Cam on the field either.

- - - Updated - - -

WRONG. I did expect it even after Sunday's loss, and I still expect it now, after Cam being out. The AFCN sucks and this team can go 9-7 and take the division. Houston is in first place without JJ Watt and Cam aint no JJ.

Yep. Well said.

Sometimes, the players on the field need to understand that they need to step up their game now that a player they look up to as a leader isn't there. They need to understand that their time is now. They need to all start making plays, but it all starts by everyone doing their job. Great things happen when everyone takes care of their own responsibilities and are accountable for their performances. Be confident, be smart, be aggressive, and most of all strive to be your best self because that's what the team needs right now from everyone.

That's how unexpected great things happen.

Let's take the training wheels off and let them fly around the field. Get creative. Get crazy. Let's see what happens. With Ben healthy again....I like their chances to win the division.

Rotorhead
11-16-2016, 06:59 PM
On a better note, JH will start getting more snaps on that side, so the run def should not drop off as he can actually get off his blocks and make some tackles.

Hawkman
11-17-2016, 03:09 PM
Interesting that they haven't put Heyward on the IR yet. He is listed on the regular weekly injury report.

BigBen2004
11-17-2016, 03:16 PM
^ I was going to ask about that.

Does anyone have any idea why he is still listed on the injury report?

Hawkman
11-17-2016, 05:55 PM
^ I was going to ask about that.

Does anyone have any idea why he is still listed on the injury report?

Guess that would be NO. Some conspiracy thing going on.