PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Running The Wheels Off Stephon Tuitt

Shoes
11-14-2016, 05:19 PM
Run the wheels off Willie Parker. And that’s exactly what the Pittsburgh Steelers did. I don’t think Stephon Tuitt has that same speed but the team is pushing him as hard as anyone on this time.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/11/steelers-running-wheels-off-stephon-tuitt/

86WARD
11-14-2016, 06:49 PM
It's because he and Heyward are the only NFL Talented DEs on this team.

teegre
11-14-2016, 08:45 PM
Alas, last year, by season's end, Heyward & Tuitt were worn out (in turn, less effective).

tube517
11-15-2016, 11:49 AM
Heyward has a pectoral injury. Not good news.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/11/report-cameron-heywards-pectoral-injury-not-good/

That leaves Tuitt as the only DL worth a damn for the rest of the year

steelreserve
11-15-2016, 01:31 PM
Yeah, we were not only short one impact player on the line, we were missing a Chris Hoke equivalent too. Same goes for a lot of other positions. Really makes you appreciate how much talent we had stockpiled back in the mid-2000s teams.

Born2Steel
11-15-2016, 01:36 PM
Well, this does suck. Get well fast Cam. Gonna miss that dude badly.

86WARD
11-15-2016, 01:46 PM
Heyward has a pectoral injury. Not good news.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/11/report-cameron-heywards-pectoral-injury-not-good/

That leaves Tuitt as the only DL worth a damn for the rest of the year

So does Butler have a package in his arsenal that rushes one defensive lineman?

Born2Steel
11-15-2016, 02:05 PM
So does Butler have a package in his arsenal that rushes one defensive lineman?

LOL! Going to play in prevent the whole game.

Psycho Ward 86
11-15-2016, 02:45 PM
LOL! Going to play in prevent the whole game.

and we'll still find a way to get beat deep

86WARD
11-15-2016, 07:52 PM
Tuitt will be the next on IR. I say three more games...

SteelerFanInStl
11-16-2016, 07:16 AM
It's because he and Heyward are the only NFL Talented DEs on this team.

I don't know what has happened to Matthews. He looked good in the preseason but I've noticed very little of him in the regular season. I guess that he's only good playing against backups.

DesertSteel
11-16-2016, 10:24 AM
I don't know what has happened to Matthews. He looked good in the preseason but I've noticed very little of him in the regular season. I guess that he's only good playing against backups.
I have no confidence in Tomlin's player evaluation skills. He sits players who, when given the chance, perform well in games.

SteelerFanInStl
11-16-2016, 12:18 PM
I have no confidence in Tomlin's player evaluation skills. He sits players who, when given the chance, perform well in games.

Can't say that I disagree. It's happened far too often where we've been left to wonder why a certain player isn't getting more snaps.

Mojouw
11-16-2016, 12:34 PM

Matthews was part of the "solution" during Heyward's first injury situation. He got blown off the ball so soundly, particularly in the Miami game, that Hargrave and McCullers started taking DE snaps.

Here is the midseason review from Steelers Depot (highlighting is mine):

Ricardo Mathews: Free agent signing Ricardo Mathews has not exactly done all that much yet, though he has only logged about 125 or so snaps, most of which came in the last two games with Heyward sitting out. He has recorded four tackles, three of which have been assists. He does have three pressures in the passing game, and we saw him find success there in the preseason with his explosiveness, but he can struggle against the run.

I don't really think it is some complicated conspiracy here. Matthews looked good in the preseason, and then during the regular season looked like exactly what everyone kinda figured he was, a back-up level player with some juice in the pass rush, but who can get erased in the run game. THe answers to so many of these "puzzlers" and "stumpers" that get floated around here are a simple Google search away - often from one single site that I know almost everyone on here reads. At this point, it is almost like many are simply wanting to confirm their own opinions and could care less about the actual facts.

smokin3000gt
11-16-2016, 12:50 PM
It's funny.. one week everyone is in an uproar because our 'best player' isn't on the field every snap then next week everyone is pissed because we're running their wheels off. Maybe coaches should start polling fans and see who they think should play, when, which plays, and how long.

:pop2:

Mojouw
11-16-2016, 01:00 PM
It's funny.. one week everyone is in an uproar because our 'best player' isn't on the field every snap then next week everyone is pissed because we're running their wheels off. Maybe coaches should start polling fans and see who they think should play, when, which plays, and how long.

:pop2:

Are you thinking of attempts to limit the snaps of the same 38 year old LB I am? Although not having him in there on the game-clinching drive was a bit odd...