View Full Version : Minus Four

faninyork
11-13-2016, 07:53 PM
From 4 - 1 to 4 - 5.

Why?

Go.

st33lersguy
11-13-2016, 08:08 PM
Awful coaching, a defense that could be upgraded by inserting traffic cones, terrible offensive output on the road, no heart, Ben being healthy for 1 of the 4 games

lipps83
11-13-2016, 08:21 PM
Coaching.

86WARD
11-13-2016, 09:11 PM
Poor coaching, poor execution, stupid play. This team plays dumb. They played extremely dumb during the 4th quarter tonight. Grabbing a face mask on Witten when he was stood up and not going anywhere, play was over, AB running to the sidelines where he was forced Oob with no time left? You don't run to the sidelines with :02 left after running 30 yards...

Mojouw
11-13-2016, 09:30 PM
Take away Elliot's final carry, since the consensus is that was due to the score/situation more than anything else. He still had 20 totes for 82 yards. That is 4.1 per carry.

Coaching smoaching - that gets you beat every time. This team is total crap up front. Every decent O-line they faced has blown them off the line of scrimmage.

Remember when the worst problem in the run defense was arguing over how much McClendon sucked? Well, you know what, all three of the dudes up front + McCullers suck right now.

I do not care if they fire all the coaches and bring in Football Jesus to coach this team, unless there is a magical way to get the front 7 to not only hold the point of attack but to begin to make plays behind the LOS, then this team will get beat by every even moderately competent NFL team it faces.

You start holding teams under 3.5 a carry and making plays with DL and LB behind the line of scrimmage, and you can miss all the damn PAT's you want. You're gonna beat most of the NFL. I honestly, don't think coaching can change things for 2016. The personnel on defense just are not ready and/or capable of doing that.

To be honest, I know I am upset but not really shocked by this. I think we all kinda knew that Jones wasn't going to make a leap, Chickfilet isn't really that good, Moats is what he is - average, Timmons is slowing down, Hargrave wasn't ready. McCullers likely never will be. That leaves Tuitt, Deebo's old ass, Heyward, Shazier, and Dupree.

Dupree is hurt. When Shazier is on the field he makes plays, but how often is he on the field? Heyward and Tuitt are going what they can, but 3-4 DE really isn't a traditional spot for game changing defensive plays to come from. It's just too hard to consistently fight through that many offensive linemen.

86WARD
11-13-2016, 09:40 PM
Plain and simple: Poor coaching, lack of talent.