PDA

View Full Version : Game Heroes and Goats

Edman
11-13-2016, 06:49 PM
Steelers go down 36-30. Losing streak extends to four.

Heroes. Who the hell cares.

Goats. Mike Tomlin singlehandedly changed the game with the FOUR failed two pointers. Imagine how much the game could've changed if they kicked EP's.

Defense gets a no duh goat.

I'm not angry. I don't give a shit anymore.

86WARD
11-13-2016, 06:51 PM
No heroes...if anyone has to get it, Ben does and that's it. AB played stupid at the end. The defense played stupid all game and the coaching staff...pfffft. Puhhhhhleeez.

Mojouw
11-13-2016, 06:52 PM
30 + 4 = 34. The Cowboys called a conservative game and I do not think their plan of bludgeoning Steelers with Elliot and then looking for Beasely and Witten on high % stuff underneath would have changed. That has been their offense for the entire season. No one has stopped it yet. Add the Steelers to the list.

That game was lost because this team can not rush the passer. Nor can it stop "big" offensive lines and RBs. Pure and simple. The lost at the LOS on defense today.

No amount of coaching, PATs, or anything else was or is going to change that. This team will continue to lose games until they can find a way to consistently make plays behind the LOS on defense.

st33lersguy
11-13-2016, 06:56 PM
Give a ball to Harrison and goats to everyone else.

steelcityboyz
The undiciplined facemask penalty with 40 seconds left didnt help either that falls on the coaches.

WCSteeler
Jesse James and Shazier had a great game. This team is incredibly undisciplined and the usual piss poor Coaching was apparent. 42 seconds and the Cowboys score a TD, drafting and development have turned this team from the Steelers into pure garbage defensively

dislocatedday
11-13-2016, 06:57 PM
It seems to me the Steelers are still lacking an interior D-lineman between Heyward and Tuitt. That is not just based on today against a great Cowboys Oline, but what I have seen all season. Hopefully Hargrave makes strides, but he has been a non-factor. McCullers I have little faith will ever amount to much.

steelcityboyz
11-13-2016, 06:58 PM
Give a ball to Harrison and goats to everyone else.Shazier gets one too he played a good game.

SteelMayhem72
11-13-2016, 07:01 PM
The problem with this years team is undisciplined play, stupid penalties, etc...I see too much me,me,me in this team and that culture is gonna have to change

Steel Peon
11-13-2016, 07:01 PM
Ben, AB, Bell, and basically the entire offense did as good as could be expected despite some asinine play calls, and 2-pt tries, so they all get balls.

The goats start with Tomlin and filter out to the entire defense and STs coverage unit, who make tackling anyone look like Sisyphus trying to push a boulder uphill. Fucking Antwon Blake was better at tackling (2nd on our team last year) than most of the practice dummies we have floating around out there, and I would gladly have him back. I want to fire up a jet engine under Tomlin's ass right now.

86WARD
11-13-2016, 07:02 PM
30 + 4 = 34. The Cowboys called a conservative game and I do not think their plan of bludgeoning Steelers with Elliot and then looking for Beasely and Witten on high % stuff underneath would have changed. That has been their offense for the entire season. No one has stopped it yet. Add the Steelers to the list.

That game was lost because this team can not rush the passer. Nor can it stop "big" offensive lines and RBs. Pure and simple. The lost at the LOS on defense today.

No amount of coaching, PATs, or anything else was or is going to change that. This team will continue to lose games until they can find a way to consistently make plays behind the LOS on defense.

They lost the game because of stupidity from the coaches and the players. You don't leave points on the table, you don't grab hold of a face mask when a player is held up and pretty much ruled down, you don't run towards the sideline with no time left in the game at the 15-yard line and you don't chase points all game.

30+4 isn't how it works...you should know this...lol. And it may not have been just 4. I didn't have an issue with the first try. But after that, just kick the XP unless it calls for the conversion.

SteelMayhem72
11-13-2016, 07:08 PM
Jarvis Jones needs to sit the rest of the season and dont give me this bullshit that harrison is old as Dumblin says "hes highly conditioned" as anyone on this team...how

anyone cant see that we are much worse when Jones is on the field are effin' blind!!

- - - Updated - - -

They lost the game because of stupidity from the coaches and the players. You don't leave points on the table, you don't grab hold of a face mask when a player is held up and pretty much ruled down, you don't run towards the sideline with no time left in the game at the 15-yard line and you don't chase points all game.

30+4 isn't how it works...you should know this...lol. I agree!

- - - Updated - - -

Also brown running out of bounds at the end of the game totally shows this teams lack of heart...why in the hell would you do that???? Brown is selfish and I think he was just padding stats and had no interest in trying to get in the endzone!!!

Terrapinstation
11-13-2016, 07:11 PM
Ben, Harrison, Bell, and AB are the heroes, I guess.

Everyone else is a goat

86WARD
11-13-2016, 07:12 PM
Also brown running out of bounds at the end of the game totally shows this teams lack of heart...why in the hell would you do that???? Brown is selfish and I think he was just padding stats and had no interest in trying to get in the endzone!!!

It's just stupid. More stupid play to add on...

dislocatedday
11-13-2016, 07:15 PM
And where the heck has Sammie Coates gone? I think that is 3 games in a row with 0 catches.

SteelMayhem72
11-13-2016, 07:17 PM
Team has no heart...team with no heart will not win or even make the playoffs

DesertSteel
11-13-2016, 07:17 PM
Too many goats to name.
Tomln sucks.
As good as Leveon is, he's no where near the best RB in the league. Zeke is far and away better.
I knew they'd score too soon. But that was a great fake spike.

Terrapinstation
11-13-2016, 07:18 PM
And where the heck has Sammie Coates gone? I think that is 3 games in a row with 0 catches.

Did Markus Wheaton literally die? Where the fuck has he been? I know he sucks, but at least I've heard of him, which is more than I can say for some of those scrubs out there

SteelMayhem72
11-13-2016, 07:19 PM
Ben,bell, and harrison gets my game ball. I would give shazier one but if I do he will get hurt next week

Terrapinstation
Too many goats to name.
Tomln sucks.
As good as Leveon is, he's no where near the best RB in the league. Zeke is far and away better.
I knew they'd score too soon. But that was a great fake spike. IDK. Just think the numbers Bell would put up if he got to play against our defense

SteelerFanInStl
Too many goats to name.
Tomln sucks.
I knew they'd score too soon. But that was a great fake spike.
Zeke is running behind the best OL in the NFL. Bell has to make most of his yardage on his own.

Steel Peon
11-13-2016, 07:22 PM
Why do we struggle against sub .500 teams this year? Because that's what we currently are.

SteelMayhem72
11-13-2016, 07:24 PM
Why do we struggle against sub .500 teams this year? Because that's what we currently are.You think we could beat ourselves...lol

DesertSteel
11-13-2016, 07:36 PM
IDK. Just think the numbers Bell would put up if he got to play against our defense

Zeke is running behind the best OL in the NFL. Bell has to make most of his yardage on his own.
I'd still put Zeke ahead. Not just based on today but the whole season.

- - - Updated - - -

You think we could beat ourselves...lol
Now that we finally have a losing record.

tube517
11-13-2016, 08:04 PM
Did Markus Wheaton literally die? Where the fuck has he been? I know he sucks, but at least I've heard of him, which is more than I can say for some of those scrubs out there

Pretty much. He injured his shoulder again during the week.

StillCurtains
11-13-2016, 08:15 PM
Jarvis Jones needs to sit the rest of the season and dont give me this bullshit that harrison is old as Dumblin says "hes highly conditioned" as anyone on this team...how

anyone cant see that we are much worse when Jones is on the field are effin' blind!!

- - - Updated - - -

I agree!

- - - Updated - - -

With all due respect, AB running out of bounds is not what lost this game. He had no place to go. He was literally forced out of bounds. It was miraculous that he got as far as he did.

Dumb Tomlin and the lack of player discipline lost this game. The screen TD by Elliot was due to Mike Mitchell's lack of effort to make the initial tackle.
A stupid penalty by Cockrell hitting a receiver out of bounds.

A facemask on Gay that he got away with just for Davis to do it a play later.

Then Tomlin, attempting to go for 2 on the first 2 scores just to be forced to chase the points the rest of the way. It should teach him a lesson. This team lost 3 straight going into this game. They are not disciplined nor good enough to be trying to show dominance over a team by going for 2 when you lost 3 straight.

The mindset should be getting back to basics in taking the points and getting ready for the next play to get back in the win column. He talks about style points don't matter, but went after just that with those 1st 2 attempts. He's too busy trying to look pretty in trying to get wins instead of just getting the win.

I don't understand the mentality of acting superior to teams when you haven't won a game in a month. Tomlin and this team need to be taught humility by going back to basics and showing more respect toward opponents instead of playing Madden type football expecting home run type play callling to win you games instead of realistic game time decisions with smart situational football which actually brings out true character in a team.

Steeldude
11-13-2016, 08:16 PM
Heroes: Harrison, Shazier

Goats: Tomlin and the coaches, DL, Jones, Mitchell

Hawkman
11-13-2016, 08:16 PM

He has had a shoulder injury most of the season.

zulater
11-13-2016, 08:23 PM
Steelers go down 36-30. Losing streak extends to four.

Heroes. Who the hell cares.

Goats. Mike Tomlin singlehandedly changed the game with the FOUR failed two pointers. Imagine how much the game could've changed if they kicked EP's.

Defense gets a no duh goat.

I'm not angry. I don't give a shit anymore.

Even if you miss on the first extra point attempt if you kick it every time from then on you're protecting a 4 point lead as opposed to a 1 point lead at the end of the game. I know they scored the TD, but that's because at that point the defense is trying to tackle the ball as the Cowboys were already in make-able fg range.

The old song says "you got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them". Tomlin just doesn't get it. And it's primarily due to him this team lost today chasing those lost points all day.

lipps83
11-13-2016, 08:27 PM
Why do we struggle against sub .500 teams this year? Because that's what we currently are.

Tomlin struggles against lesser competition even when this is a 12-4 team.

DesertSteel
11-13-2016, 08:48 PM
Ben did his part today.

zulater
11-13-2016, 08:56 PM
Ben did his part today.

Yeah. Now we got to see if he can do it on the road. If he can't duplicate this sort of effort in Cleveland next week then we got to start wondering what the deal is?

CapLovesTroyP43
11-13-2016, 09:41 PM
Every goat on the planet to Hillary Loving Supporting Tomlin. What a total dumb ass. If we would have just kicked the PAT we would have won by 1. I lost all respect for him and I think it's time for a new coach.

Shoes
11-13-2016, 09:52 PM
Billy goat, Sham Thomas is injured again.

stillers4me
11-14-2016, 05:23 AM
James gets a ball for this.

Moose
11-14-2016, 01:33 PM
HERO and GOAT again goes to ME !!
GOAT - to me for watching the game thinking we will start playing like a professional football team that knows how to pass, catch, tackle and run.
HERO - to me for watching the game without blowing my F++KIN' brains out.

teegre
11-14-2016, 02:16 PM
Even if you miss on the first extra point attempt if you kick it every time from then on you're protecting a 4 point lead as opposed to a 1 point lead at the end of the game. I know they scored the TD, but that's because at that point the defense is trying to tackle the ball as the Cowboys were already in make-able fg range.

The old song says "you got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them". Tomlin just doesn't get it. And it's primarily due to him this team lost today chasing those lost points all day.

Or... they convert all four 2-point conversion, and have 8 more points (38 total) and win.

teegre
11-14-2016, 02:25 PM
GOAT:
Scoring ZERO points on the final two drives of the first half. The Steelers had the opportunity to take a commanding lead, and didn't get squat. Even two FGs (6 points) changes the entirety of the second half.

zulater
11-14-2016, 06:38 PM
GOAT:
Scoring ZERO points on the final two drives of the first half. The Steelers had the opportunity to take a commanding lead, and didn't get squat. Even two FGs (6 points) changes the entirety of the second half.

The Steelers lost first half points opportunity on a missed face mask call on one occasion where AB was clearly yanked by the face mask on a second down catch. The Steelers failed to convert the subsequent 3rd down. If that call was properly made the first down would have been to midfield. Who knows where that drive ends then?

Next Eli Rogers dropped a pass that would have given the Steelers a virtual chip shot fg to end the half.

teegre
11-14-2016, 08:48 PM
The Steelers lost first half points opportunity on a missed face mask call on one occasion where AB was clearly yanked by the face mask on a second down catch. The Steelers failed to convert the subsequent 3rd down. If that call was properly made the first down would have been to midfield. Who knows where that drive ends then?

Next Eli Rogers dropped a pass that would have given the Steelers a virtual chip shot fg to end the half.

If I recall correctly, on the play before, the Dallas DB grabbed Coates' bicep (preventing Coates from catching the ball). That occurred in the end-zone... and should have been first-&-goal from the one.

Eerily reminiscent of Bryant's non-catch against the Packers... (both of which should have been ruled catches).

LloydWoodson
11-14-2016, 09:19 PM
The undiciplined facemask penalty with 40 seconds left didnt help either that falls on the coaches.

As per the new rules that is not supposed to be a penalty. Very ticky tack call.

Steeldude
11-14-2016, 11:48 PM
If I recall correctly, on the play before, the Dallas DB grabbed Coates' bicep (preventing Coates from catching the ball). That occurred in the end-zone... and should have been first-&-goal from the one.

Eerily reminiscent of Bryant's non-catch against the Packers... (both of which should have been ruled catches).

I remember that play, but that shouldn't have stopped Coates from attempting to catch the pass. He didn't even try.