PDA

View Full Version : Changes

ALLD
09-12-2010, 05:44 PM
1. The OL will most likely be the focus of the next draft in order to find new starters and create much needed depth.

2. Will David Johnson open up another roster spot by allowing the team to cut Spaeth?

3. Will Hines Ward want to play one more season after this year?

Butch
09-12-2010, 05:48 PM
1. The OL will most likely be the focus of the next draft in order to find new starters and create much needed depth.

2. Will David Johnson open up another roster spot by allowing the team to cut Spaeth?

#3. BLASPHEMY Don't even begin to speak of this guy like he's got a foot in the Grave. I fully expect him to serve out his contract..that's the kind of guy he is and then sign his next one with one year left. Long Live Hines Ward!!!

Slanted August
09-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Try to isolate Spaeth instead of watching the ball. I know I am just a fan but Spaeth is a liability out there. A couple years ago he was used down by the goal line as the big guy for Ben but right now he must have inapropriate pictures of someone in the FO to be on this team still.

SteelerFanInStl
09-12-2010, 06:18 PM
1. The OL should've been the focus of the last 3 drafts. Next year we need both an OG and OT taken early.
2. Hines isn't close to retiring. He showed again today that he's still more than capable of producing at a high level.
3. Spaeth sucks. He can't block and he can't catch. No one knows why he's still on the team.

Chidi29
09-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Spaeth has actually been a better blocker since the Denver game last year. He won't get cut because that'd leave us with just 1 1/2 TEs in Miller and Johnson. Bright isn't worthy of being on the roster, and the free agent pool is probably scarce.

Psycho Ward 86
09-12-2010, 07:42 PM

He's still under contract for 2-3 more years after this season, with substantial money, so yeah.

The Duke
09-12-2010, 08:59 PM

I hate having spaeth, but he is the only pass catching TE we would have if miller went down. We should have drafted Byham and got rid of him though. But Johnson is amazing, heck of a 7th round pick right there. Better than spaeth by far

Hines did say he would retire if we won the superbowl this year.....

Steeldude
09-13-2010, 12:53 AM

1. i doubt it.

2. johnson is basically there just to block. since the steelers run multiple TE sets they will need 3.

3. i guess it all depends on how healthy he makes it through this season.

solardave
09-13-2010, 03:14 AM

The O line should be a focus.
Spaeth wouldn't be here if I had my way. He can't block, doesn't catch very well,he had a false start yesterday and one time he went in motion when Heath was already in motion. I was surprised they didn't call that.
I hope Hines plays out his contract and it will be a sad day when he retires,they just don't get any tougher than him.

Galax Steeler
09-13-2010, 03:21 AM
#3. BLASPHEMY Don't even begin to speak of this guy like he's got a foot in the Grave. I fully expect him to serve out his contract..that's the kind of guy he is and then sign his next one with one year left. Long Live Hines Ward!!!

Agreed Hines is the man and hopefully he will be around a few more years. He had a good game yesterday and pulled Dixon out of trouble a couple of times.