PDA

View Full Version : Martavis Bryant Criticizes Fans On Snapchat

Shoes
11-07-2016, 08:16 PM
Steelers’ Nation weren’t the only ones frustrated by the Pittsburgh Steelers’ ugly 21-14 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. So was Martavis Bryant.Bryant took to his Snapchat account to chide fans who have been critical of him and his off the field actions, posting the following.

“One of the pieces missing but people swore up and down that I wasn’t a big part guess everyone see now huh !! from day one when I got there I helped the team out I am not the biggest piece of the puzzle but I am one of the pieces that matter facts.”
Bryant has gotten a flurry of angry tweets and messages since being suspended for the entire season after another violation of the NFL’s substance abuse policy.
That frustration is something to sympathize with but of course, it’s Bryant who made himself unavailable. It wasn’t injury, it wasn’t the team cutting him for performance reasons. It was his own actions and repeated mistakes, despite vowing to be better, that has him on the sidelines.
This is far from the first time Bryant has vented on social media. Whether it’s responding to fans orStephen A Smith’s (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08/martavis-bryant-responds-stephen-dont-judge/)comments, he’s let a lot of the noise get to him. Again, that is something to sympathize with, but Bryant is going to need to be able to focus less on what other people say and ignore distractions to become the type of dependable player – and talented one – the Steelers need him to be.
h/t austin

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/11/martavis-bryant-criticizes-fans-snapchat/

I really feel bad for Bryant, there's no question his emotions are all over the map. I hope he gets his life apart from football squared away first, then gets his A$$ back on the field!! I've had my doubts about Sammie Coates and really can't see him as a #1 receiver. He has made some nice catches, but also dropped a few TD's. Coates & Grimble have the same catching pattern, catch two, drop one, drop two catch one. He's as fluid as a 2X10 , stiff as hell. If Tomlin said Wallace was a one trick pony, Coates takes it up a notch. He has a slack attitude in his play, something you don't see in Hamilton and Rogers. I would give Hamilton more playing time, he has better hands, runs better routes, and is good deep and over the middle, and hope like hell Bryant can make a big comeback.

lipps83
11-07-2016, 09:04 PM
Bryant makes the offense what it can be. Proof is in the ppg with him and without.

st33lersguy
11-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Guess what asswipe, you hurt the team by knowingly breaking the rules and getting your sorry ass suspended, and if you didn't want people criticizing you, maybe you should have thought about that before choosing to smoke weed over playing football. Maybe this junkie should do everyone else a favor and shut the hell up

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, how are we sure Bryant wouldn't have regressed along with everyone else. It seems all the offensive stars have regressed recently, are we really sure that Bongtavis wouldn't be regressing as well, especially considering how often he makes boneheaded mistakes such as drops and fumbles and has shown a clear lack of focus numerous times

Steeldude
11-07-2016, 10:12 PM
Bryant makes the offense what it can be. Proof is in the ppg with him and without.

As of right now he isn't scoring any points. A big goose egg. Worst year ever. He will finish with 0 yards and 0 TDs.

Edman
11-07-2016, 10:49 PM
We already knew Martavis is dumb, we just didn't know how dumb.

smokin3000gt
11-07-2016, 10:55 PM
“One of the pieces missing but people swore up and down that I wasn’t a big part guess everyone see now huh !! from day one when I got there I helped the team out I am not the biggest piece of the puzzle but I am one of the pieces that matter facts.”

All the more reason to pass the drug test and get on the field you f'n idiot. "I know the team needs me but brb.... gotta burn this spliff" What an idiot...

fansince'76
11-08-2016, 12:40 AM
As of right now he isn't scoring any points. A big goose egg. Worst year ever. He will finish with 0 yards and 0 TDs.

The fact remains that the Steelers have no adequate replacement for him. Coates and company just ain't getting it. For as much as Bryant is a knucklehead, he is also a special talent.

Steel Peon
11-08-2016, 01:56 AM
Is he rooting against his own team?

tube517
11-08-2016, 02:00 AM
Stay off the weed and stay off the social media. Not just for the team but for your own family #10.

pczach
11-08-2016, 05:20 AM
It takes a special kind of asshole to do something to genuinely hurt the team by not being available for an entire year, and then go public and puff his chest out to tell everyone how important he is to the team and that the team isn't the same without him. Instead of feeling a sense of guilt and genuine hurt for letting his teammates down, he looks at it from the standpoint that it should now make himself look more important to the team and to fans. :doh2:

The thing this idiot hasn't figured out is that any team would be hurt by one of their starters getting suspended for an entire year. It doesn't make him any more important than he was before. It also shows that he still doesn't get it and that he is an immature moron.

After reading that, it's hard to imagine him ever getting his shit together.

I wonder how many relevant Snapchats he thinks he'll have when he's out of the league?

The sad part is that the vast majority of us were hoping he would help himself and straighten out his life so that he can be successful and make money for his family in his lifetime. Team success was always secondary for me. I truly wished the young man would correct the things in his life holding him back, so that he can honor his God given gift and be the bests player he possibly can be.

He doesn't seem to get the fact that there are many people pulling for him on a personal level. Watching a young man put his entire life in danger by losing the chance to earn life-altering money is very sad.

Born2Steel
11-08-2016, 07:45 AM
Just like he said, he's not the biggest piece here, but think about him being on the field with AB and Coates. How much better is Coates now because of him? How much does Bell benefit? We know AB can get open on double and triple teams, think of how he can be if some of that coverage has to be spread out now. Bryant is not the biggest piece of this offense, but he is a big piece of what makes it the best it can be. Dumb stuff aside, he's correct, he is very much missed.

steelreserve
11-08-2016, 10:09 AM
Well, he can dish it out.

pczach
11-10-2016, 03:40 PM
The thing nobody is saying is that the offense has struggled since Coates got injured. The Bryant clone.

st33lersguy
11-10-2016, 03:50 PM
What's the difference between a baby and martavis Bryant?
The baby will eventually grow up

ALLD
11-10-2016, 04:41 PM
Unfortunately it looks like Bryant has not learned his lesson. It's still all about him instead of what he can do to help the team.

86WARD
11-11-2016, 03:49 PM
The fact remains that the Steelers have no adequate replacement for him. Coates and company just ain't getting it. For as much as Bryant is a knucklehead, he is also a special talent.

This

Born2Steel
11-11-2016, 08:21 PM
I, for one, and maybe only, will be very glad when Bryant gets back with the team. Last year we had AB, Bryant, Miller and Bell, and we were the baddest MFers on the field. Get him back and it's here we go again, IMO. Backups like DWill, Coates, and James(If we ever see Green take a snap) make us even better. Damn guys, look at what we can be and have some faith.

86WARD
11-13-2016, 08:36 AM
Social Media is not an athletes friend...ever.

st33lersguy
11-13-2016, 05:48 PM
Take comfort calling yourself an important piece to the offense when you get suspended permanently for drugs and are working at a fast food joint Martavis.

st33lersguy
11-13-2016, 08:52 PM
Big Ben returns to health and the offense puts up 30. Not having martavis' sorry ass isn't the problem.