PDA

View Full Version : If it makes you feel any better...

Crow-Magnon
11-06-2016, 09:23 PM
The AFCN is pretty meh this year, and the W the Ravens got today over the Steelers wasn't some hard-fought game won in the trenches. The fact is that Pittsburgh's offense, as shabby as it looked most of today's game, put up one more point than did Baltimore's pathetic offense. If not for a blocked punt, the Ravens would have lost.

Let's face it. Cleveland is absolutely horrible, the Bengals look they do most years, and the Ravens and Steelers are basic run-of-the-mill teams this season. The worst division in the NFL.

Ugh.

salamander
11-06-2016, 09:56 PM
It's a shame, really. Our division was considered one of the toughest divisions in football not all that long ago. Then again, the quality of football in the NFL in general is mediocre at best right now.

st33lersguy
11-06-2016, 09:57 PM
Yep, the afc north sucks ass yet I have absolutely no confidence this steeler team can win the division, not with this defense or this many egg lays on the road

DesertSteel
11-06-2016, 10:03 PM
It's all cyclical... could be an AFCN downturn for several years going forward

j-d-s
11-06-2016, 10:10 PM
I think we can go 10-6 and win the division with that. Even 11-5 is possible.

The only sure loss in my opinion is that game at Buffalo, because it's the classic trap game.

86WARD
11-07-2016, 01:39 AM
Win the division and get knocked out on the road in the playoffs. Great...another "successful season" for Mike Tomlin.

stillers4me
11-07-2016, 05:04 AM
Win the division and get knocked out on the road in the playoffs. Great...another "successful season" for Mike Tomlin.

That's considered a successful season in Cincinnati! :lol:

Count Steeler
11-07-2016, 05:37 AM

The only sure loss in my opinion is that game at Buffalo, because it's the classic trap game.

I'll call it now, the Cleveland game in Cleveland is going to be a mess.

SteelMayhem72
11-07-2016, 07:09 AM
cleveland will get their first win against us...guaranteed!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

86WARD
11-07-2016, 07:15 AM
I'll call it now, the Cleveland game in Cleveland is going to be a mess.

I said the same in the game day thread. It will be the Browns single win.

Edman
11-07-2016, 07:59 AM
No, Crow. It doesn't make me feel better. MY feelings aren't what is important. Those are facts. The Steelers are not a good team and are mediocre.

The AFC North has been a strong division for years, it was only a matter of time before it fell off. The new power division is the AFC West.

None of the teams are particularly good. The Steelers and Ravens are ordinary, the Bengals are subpar, and Cleveland is just Cleveland.

Steelers-Ravens just isn't what it used to be. Ben has lost his competitive edge against Baltimore. Even Terrell Suggs, who usually gets up big for these games, wasn't particularly memorable. Watching the game, I felt no intensity from either team. Like it was just... there. It was a totally ho-hum, sloppy game. Mike Tomlin didn't have his team ready to play for it's "big rival", and that is alarming. Well, not really alarming since that is his M.O.

NCSteeler
11-07-2016, 08:38 AM

I don't call them trap games anymore. I'd refer them as Tomlin Games , but not getting up for the Ravens is a disgrace. Defense left their heart out there and offense had no plan

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Dissolv
11-07-2016, 10:24 AM
Given that our team is built around offense performance, seeing this sort of game is just.......bad. I mean if the D lets us down, that's one thing, but the superstars are all on the offense. The game plan is clearly to win with offensive firepower, yet this year we really have yet to turn it on, other than a single game. That's not lack of consistency anymore, that's lack of production. If we can't get even 21 points, then we have major structural issues on offense....supposedly our strength.

And yeah, I did expect a bad game from Ben, but also I though the team would get up for the Ravens. This used to be an automatic great game, even when the teams were having an off year. Very disappointing.

Dissolv

Born2Steel
11-07-2016, 10:33 AM
Think about the offense a little. Did AB get a TD? Was Ben hobbled with a bad knee again, ala last year at Denver? Did Pouncy leave again with an injury? Are we missing guys like Bryant(suspension), Coates(broken finger), DWill(injury)? Did the Ravens defense, in light of that, focus on Bell? Same as the Pats? That's the formula right there. They did not score or even move the ball on us from an offensive standpoint. 4-4 with the shit we've gone thru this season, although disappointing, is not worthy of all this crying on here.

And no, does not make me feel any better. The Steelers are a much better team than what showed up Sunday. Much better than that Ratbird team. Should have won that game by 40.

steelreserve
11-07-2016, 10:49 AM
It doesn't make me feel any better. This team's got problems.

As for the Ravens, I don't think they're "bad," but certainly feeling the effects of Moonball Joe's contract + missing on a handful of draft picks. Just a lot of little chip damage, but the margin in the NFL is so razor-thin that even a swing of a couple guys really shows. They'll be back. Or who knows, they're in first place - maybe they already are, lol.

Steel Peon
11-07-2016, 12:57 PM
I don't call them trap games anymore.

Absolutely, there is no such thing as a trap game for this team anymore, and just simply games. Maybe if we looked like a team on the way to a deep playoff run you could label some match-ups a trap game, but sadly we're not good enough for that crutch of a terminology.

86WARD
11-07-2016, 01:30 PM
Think about the offense a little. Did AB get a TD? Was Ben hobbled with a bad knee again, ala last year at Denver? Did Pouncy leave again with an injury? Are we missing guys like Bryant(suspension), Coates(broken finger), DWill(injury)? Did the Ravens defense, in light of that, focus on Bell? Same as the Pats? That's the formula right there. They did not score or even move the ball on us from an offensive standpoint. 4-4 with the shit we've gone thru this season, although disappointing, is not worthy of all this crying on here.

And no, does not make me feel any better. The Steelers are a much better team than what showed up Sunday. Much better than that Ratbird team. Should have won that game by 40.

If the team had viable back ups injuries wouldn't be as critical as they are. If they had a decent coach instead of a riverboat gambling wannabe, injuries wouldn't be as critical as they are.

The Steelers (on paper) are better than any team they lost to this season. However, in reality, they aren't better. They lost to all 4 of those teams...one of which is legitimate. The others aren't good NFL teams.

Born2Steel
11-07-2016, 01:39 PM
If the team had viable back ups injuries wouldn't be as critical as they are. If they had a decent coach instead of a riverboat gambling wannabe, injuries wouldn't be as critical as they are.

The Steelers (on paper) are better than any team they lost to this season. However, in reality, they aren't better. They lost to all 4 of those teams...one of which is legitimate. The others aren't good NFL teams.

No team is as good as they 'should be' with backups. Wanting them to be is just wishful thinking.

st33lersguy
11-07-2016, 03:01 PM

We won't get a chance to go on the road. If we get in, we will win the division by default then lose by double digit points at home to the afc west runner-up

86WARD
11-07-2016, 04:09 PM
No team is as good as they 'should be' with backups. Wanting them to be is just wishful thinking.

But they could compete. This team can't compete...blown out three road games in a row...

ALLD
11-07-2016, 06:05 PM
I would trade the next 5 Super Bowls going to the Patriots and Cowboys as long as Trump wins the election tomorrow. That's how much less I care about the NFL anymore. It's in decline from self-inflicted wounds.

Moose
11-07-2016, 06:17 PM
I would trade the next 5 Super Bowls going to the Patriots and Cowboys as long as Trump wins the election tomorrow. That's how much less I care about the NFL anymore. It's in decline from self-inflicted wounds.

LOL.... I'm with you on the Trump winning election ! Watching a terrible Steeler game ( i.e. ratbird game) would be a hell of alot better than having to look at, and listen to, that thieving, cheating, corrupt, killer hillary and her family for 4 years.

DesertSteel
11-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Just realized, going into week 10, the AFCN is the only division without a team with a winning record. I guess that's good for our underachieving team.