PDA

View Full Version : Mediocrity.

Edman
11-06-2016, 02:43 PM
From Dictionary.com.

me·di·o·cre

adjective
of only moderate quality; not very good.
"a mediocre actor"
synonyms: ordinary, average, middling, middle-of-the-road, uninspired, undistinguished, indifferent, unexceptional, unexciting, unremarkable, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian, prosaic, lackluster, forgettable, amateur, amateurish; More

Staring down a 4-4 Record.

Blown early lead in a very mediocre AFC North division.

Don't know who will show up each week.

Offense that talks a big game, but can't do a damn thing when it's needed.

Perfect definition and description of this team. Super bowl contender? Not even close.

86WARD
11-06-2016, 02:59 PM
That's the standard.

st33lersguy
11-06-2016, 03:12 PM
This shitty team, ain't going anywhere. Time to find a new head coach

DesertSteel
11-06-2016, 03:14 PM
I'm not sure I would rate them as high as mediocre. I think we're a bad team, with the potential to be very bad. There's a reason why Ben has struggled to be considered top 5 for most of his career. It's games like this that come far too regular.

I'm resolved to just enjoying football the rest of the season. The emotional investment is on hold until there's a drastic and sustained change.

Edman
11-06-2016, 03:18 PM
I'm not sure I would rate them as high as mediocre. I think we're a bad team, with the potential to be very bad. There's a reason why Ben has struggled to be considered top 5 for most of his career. It's games like this that come far too regular.

Unfortunately, This will be the biggest strike against Ben when he retires and his career is analyzed, the pundits and hall of fame people are going to look at these games. These games are why he is never in MVP consideration.

Mach1
11-06-2016, 03:19 PM
me·di·o·cre
/ˌmēdēˈōkər/

https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/mike-tomlin.jpg

steelerdude15
11-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Its just amazing how when this team is on, they're great, but when they're bad, they're horrendous.

fansince'76
11-06-2016, 03:28 PM
There's a reason why Ben has struggled to be considered top 5 for most of his career. It's games like this that come far too regular.

He's also never been pimped by Goodell's media machine as one of the "faces of the league."

It's funny how Rodgers can play like warmed-over dogshit for the better part of a season-and-a-half and yet excuse after excuse is still made for him.

WCSteeler
11-06-2016, 03:28 PM
This team was hyped so much prior to the season it would have been very difficult to live up to it but the fact is they have been atrocious. The defense stepped up but the offense struggled mightily. MIke Tomlins seat should be quite warm after this debacle.

Craic
11-06-2016, 03:31 PM
Unfortunately, This will be the biggest strike against Ben when he retires and his career is analyzed, the pundits and hall of fame people are going to look at these games. These games are why he is never in MVP consideration.

You mean games after he's been injured? :huh:

SteelerFanInStl
11-06-2016, 03:35 PM

Agreed. I'm not sure why anyone would have expected Ben to play great today coming off of knee surgery.

steelerdude15
11-06-2016, 03:36 PM

Ben will get into the HOF, but there will be voters who won't vote for him. I think the biggest strikes against him getting in are for 'other reasons'.

fansince'76
11-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Agreed. I'm not sure why anyone would have expected Ben to play great today coming off of knee surgery.

And obviously not getting many reps in practice this past week to boot.

lipps83
11-06-2016, 03:43 PM

Yeah, being out the games before they played the Eagles and Dolphins really hampered his productivity in those two.

fansince'76
11-06-2016, 04:00 PM
Yeah, being out the games before they played the Eagles and Dolphins really hampered his productivity in those two.

Just wait until we get "treated" to that level of QB play (and worse) week after week for years on end. It's coming soon enough. Complain about Ben then.

DesertSteel
11-06-2016, 04:00 PM
I love Ben and he's the second best QB in the team's history, but... he's been coming up small since the Super Bowl against the Packers. I just don't see a Super Bowl run with this team on Ben's back.

Edman
11-06-2016, 04:06 PM
Just wait until we get "treated" to that level of QB play (and worse) week after week for years on end. It's coming soon enough. Complain about Ben then.

Nobody's complaining. They're just telling it like it is.

We've already got a taste of Post-Ben in Landry Jones, and it's going to be dreadful once #7 hangs it up. It may be sooner than we think.

The heir apparent, however good or bad he turns out to be, doesn't erase the fact that Ben and this team is leaving a lot to be desired despite their talent.

lipps83
11-06-2016, 04:10 PM

Not complaining about Ben and just because someone may have an opposing view from yours doesn't make them a 'hater'. Those are the facts, Ben stunk it up in those games. Love Ben, but yes, I do at times wish he was more cerebral in his game decisions. That is why Brady and Manning will ALWAYS be mentioned before him.

Doesn't mean I can't stand him and wish the team would go in another direction. However, you are entitled to be grumpy to opposing views.

Now the coaches on the other hand....

DesertSteel
11-06-2016, 04:18 PM
Nobody's complaining. They're just telling it like it is.

We've already got a taste of Post-Ben in Landry Jones, and it's going to be dreadful once #7 hangs it up. It may be sooner than we think.

The heir apparent, however good or bad he turns out to be, doesn't erase the fact that Ben and this team is leaving a lot to be desired despite their talent.

^^^ This.

They are the ones that HYPED THEMSELVES as a 30-point offense. Therefore they get critiqued based on that standard.

lipps83
11-06-2016, 04:20 PM
^^^ This.

They are the ones that HYPED THEMSELVES as a 30-point offense. Therefore they get critiqued based on that standard.

Yeah but....

Injuries
Coaching
Opponents
Receivers
Weather
Offensive Line

Anything but Ben can be the problem.

The Bark
11-06-2016, 04:27 PM
They certainly came off the bye week in full hibernation mode. There wasn't a pulse anywhere to be found, leaving me to reminisce about the days when the Steelers/Ravens games were an impassioned rivalry... at least on both sides.

fansince'76
11-06-2016, 04:27 PM
Yeah but....

Injuries
Coaching
Opponents
Receivers
Weather
Offensive Line

Anything but Ben can be the problem.

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said...

Edman
11-06-2016, 04:34 PM
They certainly came off the bye week in full hibernation mode. There wasn't a pulse anywhere to be found, leaving me to reminisce about the days when the Steelers/Ravens games were an impassioned rivalry... at least on both sides.

The Ravens aren't going anywhere anytime soon, as they've been stuck in neutral for the better part of five years, but they still want to want the Steelers.

GBMelBlount
11-06-2016, 05:32 PM
I think Ben plays with more intensity when he is the underdog.

pczach
11-06-2016, 05:37 PM
I love Ben and he's the second best QB in the team's history, but... he's been coming up small since the Super Bowl against the Packers. I just don't see a Super Bowl run with this team on Ben's back.

If Terry Bradshaw played with some of the talent Ben did he would have been run out of the league before he ever had a chance to become a great player. Terry Bradshaw was carried by his teammates for many, many years. He was pathetic for years and then he was horrible for long stretches often.

People either weren't alive to see it, or they just don't understand the game of football enough to appreciate how pathetic Bradshaw was for much of his career. He had the greatest collection of talent ever assembled on a football field, and he could barely get out of his own way at times.

Many of the same Steelers fans that are ripping Big Ben now are going to be curled up in the fetal position sobbing uncontrollably when you see the traveling shit show that will probably be the Steelers quarterback situation when Ben is gone. "AB" would only be Antonio Brown to the rest of the world and I can tell you.....business would definitely not be boomin'.

By the way, if Ben wasn't on this team the last 4 years, what do you think the won/loss record of this team would be without him? I can assure you it would not be pretty.

86WARD
11-06-2016, 05:44 PM
Take 5 wins off each season and that's the record without Ben.

steelerdude15
11-06-2016, 05:46 PM
If Terry Bradshaw played with some of the talent Ben did he would have been run out of the league before he ever had a chance to become a great player. Terry Bradshaw was carried by his teammates for many, many years. He was pathetic for years and then he was horrible for long stretches often.

People either weren't alive to see it, or they just don't understand the game of football enough to appreciate how pathetic Bradshaw was for much of his career. He had the greatest collection of talent ever assembled on a football field, and he could barely get out of his own way at times.

Many of the same Steelers fans that are ripping Big Ben now are going to be curled up in the fetal position sobbing uncontrollably when you see the traveling shit show that will probably be the Steelers quarterback situation when Ben is gone. "AB" would only be Antonio Brown to the rest of the world and I can tell you.....business would definitely not be boomin'.

By the way, if Ben wasn't on this team the last 4 years, what do you think the won/loss record of this team would be without him? I can assure you it would not be pretty.

Yeah, I worry what it will be like post Ben as well. I don't want to see him retire even when we have the bad games like this. Hopefully, there will be some good quarterbacks coming up right around the time Ben retires so we can draft and develop one so we don't have to go through what we did from Terry to Ben.

SteelerFanInStl
11-06-2016, 05:51 PM
Take 5 wins off each season and that's the record without Ben.

Yep

st33lersguy
11-06-2016, 06:07 PM
With Ben, you at least will have a lot of great moments, with the mediocre QBs you will have stinkers not only on the road, but also at home. You certainly won't get an almost unbeaten record in October at home, or a stellar record against the NFC at home, or numerous victories against teams with 12+ wins

DesertSteel
11-06-2016, 06:41 PM

Nice trash on Bradshaw. The argument could be made that if Bradshaw had today's pass-happy rules to play with he would've put up double the numbers. Same for all the greats of the 60s-70s. As for the record the past four years, what does it matter? Only one team wins the Super Bowl. I'm thankful for the two under Ben, but I'm not seeing another with this underachieving bunch. They are the ones who hyped themselves up to be a 30-point offense. It looks like they're sleepwalking half the time until it's too late.

When Ben is supposed to be top 3 he's going to get judged that way. I hope he plays till 40, but when he sucks he sucks and today he sucked. The knee didn't appear to be the cause either.

steelcityboyz
11-06-2016, 07:02 PM
Yeah but....

Injuries
Coaching
Opponents
Receivers
Weather
Offensive Line

Anything but Ben can be the problem.I didn;t see Brady miss a beat after missing 4 games.. Ben has too much talent to have games like the one today. With this much talent on this offense there shouldnt be any apoligists for ben.

SteelerFanInStl
11-06-2016, 07:26 PM
I didn;t see Brady miss a beat after missing 4 games.. Ben has too much talent to have games like the one today. With this much talent on this offense there shouldnt be any apoligists for ben.

Brady wasn't coming off of knee surgery either.

Count Steeler
11-06-2016, 08:17 PM
Brady wasn't coming off of knee surgery either.

I agree. However, if he wasn't ready to go, the coaches should not have let him play. Now, hindsight being what it is, the result would not have been worse if Jones played today. In fact it might have caused the offensive side to have more focus and the players would have executed better.

DesertSteel
11-06-2016, 10:05 PM
Whoda thunk that it would be the OFFENSE causing this team to lose. IMO all 4 losses stem mainly from ineptitude on offense. Philly took it to us but our "high powered offense" could've kept up. We only gave up 27 to the Patriots*. Today was all on the O. I would never have guessed it at season start.

Steel Peon
11-06-2016, 11:26 PM
Whoda thunk that it would be the OFFENSE causing this team to lose.

Agreed, the longer your offense can stay on the field then the less time their offense has to score points, and this constant 3 and out shit has me fuming. What can anyone expect out of our defense if the longest they stay off the field is 5-10 min?

AtlantaDan
11-07-2016, 07:16 AM

Agreed - I am reading the biography Chuck Noll - His Life's Work by Michael MacCambridge that just came out (highly recommended) and had forgotten that Bradshaw was a turnover machine even when he had his best years after the 70s defense declined

1977 - 17 TDs 19 INTs
1978 - 28 TDs 20 INTs
1979 - 26 TDs 25 INTs
1980 - 24 TDs 22 INTs

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTe00.htm

As far as mediocrity goes, after looking at the rest of the schedule my guess is this team is headed for 8 - 8

L- Dallas
W- @Cleveland
L- @Indy
W- Giants
L- @Bills
L -@Cincy
W- Ravens
W- Browns

SteelerFanInStl
11-07-2016, 07:22 AM
I agree. However, if he wasn't ready to go, the coaches should not have let him play. Now, hindsight being what it is, the result would not have been worse if Jones played today. In fact it might have caused the offensive side to have more focus and the players would have executed better.

I would rather have had them hold Ben out for another week. The offensive game plan was pure shit anyway. We could've beaten Baltimore with Jones if we had tried at all.

Edman
11-07-2016, 08:08 AM

I didn't know he was injured against Philly and Miami. He was pedestrian in both games.

tube517
11-07-2016, 10:19 AM
Our "Deep" WR corps is in shambles right now.

Wheaton - Who? Taking over doghouse left by Lance Moore
Eli - Suspended 1 game for probably stealing Tomlin's sunglasses.
Coates - Broken finger but probably broken confidence right now. His middle name is revealed as "Limas"
DHB - Been injured twice this season and has to do double duty on Special teams and checks his portfolio behind Haley's back.
Cobi Bryant - Bungles castoff/Practice Squad dude

Yes, Ben had a shitty game and he deserves criticism but this group isn't helping his cause.

Mojouw
11-07-2016, 10:33 AM
Ben had a shit game. But lost in all this is the biggest reason that the offense as a whole looks out of sync so damn often - raw receivers. Ben is at his best when the play breaks down. Coates, Rogers, all the TE's have no idea what Ben wants when that happens. They are getting closer each game, but it is not there yet. Coates and Rogers are finding out that the NFL regular season and the preseason are very different.

Let's be honest, I think everyone totally underestimated how much losing Miller was going to hamstring the offense. I think we all also severely over rated Jesse James. This team essentially has no truly competent TE currently. One of the many reasons that Bell had about a yard per carry yesterday.

steelreserve
11-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Ben had a shit game. But lost in all this is the biggest reason that the offense as a whole looks out of sync so damn often - raw receivers. Ben is at his best when the play breaks down. Coates, Rogers, all the TE's have no idea what Ben wants when that happens. They are getting closer each game, but it is not there yet. Coates and Rogers are finding out that the NFL regular season and the preseason are very different.

I think you have kicked the monkey right in the head with that analysis. I have been at a loss to explain why the offense has been so herky-jerky all season, but there it is. It's Brown plus a bunch of guys with "potential" who unfortunately are still trash-tier receiving threats right now.

Let's be honest, I think everyone totally underestimated how much losing Miller was going to hamstring the offense. I think we all also severely over rated Jesse James. This team essentially has no truly competent TE currently. One of the many reasons that Bell had about a yard per carry yesterday.

Well, there was quite a bit of panic over that and a pretty uneasy feeling about throwing James in the fire. Enough so that a receiving TE was our big free-agent signing. but since he's still MIA, we're out of luck.

But you're right - not having Green is a gut punch that has largely flown under the radar because we haven't seen him in uniform AT ALL; he's completely theoretical to us as a player. In reality, we're missing two of our top three receiving threats from last year, specifically two of the three who had that connection with the QB that you were talking about.

Mojouw
11-07-2016, 11:14 AM
I think you have kicked the monkey right in the head with that analysis. I have been at a loss to explain why the offense has been so herky-jerky all season, but there it is. It's Brown plus a bunch of guys with "potential" who unfortunately are still trash-tier receiving threats right now.

Well, there was quite a bit of panic over that and a pretty uneasy feeling about throwing James in the fire. Enough so that a receiving TE was our big free-agent signing. but since he's still MIA, we're out of luck.

But you're right - not having Green is a gut punch that has largely flown under the radar because we haven't seen him in uniform AT ALL; he's completely theoretical to us as a player. In reality, we're missing two of our top three receiving threats from last year, specifically two of the three who had that connection with the QB that you were talking about.

Yeah, you're right I keep forgetting about Green. I just think that no Heath Miller and Jesse James can't block = 2.3 yards per carry against the Ravens. Don't know for sure, I had the game on the radio not a tv feed. Hopefully Nix can play soon. That dude can crush people!

NCSteeler
11-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Seemed like Haley figured he would play great based on the lousy game plan. When your star is hurting you come up with a good plan that gets it done

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

tube517
11-07-2016, 12:16 PM
On top of all these issues, Pouncey dislocated his finger on his right hand.

NCSteeler
11-07-2016, 12:22 PM
Finney was off the rest of the day. Very weak performance. ESPN just said it all talking about Cowboys beating the Browns. It's not a big deal but they did what great teams do, they put their foot on their throats early and don't let up. Been a long time since I have seen the Steelers do that

86WARD
11-07-2016, 01:31 PM
I would rather have had them hold Ben out for another week. The offensive game plan was pure shit anyway. We could've beaten Baltimore with Jones if we had tried at all.

They went in to the game with a Landry Jones game plan and found out Ben could play and handed the script to him...

pczach
11-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Nice trash on Bradshaw. The argument could be made that if Bradshaw had today's pass-happy rules to play with he would've put up double the numbers. Same for all the greats of the 60s-70s. As for the record the past four years, what does it matter? Only one team wins the Super Bowl. I'm thankful for the two under Ben, but I'm not seeing another with this underachieving bunch. They are the ones who hyped themselves up to be a 30-point offense. It looks like they're sleepwalking half the time until it's too late.

When Ben is supposed to be top 3 he's going to get judged that way. I hope he plays till 40, but when he sucks he sucks and today he sucked. The knee didn't appear to be the cause either.

I really didn't mean to just trash Bradshaw. I actually forgot to include the fact that he was a great player. I was simply stating the reality of the situations both quarterbacks were in.

My post isn't even specifically aimed at you. I've been hearing the "Big Ben is done", "Big Ben hasn't been clutch since 2010", etc....

It just gets old after a while. Fans that say stuff like that can't watch much football. All great quarterbacks have days like that, but when your quarterback has a game like that, it's the end of the world.

Bradshaw was so bad for more than a few years before he started to get it, and he had the most talent around him in the history of pro football. I can't express that strongly enough. Yes, he developed into a great quarterback....a Hall of Fame player. When Bradshaw was off, he would throw 3....4.....5 interception games.....and he did that a lot. He would have never had the chance to develop into that great player if fans had their way and the team didn't stick with him long enough for him to prove himself. People either seem to intentionally overlook the performances they saw with their own eyes and romanticize about those 70's teams, or they simply aren't old enough to have seen them or remember them. I've seen every game he ever played with my own eyes.

My point is that over the last several years, the talent level on the field isn't good enough. Some of it has been suspensions and injuries. There were no suspensions back in the day, and the team didn't have too many years where they were overwhelmed with injuries. In 1976, they didn't have Franco and Rocky because of injuries and they couldn't get out of their own way. Bradshaw was healthy, the defense was fantastic, and they were healthy everywhere else, but those two injuries were devastating even to a team with that much talent on it. The other thing is that there is much more turnover with players today. How many new players does Ben have to learn to throw to every year, and have to put up with the receivers making the wrong reads and running the wrong routes? This stuff matters. It all matters.

He's got plenty of great football left in him if the offensive line lives up to the big money they are getting. They were a complete embarrassment in the game against the Ravens. That needs to change going forward.

The coaching staff better figure out what they want to do philosophically, and they better find a way to get more physical players on the offensive line. They have been playing a finesse game, and the OC doesn't seem to have an identity with this team. They always seem to be trying to figure out what to do on the fly, and they never just line up and mash people. Munchak is as much to blame as anyone else in this team's disappointing performances. There's a lot of expensive talent on the OL, and he has a lot to say about who is talented and what style of play they fit into best.

Getting back to this specific game with the Ravens.....Mike Tomlin has been getting punked by Harbaugh for a few years now. The past couple years, the Steelers have been the better team, but they have been clearly outcoached by the Ravens' coaching staff. I like Tomlin. I've supported and defended him here many times, but what I stated is undeniable. He needs to do better. Two weeks to prepare a game plan and have a team ready to play........and that happens? Unacceptable.

steelcityboyz
11-07-2016, 05:14 PM
Brady wasn't coming off of knee surgery either.Ben said his knee felt fine. Bottom line Ben and the offense werent prepared.

SteelerFanInStl
11-07-2016, 05:23 PM
Ben said his knee felt fine. Bottom line Ben and the offense werent prepared.

Of course he said that. Ben's not going to make excuses.

Ben was off, as expected, but the game plan sucked and the play calling sucked. If Ben and the offense weren't prepared, that's the fault of the coaching staff.

steelcityboyz
11-07-2016, 05:32 PM

Ben was off, as expected, but the game plan sucked and the play calling sucked. If Ben and the offense weren't prepared, that's the fault of the coaching staff.I agree 100% with you. No argument from me here.

Moose
11-07-2016, 06:07 PM
I agree this team is just average, or maybe below average. With all the talent on the OFFENSE and it's wasted. This team can't tackle, no discipline ( penalties ), poor coaching, no preparation for games, still running wrong routes, can't pass, can't catch, can't run, constantly losing to teams they should be beating, team looks lost in games, to just name a few problems you see from week to week. I hate to say it but I don't see a WIN in the remaining schedule. And the play-offs seem a long shot. Games are really, really, really getting hard to watch. I still have faith for a turn around, hopefully against Dallas.......please....please....please

Mojouw
11-07-2016, 06:38 PM
If this team is so fundamentally unsound, talent deficient on defense, poorly coached, badly out game-planned, etc - then why in the hell do we all still argue that they should be winning anything?

That is entirely logically inconsistent. Either this team is an above average to pretty good playoff contender that plays terrible games every other week OR this team is not very good and should not be assumed to be able to beat anyone.

Can't be both. They are mutually exclusive options. I would further argue that one gets people fired and one means we have to admit that this team is rebuilding. Which is it? I don't know. Ask me again in about 5 weeks.

Shoes
11-07-2016, 08:33 PM

Ben was off, as expected, but the game plan sucked and the play calling sucked. If Ben and the offense weren't prepared, that's the fault of the coaching staff.

Besides the play calling, I think most of Ben's problems yesterday was between his ears. This has happened in the past, he plays like hell, then in the last half of the 4th the light bulb comes on and he plays great. He made mention after the game that it was the no huddle that got things going. It seemed like Haley & Ben were on two different planets and both share the fault in yesterdays Sh** game.

SteelerFanInStl
11-08-2016, 07:38 AM
Besides the play calling, I think most of Ben's problems yesterday was between his ears. This has happened in the past, he plays like hell, then in the last half of the 4th the light bulb comes on and he plays great. He made mention after the game that it was the no huddle that got things going. It seemed like Haley & Ben were on two different planets and both share the fault in yesterdays Sh** game.

And like always, the coaches waited too long to make adjustments.

Mojouw
11-08-2016, 09:03 AM

All of Ben's [problems are between the ears. He isn't a smart enough QB to adjust his game to any physical limitations he might have had on this Sunday or any others.

He is like a power pitcher that can't make adjustments when he losses zip on the fastball.

Rotorhead
11-08-2016, 10:31 AM
The two point of views don't have to be mutually exclusive. This team has the talent on paper to be the top offense this season. But since they are so unprepared every week they may not win again. Ben was off, but he didn't have any help from his WR's or the running game plan. The one bright spot is our defense is starting to round out to a decent unit. It is how we all thought it would be, getting better as the season moves on and is good enough to win games if our offense would ever show up. Running Bell up the middle should have stopped after the 1st qrtr. It was obvious Baltimore was going to stack the box all night until we made them change up. Screen passes to Bell and AB, short dump off passes to Eli, Bell and Outlaw? That would have softened up their defense.

Drazo85
11-08-2016, 01:06 PM
4-4 is mediocre. You are what your record says you are. Until proven otherwise. Tomlinism 101.

steelreserve
11-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Above-average talent with a few obvious problems - the same problems that have plagued us for years.

The part about having a few problems is not really a reflection on the coaches and management; every team has its share of issues.

The part about it being the same problems for years, that definitely is a reflection of the coaches and management.

Some of it is player personnel issues, some of it is preparedness. But it's bloody annoying for sure to see us put our foot in the same hole over and over.

GBMelBlount
11-08-2016, 04:39 PM
Besides the play calling, I think most of Ben's problems yesterday was between his ears.

This has happened in the past, he plays like hell, then in the last half of the 4th the light bulb comes on and he plays great.

He made mention after the game that it was the no huddle that got things going. It seemed like Haley & Ben were on two different planets and both share the fault in yesterdays Sh** game.

Agreed.

Ben plays best when he is the underdog...

...and unfortunately when we are favored he often plays flat and uninspired until we are losing by a few touchdowns....

SteelGhost
11-09-2016, 08:40 AM
I agree this team is just average, or maybe below average. With all the talent on the OFFENSE and it's wasted. This team can't tackle, no discipline ( penalties ), poor coaching, no preparation for games, still running wrong routes, can't pass, can't catch, can't run, constantly losing to teams they should be beating, team looks lost in games, to just name a few problems you see from week to week. I hate to say it but I don't see a WIN in the remaining schedule. And the play-offs seem a long shot. Games are really, really, really getting hard to watch. I still have faith for a turn around, hopefully against Dallas.......please....please....please

Tomlin has a Ferrari but he doesn't know how to drive it, I hope he finds the pedals this Sunday and beat the Cryboys :crossed:

SteelerFanInStl
11-09-2016, 09:34 AM
Tomlin has a Ferrari but he doesn't know how to drive it, I hope he finds the pedals this Sunday and beat the Cryboys :crossed:

Tomlin and Haley both. Always trying to drive straight forward on a winding road or trying to go 100 mph in a 30 mph speed zone.

BackyardSteel
11-10-2016, 09:03 PM

The Ravens did not even need to show up for that game. They are an awful team that played like crap that day and they still basically blew the Steelers out.

DesertSteel
11-11-2016, 09:29 AM
This high-powered, "best offense in the NFL" ranks #19 in points scored. That's NOT mediocre.

Born2Steel
11-11-2016, 10:14 AM
This high-powered, "best offense in the NFL" ranks #19 in points scored. That's NOT mediocre.

I think Bell is still without a TD yet this season. Not sure why our run game has gone away but it has. We have been very one dimensional all season. Still, AB has been lights out for us. Somebody else on our offense has to step it up. All there is to it.

86WARD
11-11-2016, 03:12 PM
I think Bell is still without a TD yet this season. Not sure why our run game has gone away but it has. We have been very one dimensional all season. Still, AB has been lights out for us. Somebody else on our offense has to step it up. All there is to it.

I don't really see AB as being lights out...maybe I'm missing something or just being negative?

Born2Steel
11-11-2016, 08:53 PM
I don't really see AB as being lights out...maybe I'm missing something or just being negative?

Just being negative.

Except for the Cincy game(4 catches of 11 targets), AB has been awesome.

DesertSteel
11-12-2016, 12:13 PM
They're running out of excuses. Either get the ship right tomorrow or they're at 4-5 and probably on the outside looking in.

86WARD
11-13-2016, 08:41 AM
Just being negative.

Except for the Cincy game(4 catches of 11 targets), AB has been awesome.

Miami game wasn't so great and neither was the KC game catch/yardage wise. I guess when I hear "lights out" I compare him to last season when he was ridiculous. I didn't look but it doesn't seem like he's as good this season compared to last but in general he's pretty damn good. Again, I didn't compare season to season...so I could be off base.

Edman
11-13-2016, 06:45 PM
Steelers are below .500 this deep in a season for the first time since 2013.

Good times keep rolling.

NCSteeler
11-13-2016, 06:48 PM
Wow think of the lousy Linebacker we will pick with this draft pick

Terrapinstation
11-13-2016, 07:14 PM
Wow think of the lousy Linebacker we will pick with this draft pick

I'm hoping they show everyone how smart they are again and draft an undersized tweener that they'll groom into being an awesome OLB. This guy will flash a play or two in preseason, then proceed to be injured for 80% of his tenure.