PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger asks Tom Brady for his jersey and I threw up in my mouth a little

Shoes
10-27-2016, 08:57 PM
:stirthepot::stirthepot:

It hurts when our heroes let us down. It just makes you feel empty inside. The video you are about to see of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger might do that to you. Inside the NFL on Showtime had New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady wired up during the Steelers and Patriots and before the game the cameras caught this.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/10/27/ben-roethlisberger-asks-tom-brady-for-his-jersey-and-i-threw-up-in-my-mouth-a-little/

86WARD
10-27-2016, 09:20 PM
Meh...who cares. They're peers and Brady is pretty good. Why wouldn't he want one?

SteelerFanInStl
10-27-2016, 09:45 PM
Meh...who cares. They're peers and Brady is pretty good. Why wouldn't he want one?

Yea, exactly. I don't know why this would bother anyone. Brady is a future Hall of Famer and one of the best to ever play the game. It's not like as if he's Birthdefect or Suggs or someone like that.

Anyone who feels "let down" by this has issues.

tube517
10-28-2016, 07:19 AM
Ben is going to check it for secret listening devices.

Moose
10-28-2016, 09:25 AM
Probably for his son for future keepsake....no biggie in my mind.

Steeldude
10-28-2016, 09:36 AM
He says he wants it in his office. Nothing wrong with collecting jerseys from great players. He might have a Manning jersey hanging there already.

I have never been one who is into material things like autographs, jerseys, hats etc..., but I had to choose which QB jerseys(worn) from the NFL I would want hanging in me bonus room it would be....
(in no particular order)

Bradshaw
Staubach
Tarkenton
Stabler
Griese
Bert Jones
Archie Manning

I am into the classics : )

tube517
10-28-2016, 09:37 AM
Probably for his son for future keepsake....no biggie in my mind.

Yeah, just put an asterisk on the frame.

steelreserve
10-28-2016, 10:24 AM

Because Brady is a world-class dickweed, with a style of play to match?

No, I understand why he would do it. I just wouldn't have asked for one myself, unless it was to piss all over it.

lipps83
10-28-2016, 11:45 AM

No, I understand why he would do it. I just wouldn't have asked for one myself, unless it was to piss all over it.

Maybe that is what he is going to do with it.

Edman
10-28-2016, 12:38 PM
Ben can do what he wishes.

But there's a difference between respecting a peer and just being a *****. Ben has been continually clowned and outplayed by Brady and Belichick all these years, and now he's on his knees just taking it. Just calling it how I see it.

lipps83
10-28-2016, 02:01 PM
Ben can do what he wishes.

But there's a difference between respecting a peer and just being a *****. Ben has been continually clowned and outplayed by Brady and Belichick all these years, and now he's on his knees just taking it. Just calling it how I see it.

To be fair, Brady and Belichick have clowned and outplayed every single player and coach for the last 16 years, and by the time both of them call it quits they will pretty much have done the same to every single player and coach in the history of the game.

It's not just Ben they have outclassed. Don't get down on Ben for it.

slippy
10-28-2016, 03:21 PM
i would put Fouts on that list! third after Bradshaw and Staubach.

steelreserve
10-28-2016, 04:59 PM
To be fair, Brady and Belichick have clowned and outplayed every single player and coach for the last 16 years, and by the time both of them call it quits they will pretty much have done the same to every single player and coach in the history of the game.

It's not just Ben they have outclassed. Don't get down on Ben for it.

Well, hopefully if we can patch up a couple holes and ever have an injury-free season, instead of being "outclassed," we can just buttfuck them into next century.

Stomping them in the playoffs and then winning a couple of Super Bowls so Ben could match him with 4 would be a great way for Brady's career to end. One can always hope.

Hawkman
10-28-2016, 08:00 PM
Well, hopefully if we can patch up a couple holes and ever have an injury-free season, instead of being "outclassed," we can just buttfuck them into next century.

Stomping them in the playoffs and then winning a couple of Super Bowls so Ben could match him with 4 would be a great way for Brady's career to end. One can always hope.

Doubtful, but I like your thinking.

fansince'76
10-29-2016, 12:51 AM

This. Not to mention being a smug prick to boot...

Except for Tom Coughlin and Eli "the lesser" Manning, AKA "Goober"...

BnG_Hevn
10-29-2016, 09:33 AM
:stirthepot::stirthepot:

It hurts when our heroes let us down. It just makes you feel empty inside. The video you are about to see of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger might do that to you. Inside the NFL on Showtime had New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady wired up during the Steelers and Patriots and before the game the cameras caught this.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/10/27/ben-roethlisberger-asks-tom-brady-for-his-jersey-and-i-threw-up-in-my-mouth-a-little/

That site is garbage, videos playing that you can't see or stop preventing you from hearing the video you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, exactly. I don't know why this would bother anyone. Brady is a future Hall of Famer and one of the best to ever play the game. It's not like as if he's Birthdefect or Suggs or someone like that.

Anyone who feels "let down" by this has issues.

If Brady goes to the Browns, he is just another washout / journeyman QB. The "crutch of spy gate allowed him some leeway while he learned. For that reason along I can't stomach anything Brady related.

I just lost all respect for BR, he is like a kid looking up to Brady. It is pathetic.

lipps83
10-29-2016, 10:29 AM
Except for Tom Coughlin and Eli "the lesser" Manning, AKA "Goober"...

Every Superman has his kryptonite.

It is funny that Brady's and Belichick's seem to be Eli Manning and Coughlin, of all people. Nobody really noteworthy. Which is funny considering their accomplishments.

SteelerFanInStl
10-29-2016, 09:59 PM
If Brady goes to the Browns, he is just another washout / journeyman QB. The "crutch of spy gate allowed him some leeway while he learned. For that reason along I can't stomach anything Brady related.

I just lost all respect for BR, he is like a kid looking up to Brady. It is pathetic.

You lost all respect for Ben because he asked Brady for a jersey to put on his wall? LMAO! People take sports way too seriously.

steel striker
10-31-2016, 02:56 PM
Look I don't care for Brady myself infact I can't stand anything Boston/New England PERIOD! Just about every other QB respects that heck out of Brady except Carson Palmer. Just because he is real good does not mean I have to like him. I just hope the steelers can get another crack against them in the playoffs and, for once beat them when it really counts.

tube517
10-31-2016, 03:24 PM
Look I don't care for Brady myself infact I can't stand anything Boston/New England PERIOD! Just about every other QB respects that heck out of Brady except Carson Palmer. Just because he is real good does not mean I have to like him. I just hope the steelers can get another crack against them in the playoffs and, for once beat them when it really counts.

AMEN!

Crow-Magnon
11-01-2016, 06:57 PM
He says he wants it in his office. Nothing wrong with collecting jerseys from great players. He might have a Manning jersey hanging there already.

I have never been one who is into material things like autographs, jerseys, hats etc..., but I had to choose which QB jerseys(worn) from the NFL I would want hanging in me bonus room it would be....
(in no particular order)

Bradshaw
Staubach
Tarkenton
Stabler
Griese
Bert Jones
Archie Manning

I am into the classics : )

What? No Unitas? Man! He was born in Pittsburgh!

BnG_Hevn
11-02-2016, 03:56 PM
You lost all respect for Ben because he asked Brady for a jersey to put on his wall? LMAO! People take sports way too seriously.

It's not just about sports, it's about competitors and bending knee to a low-life. If you can drum up any kind of scenario that Dan Marino would do anything of the sort with Joe Montana then I'd give him a pass. I say Montana b/c he came into the league in '79 right, 4 years before Marino. Brady and Ben also 4 years apart.

Mojouw
11-02-2016, 04:42 PM
It's not just about sports, it's about competitors and bending knee to a low-life. If you can drum up any kind of scenario that Dan Marino would do anything of the sort with Joe Montana then I'd give him a pass. I say Montana b/c he came into the league in '79 right, 4 years before Marino. Brady and Ben also 4 years apart.

From their playing days: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/52/74/e7/5274e7de47202df8e720bd5d386adf31.jpg

Retirement when they played flag football at a benefit together: http://manginphotography.net/2014/07/the-legends-of-candlestick-gave-me-goosebumps/

Or when they appeared in a commercial together after the SB in like 8 or so?

Or what about this article:http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/12/15/10131982/fantasy-football-with-joe-montana-and-dan-marino-yes-please
Contains the following quote: "So with two great quarterbacks and competitors participating in the fantasy combine, does Montana get that old rivalry back?

"Danny and I have been good friends forever, actually since '84 in the Super Bowl. We've been great friends. I see Danny every year, I don't know how many times a year I see him, too many! He still owes me wine though.""

I know that it is mostly because I'm in crap mood today because work is terrible, but these kinds of posts get me every time. Just uninformed nonsense.

SteelerFanInStl
11-02-2016, 07:09 PM

Ben's not "bending knee" to anyone. Thinking that professional athletes on different teams are supposed to be enemies is ridiculous. It's a game!!!

tube517
11-02-2016, 08:08 PM
Marino and Montana did that commercial during Super Bowl XIX and always respected each other. Of course, Marino would have wanted to win that one and only SB appearance but that's not the point.

QBs are always connected. Bradshaw and Staubach. Bradshaw and Stabler. Aikman and Young. Montana and Marino. Marsha and Manning. Of course, they wanted to beat the other QB but there is always respect there. The only "Babies" I have seen are Rivers - Cutler.

The jersey swap is a new fad that is more out in the open now. Watching AB and Megatron swap jerseys was pretty damn cool.

Now, if I see Antwon Blake trading his jersey to anyone, that fad needs to end. :chuckle:

zulater
11-04-2016, 07:52 PM
This doesn't bother me at all. And there's nothing new about this. John Unitas and Bart Starr were closer friends off the field than they were with most of their respective teammates. The thinking of the day was qb's set themselves apart from their teammates on a personal level to some extent. As the teams leader they didn't want it perceived they were playing favorites or if they had to bitch someone out best if you weren't at their dinner table the night before.

Anyway while we as fans like to throw barbs at Brady players most players have nothing but respect for him because simply put he's the most accomplished qb of his generation.

One other thing. The plain truth is players respect their peers on other teams more than they do their fan base. They respect the talent and work it takes to make it in the NFL. And they also know fans will turn on them at a moments notice if their play declines.

So Ben showing respect for an all time great shows he has class and intelligence to me.

Crow-Magnon
11-05-2016, 04:57 AM
Brady is a whiner. He's also one of the top 5 QB's ever to play the game. If the Ravens would have had him as their QB during most of the 2000's I think they could have won at least two more SB's with that defense.

Yeah, he's obnoxious and not very likeable, but no one with an ounce of football sense can say that he's not a great quarterback. Jeezus, it even hurts to say it. But it's true.

teegre
11-05-2016, 04:03 PM
On MTV Cribs, they went to Ray Lewis'a house (barf). Anyway, on Ray's walls were several jerseys, including Eddie George's. When the interviewer mentioned George being a rival, Ray replied: "I am a fan first."

Similarly, as much as we hate him, Deion Sanders has talked about how players aren't fans anymore... and, it bothers him. By the way, Deion has a picture up of Mel Blount in his office.