PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs Sub .500 Teams (Ravens Edition)

StillCurtains
10-27-2016, 07:30 PM
Have a struggling team that needs a win to get back on their feet?
Well we have a solution for you!
Call 1-888-Win vs Steelers, that's right... 1-888- Win vs Steelers!!!

The Pittsburgh Steelers will evaluate your situation and give you a free win in hopes that you can gain some momentum for the remainder of the season. Like the Rooney Rule that helps minorities land head coaching jobs, Tomlin has adopted his own version of the Rooney Rule to giving away wins to sub .500 teams to help the competetive balance in the league.

Tomlin has had this rule in effect for several years now. Unfortunately he is having a hard time getting the other contending organizations to follow suit.

All jokes aside... The Ravens are now 3-4 and despite it we haven't been able to beat them as of late. This is another perfect storm. A sub .500 team that is not only our most heated rival, but has owned us as of late and are coming off a bye at home after losing 4 straight!

Do we really think Harbaugh is not getting that accross to his team right now? Lose 5 staight after this game against the Steelers no less?! I guess I had to post kind of a sarcastic joke to keep my sanity about this team, but I Love them anyway. I hope that Tomlin doesn't allow Harbaugh to outcoach and better prepare his team against him once again.

If the Steelers were to lose this one it could be seriously damaging. Tomlin needs to win this game and show that he has the ability to coach again no matter who we have available on the field.

Just one note to you guys... It's truly a pleasure interacting with you guys. I appreciate the responses to my post. I would like to say that I would like to respond to you all more promptly, but due to the fact that I live in LA, the time zone makes it difficult.

You're all Steeler fans so..... I give my very best to all my Steeler Brothers!

st33lersguy
10-27-2016, 07:46 PM
We are going to lose. Either we get Landry or Ben coming off a loss, both of which don't bode well for the Steelers. Of course if everyone was healthy, we'd still lose, sub .500 team, 4 game losing streak, a team that owns us right now.

Steel Peon
10-31-2016, 04:13 AM
sub .500 team, 4 game losing streak, a team that owns us right now.

Fuck! You're right.......we used to beat teams like this, but now a weak Ravens team is sure to hand us a loss, for wtfever sense that makes.

Edit - And then there's this: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-steelers-expect-to-have-big-ben-under-center-against-the-ravens/

So now, Ben will rush back into action, and get re-injured?

salamander
10-31-2016, 06:32 AM
It'll be a loss. Ben usually sucks his first game back from injury. Add to that the whole sub-.500 Ravens thing and you have a recipe for disaster.

fansince'76
10-31-2016, 10:12 AM
Keep that faith, folks.

Geez, and I wonder why I've been spending less and less time around here...

Moose
10-31-2016, 11:32 AM
LOL What a joke. One thread talks about the Steeler's a S.B. team or not, then another thread has 'fan's' ripping on other fan's who say this team play's down to bottom feeder's and talking about how they are going to lose to the ratbirds. A S.B. bound team wouldn't lose to this ratbird team much less a division rival. What is it ?

ALLD
10-31-2016, 11:38 AM
Better chance of Clinton going to jail than winning this enigma.

Moose
10-31-2016, 11:44 AM
Better chance of Clinton going to jail than winning this enigma.

Which clinton ? lol

pczach
10-31-2016, 05:53 PM
Anybody saying that this team has no shot to beat the Ravens should just find another hobby.

No shot?......Really??

They outplayed the eventual super bowl champs in the playoffs last year with half the team out and another third injured, but they have zero shot?

That's what is so aggravating about some of the people here. If you are a fan that thinks the organization and the coach stink, and see absolutely no hope with the current roster..... you should move on to an NFL team that actually has an organization that meets your rigorous and lofty standards. :jerkit:

Hawkman
10-31-2016, 06:36 PM
Keep that faith, folks.

SERIOUSLY!!

SteelerFanInStl
11-01-2016, 07:40 AM
Keep that faith, folks.

I agree!

tube517
11-01-2016, 09:39 AM
http://www.steelcityunderground.com/2016/10/31/several-steelers-practicing-return-sunday/

Alot of people hopefully coming back. I'm wondering if Coates' finger is healed. Really need a deep threat.

teegre
11-01-2016, 12:14 PM
http://www.steelcityunderground.com/2016/10/31/several-steelers-practicing-return-sunday/

As soon as Green gets the green light, this offense will score 10ppg more. He will make that much of a difference.

salamander
11-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Listen, if they come out and prove us "naysayers" wrong, then so be it. I'll gladly eat that humble pie. We just haven't won in Baltimore since 2012 so I'm being a pessimistic realist. :chuckle:

steel striker
11-01-2016, 02:58 PM
We all know what the past record is against the rats bnut, I'm going to be positive here time for a road win. If everything goes as planned which is Ben is healthy then he missed one week and, hopfully he will not be too rusty.

Crow-Magnon
11-01-2016, 06:51 PM
I wish I could say I was hopeful, but I'm not. The Ravens offense threatens no one. The defense is prone to giving up big plays for game-winning scores. Bad play-calling. Receivers that drop way too many balls. I could go on and on.

Not saying they can't win, but I don't think they will win.

Born2Steel
11-02-2016, 10:24 AM
I wish I could say I was hopeful, but I'm not. The Ravens offense threatens no one. The defense is prone to giving up big plays for game-winning scores. Bad play-calling. Receivers that drop way too many balls. I could go on and on.

Not saying they can't win, but I don't think they will win.

For what it's worth, I agree with you.

StillCurtains
11-02-2016, 10:48 PM
LOL What a joke. One thread talks about the Steeler's a S.B. team or not, then another thread has 'fan's' ripping on other fan's who say this team play's down to bottom feeder's and talking about how they are going to lose to the ratbirds. A S.B. bound team wouldn't lose to this ratbird team much less a division rival. What is it ?

I'm not here to bash our team. Yeah I used a bit of sarcasm in this post. What I do speak of about this team is their current state. Yes I posted a thread about this teams Superbowl hopes and now this one about them vs sub .500 teams.

The Jekyle and Hyde tendencies of this team have been on display for all to see for quite some time now. They have displayed this with and without injuries. Here is my take on this team.... I have no doubt that they can beat the best teams in football because they have done it.

I also have no doubt that they can lose to the worst teams because they have done that also. We don't need to go too far back and look to see if this is true. Do you deny it?
When someone points out what has been on display for all to see that does not make them less of a supporter. It's only a painful fact that we happen to keep seeing over and over again!

If these things are not true, show me facts that show the contrary! I'm not a hater, but I am frustrated!

BlackAndGold
11-03-2016, 05:34 PM
I honesty expect a loss, Stats show that Ben(yes, I expect him to return) has struggled playing on the road, and also has struggled coming back from missing games cause of injury.

One note to be made, Artie Burns will be making his first start Sunday.

Born2Steel
11-04-2016, 08:01 AM
Damn! It's RAVEN'S WEEK!!!!!!!! Let's Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!

Crow-Magnon
11-04-2016, 10:04 AM
Damn! It's RAVEN'S WEEK!!!!!!!! Let's Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!

It just feels "off" a bit, doesn't it?

tube517
11-04-2016, 11:14 AM

Agreed. Not really the same anymore.

The players from the 00-12 years (height of the rivalry) are pretty much gone. Really can't name any of the new Ratbird players except the vets.

The league as a whole sucks. I'm still watching the Steelers but the thrill of NFL football has faded for me. Don't even know who played last night.

j-d-s
11-04-2016, 11:24 AM
That's because them Bungals destroyed our season two years in a row by injuring our guys.

Born2Steel
11-04-2016, 11:29 AM

No. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beat the RATBIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelMayhem72
11-04-2016, 12:10 PM

The players from the 00-12 years (height of the rivalry) are pretty much gone. Really can't name any of the new Ratbird players except the vets.

The league as a whole sucks. I'm still watching the Steelers but the thrill of NFL football has faded for me. Don't even know who played last night.
This is my sentiment exactly...i only have watched the steelers. The rules, kneel downs, and just mediocrity across the league has lost my interest and this is why ratings are down.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Steeldude
11-04-2016, 02:09 PM

Exactly. I have watched only SBs with the Steelers since 95. I remember watching all of the SBs in the 70's(some) and 80's. I used to watch Monday night football no matter who was playing. Same goes for Sunday before satellite TV arrived.

It's becoming like baseball to me. Well, not that bad. I didn't even know the World Series was being played. I have never watched more than 2 innings of baseball in my life. I no longer watch the NBA because they let everyone travel. I think I stopped watching it in 2004.

I really hope someone starts a new USFL. Bring back real football.

Steel Peon
11-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Aside from the bullshit PI no-call against Brown in the EZ, this has looked about 99% like what I expected it would

86WARD
11-06-2016, 03:02 PM
Bitches.

fansince'76
11-06-2016, 03:06 PM
I think Tomlin's (and Haley's and Butler's) seat needs to be at least heating up at this point.

st33lersguy
11-06-2016, 03:10 PM
I think Tomlin's (and Haley's and Butler's) seat needs to be at least heating up at this point.

After this three-game run of shit, definitely

SteelerFanInStl
11-06-2016, 03:15 PM

I'm seriously done with all of them except for Munchak. Tired of this shit.

st33lersguy
11-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Does this team really think road games begin in the 4th quarter or something?

steelerdude15
11-06-2016, 03:22 PM
The Ravens own us. We've lost four straight games to them and it feels like there isn't an end in sight.

st33lersguy
11-06-2016, 03:24 PM
Oh and the Eagles are now 4-4, including 1-4 since stomping this teams' sorry asses

DesertSteel
11-06-2016, 03:28 PM
I'm seriously done with all of them except for Munchak. Tired of this shit.

Sorry but even the OL is underachieving big time.

SteelerFanInStl
11-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Sorry but even the OL is underachieving big time.

Unfortunately I can't really argue with that this season. They played really well last season. Don't know what's happening now other than the injuries.

st33lersguy
11-06-2016, 03:34 PM
This is not a playoff team. Not even close

SteelMayhem72
11-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Tomlins typical BS post game speech

- - - Updated - - -

Im on to the fire tomlin train

Steel Peon
11-06-2016, 03:39 PM
Tomlins typical BS post game speech
We'll unleash heck in December, but for now it's aw shucks.

StillCurtains
11-06-2016, 04:00 PM

Some of us here have said how Tomlin seems to have this team underperform specificaly against sub .500 teams on a consistent basis for quite some time now. It almost seems against these type of teams particularly on the road, that if they fall from behind early the game is already lost because they crawl up into a shell and play with no heart.

As I stated, a sub .500 team that is 3-4 playing them on the road after losing 4 straight was a perfect storm. We have all seen this story before. Somehow, at times you seem to take what some of us are saying and make a translation that we don't support the team.

Instead, maybe you should start to take the angle that we're only stating the evidence of what we have seen time and time again on the field and nothing else. At some point you have to see that when the same thing seems to happen over and over again that it's no longer a myth, but a painful and true reality.

fansince'76
11-06-2016, 04:10 PM
Some of us here have said how Tomlin seems to have this team underperform specificaly against sub .500 teams on a consistent basis for quite some time now. It almost seems against these type of teams particularly on the road, that if they fall from behind early the game is already lost because they crawl up into a shell and play with no heart.

As I stated, a sub .500 team that is 3-4 playing them on the road after losing 4 straight was a perfect storm. We have all seen this story before. Somehow, at times you seem to take what some of us are saying and make a translation that we don't support the team.

Instead, maybe you should start to take the angle that we're only stating the evidence of what we have seen time and time again on the field and nothing else. At some point you have to see that when the same thing seems to happen over and over again that it's no longer a myth, but a painful and true reality.

No, I just don't knee-jerk and overreact and call for everyone from the owner's down to the waterboy's firing after every single loss.

StillCurtains
11-06-2016, 04:52 PM
No, I just don't knee-jerk and overreact and call for everyone from the owner's down to the waterboy's firing after every single loss.

Neither do I, but you have to admit that it is truly a clear pattern and starting to become absolutely ridiculous.

86WARD
11-06-2016, 05:08 PM

I don't either, but there's enough evidence now to show that there is a consistent problem from the top down...

salamander
11-06-2016, 07:13 PM
It'll be a loss. Ben usually sucks his first game back from injury. Add to that the whole sub-.500 Ravens thing and you have a recipe for disaster.

:(

Count Steeler
11-06-2016, 08:18 PM
3 losses in a row to a sub par Ravens team. WTF?

st33lersguy
11-06-2016, 08:28 PM
3 losses in a row to a sub par Ravens team. WTF?

Typical tomlin bs

Steelersfan
11-06-2016, 09:58 PM

I would say stick with Tomlin if he "grows some balls" & fires Danny Smith tomorrow. Maybe benches Mitchell for a game or cans Lake too.

Special teams has SUCKED for a way too many years now.

When was the last time we kicked off, punted or especially, received a kick or a punt without a penalty? somewhere around 2004 (sarca) I think!!!

When was the last time we had a decent run-back? I'm not positive, but by somebody other than Brown, 2004 I think.

Anybody remember trying to find a "kick-returner" other than Brown. I think we've been looking since 2004.

Anybody remember a punter/punting fiasco recently???

Lets see, how about a muffed punt/kickoff in a playoff game last year when Brown was out? Remember Wheaton not knowing what the hell to do back there. Backups not ready to be "Next man up".

Todays game:
Punt blocked - Check
Numerous penalties - Check
12 men on the field - Check
Running into the kicker - Check
Trick (Trip over your own feet to confuse them) on-side kick -Check

Yeah, lets fire the head coach and defensive coordinator and keep this bum.

Him & Carnell Lake should have been fired at the end of last season.

Ben sucked again too today, but secondary tackling & SPECIAL TEAMS lost this game AGAIN.

86WARD
11-07-2016, 01:43 AM
They've been looking for a kick returner fo a long time. Guess who,ran one back 97 yards for a TD yesterday...Jordan Todman...

I've been calling for Danny Smiths head for years. He's straight terrible. Someone here used to defend him to the bitter end about how great he was, how he got the best out of guys in training camp, how he was a true teacher...having Boswell try that shit on an onside kick...which they have enough trouble converting in the first place...is an embarrassment. Tomlin won't fire Smith...he probably thought Boswell could make a splash doing that nonsense.

plenewken
11-07-2016, 05:04 AM
Great game! We beat the Sharks 5-0 on their home ice. That's a heck of a performance.

tube517
11-07-2016, 05:12 AM
They've been looking for a kick returner fo a long time. Guess who,ran one back 97 yards for a TD yesterday...Jordan Todman...

I've been calling for Danny Smiths head for years. He's straight terrible. Someone here used to defend him to the bitter end about how great he was, how he got the best out of guys in training camp, how he was a true teacher...having Boswell try that shit on an onside kick...which they have enough trouble converting in the first place...is an embarrassment. Tomlin won't fire Smith...he probably thought Boswell could make a splash doing that nonsense.

I think you and I were calling for him to be the KR last year.
Todman had one return last year as a KR.

They think Wheaton (last year) and Coates this year are KR???

Now, Justin Boykin sits but should be the KR yet they put their WR with an injured finger and no return experience whatsoever with his whopping 20.3 KR avg???

pczach
11-07-2016, 06:37 PM
I think you and I were calling for him to be the KR last year.
Todman had one return last year as a KR.

They think Wheaton (last year) and Coates this year are KR???

Now, Justin Boykin sits but should be the KR yet they put their WR with an injured finger and no return experience whatsoever with his whopping 20.3 KR avg???

I think Justin Gilbert has looked explosive on kickoff returns when he's healthy. He has some skills and speed to be dangerous. With punts, we are still looking for that elusive replacement.

tube517
11-08-2016, 02:11 AM
I think Justin Gilbert has looked explosive on kickoff returns when he's healthy. He has some skills and speed to be dangerous. With punts, we are still looking for that elusive replacement.

He has previous experience and a healthy average at KR. Really not sure why he isn't back there.

I don't know what it is with KR/PR on this team.

KR's have all been failures or 1 year stopgaps (A.Rossum and S.Logan) and we still end up looking for Rod Woodson's replacement, (A Chuck Noll guy).

From Suckerpunch to Gary Russell to Ricardo Colclough. These have been previous KR's at one point!

PR's have been good but it's the star WR doing it. (AB, Holmes)