PDA

View Full Version : Missing Brady matchup disappoints Roethlisberger

stillers4me
10-19-2016, 05:42 AM
The toughest part for Ben Roethlisberger after surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee?

“It’s going to kill me not to be able to go against [Tom Brady] Sunday. I’ve said many times I think he’s one of the best quarterbacks of all time and the best one going right now. You know me. I love to battle the best.”.............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/10/19/Ron-Cook-Missing-Brady-matchup-tough-on-Roethlisberger-Steekers-Patriots/stories/201610190089?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Born2Steel
10-19-2016, 04:43 PM
Ben will get his chance in the AFC Championship game.

teegre
10-19-2016, 08:54 PM
Ben will get his chance in the AFC Championship game.

Game.
Set.
Match.

#fuckthisweekofTaperiotsballwashing

LloydWoodson
10-19-2016, 09:33 PM
It's too bad Ben didn't have that compete level for the Ryan Tannehills and Carson Wentzes.

fansince'76
10-20-2016, 08:10 AM
It's too bad Ben didn't have that compete level for the Ryan Tannehills and Carson Wentzes.

LOL, that's it, criticize away. You'll be praying for another QB like Ben to come along in a few years when this team is forced to start another Kordell Stewart/Mark Malone/Bubby Brister, et al. with no relief in sight.

steel striker
10-20-2016, 11:08 AM
Alot of steeler fans will realize how good of a QB Ben is once his playing days are over like FS76 has stated numerous times. He will be in the HOF someday and, when you see the qb play before Ben is was god awful.

86WARD
10-20-2016, 11:17 AM
LOL, that's it, criticize away. You'll be praying for another QB like Ben to come along in a few years when this team is forced to start another Kordell Stewart/Mark Malone/Bubby Brister, et al. with no relief in sight.

Ugh...Kent Graham?

It's coming...

SteelerFanInStl
10-20-2016, 12:08 PM

Exactly. We talk about how Ben doesn't get the proper respect from the national media but he also doesn't get the proper respect from a lot of Steeler fans.

The more that I think about it, the closer I'm getting to just saying goodbye to the whole NFL when Ben finally retires.

86WARD
10-20-2016, 12:18 PM
Since 2015 Ben Roethlisberger, Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown have only played together 5 out of 24 games.

Edman
10-20-2016, 12:29 PM

Don't need to wait that long.

We'll see Sunday how badly we'll miss Ben. It's just a preview of what is to come once Ben hangs it up.

This level of uncertain defeatism? Little to no confidence? The absolute dread over the course of the week? Knowing your Quarterback sucks and you have slim to no chance to win? Welcome to the Post-Ben era. At least back then we had a Defense to look forward to. This week there is NO Defense and NO Quarterback.

Woe be to all Steeler fans attending the upcoming shitshow on Sunday, because it is going to suck.

Tom Brady vs Landry Jones. The joke writes itself.

tube517
10-20-2016, 12:31 PM
Since 2015 Ben Roethlisberger, Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown have only played together 5 out of 24 games.

Add in Martavis Bryant, it's probably 2 quarters out of 24 games :chuckle:

fansince'76
10-20-2016, 01:09 PM
The more that I think about it, the closer I'm getting to just saying goodbye to the whole NFL when Ben finally retires.

If they revert back to an '80s-era version of the Steelers again, I know I'm not going to bother. I've already completely tuned out on the rest of the league.

Born2Steel
10-20-2016, 02:00 PM
You guys suck. I'll be here for the Steelers whoever plays. We get spoiled by championships and HoF players, but if you jump ship when things go badly, good riddance.

86WARD
10-20-2016, 03:16 PM
You guys suck. I'll be here for the Steelers whoever plays. We get spoiled by championships and HoF players, but if you jump ship when things go badly, good riddance.

I don't see anyone jumping ship. It's just the reality that is observed. It's a good thing, in this case, that they actually play the game. Stranger things have happened.

Born2Steel
10-20-2016, 05:57 PM
I don't see anyone jumping ship. It's just the reality that is observed. It's a good thing, in this case, that they actually play the game. Stranger things have happened.

Only meant for those fair weather fans.

Hawkman
10-20-2016, 06:09 PM

What an asinine comment.

SteelerFanInStl
10-20-2016, 08:56 PM
Only meant for those fair weather fans.

And who exactly are you referring to?

LloydWoodson
10-21-2016, 09:03 AM

I'm not naive. I know how rare Ben is.

The fact remains Tomlin gets all the criticism for losing to inferior teams.

Ben's rating in this years losses was 62 and 57. "How did we get blown out by Philly?! How did we get blown out by Miami?!"

I think Roethlisberger's personality has a bigger effect on the Steelers than people realize.

The flip side to that is that Ben is one of those Michael Jordan types who does his best under pressure and thrives the larger the stage.

Some of you guys have some thin skin.

Born2Steel
10-21-2016, 10:24 AM
And who exactly are you referring to?

All of the fair weather fans.

SteelMayhem72
10-22-2016, 08:56 PM
What an asinine comment.
ignore lloydwoodson..ive put him on iggy since he iggied me only for me disagreeing with him...he acts like a child

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Edman
10-22-2016, 10:49 PM
What an asinine comment.

He's was outplayed by both of them and the Steelers lost both games, pretty badly.

Ben's a Jordan-type. He beats good teams and loses to shit teams consistently. It's not that asinine.

Hawkman
10-23-2016, 06:54 AM
He's was outplayed by both of them and the Steelers lost both games, pretty badly.

Ben's a Jordan-type. He beats good teams and loses to shit teams consistently. It's not that asinine.

So you're saying the Jets are a good team? Give me a break! I wouldn't say the Eagles are a shit team. I stick by what I said.

touchdownward
10-23-2016, 09:10 AM
LOL, that's it, criticize away. You'll be praying for another QB like Ben to come along in a few years when this team is forced to start another Kordell Stewart/Mark Malone/Bubby Brister, et al. with no relief in sight.Yep, much like with Ben, we're going to have to trade up to get a QB when it comes time to replace him. The Steelers rarely finish outside of the top 15, therefore, pick low in the draft. Not looking forward to the day when Ben hangs up the cleats, he's the toughest QB in the league.

Born2Steel
10-23-2016, 01:51 PM
Yep, much like with Ben, we're going to have to trade up to get a QB when it comes time to replace him. The Steelers rarely finish outside of the top 15, therefore, pick low in the draft. Not looking forward to the day when Ben hangs up the cleats, he's the toughest QB in the league.

My hope.....The Broncos are satisfied with Trevor Siemian and we can get Paxton Lynch in a trade. Sooner rather than later. Heath's retirement kinda caught us off guard, I feel. FO panicked a bit and traded for Green without due diligence. If Ben retires without any warning, we could very well fall into that 'Browns' QB hole. I would like to make that move now and be ready for the eventual.

And if the Broncos go with Lynch, trade for Siemian. That would be an upgrade as well.