PDA

View Full Version : Things just got a whole lot worse , Ben has torn meniscus

Dwinsgames
10-16-2016, 09:54 PM
https://twitter.com/RonCookPG/status/787845231714504704 (https://twitter.com/RonCookPG/status/787845231714504704)

Buckinnuts
10-17-2016, 04:23 AM
hope the hell it is only like they said a game or 2...really hope Mettenberg can take the job from Jones

stillers4me
10-17-2016, 04:55 AM
So a player can get ejected from a game for wearing the wrong color cleats but not for tackling a players knees or horsecollaring.... Touchdown celebrations are virtually always a 15 yard penalty but a late hit on a quarterback doesn't get called. Gotcha. #watchinghockeyfromhereonout (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/watchinghockeyfromhereonout?source=feed_text&story_id=1306373219374815)

- - - Updated - - -

fansince'76
10-17-2016, 05:10 AM
So a player can get ejected from a game for wearing the wrong color cleats but not for tackling a players knees or horsecollaring.... Touchdown celebrations are virtually always a 15 yard penalty but a late hit on a quarterback doesn't get called. Gotcha. #watchinghockeyfromhereonout (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/watchinghockeyfromhereonout?source=feed_text&story_id=1306373219374815)

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on who the QB is...

zulater
10-17-2016, 05:20 AM
The injury to Ben coUld benefit this team in the long run if Ben comes back and can play at a reasonable level and misses only a few games. Haley needs to make LeVeon Bell the focus of this offense for now and the rest of the season. It was ridiculous that he only had 10 carries against a Dolphins defense that hadn't stopped the run all year. Tired of AB getting double teamed or worse? Establish the run, play action pass! Anyway Ben has struggled on the road for 3 years now. That Haley and Tomlin didn't try to play the game through Bell is ridiculous. Anyway bottom line is that if Bell and Williams get 25+ carries between them we can win games no matter who the qb.

Steelermania
10-17-2016, 06:00 AM
The injury to Ben coUld benefit this team in the long run if Ben comes back and can play at a reasonable level and misses only a few games. Haley needs to make LeVeon Bell the focus of this offense for now and the rest of the season. It was ridiculous that he only had 10 carries against a Dolphins defense that hadn't stopped the run all year. Tired of AB getting double teamed or worse? Establish the run, play action pass! Anyway Ben has struggled on the road for 3 years now. That Haley and Tomlin didn't try to play the game through Bell is ridiculous. Anyway bottom line is that if Bell and Williams get 25+ carries between them we can win games no matter who the qb.

Agree with this. The turning point of the game came when we had first and 10 at the Dolphins 30, leading 8-3. This is where you have a chance to put your foot on the neck of a bad team. Three straight passes, including Ben taking an unforgivable sack on third down that took us out of fg range. Bell has to touch the ball at least once here.

pczach
10-17-2016, 06:02 AM
Give him credit for trying to play through it, but you could see he wasn't himself after coming back into the game. He finally started to adjust and throw the ball better in the final minutes of the game. Let's hope that the coaching staff comes up with a game plan to help Landry Jones, and it should include a lot of Bell and Williams.

Life without Ben is never fun, but this team needs to get healthy. They have been slowly coming apart with the injuries but they managed to hold it together. The injuries in this game broke them.

I believe health is the most important thing that this team needs to occur.

Crow-Magnon
10-17-2016, 06:42 AM
I think both our teams are benefiting from a return to normal for Cincinnati. Otherwise we'd be sunk by Week 7.

Tough news. Ben ain't getting any younger. Knees are tricky. No pun intended.

SteelerFanInStl
10-17-2016, 07:28 AM

This pissed me off more than anything yesterday. The whole offensive game plan should've revolved around Bell.

- - - Updated - - -

We're done without Ben. Landry is hot garbage. I'd rather see Mettenberger be given a chance.

SteelMayhem72
10-17-2016, 07:59 AM
im so sick of the nfl with their rules and bullshit...other than watching my steelers i dont watch anybody else and its really getting difficult to even watch the steelers and the crap they are displaying on the field. Only saving grace is there are a lot of teams riding around the .500 mark. Not out of the question 9-7 or 8-8 wins ours division but it wont matter cause half the team will be on IR by then. Im about to completely boycott the nfl and ive been a steelers fan since the mid 70s so thats saying something. Until they make the refs full time employees and give them what they want then the officiating will continually get worse which is what were seeing. You cant focus on a job if you have many other jobs as well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Steelermania
10-17-2016, 08:57 AM
im so sick of the nfl with their rules and bullshit...other than watching my steelers i dont watch anybody else and its really getting difficult to even watch the steelers and the crap they are displaying on the field. Only saving grace is there are a lot of teams riding around the .500 mark. Not out of the question 9-7 or 8-8 wins ours division but it wont matter cause half the team will be on IR by then. Im about to completely boycott the nfl and ive been a steelers fan since the mid 70s so thats saying something. Until they make the refs full time employees and give them what they want then the officiating will continually get worse which is what were seeing. You cant focus on a job if you have many other jobs as well.

The horse collar tackle that wasn't called was just awful, and I'm not one to complain about the refs because they usually end up screwing both teams.

Also, on third and one, with Landry in the game, why is he dropping back to pass? Bell has to get the ball there. Coaches are always outsmarting themselves. After what Pete Carroll did in the Super Bowl though, it never surprises me anymore.

st33lersguy
10-17-2016, 10:03 AM
I think this is the year the steelers need to draft ben's replacement. Anyone by chance take a look at the upcoming qb draft class?

86WARD
10-17-2016, 11:29 AM
Anything but an "athletic QB".

steelreserve
10-17-2016, 11:52 AM
A torn meniscus is usually a month minimum, double that if it's bad. I think getting him back after the bye is wildly optimistic ...

Fortunately, the rest of our division is crap and the bar is not looking too high for a wild card either - so just win a game or two in this stretch, make the playoffs, then it's three hands of blackjack.

86WARD
10-17-2016, 12:37 PM
He won't be back anytime soon. Tomlin-talk. Where's Shazier?

slippy
10-17-2016, 12:41 PM
meniscus clean up is usually three weeks. see the 2005 season...

86WARD
10-17-2016, 12:43 PM
"Clean up"...so they say...

j-d-s
10-17-2016, 01:02 PM
This pissed me off more than anything yesterday. The whole offensive game plan should've revolved around Bell.

- - - Updated - - -

We're done without Ben. Landry is hot garbage. I'd rather see Mettenberger be given a chance.

I still can't get over that drive with Landry where we handed it off to Bell every time, and he got good yardage, but then at 3rd and 1 let Landry throw it. Bell gets that one yard at least 90 percent of the time. Easily. Landry on the other hand... nope.

But our Backup QB situation is not all that bad, as long as we start Mettenberger immediately and don't even bother trying to put in Landry. Mettenberger, with the right coaching and especially with tips from Ben can be one of the better Backup QBs in the league.

steelreserve
10-17-2016, 01:06 PM
But our Backup QB situation is not all that bad, as long as we start Mettenberger immediately and don't even bother trying to put in Landry.

Spoiler: We won't. Jones will be in there until his arm falls off. Even if he's 0-for-54 with 54 interceptions, the only way they'll take him out if if he gets injured.

tube517
10-17-2016, 01:13 PM
O-line has had some shaky moments lately with Gilbert out.

Don't be surprised if Landry gets hurt

SteelMayhem72
10-17-2016, 01:45 PM
im begining to think Bens knee could have waited till after the season for a "clean out"...something dont smell right to me...could he be throwing in the towel so to speak? Knowing this team sucks...lol

DesertSteel
10-17-2016, 02:07 PM
im begining to think Bens knee could have waited till after the season for a "clean out"...something dont smell right to me...could he be throwing in the towel so to speak? Knowing this team sucks...lol

Yeah that's what you do when you're in 1st place... throw in the towel... smh

SteelMayhem72
10-17-2016, 03:05 PM
Yeah that's what you do when you're in 1st place... throw in the towel... smh
In first place yes...not for long the way this team is playing. We are not gonna win ANY of the upcoming games without Ben. Patriots, ravens, and cowgirls will beat us with landry if he even gets that far. A "clean up" on his knee is something that could have waited till the off season..
notice how he started throwing the ball better on his last td series. Ben may be out 4 weeks and the only game we win is the bye week...lol

Rara
10-17-2016, 03:30 PM
Ben is going to need more time to heal...he is older, afterall. Can't compare 2005 Ben with 2016 Ben...that's 11 years apart. I'm not confident with Jones being the starter...I'd feel maybe 1% more positive if Mettenberger started...but either way, not confident or positive with Ben down. Damn it.

DesertSteel
10-17-2016, 03:38 PM
In first place yes...not for long the way this team is playing.

You mean compared to how Baltimore, Cincy and Cleveland are playing???

- - - Updated - - -

In the NFL, a bad loss counts just the same as a close loss and a loss to a bad team counts the same as a loss to a good team. This isn't the NCAA.

Rara
10-17-2016, 03:43 PM

- - - Updated - - -

In the NFL, a bad loss counts just the same as a close loss and a loss to a bad team counts the same as a loss to a good team. This isn't the NCAA.

https://validissuesnotissues.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/filepicker-sgehqpyis5ejcux7ynid_apples-and-oranges.png

teegre
10-17-2016, 04:53 PM

THANK YOU!!!

The Steelers are 4-2. Period. There are no style points... either way: they don't get an extra win for destroying the Chiefs, nor do they get an extra loss for losing to Miami.

NOTE: The injury to BB is the only thing that is truly significant.

SteelMayhem72
10-17-2016, 05:19 PM

- - - Updated - - -

cincy and baltimore are not gonna stay down for long...hell we all could end up 8-8...lol

https://validissuesnotissues.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/filepicker-sgehqpyis5ejcux7ynid_apples-and-oranges.png

steelerdude15
10-17-2016, 05:28 PM

Knowing how Ben is, he'll never throw in the towel. Even if the Steelers are losing in a game and we all know that the outcome has already been decided, Ben never wants to come out.

SteelerFanInStl
10-17-2016, 08:08 PM
I still can't get over that drive with Landry where we handed it off to Bell every time, and he got good yardage, but then at 3rd and 1 let Landry throw it. Bell gets that one yard at least 90 percent of the time. Easily. Landry on the other hand... nope.

Yep. That's when I turned the game off.

Craic
10-18-2016, 02:04 AM
THANK YOU!!!

The Steelers are 4-2. Period. There are no style points... either way: they don't get an extra win for destroying the Chiefs, nor do they get an extra loss for losing to Miami.

NOTE: The injury to BB is the only thing that is truly significant.

Well, if there's a standings tie at the end of the year, and if Strength of Victory and Strength of Schedule are the same, and if the last dog you see peed to the left, and the cat peed to the right, then I think after that, points matter, but I digress...

fansince'76
10-18-2016, 03:57 AM
Two years in a row now that Roethlisberger will be missing extended playing time due to someone basically diving into his knee, which is supposedly an area that's off limits to hit a QB and neither was flagged.

And as Mark Barron also wasn't fined last year, I'm not going to be holding my breath for Jordan Phillips to be fined either.

Yeah, I know, to paraphrase Goodell, "But gee, Ben's a big guy and you have to do a bit more to bring him down!"

Getting REALLY tired of it... :mad2:

GBMelBlount
10-18-2016, 06:39 AM
meniscus clean up is usually three weeks. see the 2005 season...

So if Ben were to only miss two games, worst case we are 1 game out and tied for best divisional record when he returns.

....and if 1/2 of starting quarterbacks have a .500 record or less can you really expect a backup to light it up?

Still, IF our team is healthy and plays with intensity and the play calling is good we can beat Baltimore with Jones.

86WARD
10-18-2016, 07:11 AM

That's silly. I think there's something more to it than just a "cleaning". But to say he's throwing in the towel? Come on...

Steelermania
10-18-2016, 08:01 AM
Two years in a row now that Roethlisberger will be missing extended playing time due to someone basically diving into his knee, which is supposedly an area that's off limits to hit a QB and neither was flagged.

And as Mark Barron also wasn't fined last year, I'm not going to be holding my breath for Jordan Phillips to be fined either.

Yeah, I know, to paraphrase Goodell, "But gee, Ben's a big guy and you have to do a bit more to bring him down!"

Getting REALLY tired of it... :mad2: He wasn't hurt by someone diving into his knee. The guy grabbed his right foot, throwing him off balance, and causing him to come down hard on his left leg. Is the other team not supposed to tackle a qb when he rolls out?

fansince'76
10-18-2016, 08:40 AM
He wasn't hurt by someone diving into his knee. The guy grabbed his right foot, throwing him off balance, and causing him to come down hard on his left leg. Is the other team not supposed to tackle a qb when he rolls out?

With 8 minutes, 18 seconds left in the second quarter, Jordan Phillips dove at Roethlisberger’s right ankle as the quarterback scrambled to his right and threw an interception to Reshad Jones.

Donald Butler hit Roethlisberger during the return, but the injury occurred when Phillips gave chase, Roethlisberger said.

“He grabbed my right foot, and my left leg kind of hyperextended,” Roethlisberger said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/10/16/Roethlisberger-optimistic-as-he-awaits-MRI-Sunday-night-1/stories/201610160258

I was unable to watch the game and followed it on the radio, so my signals got somewhat crossed as I heard he dove into his knee after the fact. However, I thought diving at a QB's lower extremities was a no-no in general? Just watch how quickly the laundry flies if Phillips tries the same thing against Brady - just saying.

DesertSteel
10-18-2016, 10:16 AM
It wouldn't be football season if fans didn't overreact (positive or negative) after every single game.......

If a miracle occurs and we beat the Patriots* Sunday, we will be the frontrunner for the Super Bowl again.

I've been a Steelers fan since 1973 so I've seen a couple of ups and downs.

steelreserve
10-18-2016, 10:56 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/10/16/Roethlisberger-optimistic-as-he-awaits-MRI-Sunday-night-1/stories/201610160258

I was unable to watch the game and followed it on the radio, so my signals got somewhat crossed as I heard he dove into his knee after the fact. However, I thought diving at a QB's lower extremities was a no-no in general? Just watch how quickly the laundry flies if Phillips tries the same thing against Brady - just saying.

It wasn't a dirty play IMO. Phillips was chasing the QB from behind and was not going to catch up, so all he could do was try to trip him up or make an ankle tackle. Phillips dived after him, but he was reaching out with his arms just trying to get a hand on him, not throwing his full weight at his knees. As it is, I'm amazed an injury happened, because he barely got a pinky on him. It just made him take a random awkward step, which also looked like nothing, but fuckin A, did it turn out poorly.

vasteeler
10-18-2016, 11:44 AM
:doh::doh:

Posts like this are why I normally stay away from Steelers message boards for at least a week after a loss...

SteelMayhem72
10-18-2016, 12:48 PM
:doh::doh:

Posts like this are why I normally stay away from Steelers message boards for at least a week after a loss...
whatever...look it up...it was just to clean up his knee...if it was a torn miniscus then there would be some repair involved and he would be down at least 4 weeks. Im saying ice the thing and do the "cleaning up" in the offseason...imho it could have waited

SteelMayhem72
10-18-2016, 12:54 PM
It wasn't a dirty play IMO. Phillips was chasing the QB from behind and was not going to catch up, so all he could do was try to trip him up or make an ankle tackle. Phillips dived after him, but he was reaching out with his arms just trying to get a hand on him, not throwing his full weight at his knees. As it is, I'm amazed an injury happened, because he barely got a pinky on him. It just made him take a random awkward step, which also looked like nothing, but fuckin A, did it turn out poorly.
Exactly...there was nothing to the lick on Ben AT ALL...look Ben is a tough guy without a doubt but this one really looks like he pussed out cause we have some him go through and play when it was much worse...I know I know hes much older now yada yada...this looked like nothing at all and im used to him sucking it up...Im no Dr. of course goes without saying but if you noticed the last series we got a TD on he was back to throwing normal...he played the 2nd half and now all of a sudden he is out because of a "torn miniscus"...cmon im not buying it

pczach
10-18-2016, 01:29 PM
Exactly...there was nothing to the lick on Ben AT ALL...look Ben is a tough guy without a doubt but this one really looks like he pussed out cause we have some him go through and play when it was much worse...I know I know hes much older now yada yada...this looked like nothing at all and im used to him sucking it up...Im no Dr. of course goes without saying but if you noticed the last series we got a TD on he was back to throwing normal...he played the 2nd half and now all of a sudden he is out because of a "torn miniscus"...cmon im not buying it

Just because you don't believe it doesn't make you right.

It's a silly accusation without having any proof to show that it goes against how he has conducted himself his entire career.

You have zip...zero...nada........

SteelMayhem72
10-18-2016, 01:50 PM
Just because you don't believe it doesn't make you right.

It's a silly accusation without having any proof to show that it goes against how he has conducted himself his entire career.

You have zip...zero...nada........
Its my opinion...respect it..i keep saying "imho"...read folks...i dont down anybody or say silly accusations...im saying im not buying it, if you buy it then more power to ya but im starting to lose interest in tomlin's bs as well. Conditioning of our players is becoming a liability and to not have guys stay hydrated way before the game in miami is unacceptable. Im not seeing any positives in this team...in all honesty the last 3 teams we have played were not any good and now were are about to be in the meat of the schedule where we actually play good teams. Baltimore may not be that good but thats a division rivalry so nothing will be easy in that game so throw out current records. The measuring stick of this team will be determined in the next few weeks and if what we are seeing is any indication then we are in trouble even with Ben. Too many injuries (see conditioning) and a very vanilla scheme on defense, also our best players not being utilized on offense all should be very concerning for even the most optimistic fans. Its a long season and things can change but EVERY game from here on out is VERY important.

SteelMayhem72
10-18-2016, 01:55 PM
By the way, "IMHO" was not said in the post before but i have said it many times. My rantings are my interpretations and opinions. Everybody should respect everyone's opinion on this site without name calling,etc. There are no "whose right, whose wrong" on this site. It shouldnt be tolerated.

teegre
10-18-2016, 02:07 PM
Well, if there's a standings tie at the end of the year, and if Strength of Victory and Strength of Schedule are the same, and if the last dog you see peed to the left, and the cat peed to the right, then I think after that, points matter, but I digress...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFOvldn_IRw

slippy
10-18-2016, 02:44 PM
my problem with the Ben injury play is that a QB is not fair game after an interception anymore. ben was tripped, landed, threw a pick and then was blocked to the ground from behind. remember the old phrase "keep your head on a swivel after a pick" ? well, you don't have to do that anymore. that and the Bell horse collar tackle really burned me up.

slippy
10-18-2016, 02:54 PM
i've had a torn meniscus. did it doing yoga of all things. it was not torn through, just a flap hanging off. anyway, it "healed" in a few weeks and i returned to normal, even playing tennis that summer.

ten months after the original injury, i was walking around at home and caught my foot on the floor ... nothing at all really... and i could not take another step! the flap of meniscus was now interfering with the sliding movement of the knee. so i had it "cleaned up". they just removed the flap (think finger nail clipping) and i was 75% range of motion in three weeks and have been 100% since.

there are many kinds of meniscus tears.

teegre
10-18-2016, 04:11 PM

I thought that the injury occurred, after the interception, when the Dolphin defender blocked BB from the side. BB wasn't expecting it, and it seemed to tweak his knee.

I never saw saw a replay of it, but when it happened, I was like: :scared:

CBS kept showing the foot grab, but never showed the block...

dislocatedday
10-18-2016, 04:19 PM
It wouldn't be football season if fans didn't overreact (positive or negative) after every single game.......

If a miracle occurs and we beat the Patriots* Sunday, we will be the frontrunner for the Super Bowl again.

I've been a Steelers fan since 1973 so I've seen a couple of ups and downs.

This is the simple truth. The season is far from over, and while the Dolphins loss was a "bad loss", the Steelers are still in great position at 4-2. I'll just look at this Sunday's game as a chance for the Steelers to pull off a big upset until they get some of their key players back in the lineup.

I was somewhat pissed off after the Dolphins loss, and made sure I stayed away from these boards just so I would not make any overreaction posts, which I think is the natural tendency of many football fans (including myself) when their team loses badly.

pczach
10-18-2016, 04:36 PM
Its my opinion...respect it..i keep saying "imho"...read folks...i dont down anybody or say silly accusations...im saying im not buying it, if you buy it then more power to ya but im starting to lose interest in tomlin's bs as well. Conditioning of our players is becoming a liability and to not have guys stay hydrated way before the game in miami is unacceptable. Im not seeing any positives in this team...in all honesty the last 3 teams we have played were not any good and now were are about to be in the meat of the schedule where we actually play good teams. Baltimore may not be that good but thats a division rivalry so nothing will be easy in that game so throw out current records. The measuring stick of this team will be determined in the next few weeks and if what we are seeing is any indication then we are in trouble even with Ben. Too many injuries (see conditioning) and a very vanilla scheme on defense, also our best players not being utilized on offense all should be very concerning for even the most optimistic fans. Its a long season and things can change but EVERY game from here on out is VERY important.

If you're not buying it, and going on a message board saying so, you're making an accusation. That is a fact whether you understand that or not.

If you are giving your opinion on a public message board, other people have the right to tell you their opinion of your opinion. That's how this works. You don't just make an announcement of your thoughts and have everyone just ignore it. We discuss things here, and disagree on things.

I didn't name call or insult you. I simply stated I thought your position is silly because it's based on nothing other than a feeling and it flies in the face of Ben's 13 year career of playing through injuries. People that have had the injury and the surgery to varying degrees are trying to explain it to you, but you're "not buying it". I spoke to my best friend who runs a rehabilitation and sports medicine clinic who explained it to me, and gave me the timeline usually associated with the surgery and recovery, but also explained it is different for everyone. He also said that in many instances, the pain is too strong to be able to walk on it let alone play football.

I'm giving you my opinion and others have given their opinions, much of which is backed up with personal experience with the injury, and many of us also have professional information that has been given to us from professionals that know far more than you do about the injury, the recovery, and all the variables involved. None of these people other than you believe that Ben is somehow faking an injury or getting a medical procedure done that he should have gotten in the offseason .

IMHO and in the opinion of every other person that I know that has had this injury or is a professional that is paid to diagnose, operate on, treat, and rehabilitate these injuries.....you're wrong.

What do you mean when you say you're starting to lose interest in Tomlin's BS? What BS are you talking about?

steelreserve
10-18-2016, 09:14 PM
I thought that the injury occurred, after the interception, when the Dolphin defender blocked BB from the side. BB wasn't expecting it, and it seemed to tweak his knee.

I never saw saw a replay of it, but when it happened, I was like: :scared:

CBS kept showing the foot grab, but never showed the block...

Nah, he came up lame before he even threw the ball. While escaping the sack, he barely caught the tip of his toe on the dirt and started hobbling right away. The block on the interception runback I didn't see, but it happened well after it looked like the damage was done.

SteelMayhem72
10-18-2016, 09:21 PM
If you're not buying it, and going on a message board saying so, you're making an accusation. That is a fact whether you understand that or not.

If you are giving your opinion on a public message board, other people have the right to tell you their opinion of your opinion. That's how this works. You don't just make an announcement of your thoughts and have everyone just ignore it. We discuss things here, and disagree on things.

I didn't name call or insult you. I simply stated I thought your position is silly because it's based on nothing other than a feeling and it flies in the face of Ben's 13 year career of playing through injuries. People that have had the injury and the surgery to varying degrees are trying to explain it to you, but you're "not buying it". I spoke to my best friend who runs a rehabilitation and sports medicine clinic who explained it to me, and gave me the timeline usually associated with the surgery and recovery, but also explained it is different for everyone. He also said that in many instances, the pain is too strong to be able to walk on it let alone play football.

I'm giving you my opinion and others have given their opinions, much of which is backed up with personal experience with the injury, and many of us also have professional information that has been given to us from professionals that know far more than you do about the injury, the recovery, and all the variables involved. None of these people other than you believe that Ben is somehow faking an injury or getting a medical procedure done that he should have gotten in the offseason .

IMHO and in the opinion of every other person that I know that has had this injury or is a professional that is paid to diagnose, operate on, treat, and rehabilitate these injuries.....you're wrong.

What do you mean when you say you're starting to lose interest in Tomlin's BS? What BS are you talking about?
Fair enough and the tomlin bs im talking bout is the same coach speak we get from him every single week...the man is on auto pilot and nothing seems to change...its begun to wear thin with me

teegre
10-18-2016, 09:37 PM
Nah, he came up lame before he even threw the ball. While escaping the sack, he barely caught the tip of his toe on the dirt and started hobbling right away. The block on the interception runback I didn't see, but it happened well after it looked like the damage was done.

Could be. Knees are weird.

For example, my knee is currently messed up... from giving my kids a bath. I was kneeling, leaned too far over, and pop!!! Meanwhile, I've fallen while rock climbing, had it plowed into playing sports, fallen down stairs, et cetera... and, nothing has ever happened. :huh:

DesertSteel
10-18-2016, 11:16 PM
Could be. Knees are weird.

For example, my knee is currently messed up... from giving my kids a bath. I was kneeling, leaned too far over, and pop!!! Meanwhile, I've fallen while rock climbing, had it plowed into playing sports, fallen down stairs, et cetera... and, nothing has ever happened. :huh:
I tore my meniscus 5 years ago getting out of bed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Didn't even realize what happened till I got up 2-3 hours later and couldn't walk.

pczach
10-19-2016, 05:26 AM

I feel your pain.

I have back problems. I have played sports my entire life, and I have never had my worst blowouts with my back while getting crushed playing football, baseball, or lifting heavy objects.

I could deadlift large amounts of weight, work in the yard stretching and reaching for things that have significant weight......nothing. But reach for a zip lock baggie in a bottom kitchen cabinet, or sneeze real hard, or just be standing and doing absolutely nothing.........and I can go down like I was shot by a high powered rifle. It's the most incredible and frustrating thing.

LloydWoodson
10-19-2016, 08:12 AM

- - - Updated - - -

If you have a good OL and a great RB you can play conservative and win a lot of games like the Cowboys are doing bow and like the Seahawks and Steelers used to.

If Prescott progresses, gets a big contract etc. then the Cowboys will start to air it out, mistakes will be made, and they will return to mediocrity.

Tony Romo can make all the throws and decisions Prescott can but he runs a different playbook. Throwing 40+ times a game isn't a good strategy for anyone other than the Pats.

Teams in the NFL are outthinkibg themselves and Haley is probably near the top of the list.

tube517
10-19-2016, 10:10 AM
http://nfltraderumors.co/breaking-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-miss-4-6-weeks-following-knee-surgery/

Could be 4-6 weeks. Damn. Goodbye season.

SteelMayhem72
10-19-2016, 10:14 AM
yep i just posted that in another thread...i knew the 1-2 weeks they were saying didnt sound right for a torn miniscus thats why i was doubting the torn miniscus diagnosis, well its 4-6 weeks which makes sense for that repair...you are right the damn season is done!!!

SteelMayhem72
10-19-2016, 10:15 AM
im so sick of this team...year after year injuries!!!

SteelMayhem72
10-19-2016, 10:16 AM
i know injuries are part if the game but it seems its much worse for us especially to key players

Shoes
10-19-2016, 10:31 AM
I feel good about a Steeler win this week. Butler still has a bad taste in his mouth from his last meeting with the cheats. The Steeler players have embarrassed themselves once again for the second time in a few weeks. I expect them to win on Sunday, even without Ben.

SteelMayhem72
10-19-2016, 10:39 AM
Ben is gonna be out 4-6 weeks according latest report

SteelMayhem72
10-19-2016, 10:42 AM
hmmm...damn...i already posted that on this thread...sorry...but as pissed as i am tank the fucking season and get a high draft pick maybe a qb for bens eventual replacement...i know they will never tank on purpose but they wont have to...star qb gone and a shitty defense equals MANY losses

Shoes
10-19-2016, 10:44 AM
Ben is gonna be out 4-6 weeks according latest report

If that's so then it's time to tighten up the boot straps.

Edman
10-19-2016, 10:53 AM
Ben is looking at 4-6 weeks.

Gutcheck time for Landry Jones/Mettenberger or whoever, because we're stuck with them for a while. We really need to lower our expectations, because boy is it going to suck.

And it may be time to start looking towards the future. Super Bowl aspirations just went up in smoke this year.

Mojouw
10-19-2016, 11:01 AM
Well, got my Sunday afternoons back! I know how this movie ends.

SteelMayhem72
10-19-2016, 11:28 AM
Ben is looking at 4-6 weeks.

Gutcheck time for Landry Jones/Mettenberger or whoever, because we're stuck with them for a while. We really need to lower our expectations, because boy is it going to suck.

And it may be time to start looking towards the future. Super Bowl aspirations just went up in smoke this year.
exactly...hopefully get a higher draft pick a qb for bens eventual replacement

DesertSteel
10-19-2016, 11:45 AM
This is typical Ben injury drama. He'll be back against the Ravens.

Shoes
10-19-2016, 11:45 AM
I'm sure as hell glad I didn't have to share a foxhole with some of you! :chuckle:

SteelMayhem72
10-19-2016, 12:09 PM
This is typical Ben injury drama. He'll be back against the Ravens.
Thats straight from the Dr. 4-6 weeks not from Ben...4 week minimum

86WARD
10-19-2016, 12:13 PM
I said he'd be out at least 4 weeks. Landry goes 2-2 they have a chance...if he's out 6 weeks, Jones has to go 3-3 or better to give this team a chance and the defense isn't good enough to hide Jones. He's going to have to make plays.

Edman
10-19-2016, 12:17 PM
Jones has to go 3-3 or better to give this team a chance and the defense isn't good enough to hide Jones. He's going to have to make plays.

Landry Jones is too scared of his own shadow, let alone capable of running an offense or making plays.

We can only hope he overachieves or a miracle happens.

86WARD
10-19-2016, 12:28 PM
There's so many problems with this team that the coaching staff and front office can't possibly address them all. Tonkin needs to make a list, prioritize it and try to correct these things one at a time. I fear they will try to fix all of them at once and nothing will get corrected.

Shoes
10-19-2016, 12:31 PM
The pats 3rd down defense and redzone suck as I recall. Maybe someone into stats can confirm that.

hawaiiansteeler
10-19-2016, 12:56 PM
exactly...hopefully get a higher draft pick a qb for bens eventual replacement

it's a good thing we used our 4th round draft choice this past draft on Jerald Hawkins and not on Dak Prescott :stirthepot:

Shoes
10-19-2016, 01:13 PM
The pats 3rd down defense and redzone suck as I recall. Maybe someone into stats can confirm that.

Pats D is 27th on 3rd down & 29th in the redzone.

tube517
10-19-2016, 01:37 PM
I'm sure as hell glad I didn't have to share a foxhole with some of you! :chuckle:

:lol:

steelreserve
10-19-2016, 05:42 PM
it's a good thing we used our 4th round draft choice this past draft on Jerald Hawkins and not on Dak Prescott :stirthepot:

Well, 9 out of 10 times, that pick turns into Landry Jones instead, so ...

Rotorhead
10-19-2016, 05:57 PM
New report are saying 2-6 weeks, Ben will be back for the Ravens game.

cubanstogie
10-19-2016, 06:41 PM
Dude you had me cracking up, no shit! While I am certainly not confident this week I am hardly counting Steelers out of any other game even with shitty Landry. Bell can carry this offense while Ben is out. Ravens are not that good we have 3

- - - Updated - - -

Game lead on Cincy due to beating them. While it sucks Ben is out, it's just a hurdle. Now if he were out for the year I would say we are done.

smokin3000gt
10-19-2016, 10:31 PM
Steelers president and co-owner Art Rooney II told Ian Rapoport (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000724064/article/rooney-big-bens-recovery-likely-two-to-six-weeks) on Wednesday that Ben Roethlisberger’s rehab could cost him anywhere between two to six weeks.
“I think that two to three is what you can characterize as best-case, but that’s what we’re hoping for,” Rooney said. “Two to six is probably a fair range that somebody can put on it.”

SteelMayhem72
10-19-2016, 11:05 PM
translation more likely 4-6

Steelermania
10-20-2016, 06:17 AM
The division is bad this year. Cincy is effectively 3 games behind us. The schedule that looked so easy for us, Balt, and Cincy, has now turned into a bear. It will be difficult for those teams to make up much ground while Ben is out. As long as we can win a couple of games while Ben is out, we'll still be in position to win the division when he gets back. Got to take at least one of the next three.

Mojouw
10-20-2016, 10:54 AM
Based on recent Tomlin injury disclosures, they likely amputated at the knee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86WARD
10-20-2016, 11:18 AM
Lol

SteelMayhem72
10-20-2016, 07:07 PM
Based on recent Tomlin injury disclosures, they likely amputated at the knee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amen to that...tomlin doesnt understand dr. lingo just his own bs he spews