PDA

View Full Version : Week 7: New England Patriots.

Edman
10-16-2016, 03:22 PM
This loss to the Dolphins hurts, and will likely hurt more. Here come the Patriots and eternal Steeler nemesis Tom Brady. Haven't been able to stop him or even contain him, as he's had his way with the Steelers.

Also, Belichick has had Ben's number.

Shitty Tannehill had all kinds of success dinking and dunking Lebe-er I mean, Butler's defense today. You can be sure Brady is licking his chops.

Not looking good for the Steelers, that's for sure. I hope they win, but I doubt it.

Devilsdancefloor
10-16-2016, 03:46 PM
attack brady dont let him sit back the last time we beat those SOB we punched them in the face no 10 yard cushion for WR. our biggest problem is matching up with Gronk so hopefully we get it going next week!

86WARD
10-16-2016, 04:08 PM
42-20 Patriots. Brady, Hogan and White get stars of the game.

pczach
10-16-2016, 04:13 PM
I just hope we start getting all the bodies healthy. The team is decimated right now.

SteelMayhem72
10-16-2016, 04:33 PM
Ben is having an MRI done...something tells me its more serious and he doesnt play

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

st33lersguy
10-16-2016, 04:45 PM
Pats 45-24. Brady and Gronk will have a field day on this team

Craic
10-16-2016, 04:59 PM
If we're not close to or at full strength next week, we're not going to win. If Ben's not playing, we're definitely not going to win.

However, remember that last year, we lost because of an idiot fieldgoal kicker, not because of bad play otherwise, and that's with a horrendous defense.

fansince'76
10-16-2016, 05:02 PM
8 million to zip, Pats.
http://blog.tmcnet.com/voice-of-ip/images/Dads%20Army%20Frazier%20-%20doomed.png

Steelerschik
10-16-2016, 06:19 PM
8 million to zip, Pats.
http://blog.tmcnet.com/voice-of-ip/images/Dads%20Army%20Frazier%20-%20doomed.png

Hahaha! Wave hi to the Pats fans who are quoting this and other quotes from here on their board (don't know which one, whichever one my son showed me) :wave:. I sure as hell don't go on their stupid boards, but man I do hope the cheats are overlooking the Steelers the way their fans are. LOL I think they think this post is serious too (the doomed part that is). Don't give 2 shits about the cheats, never have, never will and whatever happens happens. It's all about how the season ends and last I checked week 7 isn't the end.

hawaiiansteeler
10-16-2016, 11:43 PM
Pats 45-24.

remember, Landry Jones is going to be our starting QB.

you really think we're going to score 3 defensive or special teams TDs?

zulater
10-17-2016, 04:47 AM
Do what we should have done against the Dolphins and build your game plan around LeVeon Bell's running and use it to set up your play action passing game. Do this and you might find yourself in this game until the end.

This injury to Ben might be good in the long run. We've gotten a bit too pass happy, which is understandable. But when you have a great back and you're only giving him 10 carries in what was essentially a one score game for the majority of the contest then you've got to readdress your strategy. Particularly on the road where Ben has struggled for the past 3 seasons.

salamander
10-17-2016, 05:37 AM
Ben's out so this game will be over by halftime. Pats win easily, I'd say 48-13.

st33lersguy
10-17-2016, 05:54 AM
remember, Landry Jones is going to be our starting QB.

you really think we're going to score 3 defensive or special teams TDs?

Didn't take that into account 45-3

plenewken
10-17-2016, 06:15 AM
Go Penguins!

zulater
10-17-2016, 06:32 AM
This game wont be a blowout. We could even win, we're a different team at home. And yes I know Ben's out. But LeVeon Bell can keep Brady on the sideline.

86WARD
10-17-2016, 07:07 AM
But the Steelers Defense will be on the field and they can't stop Brady.

steel striker
10-17-2016, 07:55 AM
It's not going to be pretty 45-17 Brady just about always rips the steelers apart.

Moose
10-17-2016, 08:46 AM
attack brady dont let him sit back the last time we beat those SOB we punched them in the face no 10 yard cushion for WR. our biggest problem is matching up with Gronk so hopefully we get it going next week!

Exactly ! Pass rush Brady and flush him out of pocket and you have a completely different Brady. He's not a throw on the run QB. Guard the hell out of Gronk from all sides and you cut the hell out of N.E.. Have Landry hand the ball off (as we should have done with Miami) all day long, (keeps Brady off field) and run it up and down their throat and we may have a chance. It's gonna be tough without Ben, but it would have been tough with Ben also. Is there many of you out there that thought we would have won N.E. game if Ben didn't get hurt ? I thought we had about a 50% shot with Ben in there, mainly because we are playing at home. But the secondary scares me more with Brady dink/donking all game and our D not being able to stop them. Damn Miami game hurt us BAD and we haven't seen the total outcome of that loss......in my opinion.

st33lersguy
10-17-2016, 08:55 AM
Would like them to at least try out mettenberger because Landry jones can't play. The offense seems to die when he is on the field

teegre
10-17-2016, 09:12 AM
Bell sets the record for total yards from scrimmage in a game: 340

Steeldude
10-17-2016, 09:34 AM
Where are all the fans who said it's just a game, time to forget it and move on?

Every game counts in the NFL. Now the Eagles' stings even more.

Edman
10-17-2016, 11:11 AM
Landry Jones vs Tom Brady. Lol.

It was hard enough with Ben, now it appears we'll be without him.

40-17 Patriots. At best.

Mojouw
10-17-2016, 11:20 AM
Against the Pats, the Steelers roll out some adjustments which have a big impact. Gilbert is deployed as a dedicated follow Gronk around and frustrate him weapon. It works, to a degree. Gronk gets his, but not the killer multi score game he is prone to. Butler gets innovative and sends out "the best LBs I have" package a few times - Timmons/Williams/Shazier/Harrison and that gives the NE run game some frustration. A couple of other wrinkles - mostly centered around Big Dan playing NT and Hargrave covering snaps at DE and the NE offense is a bit herk-jerky and manages only a handful of big plays and scores.

On Offense, well look out. Landry "moves" the team - mostly backwards for a half. In a one score game, the Steelers switch horses to Mettenberger. Then a national TV audience gets reminded why Mettenberger was on the waiver wire in the first place.

28-10 Pats

86WARD
10-17-2016, 11:28 AM
Keep seeing "pressure Brady". This team can't pressure with efficiency...hasn't for a couple seasons now...where will this pass rush that is being suggested come from?!?

Edman
10-17-2016, 11:33 AM
The single determining factor in these games is the Quarterback.

It doesn't make a difference what the Steelers will do on Offense or Defense. Landry Jones sucks. The Defense can have the game of its life, and it wouldn't matter because we don't have the quarterback to get the job done. Landry Jones cannot mount a drive, let alone score points. He's horrible.

The Steelers will lose, it's just a matter of how bad they will lose.

Mojouw
10-17-2016, 11:35 AM
Keep seeing "pressure Brady". This team can't pressure with efficiency...hasn't for a couple seasons now...where will this pass rush that is being suggested come from?!?

Better coaching...:behindsofa:

Actually, no idea. Snipers on the upper tier?

Rotorhead
10-17-2016, 12:00 PM
Well, at least we have the bye the week after. Hopefully we can get some people back healthy for the stretch run. 4-3 after the bye and we will still be good for the division title. I am pretty sure we won't get a first round bye, but maybe a home WC game at least. At this point it would be nice to see our healthy list larger than our injured list (starter-wise). I am not even entertaining the idea that we will win this game. If we are mostly healthy and had Ben, it would be a good game, but we don't and aren't. The Miami game hurts, as 5-2 would be a huge advantage going into the bye instead of 4-3.

86WARD
10-17-2016, 12:42 PM

Actually...it's funny you say that...Belichick coached his team to a win with that third string abomination they have at QB...

There's that B-word again! Make room behind the sofa!!

Steelerschik
10-17-2016, 12:49 PM

Haha! No seriously. I don't have this game as a loss just yet. I don't know why, can't explain it, just feel it.

But if someone could answer this, I would be forever grateful...what's the Pats D like? Can they be run on? I don't watch them...ever. If they're on prime time I turn off the TV. I can't watch a team I can't stand, but kinda stuck doing that this Sunday, just wondering if they have a chance beating them with the run game.

Shoes
10-17-2016, 12:55 PM
This game wont be a blowout. We could even win, we're a different team at home. And yes I know Ben's out. But LeVeon Bell can keep Brady on the sideline.

Agreed Zu, I think the Steelers can win this game.

j-d-s
10-17-2016, 01:04 PM
With Landry: 10-41. At halftime 28-zip for them. They bench Brady mid-third quarter.

With Mettenberger: 24-31. We got a fighting chance at home but come up short.

Moose
10-17-2016, 01:06 PM

With Landry ? I must be missing something. I sure do hope you guy's are right though. Oh yea, the trick word is 'can'.....not 'will'....gotcha.

Mojouw
10-17-2016, 01:45 PM
Landry Jones is not good. Like at all. But as much as I think Mettenberger has better physical tools, he isn't all that spectacular either - http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MettZa00/gamelog/

He doesn't win, like ever. He throws 1-2 INTs per game but he does complete a decent % of his passes. So who knows? Mettenberger is the ultimate test of can good weapons improve a mediocre Qb or does a poor Qb drag down good weapons? To be fair to Mettenberger he had terrible skill position help in Tennessee.

DesertSteel
10-17-2016, 02:09 PM
Steelers in an upset... 23-19

Brady goes down with a broken collar bone in the 2nd Q.

Tripping on a OL (b/c we surely can't get to him).

Shoes
10-17-2016, 02:19 PM
With Landry ? I must be missing something. I sure do hope you guy's are right though. Oh yea, the trick word is 'can'.....not 'will'....gotcha.

If Tomlin & Haley play it like Zu said in using Bell & Williams I think it's very possible. Jones has a good arm, if he can settle down and not shit in his britches he'll be ok

Born2Steel
10-17-2016, 02:44 PM
With Shazier and Heyward out, I expected the Dolphins to run on us more than usual. But damn, I did not expect that. The Pats will roll if we cannot get their run game stopped. Our secondary has been playing well but Gronk will get his against anyone so that is expected. I agree the game plan has to be to harass Brady and get in his head a bit. If we can get a couple turnovers we stand a legit chance. Get a couple takeaways, run the ball, control the clock, and stop their run game, we can win this one. Go Steelers!!!

Rara
10-17-2016, 03:41 PM
We don't need any more stars being injured. Let's get out of this loss with minor lashes. With the way Brady came out the gates just blazing last week...shit. Just...not so well for the Steelers.

Don't get me wrong, I hope the Steelers win and all..but players need to REALLY step it up and be more vocal. Peezy needs to get on them linebackers asses and start a fire or something. Hell, even suit Peezy up.

steelerdude15
10-17-2016, 05:49 PM
I can't see the Steelers winning this one. Even if Ben was healthy, I still don't think the Steelers would win.

Brady and company should be able to pick apart the defense. He'll be able to find gaps in the zone defense we run and get his receivers the ball. Even if the throws are only 8 to 9 yards, they'll be able to march down the field. It also doesn't help that our pass rush has been very inconsistent this year with our best pass rusher sitting out because of injury.

I'm sure the Patriots will also be able to find mismatches with Gronk. Hopefully the Steelers can do their homework, find out who would be the best person to cover Gronk or have him double covered. Of course, that could open up the field for other receivers to make plays.

Offensively, I'm sure the Patriots know that Landry can't do much and that we may have to run the ball majority of the game which could lead to them stacking the box to stop the run. Luckily, Le'Veon is very patient and waits for the offensive line to open up holes for him. The offensive line is going to have to play lights out in run blocking to allow Le'Veon to get the big chunks of yards we know he can get. Maybe the Steelers will look at what they did last year against the Patriots in the season opener and get an idea or two on how to be successful running the ball.

Terrapinstation
10-17-2016, 06:47 PM
Maybe NE will be up 38-0 late in the 4th. Bell will blow his knee out, and Tomlin will keep him in the game cause he 'doesn't live in his fears'.

teegre
10-17-2016, 06:53 PM
Maybe NE will be up 38-0 late in the 4th. Bell will blow his knee out, and Tomlin will keep him in the game cause he 'doesn't live in his fears'.

:jerkit:

vasteeler
10-17-2016, 07:27 PM
:jerkit:

this

j-d-s
10-17-2016, 08:34 PM
Landry Jones is not good. Like at all. But as much as I think Mettenberger has better physical tools, he isn't all that spectacular either - http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MettZa00/gamelog/

He doesn't win, like ever. He throws 1-2 INTs per game but he does complete a decent % of his passes. So who knows? Mettenberger is the ultimate test of can good weapons improve a mediocre Qb or does a poor Qb drag down good weapons? To be fair to Mettenberger he had terrible skill position help in Tennessee.

Well, Mettenberger can't possibly be worse than Landry. So we got nothing to lose. And what I like is that Mettenberger has the arm strength to air it out. Sure, nobody's gonna confuse him for Big Ben. But I would not trust Landry with any deep throw.

cubanstogie
10-17-2016, 08:57 PM
Well, Mettenberger can't possibly be worse than Landry. So we got nothing to lose. And what I like is that Mettenberger has the arm strength to air it out. Sure, nobody's gonna confuse him for Big Ben. But I would not trust Landry with any deep throw.
I would love to see Mettenberger, I know with Landry it's a loss and would like to see Mettenberger with some weapons. I'm still planning on 4-3 with bye week at a great time. Bottom liine is at worst Steelers tied for first with Ravens in division, and have yet to play them. The two games with Baltimore will be the most important games the rest of season. Three game lead over Cincy since we beat them. Even though loss to Dolphins and Bens injury a setback its not a season over type thing at all. Buffalo also big game, due to them possibly in wild card race. Back to the main point, Landry is flat out terrible, time to cut ties since he is not Bens replacement. Miami did dominate in the trenches so Steelers deserved to lose but play calling that game was horrendous. Third and one after Bell running well and they throw with Landry in. Total brain fart.

hawaiiansteeler
10-17-2016, 11:13 PM
Patriots Listed As 7.5-Point Road Favorites Over Steelers With Roethlisberger Out

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/10/patriots-listed-7-5-point-road-favorites-steelers-roethlisberger/

fansince'76
10-18-2016, 03:42 AM

Or perhaps the Steelers "shock the world" and somehow win this game and you crawl back into the woodwork and STFU.

Hey, a guy can dream...

tube517
10-18-2016, 05:04 AM
Or perhaps the Steelers "shock the world" and somehow win this game and you crawl back into the woodwork and STFU.

Hey, a guy can dream...

:lol:

pczach
10-18-2016, 05:48 AM

Hey, a guy can dream...

:sofunny:

I love how the guy with 31 posts states that he has been saying this for years. :jerkit:

He comes out of his mother's basement, makes 12 posts, and then disappears until the team hits a low point.......

If he truly is a fan, the team doesn't need him. If this is how he acts when the team is contending for a super bowl, what is he like when the team is rebuilding?

Never mind.......I'd rather not know. :der:

Moose
10-18-2016, 07:42 AM
Hey, let's all think of the phrase, ' on any given Sunday'. Maybe, just maybe it work's for us this Sunday. Have faith......and hope. Damn sure would make a interesting Sunday and Monday morning wouldn't it ?

fansince'76
10-18-2016, 08:44 AM
:sofunny:

I love how the guy with 31 posts states that he has been saying this for years. :jerkit:

He comes out of his mother's basement, makes 12 posts, and then disappears until the team hits a low point.......

If he truly is a fan, the team doesn't need him. If this is how he acts when the team is contending for a super bowl, what is he like when the team is rebuilding?

Never mind.......I'd rather not know. :der:

This is my issue. I follow the Steelers as a pleasant diversion from real life, which tends to suck enough on its own without being miserable about a football team. If watching the Steelers makes you that unhappy, what's the point?

tube517
10-18-2016, 12:55 PM
This is my issue. I follow the Steelers as a pleasant diversion from real life, which tends to suck enough on its own without being miserable about a football team. If watching the Steelers makes you that unhappy, what's the point?

I'd rather play poker or kick a hippo than watch Pope Momlin be friends w/the players. :sarcasm: :chuckle:

SteelMayhem72
10-18-2016, 02:44 PM
Hey, let's all think of the phrase, ' on any given Sunday'. Maybe, just maybe it work's for us this Sunday. Have faith......and hope. Damn sure would make a interesting Sunday and Monday morning wouldn't it ?
Hell I will defintely come back in here with my pessimistic ass and admit i was wrong. The 7.5 road favorites for the pats should be a attitude adjustment our team needs to be pissed off...leave it all out on the field and go into the bye week on a high note. I would love this outcome but hard to do against a team like the pats...any other team i would say we would have a shot

GBMelBlount
10-18-2016, 07:00 PM

Mettenbergers QBR and TD / interception percentage is really no better than Jones and Jones knows this team better...and does Jones even have a bad W-L record?

If the offense plays solid and the play calling is good I think Jones will do OK.

Still it probably won't matter who our backup is against the Patriots.

86WARD
10-18-2016, 07:01 PM
Brady owns the Steelers. 8 and 2 record. 24 TDs and 3 INTs. QB Rating of 113. Owns them. The chances that Pittsburgh comes out of this game with a win are bad with Ben in there...with Jones...astronomically bad.

The Patriots will obviously focus on stopping the run...haven't allowed 100 yard rusher in s very long time. If the Steelers are to win, Belichick is going to make Jones beat him and again...astronomically bad chance.

Renegade
10-18-2016, 08:00 PM
Steelers 20-Patriots 7. Steelers defense really goes after a flustered brady who is usually good for one flop game a year. Landry Jones finally does something good on the field.

Shoes
10-18-2016, 08:19 PM
Osweiler beat Brady in Denver, Jones can beat Brady in Pittsburgh. Since everyone thinks it's already a win for the cheats, it takes all the pressure off the Steelers and gives them some nice bulletin board substance.

DesertSteel
10-18-2016, 11:18 PM
Osweiler beat Brady in Denver, Jones can beat Brady in Pittsburgh. Since everyone thinks it's already a win for the cheats, it takes all the pressure off the Steelers and gives them some nice bulletin board substance.
I'm feeling something too.......... If LJ can get some confidence going we have a shot.

NCSteeler
10-19-2016, 01:02 AM

Osweiller's defense was just a hair better than our current unit

j-d-s
10-19-2016, 01:59 AM
Mettenbergers QBR and TD / interception percentage is really no better than Jones and Jones knows this team better...and does Jones even have a bad W-L record?

If the offense plays solid and the play calling is good I think Jones will do OK.

Still it probably won't matter who our backup is against the Patriots.

Come on. You've seen Landry. That guy doesn't even belong on any NFL roster other than the Browns (their only requirement for QBs is that they can stand upright).

Mettenberger on the other hand has undeniably more upside and his stats don't really mean that much because he had a really bad supporting cast in Tennessee.

Shoes
10-19-2016, 08:23 AM
Osweiller's defense was just a hair better than our current unit

Okay, I'll try again. How about the Browns, Colt McCoy pounding Brady 34-14 in 2010? I like our chances until Ben gets back.

Edman
10-19-2016, 01:47 PM

Osweiler also had a significantly better and playmaking Defense than ours, and Osweiler is a better Quarterback than Landry Jones.

86WARD
10-19-2016, 02:29 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if They win this game and then come out and lose to the Ravens beat the Cowboys then lose to the Browns and Colts.

Actually...put that down as a prediction...lol

Steeldude
10-19-2016, 04:52 PM
Brady will carve up the Steelers' overly passive defense.

Moose
10-19-2016, 05:09 PM
Landry comes out and light's up the field in a big shoot out, beats Brady and the cheats and shocks the NFL, comes Monday morning and appears on all ESPN talking head shows. Then comes the ratbirds and again it's the Landry show and rips the birds in an one sided victory. Again Landry and Steeler's are ESPN team to beat. The new's flash headlines are beginning to appear as the Cowboy's with a QB controversy! LOL Sorry, I just couldn't resist the humor...was tired of reading all the negativity with Ben's injury and the damn political debate crap. God, I wish all this stuff was over. LOL

Shoes
10-19-2016, 07:05 PM

I cant believe Butler will be passive after his first meeting against the pats as DC.

hawaiiansteeler
10-19-2016, 07:21 PM

we're only going to rush one guy this game and drop 10 men into coverage, double-teaming every one of their eligible receivers.

Brady won't know what to do...:wink02:

teegre
10-19-2016, 08:49 PM
we're only going to rush one guy this game and drop 10 men into coverage, double-teaming every one of their eligible receivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBh895KdXAU&app=desktop

- - - Updated - - -

Count me in.

tube517
10-19-2016, 10:24 PM

Damn straight.

Also put 10 o-linemen and direct snap to He Shall be Le'Veon all game. DeAngelo can come in on some plays to give Bell a breather.

hawaiiansteeler
10-20-2016, 12:07 AM
Damn straight.

Also put 10 o-linemen and direct snap to He Shall be Le'Veon all game. DeAngelo can come in on some plays to give Bell a breather.

see, this is where you and I differ.

I would only put 9 OL out there and keep AB out on the field at all times to provide a passing outlet for Le'Veon in case the Pats**** try to stack the line of scrimmage and take the run away...:poker:

Edman
10-20-2016, 04:54 PM
If the Steelers under any circumstance try to play "hide the quarterback" with Landry Jones, they will lose badly and the game will be over by halftime. The Defense is nowhere near good enough and Belichick will key on stopping Brown and Deangelo/Bell, and force Landry to make plays. Jones has to do something, of course, that's really stretching it.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that is what the Pats are going to do.

If they try to win this game, they'll have a very slim chance. Minimal chance, but they'll have a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

I cant believe Butler will be passive after his first meeting against the pats as DC.

Butler faced two shitty quarterbacks the last two weeks and didn't even pressure them once. Ryan Fitzpatrick is an interception machine, and he didn't get picked a single time.

Brady is going to devour him. It's the bullshit Lebeau scheme that is once again showing its obsolescence.

Born2Steel
10-20-2016, 06:00 PM
Why not play to OUR STRENGTHS, whatever the Pats are going to do? Rely on Landry Jones? Are you serious? If they stack the box, run them the hell over.

Edman
10-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Why not play to OUR STRENGTHS, whatever the Pats are going to do? Rely on Landry Jones? Are you serious? If they stack the box, run them the hell over.

So you're saying the Steelers should be deliberately one-dimensional on Offense and hope the Patriots make a mistake or the Defense gets lucky because we're frightened of Laundry? May as well not even waste your time watching the game, because it will be a laugher after the first quarter.

Playing scared is why our Defense has considerably declined. Waiting on opponents to fuck up is outdated.

Don't be surprised when the score is 30-3 or something at halftime if they do that.

You can't hide the Quarterback. I said Laundry will have to do something, not necessarily the Steelers should rely on the dude, we should play to our strengths, but he has to do something. Sooner or Later, the Patriots are going to pick on the dude.

Born2Steel
10-20-2016, 06:33 PM
If there is anything Belichick is really good at over the years, is attacking weaknesses and taking away the opposing teams' strength and forcing them to rely on something else.

What Strengths do the Steelers have right now? Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown. They will double Brown, stack against Bell, and force Jones to beat them. No other way around it.

The Patriots have consistently taken away the Steelers' strength over the years.

What was our big strength against them in the past? Ben and the Defense, namely Troy. The Pats D consistently corral Ben, and Brady carves up the Defense by dinking them to death and staying away from Troy. Result? 8-2 record against Tommy Boy since 2001.

So? You saying we can't beat them with that? Bell can't run against the Pats? Brown can't get open?

We have everything we need to win this game. It won't be easy, not because we are doomed without Ben, but because the Pats are a good football team. But, this game is very winnable. We are a good football team also.

SteelMayhem72
10-21-2016, 08:56 AM
So? You saying we can't beat them with that? Bell can't run against the Pats? Brown can't get open?

We have everything we need to win this game. It won't be easy, not because we are doomed without Ben, but because the Pats are a good football team. But, this game is very winnable. We are a good football team also.
"Good Football Team" is very debatable

Born2Steel
10-21-2016, 10:23 AM
So you're saying the Steelers should be deliberately one-dimensional on Offense and hope the Patriots make a mistake or the Defense gets lucky because we're frightened of Laundry? May as well not even waste your time watching the game, because it will be a laugher after the first quarter.

Playing scared is why our Defense has considerably declined. Waiting on opponents to fuck up is outdated.

Don't be surprised when the score is 30-3 or something at halftime if they do that.

You can't hide the Quarterback. I said Laundry will have to do something, not necessarily the Steelers should rely on the dude, we should play to our strengths, but he has to do something. Sooner or Later, the Patriots are going to pick on the dude.

You are assuming I meant things I never said.

teegre
10-21-2016, 11:52 AM
"Good Football Team" is very debatable

The Steelers are currently the #2 seed.

But, yeah, they're not the #1 seed... :rolleyes:

SteelMayhem72
10-21-2016, 06:00 PM
The Steelers are currently the #2 seed.

But, yeah, they're not the #1 seed... :rolleyes:
Key word "currently"...give us another 4 weeks and we should know exactly what this team is about. The heart of the schedule is coming up.

WCSteeler
10-23-2016, 04:07 PM
Waste of a challenge, what is Tomlin thinking? This team is in need of some discipline as well

WCSteeler
10-23-2016, 05:33 PM
I really don't understand how Sean Davis is a 2nd round pick but not good enough to play in a situation they drafted him for? Is he injured?

zulater
10-23-2016, 07:04 PM
Waste of a challenge, what is Tomlin thinking? This team is in need of some discipline as well

Might have been the worst challenge I've ever seen since the inception of the challenge system. I'm watching him twitching the flag saying "No Mike no!!!! Ahhh! You're throwing the flag! Shit!!!! That challenge had a 0.0 chance of working because the call on the field was so obviously correct! :frusty:

The timeout that challenge burned removed the middle of the field for play options on the couple plays on the last drive of the half. So yes it did matter.

WCSteeler
10-23-2016, 07:08 PM
Might have been the worst challenge I've ever seen since the inception of the challenge system. I'm watching him twitching the flag saying "No Mike no!!!! Ahhh! You're throwing the flag! Shit!!!! That challenge had a 0.0 chance of working because the call on the field was so obviously correct! :frusty:

The timeout that challenge burned removed the middle of the field for play options on the couple plays on the last drive of the half. So yes it did matter.

Agreed, the team had an uphill climb all day and it sure didn't help

zulater
10-23-2016, 07:15 PM
A couple things I noticed. On the TD pass to Gronk that gave the Pats an 11 point lead, anyone else notice James Harrison got thrown down to the ground by his neck on the play? Looked very similar to the hold that was called on Hubbard that took a TD off the board for us. Just saying.

Also I love Ben. But what makes Brady better than Ben is that when the Steelers defense seemed to have stolen the momentum away from the Patriots offense Brady had no trouble handing the ball to Blount and taking advantage of what the Steelers were giving him. Once Blount took back the momentum Brady started to mix in the pass again and then it was game over.

Had Ben or Haley figured this same sort of thing out the week before in Miami we're sitting here today at 5-2 right now and not so bothered by today's loss. Will they possibly learn? We can only hope.

SteelerFanInStl
10-23-2016, 07:19 PM
A couple things I noticed. On the TD pass to Gronk that gave the Pats an 11 point lead, anyone else notice James Harrison got thrown down to the ground by his neck on the play? Looked very similar to the hold that was called on Hubbard that took a TD off the board for us. Just saying.

I said the same thing in the game day thread and in another thread. Solder did the EXACT same thing to James that Hubbard got flagged for but the idiot officials didn't throw a flag on him.

Solder also got away with another blatant hold on the first NE TD. He had James in a bear hug on that one.