PDA

View Full Version : Week 6: @Miami Dolphins

Psycho Ward 86
10-10-2016, 01:08 AM
Yes, I realize the football week isn't technically over. But who cares about the panthers and bucs? lets move on.

Geez, the dolphins are almost dead last in scoring offense (28th), total offense (29th), and rushing offense (31st). Defense has been horrendous too...28th in total defense, and dead last in run defense. All pretty remarkable considering they have quite a few opponents who suck (the browns and titans) and another that seems underpar so far (the bengals).

Looks like Bell is primed for a huge game. Over under 200 scrimmage yards anyone? Ill take any kind of win, but I hope Ben keeps his foot on the gas and continues to build his case for MVP. He's leading the league in TD passes with 3 more than the next QB!

polamalubeast
10-10-2016, 07:13 AM
Same team that almost beat the seahawks on the road in Week 1, but since that game the dolphins are awful.

They were very lucky to beat the Browns in week 3 ....

SteelerFanInStl
10-10-2016, 07:31 AM
I'm expecting a let down. Miami is terrible and people will be looking ahead to the Pats game.

We'll still win but I'll be surprised if it's a blowout. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Edman
10-10-2016, 08:27 AM
Bad Team on the Road.

Not looking good for the Steelers.

Rotorhead
10-10-2016, 10:43 AM
I hope we use this game to hone our play leading up to the Pats. Could be a trap game, but I am hoping we can get some people healthy honestly. If Heyward is ok, sit him for this game and get Hargrave some experience snaps. I am fine to rest Shazier also (going to need him 100% for the Pats). Hopefully some of our OL can get healed up also. Need our DB's to have a good solid game here to build up the their confidence. Need our Offense to continue clicking and improve their game as they are going to have to score 30+ to have a chance against the Pats.

tube517
10-10-2016, 11:03 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/r35VO5DnOV8ty/200_s.gif

salamander
10-10-2016, 01:18 PM
If the Jets game wasn't a trap game, then this week is DEFINITELY a trap game, especially with a huge game next week looming.

teegre
10-10-2016, 02:16 PM
I could see Butler playing vanilla defense, saving all of his "creative" blitzes for the following game.

Ergo, it'll be a quasi-shootout:

Steelers 34
Dolphins 26

polamalubeast
10-10-2016, 02:18 PM
Maybe I am crazy but I think the steelers will win 38-10!

tube517
10-10-2016, 02:50 PM
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miami-dolphins-need-to-drop-ryan-tannehill-now-8834969

Now, I know we are going to lose :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
10-10-2016, 02:50 PM
38-27 Steelers

86WARD
10-10-2016, 03:55 PM
Bad Team on the Road.

Not looking good for the Steelers.

Lol. The thought has crossed my mind...

st33lersguy
10-10-2016, 05:23 PM
Steelers tend to lose to bad teams more after big wins against solid teams than the week before big games. I fear it will be close but I still think they can win it 24-17. This game is very important though given that they always play poorly the week after a bad loss.

Iron Steeler
10-10-2016, 06:08 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/r35VO5DnOV8ty/200_s.gif

Definition of a trap game. We are all peaking ahead at the patriots. Hopefully tomlin keeps them focused. I would show the footsge from the phili game at the start of every practice.

ALLD
10-10-2016, 07:30 PM
We could beat the Fins with Landry Jones. I think we run up the score and empty the bench by the 3rd quarter.

Hawkman
10-10-2016, 09:53 PM
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miami-dolphins-need-to-drop-ryan-tannehill-now-8834969

Now, I know we are going to lose :chuckle:

Damn!!! And I thought our fans were tough. :rofl2:

Moose
10-11-2016, 07:55 AM
I HATE so called 'easy games' ! Are the most of you all new Steeler fans ? Don't you all remember how Tomlin get's the team ready for bottom feeder's ? How many times have we played bottom feeders either away or at home and had our asses handed to us ? And then the next day bitch and moan about how the team looked unprepared, lazy, not knowing the plays, dropping easy passes, not tackling, bad throws, playing DOWN to opponent, and letting opponent 'hang' around all game, etc.,etc.. You know damn well Belicheat would have his team come out smoking hot for 60 minutes with all his starters and score as many points as possible. In my opinion this is exactly how we should play. Hey, Miami isn't good right now, BUT they are a NFL professional football team and no one knows how they are going to come out of the locker room and play for 60 minutes ! A team can change on any given game day. As I say, when you only play 16 games, every game counts and a loss WILL come back to haunt you. I hope Tomlin has the team prepared for this game just as if they were playing the Pat's. I hope everyone on our side is healthy and ready to do their job 100% for 60 min.. I don't think this game is a 'gimme' and sure in the hell hope the Steeler's don't either. I hope we dominate them and it's a easy win and we can rest some players. IF they are looking past this game it could very well end up like another Eagle's game........ugh !

fansince'76
10-11-2016, 09:32 AM
So fucking tired of hearing Belichick's name invoked...

Dissolv
10-11-2016, 09:38 AM
I don't know guys, I am feeling pretty good about the eventual win. I say eventual because I expect the offense to start a bit slow, then take over somewhere 2nd/3rd quarter. With a comfortable lead, I trust our defense, even in vanilla, to do enough to prevent a team like Miami from coming back. I expect something like 30-21, although who the heck knows with scores these days.

But it all comes down to the offense consistently moving the ball, putting up points, and our special teams continuing to flip the field and prevent any type of return. Those two things are *really* protecting the defense, which it needs. The Pats* will be a different story, as they are capable of moving the ball down the long field and putting up big numbers to match the Steelers Offense. I am not sure Miami is even capable of that on a good day.

Dissolv

ConvenientTruth
10-11-2016, 10:16 AM
Miami is terrible, I mean they may only win a single game all season. Nothing in the last couple of weeks should worry anyone. The offensive line is in shambles right now...Tannehill is seeing pressure on 40+ percents of his drop backs and when he is pressured he plays like crap. Yes, the game before a showdown with the Pats is worrisome from a intensity level standpoint, but I still think we murder them...The Dolphins are just that bad.

steelreserve
10-11-2016, 12:42 PM
I could see Butler playing vanilla defense, saving all of his "creative" blitzes for the following game.

Usually we save our vanilla defense for the Patriots so they can jump out to a 20-point lead, and we play aggressive defense for the other 15 games.

Then again, LeBeau isn't in charge anymore, so maybe we'll see the reverse of that. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Craic
10-11-2016, 01:38 PM
Usually we save our vanilla defense for the Patriots so they can jump out to a 20-point lead, and we play aggressive defense for the other 15 games.

Then again, LeBeau isn't in charge anymore, so maybe we'll see the reverse of that. Keeping my fingers crossed.

:chuckle:

My worry is that we know the way to beat them—line in man coverage and blitz. That is why I wanted to see the beginnings of man coverage the last three games. I was okay with a pure zone to start so the rookies and first years on this team could get used to the game and to each other, but if we don't give them some work on man coverage this game and then come out in man the next game, we're going to get lit up like never before.

Craic
10-11-2016, 01:47 PM
-

Just noticed this: http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/image.php?u=50&dateline=1466441355

Love it (although I'm sure it's been there for a quite a while).

polamalubeast
10-11-2016, 03:14 PM
If our defense plays like in the first half against the jets, it could be tough this game.I hate when our offense have only 3-4 drives in the first half because our defense stays too long on the field.This same shit had happened against the Eagles.

But if our defense plays like in 2nd half against the jets, this game has a good chance to be a blowout.

Psycho Ward 86
10-11-2016, 03:54 PM
the dolphins just released their starting left tackle and left guard. and another OL after last weeks comedy of errors. Laremy Tunsil also slipped in the shower and was unable to play.

Are the dolphins trying their best to do a Browns impression? :lol:

tube517
10-11-2016, 04:02 PM
the dolphins just released their starting left tackle and left guard. and another OL after last weeks comedy of errors. Laremy Tunsil also slipped in the shower and was unable to play.

Are the dolphins trying their best to do a Browns impression? :lol:

They have been for a while. Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells couldn't do anything. Nick Saban ran away. Tony Soprano and Regis Philbin blew snot chunks.

Their celebrity owners need to take their talents away from South Beach.

ALLD
10-11-2016, 04:35 PM
The Dolphins are so bad they took the game off tv in the 4th quarter in Tampa.

vasteeler
10-11-2016, 04:46 PM
no way this game is even close ( yeah. i know i said the same thing about philly) 38 - 10 steelers

pczach
10-11-2016, 04:52 PM
So fucking tired of hearing Belichick's name invoked...

http://images.radiotimes.com/namedimage/Does_this_fan_theory_explain_why_wizards_are_so_sc ared_to_say_Lord_Voldemort_s_name_.jpg?quality=85&mode=crop&width=620&height=374&404=tv&url=/uploads/images/original/111617.jpg

stillers4me
10-11-2016, 05:19 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Hawkman
10-11-2016, 08:35 PM
:heh:

- - - Updated - - -

:heh:

86WARD
10-12-2016, 06:15 AM
We could beat the Fins with Landry Jones. I think we run up the score and empty the bench by the 3rd quarter.

and those are the games Tomlin likes to lose on occasion.

MrPgh
10-12-2016, 10:52 AM

Ergo, it'll be a quasi-shootout:

Steelers 34
Dolphins 26

For some reason, this makes me think of Pompiani on KDKA with some of his past Steeler picks....

"I pick the Steelers to win in a shootout....... 24-21!"

You're at least a lot closer to the definition of "shootout" than he is. Not sure what year that guy thinks it is.

Rara
10-12-2016, 11:42 AM
This'll probably be a trap game...but if we can come out with a win and no injuries (I've said this multiple times), I'll be happy..no matter how close the score can be. The Steelers need to stay focused at what's hand and keep the hot hand going. There should be no "easing or laying back"...go through the week strong minded as expected.

BigNastyDefense
10-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Usually I would be worried, but I truly think we whip their asses. There is little talent on this team overall. Tannehill is paid like a franchise QB, but he's not close to even a decent quarterback. The defense was supposed to be something to be feared, but they're not even average.

steelreserve
10-12-2016, 01:34 PM
For some reason, this makes me think of Pompiani on KDKA with some of his past Steeler picks....

You're at least a lot closer to the definition of "shootout" than he is. Not sure what year that guy thinks it is.

It could be 7 field goals vs. 12 safeties. That's a lot of scoring plays, anyway.

teegre
10-12-2016, 02:07 PM

Indeed.

About a decade ago, I remember Chris Berman calling the AFC North the "Blackjack" division: "The first team to score 21, wins."

tube517
10-12-2016, 03:29 PM

Rotorhead
10-12-2016, 03:52 PM
Well, looks like Rogers is going to be back. Justin Gilbert will get another game under his belt before the Pats also.

fansince'76
10-12-2016, 04:33 PM

So, both offenses are going to be on the field at the same time? Should be interesting...

polamalubeast
10-13-2016, 11:45 AM

Bluecoat96
10-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Not to be understated in this is that Nix is looking to finally get back. He's a demon on special teams.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Iron Steeler
10-14-2016, 07:43 AM
I would play them the Philadelphia game tape before everylast practice of the week

tube517
10-14-2016, 09:07 AM
Homecoming of sorts for Burns, ChickFila, Eli, and AB.

Rotorhead
10-14-2016, 10:23 AM
Looks like Coates is out but Rogers is in.

tube517
10-14-2016, 11:08 AM
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/217749/steelers-wr-shuffle-eli-rogers-in-sammie-coates-markus-wheaton-out

polamalubeast
10-14-2016, 11:50 AM

Psycho Ward 86
10-14-2016, 02:58 PM
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/217749/steelers-wr-shuffle-eli-rogers-in-sammie-coates-markus-wheaton-out

Seems like an awfully premature article. That's from Thursday and Coates at least practiced today

Psycho Ward 86
10-14-2016, 03:04 PM
Turns out the article is wrong: Sammie Coates is officially questionable, Markus Wheaton however is out though

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/10/steelers-injury-report-6-players-ruled-dolphins-game-coates-questionable/

tube517
10-14-2016, 03:06 PM
Seems like an awfully premature article. That's from Thursday and Coates at least practiced today

Good to hear. Hopfully he can play even limited snaps.

Rotorhead
10-14-2016, 05:37 PM
Well Wheaton is out then, Coates is a maybe and Rogers is in . . . So that leaves AB, DHB and Rogers for sure. I imagine Coates will play, he finished the last game after stitches so I imagine he can run a few Go routes to loosen up the def and get Rogers involved again. Can we start getting ppl healthy?

Psycho Ward 86
10-14-2016, 05:41 PM
i think Coates will play or at the very least suit up. i have a really hard time imagining the coaching staff being willing to drop yet another player from the 53 just to promote Cobi Hamilton for a week.

ALLD
10-14-2016, 08:52 PM
All we need are Bell, AB, JJ another TE and another RB to win as long as BB is running the plays. I know Miami and even if the Steelers played their worst while the Fins played their best we would still win by a FG.

If the Steelers go in full throttle to win it the game will be over by halftime. If they decide to go to the beach and take the first or second quarter off, then they will have to play well into the 4th to put it away. Word of caution, after the hurricane the weather has been absolutely a beach day everyday.

Psycho Ward 86
10-14-2016, 09:31 PM
REPORT: Coates also dealing with finger fracture

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/10/report-steelers-wr-sammie-coates-also-dealing-finger-fracture/

“What sources have told me is he not only lacerated his finger, but he also had a fracture in that finger,” Mortensen said. “It’s toward the base of that finger, so that’s a good thing, but no definitive word on whether he’ll play against the dolphins but the expectation is that he will line up and catch a few more passes from Big Ben if he can.

Coates reportedly had his left hand heavily wrapped early on in the week and was wearing a small splint on his finger on Friday, according to Mortensen.

After Friday’s practice was over, Coates was asked about his injury by the local media in the locker room and whether or not he thinks he’ll play Sunday against the Dolphins

“It’s alright, it was good,” Coates said. “We just got to see what they say and go from there.”

j-d-s
10-14-2016, 10:18 PM
You remember that play: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-almost-pull-off-miracle-5-lateral-79-yard-td-vs-dolphins/

I know that I was celebrating loudly when I thought AB scored, only to be devastated when they said he stepped out of bounds. I really thought for a moment that I just had witnessed one of the all-time miracle plays of the NFL, possibly only rivaled by the River City Relay play, where the Saints scored on multiple laterals - but their kicker missed the extra point, which would have sent the game to overtime.

hawaiiansteeler
10-14-2016, 10:33 PM
i think Coates will play or at the very least suit up. i have a really hard time imagining the coaching staff being willing to drop yet another player from the 53 just to promote Cobi Hamilton for a week.

with Golden and Justin Gilbert healthy again, I could see the Steelers dropping Shabazz from the 53 man roster and calling up Cobi Hamilton...

BlackAndGold
10-15-2016, 06:33 AM
with Golden and Justin Gilbert healthy again, I could see the Steelers dropping Shabazz from the 53 man roster and calling up Cobi Hamilton...

They really like Hamilton. And for some reason I do too, kept pulling for him during the preseason.

And sorry if anyone already posted somewhere.

But everyone's camp favorite Anthony Chickillo will be starting this game.

Moats was demoted.

polamalubeast
10-15-2016, 09:19 AM

teegre
10-15-2016, 09:42 AM

Moats was demoted.

Yes!!! :dance:

I've liked him from day one. I've averred since the 2015 draft, that by the end of the 2016 season, Dupree & Chickillo would be the starting tandem at OLB.

Now... let's hope that he flourishes.

pczach
10-15-2016, 10:10 AM
Yes!!! :dance:

I've liked him from day one. I've averred since the 2015 draft, that by the end of the 2016 season, Dupree & Chickillo would be the starting tandem at OLB.

Now... let's hope that he flourishes.

Chickillo gets pressure when he's on the field. Let him play more and his game will improve.

He just seems to make plays and flash a little bit. He is a more disruptive player, or at least he appears to be in his limited snaps. I'm all for this.

If it doesn't work out, or he doesn't develop, Moats is still behind him and ready to step in.

I'm pretty excited about the number of young players that are making the field for this team the last few years. The future looks very bright.

teegre
10-15-2016, 10:42 AM
Chickillo gets pressure when he's on the field. Let him play more and his game will improve.

He just seems to make plays and flash a little bit. He is a more disruptive player, or at least he appears to be in his limited snaps. I'm all for this.

If it doesn't work out, or he doesn't develop, Moats is still behind him and ready to step in.

I'm pretty excited about the number of young players that are making the field for this team the last few years. The future looks very bright.

Exactly. When he's in there, he's around the ball. It's only a matter of time before being "close" becomes sacks and/or splash plays.

NOTE: He was like "the" recruit when he went to Miami. The miscast him, he played poorly, and his draft stock plummeted. In other words, the Steelers got a steal.

pczach
10-15-2016, 12:34 PM
Exactly. When he's in there, he's around the ball. It's only a matter of time before being "close" becomes sacks and/or splash plays.

NOTE: He was like "the" recruit when he went to Miami. The miscast him, he played poorly, and his draft stock plummeted. In other words, the Steelers got a steal.

He was one of the draft picks I was high on when they took him. You are correct about the way he was used by Miami. He was playing in a system, and at a position and technique, that did not fit him or play to his strengths.

After coming to the Steelers, he lost weight and had to learn to play in space after playing on the DL in college. His quickness returned, and now, he is no longer an undersized DL that had to put on weight to compete against bigger men in a confined space to a more natural playing weight where he has regained his quickness while keeping his playing strength playing in space. He uses his hands very well for a young inexperienced player, and I believe he will continue to improve and become a very solid NFL player at OLB.

Psycho Ward 86
10-15-2016, 12:47 PM
They really like Hamilton. And for some reason I do too, kept pulling for him during the preseason.

And sorry if anyone already posted somewhere.

Moats was demoted.

holy shit where do you see this? if this is true im cautiously excited. i like that this coaching staff isnt quite as afraid to shake things up in recent years....aside from the antwon blake debacle

BlackAndGold
10-15-2016, 12:51 PM
holy shit where do you see this? if this is true im cautiously excited. i like that this coaching staff isnt quite as afraid to shake things up in recent years....aside from the antwon blake debacle

Mark Kaboly reported it.

teegre
10-15-2016, 03:03 PM
He was one of the draft picks I was high on when they took him. You are correct about the way he was used by Miami. He was playing in a system, and at a position and technique, that did not fit him or play to his strengths.

After coming to the Steelers, he lost weight and had to learn to play in space after playing on the DL in college. His quickness returned, and now, he is no longer an undersized DL that had to put on weight to compete against bigger men in a confined space to a more natural playing weight where he has regained his quickness while keeping his playing strength playing in space. He uses his hands very well for a young inexperienced player, and I believe he will continue to improve and become a very solid NFL player at OLB.

Exactly.

Square peg, round hole.

BlackAndGold
10-15-2016, 03:26 PM
Cobi Hamilton has been promoted to the 53, Al-Hajj Shabazz has been released.

86WARD
10-16-2016, 03:55 AM
Looking more and more like Wheaton's time here is done.

tube517
10-16-2016, 06:20 AM

Beat me to it.

Even last week w/Rogers out, Wheaton was invisible.

SteelerFanInStl
10-16-2016, 07:18 AM

Yep. He's not doing anything to get himself a new contract with anyone.

polamalubeast
10-16-2016, 07:21 AM
Remember last year, Wheaton was invisible before the bye, but he had several good game after the bye.

Let us hope it'll still be the case this year.

Method28
10-16-2016, 01:20 PM
Nobody is in here? Lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Method28
10-16-2016, 01:22 PM
What we all feared (trap game) appears to be coming to fruition

pczach
10-16-2016, 04:10 PM
What we all feared (trap game) appears to be coming to fruition

If you want to talk football during live games you need to go to the Game Day topic.

In the header at the top of this page click on Forum, then click on Pittsburgh Steelers. You'll see it if you scroll down.

That's where everyone goes to discuss the game while it's on.

Method28
10-16-2016, 04:13 PM
If you want to talk football during live games you need to go to the Game Day topic.

In the header at the top of this page click on Forum, then click on Pittsburgh Steelers. You'll see it if you scroll down.

That's where everyone goes to discuss the game while it's on.
Thank you! Ill be there next week

pczach
10-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Thank you! Ill be there next week

:tt03: