PDA

View Full Version : Game ball vs Jets

polamalubeast
10-09-2016, 02:57 PM
For me,this is Ben,Bell and the offensive line.

Also Coates to have bounced back after a rough 3rd quarter.

st33lersguy
10-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Big Ben, Le'Veon, O-line, Coates (even with the drops), and Vince Williams

Psycho Ward 86
10-09-2016, 03:08 PM
Ben Roethlisberger, easily. Crazy to think that Sammie Coates actually dropped 3 TD passes today to go along with his big game

polamalubeast
10-09-2016, 03:10 PM
Ravens lose!

86WARD
10-09-2016, 03:11 PM
No way Coates can get a game ball. His drops were horrendous...very concerning actually.

Game balls go to Roethlisberger, Vince Williams and shockingly Jarvis Jones...wut?!?

SteelerFanInStl
10-09-2016, 03:12 PM
Ben gets my game ball. Once again he was fantastic. Big props to the OL also.

ALLD
10-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Mike Munchak.

tube517
10-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Game ball to Ben and Munchak. 3rd string RT and Ben stays clean. Vince W all over the field again.

Game ball also to Bowles for the dumb challenge and the dumb decision to punt.

Honorable mention to Butler for the 2nd half adjustments, Jarvis for actually playing a decent game, ChickfilA.

SteelerFanInStl
10-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Mike Munchak.
I hope he never leaves.

lipps83
10-09-2016, 03:15 PM
I hope he never leaves.

He needs a lifetime deal.

Edman
10-09-2016, 03:17 PM
Mike Munchak must be locked up and never be allowed to leave Pittsburgh. Ever.

Todd Ball-less for being a total wuss.

Shoes
10-09-2016, 03:19 PM
Munch & the O-line.

lipps83
10-09-2016, 03:26 PM
I am going to throw one to Vince Williams too. Always liked this guy and it is going to be a shame when he leaves.

Good footballer.

Edman
10-09-2016, 03:29 PM
I am going to throw one to Vince Williams too. Always liked this guy and it is going to be a shame when he leaves.

Good footballer.

Who says Williams has to leave?

Shazier can go.

SteelerFanInStl
10-09-2016, 03:32 PM
Who says Williams has to leave?

Shazier can go.
We should keep both. Timmons might be the one leaving. If so, Williams can step in for him.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Edman
10-09-2016, 03:34 PM
I'd rather keep a guy who can play at a solid level for 16 games. Than a guy who can play great for only 10.

tube517
10-09-2016, 03:37 PM

Good footballer.

Williams just re-signed. Timmons is the one who is likely leaving. It will be Shazier and Williams in 2017

- - - Updated - - -

Coates dropped a few easy TDs but he bounced back. The Outlaw is starting to get more attention in the end zone.

This offense should have had 40+ points easily.

Edman
10-09-2016, 03:42 PM
Sammie Coates deserves a lot of credit for hanging in there despite his struggles, and Ben wins top MVP of the game for keeping his faith in Coates. He made big time catches to ice the game in the end.

steelerdude15
10-09-2016, 03:44 PM
My game balls go to Le'Veon and everyone on the offensive line, but Alejandro. He had a holding penalty and he let his defender beat him to cause Ben's fumble.

steelreserve
10-09-2016, 04:03 PM
There is no reason any of Timmons, Shazier or Williams needs to leave next year. Timmons will not have a $15M cap hit again, and if he's still any good, we need someone who can be there when Shazier misses his inevitable 6 games.

As far as game ball - Bell, Hubbard/Munchak, Williams, honorable mention to James.

I cannot give one to the offense's version of Ike Taylor, aka Coates, even with his big plays. All those drops were just too bad. Although he did seem to get better after getting booed.

86WARD
10-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Mike Munchak.

I said it somewhere else, this guy should be offered a lifetime contract from the Rooneys. Whatever he asked for, he should get. Head Coach money? It's worth every single penny and then some.

Shoes
10-09-2016, 04:36 PM
I said it somewhere else, this guy should be offered a lifetime contract from the Rooneys. Whatever he asked for, he should get. Head Coach money? It's worth every single penny and then some.

Ben approves this message!

DesertSteel
10-09-2016, 04:39 PM
Coates for showing mental toughness. And his long TD.

Devilsdancefloor
10-09-2016, 05:04 PM
Mike Munchak

Count Steeler
10-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Coates has to catch with his hands. Watched the first TD and he had to secure the ball with his body. Wasn't a clean grab. I have to watch the rest of the game.

Mojouw
10-09-2016, 05:19 PM
Coates has to catch with his hands. Watched the first TD and he had to secure the ball with his body. Wasn't a clean grab. I have to watch the rest of the game.

Unfortunately, neither Coates nor Bryant will ever be a "hands catcher". Both are body catchers. Was the biggest knock on both guys coming out of school. Essentially the only explanation that guys their size and speed fall into the second day of the draft.

I totally agree with you and all the others that argue that it would be FAR better if they were able to catch this way - but if they haven't figured it out by now...

teegre
10-09-2016, 05:21 PM
Mike Munchak.

/thread

Craic
10-09-2016, 05:26 PM
Sammie Coates deserves a lot of credit for hanging in there despite his struggles, and Ben wins top MVP of the game for keeping his faith in Coates. He made big time catches to ice the game in the end.

Yep, I was pretty impressed with his mental toughness as well. also to his credit, he was dealing with some kind of abrasion or cut to the webbing of his hands, which is going to make it difficult to catch the ball. For me, he's a first-half goat,. second half game-ball recipient.

Ben also gets a game ball for keeping within himself instead of pushing. By doing so, he let the rest of the offense come along until they got hot and put the game away. His streak in the second half was exactly what was needed.

Bell—what can I say?

Brown—kept his head throughout the game when he wasn't getting fed the ball, and came up big when he started getting it thrown to him. That's how a professional plays.

Hubbard—way to begin your NFL career.

On Defense, no game balls, but some honorable mentions . . .

Burns had a couple nice plays again and his name wasn't called once on a bad play. Kid's really showing something.

Jarvis Jones - yeah, he had a nice game, it was good to see. Although, after three years or so, he'll have to do even more to justify sticking around.

Run Defense did well.

------------

All-in-all, not a pretty win as it should have been put away in the second quarter, but a good win. These are the games earlier in Ben's career that he'd end up losing because he'd start forcing too many passes, rather than picking and choosing his times.

ALLD
10-09-2016, 05:34 PM
Jones is playing for a new contract. I think the Steelers resign him for a reasonable rate. He is no superstar, but he is serviceable. All the FO needs to do is mention Mike Wallace or some of the others that left and did nothing.

SteelerFanInStl
10-09-2016, 05:42 PM
The final TD was a hands catch by Coates.

Steeldude
10-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Jones is playing for a new contract. I think the Steelers resign him for a reasonable rate. He is no superstar, but he is serviceable. All the FO needs to do is mention Mike Wallace or some of the others that left and did nothing.

I hope not. It's time to move on. Signing him means he will start. That equates to no pass rush threat from the right side

DesertSteel
10-09-2016, 06:08 PM
The final TD was a hands catch by Coates.
Indeed it was. All he's done is lead the NFL in 40+ yard catches. I'm willing to go through his growing pains for what he brings. And he's not off smoking dope.

Coates > Bryant (all things considered) and Wheaton for that matter.

st33lersguy
10-09-2016, 06:19 PM
Keep in mind, this is only the 6th game Coates has played in. The fact that already he has gone from primarily deep routes and catching 1-2 balls a game to the last 2 weeks catching 6-7 balls and running his short routes is a sign of progress.

DesertSteel
10-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Yeah Brandon Marshall is a drop machine too. He's done OK..........

polamalubeast
10-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Keep in mind, this is only the 6th game Coates has played in. The fact that already he has gone from primarily deep routes and catching 1-2 balls a game to the last 2 weeks catching 6-7 balls and running his short routes is a sign of progress.

agree

Coates can be frustrating but we must live with his mistakes sometimes, because he made a lot of big plays for us

st33lersguy
10-09-2016, 06:26 PM
Yeah Brandon Marshall is a drop machine too. He's done OK..........

And Brandon Marshall is playing in his 11th year

Steel Peon
10-09-2016, 06:39 PM
No way Coates can get a game ball. His drops were horrendous...very concerning actually.

I cannot give one to the offense's version of Ike Taylor, aka Coates, even with his big plays. All those drops were just too bad. Although he did seem to get better after getting booed.

You guys are way too quick to criticize a player who's barely seen the field up to this point, especially without considering how great he's been performing in every prior game. I'm guessing you're both too young to appreciate mental toughness, and maybe you don't remember how much a guy named Santonio Holmes struggled in his first 2 years until he turned the corner in a big way? Besides, who the hell else would you have out there.....Wheaton? Nobody here truly has any fucking clue as to why he dropped any of those passes, and it could very well be the sun was in his eyes, or any number of factors we don't know about. This guy bounced back in a big way, and he deserves a lot of credit for out performing many veteran WRs today. This guy is tough, and he gets my game ball.

SteelerFanInStl
10-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Indeed it was. All he's done is lead the NFL in 40+ yard catches. I'm willing to go through his growing pains for what he brings. And he's not off smoking dope.

Coates > Bryant (all things considered) and Wheaton for that matter.
I agree. Coates is just getting started and I'm willing to go through his growing pains with him.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

zulater
10-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Mike Munchak.

Without question! :applaudit: Amazing how much this unit has improved since Munchak took over. No matter what the circumstances he gets this unit to meet the challenge of the day!

Steeldude
10-09-2016, 07:11 PM
BR and OL

I can't give on you Coates. You can't drop passes that are pretty much equivalent to playing catch with your dad in the backyard.

I would have liked to have seen Williams get more than one run attempt.

SteelerFanInStl
10-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Without question! :applaudit: Amazing how much this unit has improved since Munchak took over. No matter what the circumstances he gets this unit to meet the challenge of the day!

The Steelers need to do whatever it takes to keep him as a coach. The difference that he's made with our OL is unreal.

zulater
10-09-2016, 07:12 PM
My game balls go to Le'Veon and everyone on the offensive line, but Alejandro. He had a holding penalty and he let his defender beat him to cause Ben's fumble.

I disagree. Ben caused the fumble. He double pumped when the game situation suggested if the play wasn't there throw it away or secure the ball. ( as the pocket was collapsing) I'm as big of fan of Ben is there is. But that wasn't the time to play hero ball.

SteelerFanInStl
10-09-2016, 07:15 PM
I disagree. Ben caused the fumble. He double pumped when the game situation suggested if the play wasn't there throw it away or secure the ball. ( as the pocket was collapsing) I'm as big of fan of Ben is there is. But that wasn't the time to play hero ball.

Ben didn't "cause" the fumble. Are we going to go back to the "Ben holds the ball too long" crap? He holds the ball to make plays. Plain and simple. I'll take an occasional bad play to go along with all of the great plays that he makes because he "held the ball too long".

zulater
10-09-2016, 07:17 PM
BR and OL

I can't give on you Coates. You can't drop passes that are pretty much equivalent to playing catch with your dad in the backyard.

I agree. You can't give Coates a game ball due to the drops. But at the same token even when he's dropping balls he opens up the field underneath for the rest of the team by his mere presence. You can't underestimate his value to this offense. (not suggesting you are by the way)

zulater
10-09-2016, 07:22 PM
Ben didn't "cause" the fumble. Are we going to go back to the "Ben holds the ball too long" crap? He holds the ball to make plays. Plain and simple. I'll take an occasional bad play to go along with all of the great plays that he makes because he "held the ball too long".

I'm not going "back to anything". Through the years you can't find a more consistent fan and defender of Ben (on and off the field) than me. I get the risk-reward factor with Ben way more often than not pays dividends. I'm fine with his style of play, now and back through the years.

I just think on that particular play Ben deserves the lion's share of the blame for the fumble. It was never going to factor into the game's outcome, so no it wasn't a bid deal. But when the coaches assess that play I don't think they're going to kill AV on it. Nor will Ben. (imo)

ALLD
10-09-2016, 07:22 PM
Bell got the game ball officially because he was primarily a yardage machine and didn't make any mistakes. How can any team defend against his pass catching when they are playing run? He is like having an extra 1/4 or 1/3 of a player on the field.

polamalubeast
10-09-2016, 07:31 PM

zulater
10-09-2016, 07:35 PM

Shhh!!! Every tlme this team gets too much notice and they start talking of them as Super Bowl favorites they lay an egg! :doh:

:lol: :wink02:

SteelerFanInStl
10-09-2016, 07:42 PM
I'm not going "back to anything". Through the years you can't find a more consistent fan and defender of Ben (on and off the field) than me. I get the risk-reward factor with Ben way more often than not pays dividends. I'm fine with his style of play, now and back through the years.

I just think on that particular play Ben deserves the lion's share of the blame for the fumble. It was never going to factor into the game's outcome, so no it wasn't a bid deal. But when the coaches assess that play I don't think they're going to kill AV on it. Nor will Ben. (imo)

And I agree. AV can't be expected to hold off his man forever. Ben had time to make a play or get rid of it. I won't fault him for not doing that though.

polamalubeast
10-09-2016, 07:44 PM
Shhh!!! Every tlme this team gets too much notice and they start talking of them as Super Bowl favorites they lay an egg! :doh:

:lol: :wink02:

Maybe the loss against the Eagles was a very good thing for the steelers.

- - - Updated - - -

awe1028
10-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Game ball to Ben and Munchak. 3rd string RT and Ben stays clean. Vince W all over the field again.

Game ball also to Bowles for the dumb challenge and the dumb decision to punt.

Honorable mention to Butler for the 2nd half adjustments, Jarvis for actually playing a decent game, ChickfilA.

Of all the great things that happened today the thing that stood out the most to me was the sack by Chickillo.

It's great that the Steelers continue to win and offense continues to shine

However I am still concerned about the defense and the lack pressure from the OLBs. If Chickillo can develop into a reliable pass rusher this would go a long way in alleviating my concerns over the defense.

pczach
10-09-2016, 09:54 PM
Big Ben was awesome. Bell is incredible in all phases. AB was very workman-like receiving and had a great punt return. Coates showed he is no Sweed with the way he recovered from that rocky stretch of drops and endured the booing. He is a playmaker that needs to stay on the field and keep improving.

The offensive line was terrific today. Great job against a very good defensive front. Munchak for president!

The TE's blocked a little better today. James had a drop, but I think overall he played pretty well.

I'm really impressed with how the defense played after Heyward left the game with the hamstring injury. Chickillo and Jones managed to get pressure from the outside, there was good inside push, and they swarmed to the ball. Even the coverage tightened up a bit as they kept getting off the field. They held the Jets to 80 yards total offense in the second half with 1:46 to go in the game and already decided.

Butler put the guys into position to make plays, and they did. They made some subtle adjustments and got a lot done with limited personnel. Very impressive.

polamalubeast
10-10-2016, 07:16 AM

Moose
10-10-2016, 09:43 AM
Game BALL's'......Big Ben, Bell and Munchak
GOAT........Coates, too many drops !

Edman
10-10-2016, 10:00 AM
Maybe the loss against the Eagles was a very good thing for the steelers.

- - - Updated - - -

The blowout loss against the Eagles was a very good thing for the Steelers.

If they just lost that game in the last minute, they would see there would be little for them to improve on and would become complacent.

The Steelers were utterly humiliated in Philadelphia. Not only did the D suck, but the O, the more dependable and reliable unit of the team, sucked as well. Complete team meltdown in the team's worst loss since 1989.

Nadroj 20
10-10-2016, 10:12 AM
Jarvis Jones had fantastic back to back plays there at one point mid way through the 3rd quarter. He deserves an honorable mention from me.

Ben gets my game ball. As long as he is playing at this level I really love our chances in any game we play in.

steelreserve
10-10-2016, 11:25 AM
You guys are way too quick to criticize a player who's barely seen the field up to this point, especially without considering how great he's been performing in every prior game.

How great? One big play and then disappearing is not "great." That's been every game until the fourth quarter yesterday.

I'm guessing you're both too young to appreciate mental toughness

nope, dead wrong

and maybe you don't remember how much a guy named Santonio Holmes struggled in his first 2 years until he turned the corner in a big way?

nope, dead wrong, he was a nearly 1,000-yard receiver from his rookie season on, maybe struggled holding on to punts but that was it

Besides, who the hell else would you have out there.....Wheaton?

Heyward-Bey. Not instead of, but in rotation with him and Wheaton. Unless Coates can be more like fourth-quarter Coates, DHB is unfortunately probably the most consistent/well-rounded receiver on the team after Brown at this point.

Nobody here truly has any fucking clue as to why he dropped any of those passes, and it could very well be the sun was in his eyes, or any number of factors we don't know about.

What matters is results, not excuses.

This guy bounced back in a big way, and he deserves a lot of credit for out performing many veteran WRs today. This guy is tough, and he gets my game ball.

The way I see it, after one outlier play and a horrible mid-game, he did what was expected of him, no more, no less.

I would love to see more of play like he had at the end of the game, then he would be what I would call a consistent WR and a candidate for a legitimate #2. If it's the way he was for the first three quarters ... one home run ball and then a goose egg actually does as much harm as good. And that's been his whole season so far.

So, let's see a few more performances like the end of the game yesterday, then we can crown him. If not - well, as of a couple days ago, people were saying "omg how can you label him as inconsistent after just four games!" ... so my question would be, how can you label him consistent after one good quarter.

Steel Peon
10-10-2016, 12:31 PM
^ You're making a fool out of yourself.

steelreserve
10-10-2016, 12:48 PM
^ You're making a fool out of yourself.

ok

86WARD
10-10-2016, 01:01 PM
You guys are way too quick to criticize a player who's barely seen the field up to this point, especially without considering how great he's been performing in every prior game. I'm guessing you're both too young to appreciate mental toughness, and maybe you don't remember how much a guy named Santonio Holmes struggled in his first 2 years until he turned the corner in a big way? Besides, who the hell else would you have out there.....Wheaton? Nobody here truly has any fucking clue as to why he dropped any of those passes, and it could very well be the sun was in his eyes, or any number of factors we don't know about. This guy bounced back in a big way, and he deserves a lot of credit for out performing many veteran WRs today. This guy is tough, and he gets my game ball.

I'm far from too young. Some of those balls were easy catches that Coates dropped. I can't give a game ball to a guy who drops easy passes. A couple were tough catches but catching-wide, he had a pretty horrible day. There are receivers out there that don't drop 5 in a season. I get that he's young, but there's also a lot of other young guys in the league that haven't dropped the ball that many times...has Jesse James dropped that many in one game? Cameron Meredith hasn't seen the field much and he showed good hands yesterday...drops are concerning.

No one is writing Coates off so the Holmes comparison doesn't really work here. Coates had a bad game catching the ball IMO and for that, I can't give him a game ball.

polamalubeast
10-10-2016, 01:27 PM
How great? One big play and then disappearing is not "great." That's been every game until the fourth quarter yesterday.

nope, dead wrong

nope, dead wrong, he was a nearly 1,000-yard receiver from his rookie season on, maybe struggled holding on to punts but that was it

Heyward-Bey. Not instead of, but in rotation with him and Wheaton. Unless Coates can be more like fourth-quarter Coates, DHB is unfortunately probably the most consistent/well-rounded receiver on the team after Brown at this point.

What matters is results, not excuses.

The way I see it, after one outlier play and a horrible mid-game, he did what was expected of him, no more, no less.

I would love to see more of play like he had at the end of the game, then he would be what I would call a consistent WR and a candidate for a legitimate #2. If it's the way he was for the first three quarters ... one home run ball and then a goose egg actually does as much harm as good. And that's been his whole season so far.

So, let's see a few more performances like the end of the game yesterday, then we can crown him. If not - well, as of a couple days ago, people were saying "omg how can you label him as inconsistent after just four games!" ... so my question would be, how can you label him consistent after one good quarter.

But Coates is so bad.:coffee:

Steeldude
10-10-2016, 01:49 PM

Same reason he usually drops passes. He isn't a hands catcher. The same problem he had in college. It's the same problem Wallace showed when he was playing for he Steelers.

polamalubeast
10-10-2016, 02:00 PM
Same reason he usually drops passes. He isn't a hands catcher. The same problem he had in college. It's the same problem Wallace showed when he was playing for he Steelers.

If Coates gives us the same season that Mike Wallace in 2010, I'll be happy.Coates is a homerun threat and even when he not produce much, he has an impact on this team because he scares the opposing defense with his big play and he gives more space for Bell, Brown and etc.

This offense would not be the same offense without a deep threat.

Mojouw
10-10-2016, 02:12 PM
If Coates gives us the same season that Mike Wallace in 2010, I'll be happy.Coates is a homerun threat and even when he not produce much, he has an impact on this team because he scares the opposing defense with his big play and he gives more space for Bell, Brown and etc.

This offense would not be the same offense without a deep threat.

Exactly right. We saw that offense in the year after Wallace left and Manny Sanders was miscast as a deep threat.

As for the body catching part - so is every receiver on the roster not named Antonio Brown and Eli Rogers (maybe - need to see more). Bryant, Coates, DHB, and Wheaton all catch against their bodies. What are you going to do? More than half the wideouts in the league do. Doesn't make it right, but it is what it is.

teegre
10-10-2016, 02:13 PM
In XLIII, Santonio dropped a gimme pass for a TD. BB came back to him on the very next play, and the rest is history.

Likewise, BB stuck with Coates yesterday, specifically targeting him, despite Coates having a few drops.

SUMMATION:
BB is a helliva leader.
Coates: the drops were bad... but, overcoming those drops showed mental toughness.

steelreserve
10-10-2016, 03:00 PM
Antonio Brown has 447 total yards through 5 weeks. Sammie Coates has 421 total yards through 5 weeks. 26 yards short from AB. �� #Steelers
— Blitzburgh (@Steel_Curtain4) October 10, 2016

But Coates is so bad.:coffee:

Yes, statistics without any context whatsoever are great for winning Internets. Coates also leads the league in dropped passes, so by that logic he's among the best receivers in the league while also being the worst receiver in the league. How can that be? :coffee:

polamalubeast
10-10-2016, 03:10 PM
Yes, statistics without any context whatsoever are great for winning Internets. Coates also leads the league in dropped passes, so by that logic he's among the best receivers in the league while also being the worst receiver in the league. How can that be? :coffee:

So Terrell Owens was a bad receiver?

Mojouw
10-10-2016, 03:19 PM
Here is the actual numbers - not on drops, I couldn't find that update for this week's games. But Catch % through this week I could. That's Targets/Receptions so close enough to drops.

Coates is hanging out in some good company. Now, granted, we don't know if those other missed targets by other NFL WR's are drops, overthrows, break-ups, etc. But point is AB catches 66% and Coates catches 61%.

Julio Jones is at 58%. Desean Jackson is at 56%. Amari Cooper at 55%. Kelvin Benjamin (a good comp for Coates as his hands kinda suck too) at around 55-56%. OBJ at 52 and change. Hopkins is under 53%. Mike Evans (another good comp for Coates) is at 52%.

Did he have some totally headscratching and rage inducing drops yesterday? Absolutely. But, again, context is everything. Coates is very far from the most sure handed WR in the league, but so far this year there are many guys who were drafted higher than him and have far more experience that are not catching balls at a much higher clip.

I forgot to post a link but it is all based on catch % stat at pro football reference and as near as I can tell that is current through last nights games.

polamalubeast
10-10-2016, 03:28 PM
Here is the actual numbers - not on drops, I couldn't find that update for this week's games. But Catch % through this week I could. That's Targets/Receptions so close enough to drops.

Coates is hanging out in some good company. Now, granted, we don't know if those other missed targets by other NFL WR's are drops, overthrows, break-ups, etc. But point is AB catches 66% and Coates catches 61%.

Julio Jones is at 58%. Desean Jackson is at 56%. Amari Cooper at 55%. Kelvin Benjamin (a good comp for Coates as his hands kinda suck too) at around 55-56%. OBJ at 52 and change. Hopkins is under 53%. Mike Evans (another good comp for Coates) is at 52%.

Did he have some totally headscratching and rage inducing drops yesterday? Absolutely. But, again, context is everything. Coates is very far from the most sure handed WR in the league, but so far this year there are many guys who were drafted higher than him and have far more experience that are not catching balls at a much higher clip.

And Coates has over 12 yards per target!

steelerdude15
10-10-2016, 05:31 PM

If Alejandro doesn't allow the defender to beat him with his rush move, then Ben doesn't fumble the ball. We'll have to agree to disagree.

zulater
10-10-2016, 05:48 PM

Just rewatched the game. Each and every one of his catches was with his hands away from his body and brought in. Consistency and focus are his problems. Technique wise he's sound.

zulater
10-10-2016, 05:54 PM
If Alejandro doesn't allow the defender to beat him with his rush move, then Ben doesn't fumble the ball. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Ben had time to throw the ball away. He chose to extend the play with a pump fake. The pocket was already in serious decline at the time, so in my opinion Ben's decision was party to the process. Perhaps the blame should be shared equally?

Overall though Ben played a brilliant game and deserved the primary game ball.

AV's play may not have been tops among the line, but in my opinion, despite the strip sack and the one holding penalty he was responsible for his overall play was solid.

steelerdude15
10-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Ben had time to throw the ball away. He chose to extend the play with a pump fake. The pocket was already in serious decline at the time, so in my opinion Ben's decision was party to the process. Perhaps the blame should be shared equally?

AV's play may not have been tops among the line, but in my opinion, despite the strip sack and the one holding penalty he was responsible for his overall play was solid.

I just watched a replay of the play and yeah, I guess its blame that is shared equally.

Hawkman
10-10-2016, 09:46 PM

Against one of the best front seven......gotta with Zu on this one.

polamalubeast
10-12-2016, 06:54 AM

tube517
10-12-2016, 08:04 AM

Overpaid thug!!! :chuckle:

Mojouw
10-12-2016, 10:23 AM

Overpaid thug!!! :chuckle:

Nice! Now, Decastro, he's surely overpaid.