PDA

View Full Version : Feiler, Shabazz promoted; Golson, Harris to IR

tube517
10-08-2016, 03:11 PM
http://www.steelers.com/news/transactions/article-1/Feiler-Shabazz-promoted-Golson-Harris-to-IR/33cf7b3a-4138-4037-a375-67bbd87dcd73

The Steelers placed cornerback Senquez Golson and offensive tackle Ryan Harris on the team’s Reserve/Injured List, it was announced today.

The Steelers also promoted offensive lineman Matt Feiler and cornerback Al-Hajj Shabazz to the team’s active roster.

tube517
10-08-2016, 03:17 PM
Golson 2 years of not seeing the field. I don't even know the specifics of Harris' injury.

Dupree is another question mark.

Hawkman
10-08-2016, 03:28 PM
Must have been one hell of a hematoma!

tube517
10-08-2016, 03:38 PM
The free agent signings have had a tough year.

Green - injured/hasn't played yet
Harris- IR
S.Johnson - released and then added back when Dupree went on IR.
R.Mathews

Hawkman
10-08-2016, 03:40 PM
The free agent signings have had a tough year.

Green - injured/hasn't played yet
Harris- IR
S.Johnson - released and then added back when Dupree went on IR.
R.Mathews

Don't forget that Gilbert is hurt.

Mojouw
10-08-2016, 03:51 PM
This is where I just don't understand NFL roster management. I get that this week the team is a bit screwed with injuries and guys that can't suit up. But who is more likely to contribute to a playoff run later this year between these two pairs of players:

Golson and Harris or Shabazz and Fieler?

OR do make the choice a bit more realistic - Harris and Golson OR David Johnson and Steven Johnson?

But we need TEs and LB'er! The team was already heavy at both positions. Like Johnson and Johnson would've hit the waiver wire and been snapped up?

Maybe Golson and Harris really are too hurt to recover in a few weeks - but now your swing tackle is Hubbard? That's a nightmare scenario there based on the preseason reports. THe CB issue is less problematic, because they have done a good job of getting high upside guys on the roster there. But still - 2+ years and your prized draftpick has played ZERO real ball?

tube517
10-08-2016, 03:52 PM

I'm just talking about free agent signings from other teams.

Hawkman
10-08-2016, 04:01 PM
This is where I just don't understand NFL roster management. I get that this week the team is a bit screwed with injuries and guys that can't suit up. But who is more likely to contribute to a playoff run later this year between these two pairs of players:

Golson and Harris or Shabazz and Fieler?

OR do make the choice a bit more realistic - Harris and Golson OR David Johnson and Steven Johnson?

But we need TEs and LB'er! The team was already heavy at both positions. Like Johnson and Johnson would've hit the waiver wire and been snapped up?

Maybe Golson and Harris really are too hurt to recover in a few weeks - but now your swing tackle is Hubbard? That's a nightmare scenario there based on the preseason reports. THe CB issue is less problematic, because they have done a good job of getting high upside guys on the roster there. But still - 2+ years and your prized draftpick has played ZERO real ball?

With Green on the PUP I wouldn't exactly say that we are heavy at TE. Johnson did a decent job of blocking last week, and with Hubbard in there tomorrow I think Johnson will be doing more tomorrow. As for the other Johnson...... I got nothing.

tube517
10-08-2016, 04:11 PM

My bad, I thought you were referring to Marcus :chuckle:

Yes, add Justin to that list too but he was a trade. Same difference.

Mojouw
10-08-2016, 04:14 PM
With Green on the PUP I wouldn't exactly say that we are heavy at TE. Johnson did a decent job of blocking last week, and with Hubbard in there tomorrow I think Johnson will be doing more tomorrow. As for the other Johnson...... I got nothing.

Yeah. I didn't word that well. I just mean that THIS week D. Johnson makes sense because there is no 3rd TE and no Nix. But what about 10 weeks from now? Wouldn't Golson, Harris, AND Dupree be far more useful to a team with aspirations of a deep playoff run? Now the team can only call back one of those 3 players. Gotta figure it is Dupree.

Golson is an unknown and Cockrell, Gay, Burns, Gilbert seem to have CB locked up. But Harris is a better 3rd tackle than anyone else on the roster...which...oh nevermind. The whole point of this post is that unless Hubbard is waaaaaaaaaay better than anyone thinks, the tackle depth on this team is cover your eyes bad. I mean I know you can't be deep everywhere, but OT seems a really bad place for a pass first offense to be shallow at!

Hawkman
10-08-2016, 04:22 PM
Yeah. I didn't word that well. I just mean that THIS week D. Johnson makes sense because there is no 3rd TE and no Nix. But what about 10 weeks from now? Wouldn't Golson, Harris, AND Dupree be far more useful to a team with aspirations of a deep playoff run? Now the team can only call back one of those 3 players. Gotta figure it is Dupree.

Golson is an unknown and Cockrell, Gay, Burns, Gilbert seem to have CB locked up. But Harris is a better 3rd tackle than anyone else on the roster...which...oh nevermind. The whole point of this post is that unless Hubbard is waaaaaaaaaay better than anyone thinks, the tackle depth on this team is cover your eyes bad. I mean I know you can't be deep everywhere, but OT seems a really bad place for a pass first offense to be shallow at!

Yeah the Harris thing I don't get. I can't imagine any hematoma on a leg bad enough to put someone out for the season. Can't you cut someone and then resign them, or move a guy back and forth on the practice squad?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, they must be being very careful with Nix, because he was full practice all week.

Psycho Ward 86
10-08-2016, 04:38 PM

I agree that the tackle depth is bad, but maybe the staff is also taking into account Foster? He played a lot of right tackle for us early in his career and he was pretty middling at it. I suppose if it came down to that, Finney could play LG which hes done a good job of so far. Hopefully it doest come down to OL musical chairs like the good old days.

I cant even begin to express how disappointed I am that Harris went from hematoma to IR. Same with Golson, ugh.

BlackAndGold
10-08-2016, 07:24 PM
Harris will probably get cut in the summer.

Sucks to see Golson go on IR, but he wasn't helping this year. Hopefully he can stay healthy from here on out.

steelreserve
10-09-2016, 01:55 AM
Golson wasn't coming back from a Lisfranc injury the same season. That was wildly optimistic.

Harris I have no idea - by definition that is cleared up within a few weeks. That one looks like button-mashing to me.

BlackAndGold
10-09-2016, 07:54 AM
Yeah I'm not sure how bad the injury was to place Harris on IR.

Felt like they would have placed Wallace on IR because of his knee. Believe I read somewhere he needed a procedure or something, reason for the setback. (it was a knee scope)

Tackle depth is worrisome. Hubbard is officially the back up swing tackle.

SteelerFanInStl
10-09-2016, 09:45 AM
I'm really not liking the thought of Hubbard lining up against Wilkerson today. He's going to be all over Ben.

pczach
10-09-2016, 10:02 AM
I know that injuries are a part of the game and that all teams have to deal with them, but the sheer number of major injuries this team has had to endure for the last 5 years or so is amazing.

This is an every year hurdle that they have to overcome. They were so overdue for a light injury season, I was hoping this would be the year. I was also hoping that because so many injuries occurred early, they would get a ton of players back in the second half of the season, and have a chance to roll into the playoffs as healthy as they have been in recent memory.

The odds of that happening have just gone down significantly.

They now need the players on the roster to recover and be healthy at the end of the regular season and going into the playoffs. They will have a hard time surviving too many more major injuries, particularly to the offensive line. Finney played an awesome game, but at some point there has to be talent and continuity on the field, or Ben is going to be at high risk of injury.

They can still be fine if they avoid more catastrophic injuries, but they're only 4 weeks in, and there is a long way to go. Also, getting a healthy Dupree back would give them a chance to really improve the pass rush going into playoff football. One of these guys has to return this year........right?

Let's hope their luck finally turns.

Bluecoat96
10-09-2016, 11:48 AM
I'll be writing an "oh so exciting" paper about diversity in education during the game. Oh boy. Lol. I'll follow as much as I can. I leave it to you folks to keep me updated. 😂

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tube517
10-09-2016, 03:17 PM
I'll be writing an "oh so exciting" paper about diversity in education during the game. Oh boy. Lol. I'll follow as much as I can. I leave it to you folks to keep me updated. ��

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Steelers win, Ratbirds lose. Ben is elite. That's all you need to know.

SteelerFanInStl
10-09-2016, 03:34 PM
Steelers win, Ratbirds lose. Ben is elite. That's all you need to know.
And Dallas drove straight down the field for a TD on their first possession against the Bungles.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

teegre
10-09-2016, 05:00 PM
I'll be writing an "oh so exciting" paper about diversity in education during the game. Oh boy. Lol.

So was my wife.

Random question:
Are you enrolled in American College of Education?

Mojouw
10-09-2016, 05:10 PM
And Dallas drove straight down the field for a TD on their first possession against the Bungles.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Based on what is going on in that Cincy-Dallas game, they should think about firing Marvin Lewis before the end of the game.

ALLD
10-09-2016, 05:37 PM
So was my wife.

Random question:
Are you enrolled in American College of Education?

Those online degrees are pretty much worthless you all know that right?

teegre
10-09-2016, 05:50 PM
Those online degrees are pretty much worthless you all know that right?

For teachers, who need 3 units (in order to move up the pay scale), and who have two young children (i.e. no time to attend an actual class), those classes get the job done.

But, Yes... my wife hasn't learned anything from those classes.