PDA

View Full Version : Steelers/Falcons Post-Game Thread

HometownGal
09-12-2010, 02:46 PM
At the excellent suggestion of one of our members, we have decided to institute "Post-Game Threads" after Steelers games this season for everyone to join in on discussing the games AFTER the games. So - post your comments, your kudos, your B&M's in here. :heh:

Thanks NEPA for the great idea! :drink:

SMR
09-12-2010, 03:04 PM
At the excellent suggestion of one of our members, we have decided to institute "Post-Game Threads" after Steelers games this season for everyone to join in on discussing the games AFTER the games. So - post your comments, your kudos, your B&M's in here. :heh:

Fantastic idea!!!

steelatl
09-12-2010, 03:06 PM
less than 30% conversion rate on 3rd down? ugghh

HometownGal
09-12-2010, 03:25 PM
It was a bit ugly at times on the O side of the ball, though I believe BA called a very good game, but I'll take the W.

btw - both the Bungles and Browns lost. :applaudit:

GO JETS!

ALLD
09-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Arians still needs more play action calls. Dixon looked lost in the pocket. Hopefully he does better next week. Jeff Fisher is already thinking it's going to be an easy win.

Nadroj 20
09-12-2010, 03:29 PM
It was a bit ugly at times on the O side of the ball, though I believe BA called a very good game, but I'll take the W.

GO JETS!

I know im suppose to want them to beat the ravens but im beginning to hate the jets soooo much :chuckle:

salamander

Phew... talk about one helluva game. Dixon didn't play super terrible.

Thank you, Hines Ward for being Hines Ward.

As for the Defense, way to go! Overall, you guys kicked butt.

I will say one thing though, we need Ben back. I miss seeing #7 on the field.

Polamalu Princess
What a game.

The Duke
09-12-2010, 03:30 PM

GO JETS!

Oh yeah, we still have the jets to root for tomorow!

Arians still needs more play action calls. Dixon looked lost in the pocket. Hopefully he does better next week. Jeff Fisher is already thinking it's going to be an easy win.

hmm, could be. Funny that the big play to wallace came on the play action....

Shoes
09-12-2010, 03:30 PM
This was a good confidence builder for DD. Hines is a Gem!

Nadroj 20
09-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Hopefully this build DD's confidence for next week. Lets hope anyway.

salamander
09-12-2010, 03:31 PM

I'd say that's clearly Dixon's strength so why not play into it?

Godfather
09-12-2010, 03:32 PM
The good thing is Steelers football is back.

We ran the ball well most of the game, picked up several short yardage first downs, and played great defense. The O-line gave Dixon a lot of time on most plays. The defense gave up that FG drive but you can't really blame them for it. They got good pressure and had tight coverage, and Matty Ice made some perfect throws. You can't defend that. And they held them to a FG so we still had a chance to win.

ALLD
09-12-2010, 03:39 PM
They executed the game plan and it won. Keep the game close to the 4thQ and then try to win. Too bad Reed didn't cooperate and Dixon is a career backup. Mendy just showed why he was a first round pick. Without Pouncey we do not win.

Edman
09-12-2010, 03:39 PM
The Defense showed shades of 2009 near the end, but then they realized it's last year. And resurrected the Ghost of 2008. They carried the team and held firm against a very potent Atlanta Offense. Bryant Mcfadden flat out is lightyears over 2009 Gay.

That was Steelers football. They ran the ball well and played excellent D.

CPanther95
09-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Dixon was so INT-shy, he threw almost every ball into the ground. Even if we'd caught more balls, there'd be no YAC.

oneforthetoe
09-12-2010, 03:44 PM

GO JETS!

Yes, where is the writer, from the Cleveland Plain Dealer, who set a goal for the brownies of finishing ahead of the Steelers? First, what a pathetic goal. Second, you can't even beat the Bucs.

P ***a***t****h********e*********t*********i*******C .

steeldevil
09-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Good win to start off the season. Hope Hampton and Starks are ok, although Starks injury looked bad. Want to see more designed running from Dixon next week.

cold-hard-steel
09-12-2010, 03:45 PM
I did not admire Dixons' poise in the pocket all that much.I did enjoy the way that Ward bailed him out.The game over-all was not pretty,but it is a win.For that i am gratefull.I thought it did not have to be that close,and i wonder how many people had a heart attack today.Kudos to our defense,and what a great run by rushhard. He took it outside where he is the danger threat that he can be.He gets my game ball.

ALLD
09-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Yes, where is the writer, from the Cleveland Plain Dealer, who set a goal for the brownies of finishing ahead of the Steelers? First, what a pathetic goal. Second, you can't even beat the Bucs.

P ***a***t****h********e*********t*********i*******C .

Does Mangina last the season?

oneforthetoe
09-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Does Mangina last the season?

Yes, Browns won't pay two coaches. Well, unless one of them has a last name that rhymes sower.

BlastFurnace
09-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Dixon was lucky he didn't have atleast 3 interceptions.

GoSlash27
09-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Kudos on Troy Polamalu. He's officially back. What's the word on Starks?

BlastFurnace
09-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Kudos on Troy Polamalu. He's officially back. What's the word on Starks?

Sprained ankle.

ALLD
09-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Where do you guys watch live post-game comments?

ALLD
09-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Yes, Browns won't pay two coaches. Well, unless one of them has a last name that rhymes sower.

After he gets fired he can go to KC. They are like our Cards for ex-Pats.

GoSlash27
09-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Dixon was lucky he didn't have atleast 3 interceptions.

This is true, but what I noticed is that they weren't wild throws or heavy coverage, but simply failing to put touch on the ball to clear the underneath spy. That can be fixed fairly easily.

Shawn
09-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Man, it was so nice to see the Steelers D step it up. Dixon seemed to manage the game pretty well - I think this win will help with his confidence. Kudos to Mendenhall for that monster run. Tomlin always talks about 'splash plays' - how about one to win the game!

I'm so happy Sunday Ticket was free this week. I got to watch the 4th Quarter and OT with my dad who is the reason I'm a Steelers fan. I haven't seen him that excited in a long time, since he's been sick anyway. This game meant a lot to me.

polamalubeast
09-12-2010, 04:02 PM
BIG,BIG,BIG,BIG WIN!

steelatl
09-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Man, it was so nice to see the Steelers D step it up. Dixon seemed to manage the game pretty well - I think this win will help with his confidence. Kudos to Mendenhall for that monster run. Tomlin always talks about 'splash plays' - how about one to win the game!

I'm so happy Sunday Ticket was free this week. I got to watch the 4th Quarter and OT with my dad who is the reason I'm a Steelers fan. I haven't seen him that excited in a long time, since he's been sick anyway. This game meant a lot to me.

Cherish those moments with your parents

stillers4me
09-12-2010, 04:13 PM
One down....3 to go..........:drink:

Psycho Ward 86
09-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Psyychoward's Game notes:

Our Steelers generated...

- 354 total yards of offense
- 143 rushing yards, and our RB's only got tackled for a loss ONCE!
- Hines Ward recorded his franchise record 26th 100 yard game
- Michael Turner averaged 2.2 yards per carry

Some lowlights...

- We were 4/11 on 3rd down conversions (28%), although Redman did a great job picking up 2 or 3 of those 3rd down conversions
- 0/2 in the redzone...
- McFadden led the team with 12 tackles, but allowed Roddy White to snag a career high 13 catches
- Dixon was sacked an average of every 8.67 pass plays

ALLD
09-12-2010, 04:29 PM
1. Ward also passed 11,000 career yards.

2. Obvious QB problems.

3. OL is good @ run blocking and poor in pass blocking.

4. The Mendy run has not yet hit You Tube...! The NFL highlight of the week should have been posted already. Oh yeah, Brett Favre and Tim Tebow!

stillers4me
09-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Steelersdepot (http://twitter.com/Steelersdepot)

Max Starks in a walking boot after the game. Expect him to miss one if not two weeks. Tony Hills an option or moving Flozell 2 LT

stillers4me
09-12-2010, 04:45 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.facebook.com/steelers) via Facebook: Hines Ward has his 26th career 100 yard game, a team record.

The Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.facebook.com/steelers) via Facebook: Hines Ward becomes first receiver in Steelers History to have over 11,000 yards.

Nadroj 20
09-12-2010, 05:00 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.facebook.com/steelers) via Facebook: Hines Ward has his 26th career 100 yard game, a team record.

The Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.facebook.com/steelers) via Facebook: Hines Ward becomes first receiver in Steelers History to have over 11,000 yards.

How great is Hines Ward?? :applaudit:

Butch
09-12-2010, 05:02 PM
How great is Hines Ward?? :applaudit:

He's so Great they named a rule after him. That's how GREAT he is.

This needs it's own thread.

Psycho Ward 86
09-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Remember how Wallace is supposed to surpass Ward as our best receiver? Yeah, me neither.

st33lersguy
09-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Great game, great defensive effort, I fear the Max Starks injury, and it was good to see Troy back

steelatl
09-12-2010, 05:14 PM
4. The Mendy run has not yet hit You Tube...! The NFL highlight of the week should have been posted already.

Here it is
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/2010-week-1-rapid-reaction

tube517
09-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Dont forget Sepulveda's booming kicks today. 47 yd avg

43Hitman
09-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Steelersdepot (http://twitter.com/Steelersdepot)

Max Starks in a walking boot after the game. Expect him to miss one if not two weeks. Tony Hills an option or moving Flozell 2 LT

Please God no!

tihmtahm
09-12-2010, 05:44 PM
I think we will lose to better teams like the Titans with Dixon in there. I'm sticking to my guns and saying that Batch gives us the best chance to win, provided our O line can protect him.

The D saved the day today.

Merchant
09-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Defense looked reminiscent of '08 - fan-fuckin-tastic

venom
09-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Steelers have to improve on their 3rd down conversions . Love the D !

43Hitman
09-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Steelers have to improve on their 3rd down conversions . Love the D !

I'm pretty sure they will Venom, Dixon had some trouble settling down, but I think he'll be better next week. Then Lefty may be available which will open the play book up even more.

Galax Steeler
09-13-2010, 03:38 AM
I think we will lose to better teams like the Titans with Dixon in there. I'm sticking to my guns and saying that Batch gives us the best chance to win, provided our O line can protect him.

The D saved the day today.

The only thing that scares me with Batch is he is one dimension he is a pocket passer. Dixon on the other hand if he gets outside the pocket he can scramble and pick up a big chunk of yards.

Boomerang
09-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Praise the D ,that was an inspiring performance.

Dino 6 Rings
09-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Here is my break down.

Going in, we were "hoping" for the win, not expecting it, and we did exactly what we had to do. Kept ourselves out of too many 3rd and longs, kept the QB upright for the most part, got our receivers open, ran the ball. Defense played very well, pretty much made the Dirty Birds one dimensional allowing Turner what? 48 yards total? Something like that.

Pouncy did great at Center, very impressed with the rookie starting the season at that position. Adams did OK at right tackle, worried about left tackle now but we'll see how the back up progresses.

Mendy looked good, but I'm starting to get tired of the spinning all the time. Redman looked great on the 3rd and short conversions. Arians, called a good solid manage the game via Steelers football type of game. There were at least 3 cases of receivers being wide open and Dixon failed to get them the ball either throwing it at their feet or behind them. Our game plan was solid though, hat tip to Bruce.

1-0. That is what we needed to start the season, that's what we got.

Punt and kick coverage was much improved over last season. Returns however were lacking. Maybe we can tighten that up.

Reed...you can NOT miss 2 FGs with a backup QB on the field when we need every single point possible. 1 off the upright, I can deal with, but not a game winner at the end. Especiallyl after you have already booted one for 52 yards. Not Acceptable Jeff. Do Better.

SteelGhost
09-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Here is my break down.

Going in, we were "hoping" for the win, not expecting it, and we did exactly what we had to do. Kept ourselves out of too many 3rd and longs, kept the QB upright for the most part, got our receivers open, ran the ball. Defense played very well, pretty much made the Dirty Birds one dimensional allowing Turner what? 48 yards total? Something like that.

Pouncy did great at Center, very impressed with the rookie starting the season at that position. Adams did OK at right tackle, worried about left tackle now but we'll see how the back up progresses.

Mendy looked good, but I'm starting to get tired of the spinning all the time. Redman looked great on the 3rd and short conversions. Arians, called a good solid manage the game via Steelers football type of game. There were at least 3 cases of receivers being wide open and Dixon failed to get them the ball either throwing it at their feet or behind them. Our game plan was solid though, hat tip to Bruce.

1-0. That is what we needed to start the season, that's what we got.

Punt and kick coverage was much improved over last season. Returns however were lacking. Maybe we can tighten that up.

Reed...you can NOT miss 2 FGs with a backup QB on the field when we need every single point possible. 1 off the upright, I can deal with, but not a game winner at the end. Especiallyl after you have already booted one for 52 yards. Not Acceptable Jeff. Do Better.

That sums it up for me ... :thumbsup: EXCEPT the Reed part, I blame the second failed FG on the wind, man it was wild.

Kudos to Rashard, Hines, Pouncey, Woodley, Farrior, Troy and... yes... Brucey :tt03: