PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown's TD Celebrations

StillCurtains
10-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Hello All!

Listen, I know that there are quite a few as well as the league itself that didn't like AB's Twerk TD celebration in which he was fined for.

I have to say that after watching his latest TD celebration that drew a flag in which I'm sure he will be fined for later, I was shocked! I was like what??!! I mean come on! I've seen much worse that have not drawn flags. I felt that it was a ridiculous call.

In fact, there was another player that did a twerk celebration (Can't remember who) the same week that AB did his and it cost him no penalty nor fine. I know that we can all appreciate guys like Heath that hand the ball to the officials after scoring, but there are guys like AB that have this fun gene which energizes the team.

It exudes confidence to the team letting them know that we have things under control. It's AB's nature, it's his role on the team. He's the offensive energizer bunny for the Steelers. Ben is the field general. Ben is the leader and ultimate warrior of the entire team that gives this team fight.

Bell is the fluidly talented offensive quiet assasin of this offense that gives them an absolute unfair balance. He's the opposing team's matchup nightmare that opens up everything for the rest of the offense. What I'm really trying to say is that everyone has a role, but you absolutely need guys with the personality of AB.

I think that he can tone down some when he stated "Nothing to a boss" in regard to his twerking fine. I think he may want to stick to his wiggle dance as I feel he is now a player that gets under the league's skin and are out to get him.

Either way, I don't feel his latest dance warranted a flag and it shouldn't warrant a fine either.

tube517
10-03-2016, 04:52 PM
Manny Sanders was the one who did not get a fine with the exact dance.

SteelerFanInStl
10-03-2016, 05:03 PM
This latest penalty was complete B.S. It was only 2 pumps so it was legal! :D Seriously though, it's B.S. He's getting flags thrown on actions that other players are allowed to do. As was said, Manny Sanders did the same thing with no penalty thrown and no fine. I want to hear an explanation from the NFL as to why this is a penalty and Manny's actions weren't.

As I said in another thread, I do think that it's time for Tomlin to tell AB to stop the twerking. He needs to go back to his other dances that won't draw a flag.

ALLD
10-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Greatest TD dance of all time. AB should emulate this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwt9Es4oidg

86WARD
10-03-2016, 05:33 PM
This is his best...

https://youtu.be/ThuXW0rsYI0

Devilsdancefloor
10-03-2016, 06:26 PM
At some point this will bite the ST in the ass

vader29
10-03-2016, 06:30 PM

tube517
10-03-2016, 07:27 PM

Der Komissar shut this down

Craic
10-03-2016, 08:33 PM
Der Komissar shut this down

Our hate seemingly knows no limits. Just click on the link to Youtube and watch it there.

Beyond that . . . what got me from the clip was really Bradshaw's delivery. He brings the ball straight back, flips his hips, and drives the ball forward. Very fast delivery.

tube517
10-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Our hate seemingly knows no limits. Just click on the link to Youtube and watch it there.

Beyond that . . . what got me from the clip was really Bradshaw's delivery. He brings the ball straight back, flips his hips, and drives the ball forward. Very fast delivery.

Sure, I guess the hate flows when the NFL penalizes AB for twerking for being sexually suggestive but then showcases it on Twitter...

lipps83
10-03-2016, 08:44 PM
This one. You can even see the yellow flag fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMtjSxJeo4s

fansince'76
10-04-2016, 01:14 AM

That would probably get penalized as a "group celebration" nowadays as well.

fansince'76
10-04-2016, 01:20 AM
Sure, I guess the hate flows when the NFL penalizes AB for twerking for being sexually suggestive but then showcases it on Twitter...

...and lets others (see: Emmanuel Sanders) get away with the EXACT SAME THING...

Born2Steel
10-04-2016, 10:13 AM
If it hurts the team, stop. Why is this even a question?

teegre
10-04-2016, 10:02 PM
You know who never celebrated after TDs...

Limas Sweed

Mojouw
10-04-2016, 10:33 PM

Limas Sweed

And we have our winner!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tube517
10-04-2016, 10:41 PM

Limas Sweed

http://www.xflmvp.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/injury.jpg

NCSteeler
10-05-2016, 03:35 AM
Hell McKinnon from Vikes grabbed his crotch with no penalty

86WARD
10-05-2016, 07:31 AM
Lol

Method28
10-05-2016, 08:51 AM
Hell McKinnon from Vikes grabbed his crotch with no penalty
Exactly. If they're going to start throwin flags for every celebration....fine. Just make it consistent with everyone. Cause from this point of view it seems they're targeting AB. The last flag he got was complete and utter BS.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

86WARD
10-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Manny Sanders did the same celebration...no penalty, no fine.

ALLD
10-05-2016, 09:49 AM
They are trying to make AB one of the faces of the NFL. He is being hyped as the #1 WR in the league and they want him to behave a certain way.

slippy
10-05-2016, 01:56 PM
so why was he allowed to wear the arnold palmer shoes?

tube517
10-05-2016, 02:00 PM

I wonder if he got fined for that. MIght as well make it all one check.

Shoes
10-05-2016, 02:09 PM

I believe he ask and received permission to do so. It sure seems like the NFL has a revolving dart board tho.

tube517
10-05-2016, 02:12 PM
I believe he ask and received permission to do so. It sure seems like the NFL has a revolving dart board tho.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-allows-antonio-brown-to-wear-arnold-palmer-cleats-024723145.html

Ah, ok. Didn't know about that.

Moose
10-05-2016, 04:03 PM
At some point this will bite the ST in the ass

I agree 100% I'm not a fan of TD end-zone celebrations anyway, I believe in just being a class act and hand the ball over or lay it on ground and go about your business. Celebrate on the sideline with your teammates, who also were doing their job in order for the TD to occur. With the pathetic tackling this team has on ST or defense, it's just a matter of time when the opponent will have a big gain or a kick returned for a TD because of the penalty. Kicks in the end-zone and having opponents start at the 20 yrd. line made run backs rare, but the 15 yrd penalty on the ensuing kick gives the opponents a chance to return the kick and with the lack of tackling gives the other team great field position, momentum, and/or TD. Any of which can change the game drastically.

lipps83
10-05-2016, 04:04 PM

WTF?

Didn't Heyward ask for permission to honor his father via eye black, and was denied? Not sure if I remember that right or not.

tube517
10-05-2016, 04:06 PM
WTF?

Didn't Heyward ask for permission to honor his father via eye make-up, and was denied? Not sure if I remember that right or not.

Yes, he did. Also, I think Willie Gay (domestic abuse) and DeAngelo (cancer) both asked to honor their mothers and were turned down.

Born2Steel
10-05-2016, 06:54 PM
I am all good with TD celebrations however the player wants to do it. When it starts getting penalties and hurting the team in any way, it's just time to quit doing the celebrations. Not a right or wrong thing. It becomes a 'what's best for the team' thing.

Craic
10-06-2016, 11:34 PM

I was referring to the "shut this down" comment - like Goodells' prowling the internet looking to strike. It's a general thing that you have to go to Youtube to watch NFL vids—don't know why, maybe some kind of advertising deal on the page loads with NFL material?

As for showcasing it on twitter—why is that surprising? Remember Harrison's hit that was penalized and fined, and also sold on the NFL site as a highlight? The left hand simply has no idea what the right hand is doing. It's a matter of Hanlon's Razor—Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.