PDA

View Full Version : Week 5:New York Jets(1-3)

polamalubeast
10-03-2016, 03:08 PM
The jets have maybe 1-3 but their 3 losses were against very good team.Fitzpatrick is awful too.10 interceptions in his first 4 games including 6 against the chiefs!...And their defense gives many big play too.

Prediction for this game?

st33lersguy
10-03-2016, 03:23 PM
This will be a tough game. Brandon Marshall and the jets d-line present challenges. This could easily be a loss and probably at least will be a slow start coming off a big Sunday night win. I say 24-21 win

polamalubeast
10-03-2016, 03:50 PM
This will be a tough game. Brandon Marshall and the jets d-line present challenges. This could easily be a loss and probably at least will be a slow start coming off a big Sunday night win. I say 24-21 win

Maybe,but no game have been close for the steelers this year,except maybe the game against the Bengals.

teegre
10-03-2016, 04:25 PM
The NYJets' front four will get to BB. Ergo, he has to throw to a dump off option... and, Bell just happens to be the BEST dump off option in the NFL.

Thus, I look for Bell to have 13 receptions for 130 yards and 2 TDs. (But, he will only have about 50 rushing yards.)

No one can stop AB; so, add 10-14 more points to the scoreboard (either from him, or from teams leaving someone else open in order to cover AB).

Fitzpatrick will throw two more INTs (killing two potential scoring drives). The yardage will bother some, but since those two drives will end with no points, I'll be fine with it.

The NYJets will have four other scoring drives (FG, TD, FG, FG).

So...

NYJets 16
Steelers 25-ish

Edman
10-03-2016, 04:56 PM
Tomlin's Achilles Heel: A Bad team.

This game will be closer than we think.

Won't be a 40-something blowout, but it will be a much better game.

Rotorhead
10-03-2016, 05:26 PM
We will continue blitzing like this game, our DB's are just getting better. Jets Off is not the best and their Def strength is the DLine and we have a good OLine even with the injuries (Finney and Harris played well I thought, plus I think Gilbert will be fine). With Bell back in the game, I think we will score 34 pts against the Jets 20.

polamalubeast
10-03-2016, 05:27 PM
The Steelers need to be aggressive in offense since the jets almost give 10 yards per pass attempt!

Also we must not run too often in this game because the jets are very good against the run.

ALLD
10-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Steelers need to show up for work and forget about dumb dances or stupid celebrations. Beat the Jets, you should.

86WARD
10-03-2016, 05:37 PM
The Jets are a very, very, very dangerous 1-3 team...

salamander
10-03-2016, 06:22 PM
Gotta call this one a bonafide trap game.

Devilsdancefloor
10-03-2016, 06:28 PM
This game will be closer than we think.

Won't be a 40-something blowout, but it will be a much better game.

QFT

teegre
10-03-2016, 06:40 PM

This has been stated so many tomes, that it has become a "truth", but it is actually not the case.

Last season, I listed the games lost by the Steelers to losing teams... as well as other teams' losses to losing teams, and the Steelers were smack dab in the middle.

Furthermore, part of this "truth" is skewed by misleading stats. For example, the Steelers lost to a Chiefs team that had a losing record... followed by 10 more victories and a playoff berth. Sure, when the Steelers played them, the Chiefs had a losing record, but the Chiefs were far from a bunch of "losers".

Think aboit out it this way: after week one, HALF of the league has a losing record. Ergo, in week two, if you played a team who had lost in week one, then you'd technically be playing a team with a "losing record." As in: the Seahawks lose to the Taperiots in week one. Then, the Steelers lose to the Seahawks in week 2. That would be considered a loss to a team with a losing record (even though we all know that Seatttle is very good).

Born2Steel
10-03-2016, 07:44 PM
The Jets are not playing well at all. Their secondary is getting torched. They have not had a run game to mention at all. Fitz is throwing INTs because of it. We need to continue to stuff the run and keep the Jets one dimensional and Fitz will make bad throws. They are close to self destruct right now.

That said....This IS the NFL. What a difference a week can make.

lipps83
10-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Tomlin can't beet the bottom dwellars.

Jets 30 Steelers 17

Just kidding.

Steelers 63 Jets 2

tube517
10-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Tomlin can't beet the bottom dwellars.

Jets 30 Steelers 17

Just kidding.

Steelers 63 Jets 2

Does not account for the 2 point conversions unless that is 7 TDs with 7 two pt conversions and 1 TD with 1 pt conversion :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
10-03-2016, 09:14 PM
Ben was on a mission last week.

If he plays with intensity we win.

hawaiiansteeler
10-04-2016, 12:54 AM
The Jets are not playing well at all. Their secondary is getting torched.

and they may be without Revis also:

• CB Darrelle Revis (hamstring): He got hurt in Sunday's loss to Seattle. He walked into the locker room Monday with a wrap on the middle of his left leg. Revis was limping. He declined to speak with reporters. Bowles said Revis had an MRI, which revealed a mild hamstring strain. "He's a little sore, but he felt a little better [Monday]," Bowles said. "But he hasn't run, so we'll see on Wednesday." Bowles added that it's "too early to tell" if Revis will or won't play in Pittsburgh.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/10/jets_injury_update_for_steelers_week_darrelle_revi .html

Steeldude
10-04-2016, 04:57 AM
Steelers - 22

Jets - 27

Tomlin continues to struggle against poor teams.

tube517
10-04-2016, 01:16 PM
http://www.steelers.com/news/press-conference-reaction/article-1/Tomlins-Injury-Update-Post-KC/26408470-8ed0-44ae-ae9d-bf49d74194af

Rotorhead
10-04-2016, 01:35 PM
The only concern for me on that list is right tackle. We need either Harris or Gilbert out there. Who is the third string tackle anyway? The rest of the backups played as well or better (in some instances) than the players they replaced.

tube517
10-04-2016, 02:54 PM
The only concern for me on that list is right tackle. We need either Harris or Gilbert out there. Who is the third string tackle anyway? The rest of the backups played as well or better (in some instances) than the players they replaced.

Hubbard is the 3rd string OL.

ALLD
10-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Let's see if Gerry "Moon" Mullins has any legs left and can pick up RT where he left off.

http://old.post-gazette.com/steelers/20030116where0116p5.asp

B&G
10-04-2016, 04:01 PM
Does not account for the 2 point conversions unless that is 7 TDs with 7 two pt conversions and 1 TD with 1 pt conversion :chuckle:

Apparently that safety the Jets get upsets Ben, and he throws 7 TDs

SteelerFanInStl
10-04-2016, 04:45 PM
and they may be without Revis also:

• CB Darrelle Revis (hamstring): He got hurt in Sunday's loss to Seattle. He walked into the locker room Monday with a wrap on the middle of his left leg. Revis was limping. He declined to speak with reporters. Bowles said Revis had an MRI, which revealed a mild hamstring strain. "He's a little sore, but he felt a little better [Monday]," Bowles said. "But he hasn't run, so we'll see on Wednesday." Bowles added that it's "too early to tell" if Revis will or won't play in Pittsburgh.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/10/jets_injury_update_for_steelers_week_darrelle_revi .html

Even if Revis does play, he's not going to be able to stay with any of our WRs.

zulater
10-04-2016, 05:41 PM

This is a huge concern with their DL.:sick: This single position could cost us the game. :ill:

Psycho Ward 86
10-04-2016, 05:52 PM
The jets will try to exploit Hubbard. I say let them try, and screen pass them to death with the best receiving back in the league. Even Bell will be hard pressed to find running room against these guys anyways

Count Steeler
10-04-2016, 06:05 PM

Or 21 field goals.

Mojouw
10-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Wasn't Foster a tackle on college and early in the NFL? Hope Harris can go and if not leave Finney at LG and slide Foster to RT? Or hope that Munchak's wizard staff still has some magic in it and Hubbard is okay out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Psycho Ward 86
10-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Wasn't Foster a tackle on college and early in the NFL? Hope Harris can go and if not leave Finney at LG and slide Foster to RT? Or hope that Munchak's wizard staff still has some magic in it and Hubbard is okay out there.

hell, he's played tackle a bunch of times early on for us. i agree. why not slide Foster there and keep Finney and LG?

tube517
10-04-2016, 07:43 PM
http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/06/15/steelers-throwback-jerseys-bumblebees-2016-season-schedule/

Last game of the bumblebee jerseys.

teegre
10-04-2016, 09:59 PM
This single position could cost us the season.

Edited with pessimism.

Mojouw
10-04-2016, 10:37 PM
Edited with pessimism.

Yeah. Can't have a leaky tackle with a pass first team. Hope that Harris can step up. Harsh reality is that the team is staring at 2 average at best tackles. That likely leads to Landry Jones. Which means Mettenberger should be the most popular player on the roster at some point.

Count Steeler
10-05-2016, 05:15 AM
Let's see if Tomlin comes through on his promise to work on their preparation for these type of winnable games.

Kittyfish
10-05-2016, 09:04 AM
I am worried about this game. The Steelers are probably feeling pretty damn good about themselves after last week and it seems that a letdown game follows a terrific showing a good deal of the time. There is also a history of losing the games they ought to win, playing down to the competition. As others have said, this feels like a trap game to me. I hope I am wrong, we shall see.

86WARD
10-05-2016, 09:30 AM

The two the Jets got were on a failed 2-point conversion...MIND BLOWN!

Rotorhead
10-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Harris will be fine if Gilbert is out for any length of time. I just hope he can play this week. Isnt Hubbard our last healthy OL? I can see us using DJ alot to help block until we get some health back.

tube517
10-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Backup RT is............Maurkice Pouncey

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/10/maurkice-pouncey-getting-reps-rt-week/

Rotorhead
10-05-2016, 03:07 PM
When is the Bye lol. At least nothing is season ending at this point and hopefully they will all be healthy for the stretch run.

Psycho Ward 86
10-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Harris will be fine if Gilbert is out for any length of time. I just hope he can play this week. Isnt Hubbard our last healthy OL? I can see us using DJ alot to help block until we get some health back.

even Harris is questionable though...

tube517
10-05-2016, 03:31 PM
When is the Bye lol. At least nothing is season ending at this point and hopefully they will all be healthy for the stretch run.

Oct 30

Gilbert's injury isn't season ending so that is good news.

Hawkman
10-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Nix and Foster went through full practice......so that's a little positive news.

steel striker
10-07-2016, 10:37 AM
Steelers should win this game but, Jets can bring a good pass rush. Steelers-31-17.

SteelerFanInStl
10-07-2016, 12:35 PM
The Jets have a lot of injuries too. Revis is questionable, Decker is out. Enunwa is questionable. Starting RG Winters is out.

If we play aggressive like we did against KC, we'll win this one easily.

slippy
10-07-2016, 01:18 PM
agreed. jets are just as banged up as the steelers, their secondary sucks and their QB just throws picks. and the game is in PGH. without Decker we can double Marshall. i call an ugly boring two score win. maybe 23-14.

Shoes
10-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Out for the Steelers & Jets

Sitting out Sunday will be cornerback Justin Gilbert (knee), center/guard Cody Wallace (knee), tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle), fullback Roosevelt Nix, cornerback Senquez Golson (foot), tackle Ryan Harris (shin), wide receiver Eli Rogers (toe), safety Robert Golden (hamstring) and linebacker Ryan Shazier (knee).
With Marcus Gilbert and Harris now officially ruled out for Sunday, Chris Hubbard will make his first career start at right tackle. with that, it will now be interesting to see if the Steelers promote tackle Matt Feiler from their practice squad on Saturday.
Linebacker Jarvis Jones (ankle) is expected to play Sunday and the same goes for linebacker Anthony Chickillo (knee), guard Ramon Foster (chest), and wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey (shoulder).
(http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/10/jets-injury-report-revis-doubtful-steelers-game-enunwa-questionable/)
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/10/steelers-injury-report-9-players-ruled-jets-game-friday/

For starters, wide receiver Eric Decker (shoulder), guard Brian Winters, tight end Braedon Bowman(knee), and quarterback Bryce Petty (shoulder) were all ruled out for Sunday’s game on Friday.
Additionally, wide receiver Jalin Marshall (shoulder) and cornerback Darrelle Revis (hamstring) were both listed as doubtful on Friday by Jets head coach Todd Bowles. Even so, Revis is being labeled as a game-time decision, according to reports even though he failed to practice all weeek.
Wide receiver Quincy Enunwa (knee) was added to the Jets injury report on Friday as he reportedly has a sore knee that prevented him from practicing. With Decker already ruled out for Sunday, the Jets really need Enunwa to play.
Defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson (ankle), tackle Ryan Clady (shoulder), running back Matt Forte (knee, ribs), wide receiver Jeremy Ross (hamstring), linebacker Lorenzo Mauldin (illness), wide receiver Robby Anderson (back), wide receiver Brandon Marshall (foot), and cornerback Buster Skrine (foot) are all expected to play Sunday after showing up on the Jets injury report this past week.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/10/jets-injury-report-revis-doubtful-steelers-game-enunwa-questionable/ (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/10/jets-injury-report-revis-doubtful-steelers-game-enunwa-questionable/)

86WARD
10-07-2016, 04:56 PM
I think Brandon Marshall will have a big day.

pczach
10-07-2016, 05:47 PM
The Steelers will be playing a 10-6 team from last year that will be desperate for a win. They will get their best shot and the Jets coaches will be dialing up a lot of stuff that they haven't put on film yet this year. This should be a very tough game. The Jets are literally trying to save their season.

Psycho Ward 86
10-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Dont sleep on WR Quincy Enunwa for the jets. he was getting tons of targets even with Decker healthy. Currently on pace for 92 receptions....

SteelerFanInStl
10-07-2016, 07:37 PM
Dont sleep on WR Quincy Enunwa for the jets. he was getting tons of targets even with Decker healthy. Currently on pace for 92 receptions....

He's questionable with a knee injury so he might not even play. He has played well though. Good hands and a handful to bring down. Very strong.

tube517
10-08-2016, 02:01 PM
http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2016/10/steelers_ol_db_injury_plan.html

tube517
10-11-2016, 06:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quP-LN8wYXA

Gilette....:lol:

Kittyfish
10-11-2016, 09:30 AM
Those are so funny. Watch the Ben Roethlisberger & Pittsburgh Dad episode - Ben's a pretty good actor! Color me impressed.