PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 game balls vs Chiefs.

zulater
10-02-2016, 10:31 PM
Ben obviously. But how about BJ Finney as well!

Great game. Good recovery from last weeks debacle. :tt03:

steelerdude15
10-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Everybody is getting one from me.

st33lersguy
10-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Everyone but most of all Cam Heyward, Tuitt, Ben, BJ Finney

polamalubeast
10-02-2016, 10:38 PM
First 3-1 start since 2010....

tube517
10-02-2016, 10:39 PM
Offense: Ben, Sammie, Le'Veon

Defense: Vince Williams 11 tackles, 1 sack....Cam Heyward 3 sacks

Edman
10-02-2016, 10:49 PM
Vince Williams is the Defenses version of Cody Wallace. An unsung hero who doesn't get much fanfare because he isn't the sexy first round pick.

Shazier can hang around on the bench as much as he wants.

Psycho Ward 86
10-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Vince Williams is the Defenses version of Cody Wallace. An unsung hero who doesn't get much fanfare because he isn't the sexy first round pick.

Shazier can hang around on the bench as much as he wants.

thats awfully generous on Cody Wallace's part. Vince Williams is ACTUALLY a good linebacker.

My gameball easily goes to Ben, with Bell coming in 2nd

defensive gameball to Heyward for bringing the heat and Vince for playing a complete game. great to see him play games like this with Timmons likely on the way out. He's going to be another Larry Foote for us

86WARD
10-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Ben and then DHB - he was a stud on special teams and helped on O, Vince Williams on Defense, BJ Finney on offense.

Steel Peon
10-02-2016, 11:09 PM
I'm not sure what I've been watching for the last 2 weeks, but it didn't much look like NFL football, and as such there will be no judgement for either team, nor any game balls, from me.

DesertSteel
10-02-2016, 11:59 PM
Bell. Ben. Finney. Cam. Vince.

Moose
10-03-2016, 07:19 AM
I gotta go game balls to Big Ben and L. Bell. Defense .... sorry, not so much. Way too many missed tackles again and opponents making 3rd and longs are getting too ridiculous. And 1 bitch I'm getting tired of is A.Brown and his F"""King TD dancing and getting the flags....hey, our special teams aren't good enough to stop the opponent on the kickoffs ! Without the penalty we kick the ball in endzone there's usually NO return and opponent starts on the 20, with the 15 yrd penalty they return the kick and with all the missed tackles we give them half field to go. Just my bitchin'.

Mojouw
10-03-2016, 08:08 AM
thats awfully generous on Cody Wallace's part. Vince Williams is ACTUALLY a good linebacker.

My gameball easily goes to Ben, with Bell coming in 2nd

defensive gameball to Heyward for bringing the heat and Vince for playing a complete game. great to see him play games like this with Timmons likely on the way out. He's going to be another Larry Foote for us

Great points. Williams' play is exciting not because of Shazier's injury history (that is a whole other thing) but because someone has to take over for Timmons in 2017.

SteelerFanInStl
10-03-2016, 08:10 AM
My game balls go to Ben and Cam. Ben ended up with a perfect passer rating, 300 yards and 5 TDs and Cam wrecked havoc the whole game with 3 sacks, 6 tackles and a tipped ball that led to an interception. Cam set the tone for the defense.

Just a note on the AB TD penalty. I don't like it any more than anyone else but what I really want to know is why in the Hell he keeps getting flagged for shit that other players do and don't get flagged for? It's complete b.s. I'm sure that he'll get fined too even though no one else has gotten fined for the same thing.

It's time for Tomlin to make him stop though. Enough is enough.

Mojouw
10-03-2016, 08:13 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/10/sammie-coates-turns-complete-performance-yet/

I'm going to argue that Sammie gets at least half a game ball. Displayed the skills and ability yesterday to thrive as a #2 behind AB. Everything he needed to do - fast, physical, well run routes, hands, etc.

The Steelers offense was obviously energized by Bell's return but it also has functioned much better under Haley with a true deep threat that can also make other plays consistently running across from Brown. Coates is starting to look like that player.

SteelerFanInStl
10-03-2016, 08:13 AM

I agree completely. Wallace is a barely acceptable NFL OL. I still wish that we'd find a better backup and get rid of him.

Vince is a good MLB, especially against the run. He's a thumper. He also showed some surprising speed last night running down that HB from behind when Cockrell couldn't.

Mojouw
10-03-2016, 08:16 AM
I agree completely. Wallace is a barely acceptable NFL OL. I still wish that we'd find a better backup and get rid of him.

Vince is a good MLB, especially against the run. He's a thumper. He also showed some surprising speed last night running down that HB from behind when Cockrell couldn't.

Wouldn't Finney's performance last night mean that the Steelers have found someone to push Goose off the roster eventually? I guess Wallace is saved because he can play center? But didn't Hubbard come in with the second unit last night?

tube517
10-03-2016, 08:27 AM
Wouldn't Finney's performance last night mean that the Steelers have found someone to push Goose off the roster eventually? I guess Wallace is saved because he can play center? But didn't Hubbard come in with the second unit last night?

Finney played center in college so he should be able to take over for Goose in 2017. Goose will be 32 and a free agent.

Hubbard did play but I think he was subbing for Gilbert and Harris at RT.

SteelerFanInStl
10-03-2016, 08:30 AM

Yes, he's saved because I don't think that Finney can play center unfortunately. I liked what I saw of Finney last night. He looked good.

Hubbard is terrible. I don't know why we even have him on the roster. I'm amazed that we can't find anyone better. He snapped the ball into his own butt last night, causing a fumble.

- - - Updated - - -

Finney played center in college so he should be able to take over for Goose in 2017. Goose will be 32 and a free agent.

Hubbard did play but I think he was subbing for Gilbert and Harris at RT.

Ahhh, that's good. I didn't know that. There's hope then.

steelreserve
10-03-2016, 08:32 AM
Butler for finally growing (re-growing?) the balls to play an aggressive defensive scheme.

Williams and Finney for filling in admirably.

Ben, obviously. Bell had a nice return - now PUT DOWN THE FUCKING BONG.

Almost would've said Coates - but I'm not sure whether he "emerged" as a complete receiver, or was just up against a DB having a historically awful night. I felt bad for that guy, we ate his lunch all day.

By the way, DHB >>>>>>>> Wheaton.

tube517
10-03-2016, 08:35 AM
Yes, he's saved because I don't think that Finney can play center unfortunately. I liked what I saw of Finney last night. He looked good.

Hubbard is terrible. I don't know why we even have him on the roster. I'm amazed that we can't find anyone better. He snapped the ball into his own butt last night, causing a fumble.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhh, that's good. I didn't know that. There's hope then.

Hubbard did butt snap the ball. I forgot that was him. Well, at least they took Pouncey out. They can't afford any more injuries. I'm not sure what happened to Ryan Harris but we are razor thin with Foster, Goose, Gilbert, Harris all banged up

Hawkman
10-03-2016, 09:00 AM
I'm not sure what I've been watching for the last 2 weeks, but it didn't much look like NFL football, and as such there will be no judgement for either team, nor any game balls, from me.

So why bother posting anything on this thread?

BlackAndGold
10-03-2016, 09:30 AM
I agreed with many above.

How about Burns though? he's continuing to improve each game. The play where he got beat and still recovered to break up the pass was very impressive.

The talent is there.

Mojouw
10-03-2016, 09:33 AM
I agreed with many above.

How about Burns though? he's continuing to improve each game. The play where he got beat and still recovered to break up the pass was very impressive.

The talent is there.

I noticed that too. The game speed and length on Burns is something that the Steelers have lacked since Ike in his prime. If Burns can get his mental game up to speed - then they can just start leaving him alone on a guy out there.

AtlantaDan
10-03-2016, 09:41 AM
I noticed that too. The game speed and length on Burns is something that the Steelers have lacked since Ike in his prime. If Burns can get his mental game up to speed - then they can just start leaving him alone on a guy out there.

The game turning into a blowout early allowed Tomlin & Butler to give Burns the reps he missed due to injury in preseason

Game balls to Ben, Bell, Heyward & Vince Williams

Rotorhead
10-03-2016, 10:02 AM
Great points. Williams' play is exciting not because of Shazier's injury history (that is a whole other thing) but because someone has to take over for Timmons in 2017.

This x1000!

Rotorhead
10-03-2016, 10:09 AM
I think the gameballs go to the usual Ben, Bell. Coates steppted up his game as did Wheaton. The defense played like we all thought they could this season.

polamalubeast
10-03-2016, 10:15 AM

Psycho Ward 86
10-03-2016, 10:23 AM

Burns was also pretty awesome last night. He gave up a few catches, but none of them were "bad" and they were HEAVILY contested, including the play that was challenged. That pass deflection on that 9 route later in the game where he threw his hand out just perfectly was beautiful. When I saw that play go incomplete on live tv and saw Burns acting up all excited like he was the reason it wasnt caught i thought "meh, receiver just dropped it." boy did that replay prove me wrong. Sneaky good play of the game right there.

All of the DB injuries could end up being a blessing in disguise. Anyone see how Justin Gilbert did when he was out there?

Rotorhead
10-03-2016, 10:28 AM
Didn't really see much with Gilbert, but to be honest I didnt watch for him. One thing I did notice was when JH and Cam were in together is when we got alot of pressure. I think those two together this season are going to be a challenge for other teams. They either double team JH and Cam gets pressure, or they double team Cam and JH gets pressure. I am liking that going forward this season. I am hoping Dupree makes it back soon so we have the same thing on the other side with Dupree and Tuitt.

tube517
10-03-2016, 11:00 AM
Gilbert was in on dime packages, I think.

Hopefully he stays in Special Teams as a KR.

teegre
10-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Didn't really see much with Gilbert, but to be honest I didnt watch for him. One thing I did notice was when JH and Cam were in together is when we got alot of pressure. I think those two together this season are going to be a challenge for other teams. They either double team JH and Cam gets pressure, or they double team Cam and JH gets pressure. I am liking that going forward this season. I am hoping Dupree makes it back soon so we have the same thing on the other side with Dupree and Tuitt.

Spot on.

Because, currently, Tuitt is taking on a double-team on everything single play. Heyward actually mentioned it (how unselfish Tuitt was being), and that when Tuitt starts getting free, Tuitt will be even more devastating to QBs than he (Heyward) is.

ALLD
10-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Ben deserves the game ball despite his 5 incompletions and being almost 6 points from a perfect QB rating. Not bad, but there is room for improvement. Those 5 incompletes could have been 5 more TD passes.

pczach
10-03-2016, 01:21 PM
Ben deserves the game ball despite his 5 incompletions and being almost 6 points from a perfect QB rating. Not bad, but there is room for improvement. Those 5 incompletes could have been 5 more TD passes.

That's the spirit!

DShell31
10-03-2016, 01:22 PM
Best game I've seen Timmons Play in 3 years. Didn't check the stats.

zulater
10-03-2016, 03:51 PM

Agreed.

SteelMayhem72
10-03-2016, 03:55 PM
imho Timmons is criminally underrated and underappreciated...hes battled injuries as of late but he is usually consistent

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rotorhead
10-03-2016, 05:25 PM
I like the game Timmons had, but I also like what I saw from VWilliams. Showed he is ready to take the helm from Timmons in the near future IMHO. I also liked the depth we have as all the backups that played, played very well.

ALLD
10-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Maybe keep Timmons on a 2-year deal after this season?

86WARD
10-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Dangerfield should get a game all as well...getting no respect...

Devilsdancefloor
10-03-2016, 06:25 PM
butler for attacking

Finney for playing his ass off

Shoes
10-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Dangerfield should get a game all as well...getting no respect...

He sure is a hard hitting player, I like him!