PDA

View Full Version : Worst game since...?

zulater
09-25-2016, 06:28 PM
I'm at a loss. I can't remember the time when a non shitty Steeler team totally crapped the bed like they did today? Offense, defense, special teams all sucked today. Outside of the punter and AB no one played worth a damn.

This one really sucks for me because I live in Eagle territory and I'm going to catch living hell for God knows how long.

hawaiiansteeler
09-25-2016, 06:29 PM
gotta give the Eagles credit, they kicked our asses...

polamalubeast
09-25-2016, 06:30 PM
When the last time,the steelers loss by more than 30 points?

Edman
09-25-2016, 06:30 PM
1997 versus Dallas. Steelers lost 37-7 in Three Rivers.

AtlantaDan
09-25-2016, 06:34 PM
1997 versus Dallas. Steelers lost 37-7 in Three Rivers.

That game or the 2011 season opener against the Ravens (35-7) are the worst beatdowns I recall compare to this

FWIW both of those Steelers teams went on to make the playoffs

zulater
09-25-2016, 06:36 PM

Yeah they did, but I'm not that concerned with them at the moment.

But since you brought it up I really don't think today was reflective of anything more than they had a really good game and we played like shit.

- - - Updated - - -

That game or the 2011 season opener against the Ravens (35-7) are the worst beatdowns I recall compare to this

That would be the "leader" in the clubhouse for me. Pretty crappy game. What year was that?

AtlantaDan
09-25-2016, 06:37 PM

But since you brought it up I really don't think today was reflective of anything more than they had a really good game and we played like shit.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be the "leader" in the clubhouse for me. Pretty crappy game. What year was that?

2011 coming off a third Super Bowl appearance in 6 seasons - that 2011 team peaked in October with a victory over the Pats in Heinz - Ben then got hurt again and Tebow beat then in the playoffs

hawaiiansteeler
09-25-2016, 06:39 PM

I was more referring to how to handle all the crap you're gonna have to take from those Eagles fans. in this case I think you just have to be humble and give them credit and admit they were the better team today, as difficult as that may be to do.

Steel Peon
09-25-2016, 06:45 PM
FWIW both of those Steelers teams went on to make the playoffs

Not to mention the 2008 squad that got thoroughly whupped in Philly, in also the 3rd game of the season which was a 4pm game, and I'm sure we all remember that team.

pczach
09-25-2016, 06:46 PM

Yep. The Eagles played great today, and the Steelers just had a crappy day where everything that could go wrong did. They made a ton of mistakes.

I don't want to crush the defense too badly today. They have a ton of people out and playing hurt. I think there are a ton of missing pieces that contributed to what happened today.

DE Heyward- playing on high ankle sprain
MLB Shazier- played the entire game hurt on first Eagle drive- left game on and off (knee)
MLB Timmons- went to hospital with shin injury
OLB J Jones- left game with injury-came back later
OLB J Harrison- limping around most of the game
OLB Dupree- out until midseason
S Golden- left game injured
CB Golson- out till midseason

TE Green- out until further notice
G Foster- left game chest injury
WR Bryant- suspended for the year
RB Bell- suspended until next game

tube517
09-25-2016, 06:57 PM
I still remember the back to back embarrasing losses in 1995. A loss to the expansion Jaguars and then a loss to a bad hapless Bungles team. Both teams were far worse than this Eagles team.

They rebounded and went on a 8-1 run to the AFCC and a Super Bowl appearance.

steelerdude15
09-25-2016, 07:43 PM
There are even games in recent history that were awful. The game against the Patriots in 2013 and the second Ravens game last year.

Edman
09-25-2016, 07:59 PM
There are even games in recent history that were awful. The game against the Patriots in 2013 and the second Ravens game last year.

Both games were mildly competitive. The Patriots game was tied at 24 at one point.

We're talking about games were the Steelers were thoroughly destroyed from start to finish.

steelerdude15
09-25-2016, 08:13 PM
Both games were mildly competitive. The Patriots game was tied at 24 at one point.

We're talking about games were the Steelers were thoroughly destroyed from start to finish.

Yeah, but in that 2013 game, the Steelers gave up 610 yards and 55 points. That is being destroyed in my eyes.

lipps83
09-25-2016, 08:15 PM

There aren't that many to talk about, thankfully.

DesertSteel
09-25-2016, 08:23 PM
Eagles are the better team. Better coached. Better execution. Better team.

tube517
09-25-2016, 08:26 PM
Yep. The Eagles played great today, and the Steelers just had a crappy day where everything that could go wrong did. They made a ton of mistakes.

I don't want to crush the defense too badly today. They have a ton of people out and playing hurt. I think there are a ton of missing pieces that contributed to what happened today.

DE Heyward- playing on high ankle sprain
MLB Shazier- played the entire game hurt on first Eagle drive- left game on and off (knee)
MLB Timmons- went to hospital with shin injury
OLB J Jones- left game with injury-came back later
OLB J Harrison- limping around most of the game
OLB Dupree- out until midseason
S Golden- left game injured
CB Golson- out till midseason

TE Green- out until further notice
G Foster- left game chest injury
WR Bryant- suspended for the year
RB Bell- suspended until next game

Add Mike Mitchell and Eli Rogers to the injury list. Also, Marcus Gilbert is playing with an injury and plans to play through the season with it.
Not making excuses but that's the reality of this list.
Shazier re-aggravated his MCL. That does not sound good.

EzraTank
09-25-2016, 08:35 PM
Not to mention the 2008 squad that got thoroughly whupped in Philly, in also the 3rd game of the season which was a 4pm game, and I'm sure we all remember that team.

Yeah, what I remember about that 2008 team is they had a DEFENSE and a James Harrison that was 8 years younger. This year's squad has NO defense. A rookie walked up and down the field on them ALL day.

Edman
09-25-2016, 09:09 PM
Yeah, what I remember about that 2008 team is they had a DEFENSE and a James Harrison that was 8 years younger. This year's squad has NO defense. A rookie walked up and down the field on them ALL day.

We also had an offense that could score more than three points.

pczach
09-26-2016, 06:05 AM
The most disturbing part of this loss was the offensive line getting dominated. That was an embarrassing performance. I know Foster was out and Gilbert was banged up, but the OL was horrific today. That was supposed to stabilize the offense and make the points output consistent. If they continue to play anywhere near that badly, the offense is in trouble and Ben is in serious risk of getting hurt. Not an acceptable performance because they were getting dominated with Philly rushing just 4.

Not good. They better clean that up and communicate better.

I say it all the time, but Todd Haley and Ben better start using more play action to give the OL a chance to get in front of the rushers. What's the use of having great running backs if you don't threaten the defense with a handoff?

86WARD
09-26-2016, 06:30 AM
DeCastro was manhandled on several occasions.