PDA

View Full Version : Five Questions: Week 1

stillers4me
09-12-2010, 06:26 AM
By: Mike Bires

Beaver County Times
Sunday September 12, 2010 12:12 AM

Will the Steelers scale down the playbook with Dennis Dixon starting at quarterback?
There are conflicting reports. On Monday when he named Dixon the starter, coach Mike Tomlin said “The whole playbook.” Then Wednesday when talking to the Atlanta media, Tomlin said, “We’re not reducing the playbook because of his youth or inexperience. More than anything if there’s any reduction of the playbook, it’s simply because it’s that time of year. Early in the year, we want to make sure that we’re playing good, sound fundamental football and we’re playing fast. In order to do that, we’ve got to do things that we’re all comfortable with. If there’s any reduction in the playbook in this game specifically, it’s for those reasons. Wide receiver Hines Ward added that “We just simplified a lot of things. We’re not going to give Dennis too much … things he’s comfortable with.” Dixon, a third-year pro, is making just his second pro appearance.

Which team will run the ball most effectively today?
The Steelers have historically been one of the NFL’s toughest teams to run against. Last year, they ranked third in rushing defense................

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2010/september/12/five-questions-week-1.html

solardave
09-12-2010, 07:02 AM
Should be a good game. I'm glad it will be on here in KY. I think the one major key is stopping Turner and whoever else is running for Atlanta, forcing Ryan to beat us. Second is pressure on Ryan. Even if we throw his timing off but sacks would be better.
On offense we need to run the ball, second we need to run the ball. I see Dixon rolling out a lot and using a moving pocket so to speak. I see us using Memo a lot in these first 4 games throwing screens. I also see if Mendy is not productive it would be a good idea to put Redman (or Dwyer) in to see if we can soften up the defense.

ALLD
09-12-2010, 08:03 AM
Dump the ball off to Mendy out of the backfield as the safety valve. Mix the plays up and don't make running the ball so "Arians obvious".

solardave
09-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Dump the ball off to Mendy out of the backfield as the safety valve. Mix the plays up and don't make running the ball so "Arians obvious".

I forgot to mention the parts where Arians yells out to Dixon. "Run the ball this play!!!":nervous: I just think they are preparing for Mendy and Redman or Dwyer might have to step up. Of course this is assuming Arains thinks of it instead of we tried running twice and it didn't work so let's air it out at all cost.

Whoa, how easy is it to turn this into an Arians is an idiot thread? Excuse me.:rolleyes: