PDA

View Full Version : Odell Beckham Jr. or Antonio Brown : Better WR?

polamalubeast
09-14-2016, 12:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRJi3CbEvqU

BlackAndGold
09-14-2016, 01:10 PM
If Max wants to use the logic that Brown plays with a better supporting cast, then that make's the case that Julio Jones is the best WR in the game.

Average QB
Below Average O-line
average #2 WR (last season old Roddy White was the #2 receiver, and he hasn't even been signed yet)

And only Atlanta fans believe Jones is the best.

slippy
09-14-2016, 01:10 PM
where's the "who's better ... ezekiel elliot or le'veon bell"

morons.

should be "who's got the better hair stylist"

polamalubeast
09-14-2016, 01:23 PM

teegre
09-14-2016, 02:24 PM
Tomlin really wanted ODB.

During the draft, he called the NYGiants, in order to trade up for him. The NYGiants asked who the Steelers were looking at, and Tomlin told them. Then, they waited a little bit... and took ODB themselves. :doh:

Imagine AB and ODB on the same offense. Wow!!!... just wow!!!!!

SteelMember
09-14-2016, 02:35 PM
Tomlin really wanted ODB.

During the draft, he called the NYGiants, in order to trade up for him. The NYGiants asked who the Steelers were looking at, and Tomlin told them. Then, they waited a little bit... and took ODB themselves. :doh:

Imagine AB and ODB on the same offense. Wow!!!... just wow!!!!!

And if we did, we'd lose one after their rookie contract because we couldn't afford both as a luxury. Historically, we only pay one guy as "the guy". Their success at drafting later round WR's has only helped fortify that line of thinking. But yeah, those 3 years could have been something. :chuckle:

steelerkitty
09-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Is this really even a Legit question ? I mean there isn't even an argument...it's Brown by a WIDE margin. Brown, unlike ODB is a self made man. A forgotten prospect who was taken in round 6, and has battled his way to the top. Having three seasons in a row of LEGEND statistics. ODB is a great talent yes. But he does not have the pedigree or numbers YET that Antonio has.

Craic
09-14-2016, 03:10 PM
There's a legitimate argument there . . . and I've asked it before: by how much does Ben R. make AB better? I'd say, probably 3-5 percent better; that boost from very good to top three. The problem, however, is that first TD pass from Ben should have been intercepted. Watch the replay, it was short, and fell through the arms of the defender. Brown, however, slowed down, came back to the ball, and fought for it, catching it for a TD. So, Brown also makes Ben much better.

IMO, the only thing holding Brown back from being the next Jerry Rice is having his career cut short by injury, or Ben's replacement being unable to deliver the ball. And, if you noticed in the last broadcast, I'm not the only one making those comparisons anymore.

Hawkman
09-14-2016, 03:19 PM
There's a legitimate argument there . . . and I've asked it before: by how much does Ben R. make AB better? I'd say, probably 3-5 percent better; that boost from very good to top three. The problem, however, is that first TD pass from Ben should have been intercepted. Watch the replay, it was short, and fell through the arms of the defender. Brown, however, slowed down, came back to the ball, and fought for it, catching it for a TD. So, Brown also makes Ben much better

IMO, the only thing holding Brown back from being the next Jerry Rice is having his career cut short by injury, or Ben's replacement being unable to deliver the ball. And, if you noticed in the last broadcast, I'm not the only one making those comparisons anymore.

The only thing......I don't think Jerry Rice ever twerked in the end zone,:heh:

SteelerFanInStl
09-14-2016, 03:51 PM
There's a legitimate argument there . . . and I've asked it before: by how much does Ben R. make AB better? I'd say, probably 3-5 percent better; that boost from very good to top three. The problem, however, is that first TD pass from Ben should have been intercepted. Watch the replay, it was short, and fell through the arms of the defender. Brown, however, slowed down, came back to the ball, and fought for it, catching it for a TD. So, Brown also makes Ben much better.

Should have been intercepted? I'll disagree with that. I've watched that play many times. It wasn't a perfectly thrown pass but it was thrown past the defender. Brown slowed up a bit to come back to it but the defender was never going to catch that ball. Saying the it should've been intercepted is a real stretch.

Does Brown make Ben better? Of course he does. It goes both ways.

Psycho Ward 86
09-14-2016, 03:53 PM
And if we did, we'd lose one after their rookie contract because we couldn't afford both as a luxury. Historically, we only pay one guy as "the guy". Their success at drafting later round WR's has only helped fortify that line of thinking. But yeah, those 3 years could have been something. :chuckle:

but we would also have at least one extra superbowl and that would be worth it in my book

86WARD
09-14-2016, 04:23 PM
Brown is better. ODB is living off that one catch. He's not even the second best WR in the league IMO...Julio Jones and AB are better than him IMO.

SteelerFanInStl
09-14-2016, 04:54 PM
Brown is better. ODB is living off that one catch. He's not even the second best WR in the league IMO...Julio Jones and AB are better than him IMO.

I'd go so far as to say that OBJ (ODB = 'Ol Dirty Bastard) is battling to even be top 5. AB, Julio, Hopkins, AJ Green and then take your pick between OBJ, Robinson, Marshall, Thomas, etc.

Born2Steel
09-14-2016, 05:36 PM
Not sure about the debate, but the Ben/Antonio connection is the best in football right now. TEAM!

polamalubeast
09-14-2016, 06:54 PM

pczach
09-14-2016, 08:30 PM
I guess Kellerman doesn't understand that since Beckham has been in the league, the Giants have sucked. They have been down in many games, and Eli has been throwing the ball all around the stadium in catch up mode.

Beckham has a ton more meaningless yards and touchdowns at garbage time than AB.

AB plays in a tougher division with better defenses and better teams in general.

Beckham is a very good receiver, but nobody has been given more hype than him. The Gotham fan base dictates that, but the rest of us aren't required to buy the bullshit. If he was playing in Jacksonville, and Allen Robinson was playing in New York, who do you think we would be hearing about more?

polamalubeast
09-14-2016, 08:36 PM

No doubt Odell Beckham Jr is a great WR but Julio Jones is better.The fact that Julio is in Atlanta is one of the reason why he is sometimes forgotten.

teegre
09-15-2016, 06:25 AM

I'm not picking on you, but I don't understand when people are afraid to have "too many good" players... because "we have to pay them."

I would much rather have to decide which player to pay, than have one good player and one scrub. Case in point: I'd rather that Jarvis Jones had been a monster (15 sacks/season) and then lose him to free agency... as opposed to what he is now (not very good).

In other words, as you said, even if we had lost ODB after his rookie contract, I'd rather have five great seasons from him... than none at all.

SteelMember
09-15-2016, 01:07 PM
I'm not picking on you, but I don't understand when people are afraid to have "too many good" players... because "we have to pay them."

I would much rather have to decide which player to pay, than have one good player and one scrub. Case in point: I'd rather that Jarvis Jones had been a monster (15 sacks/season) and then lose him to free agency... as opposed to what he is now (not very good).

In other words, as you said, even if we had lost ODB after his rookie contract, I'd rather have five great seasons from him... than none at all.

Don't confuse my tongue in cheek context with "all players".

SteelMember
09-15-2016, 01:17 PM
but we would also have at least one extra superbowl and that would be worth it in my book

I don't think you can extrapolate that outcome... I don't recall one year when anyone ever said "if we only had another receiver, that would be the missing piece"...

tube517
09-15-2016, 01:22 PM
I don't think you can extrapolate that outcome... I don't recall one year when anyone ever said "if we only had another receiver, that would be the missing piece"...

:tomlinism: :chuckle:

pczach
09-15-2016, 02:47 PM
:tomlinism: :chuckle:

:rofl2:

This place has gone crazy with Tomlinisms! Love it! :peace:

- - - Updated - - -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6t64-pCUAARbRO.jpg

86WARD
09-15-2016, 04:22 PM
Brown has more chunkability than OBJ.

Count Steeler
09-15-2016, 06:03 PM
Get back to us when OBJ puts up numbers close to Brown. Brown is starting to hit Rice territory. Maybe he isn't on the same field yet, but at least he is in the ball park.

teegre
09-15-2016, 07:25 PM
Get back to us when OBJ puts up numbers close to Brown. Brown is starting to hit Rice territory. Maybe he isn't on the same field yet, but at least he is in the ball park.

AB's the foot fuckin' master.

Craic
09-15-2016, 09:59 PM
Should have been intercepted? I'll disagree with that. I've watched that play many times. It wasn't a perfectly thrown pass but it was thrown past the defender. Brown slowed up a bit to come back to it but the defender was never going to catch that ball. Saying the it should've been intercepted is a real stretch.

Does Brown make Ben better? Of course he does. It goes both ways.
Well since it literally went right through the arms of the DB, I'd say he probably should have intercepted it.

As far as making each other better goes, I think that's what a lot of people miss about sports, especially in the era of fantasy sports. A team doesn't become a great team until the whole becomes greater than the sum of its parts. Rice and Montana made each other better. Bradshaw and Swann made each other better. Mark Malone and Louis Lipps . . . wait, never mind that one.

fansince'76
09-15-2016, 10:53 PM
Brown is the best WR in the league at the moment. Period. There really is no debate.

86WARD
09-16-2016, 07:39 AM
OBJ is living off that catch...but every week I see catches as good if not better than that. Zach Ertz had a ridiculous catch last week. Just as good if not better than OBJ and it too was one handed.

LloydWoodson
09-16-2016, 08:13 AM
Brown is better. Brown catches just over 70% of his targets while OBJ catches just over 60%. Brown gets more targets but that is largely due to how much Ben trusts him. Brown got 38 more targets last year.

Ben and Eli came into the NFL the same year and Eli has more passing yards and TDs do I don't buy that playing with Eli is a disadvantage statistically.

The chemistry Ben and AB have is largely due to AB's precise routes and reliable hands.

teegre
09-16-2016, 09:37 AM
In the late 80s/early 90s, these were common debate topics for sports media:

Who is better: Jerry Rice or Michael Irvin?
Who is better: Jerry Rice or Tim Brown?
Who is better: Jerry Rice or Sterling Sharpe?

Similarly, two seasons ago:
Who is better: AB or Megatron?

Last year:
Who is better: AB or Julio Jones?

This year:
Who is better: AB or ODB?

SUMMATION:
If you want to know who is best, look at the intersection of both sets of Venn diagrams.

Psycho Ward 86
09-16-2016, 10:39 AM

Last year:

This year:

SUMMATION:
If you want to know who is best, look at the intersection of both sets of Venn diagrams.

Now that my friends, is a mic drop

tube517
09-16-2016, 10:59 AM

Last year:

This year:

SUMMATION:

http://heritageaction.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Strawman.jpg :chuckle: :hippo:

Craic
09-16-2016, 12:34 PM
As an aside, I used to say that Hines Ward, had he had more talent and was a bit faster, could have been the next Jerry Rice. By that, I mean he had the work ethic and the focus—something few people ever have to the degree needed to become a Jerry Rice.

Funny thing is . . . now we have a receiver who just might have the talent and speed, and also the work ethic. Again, only time will tell, but I think ABs trajectory is to Jerry Rice levels.

86WARD
09-16-2016, 04:31 PM
http://heritageaction.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Strawman.jpg :chuckle: :hippo:

I stared at that picture hoping it was a .gif...lol.

86WARD
09-16-2016, 04:34 PM
As an aside, I used to say that Hines Ward, had he had more talent and was a bit faster, could have been the next Jerry Rice. By that, I mean he had the work ethic and the focus—something few people ever have to the degree needed to become a Jerry Rice.

Funny thing is . . . now we have a receiver who just might have the talent and speed, and also the work ethic. Again, only time will tell, but I think ABs trajectory is to Jerry Rice levels.

If Ward were in a high octane offense, he may have appeared to have that talent that you speak of. With some of the trash and mush mash that was put out there, Ward did pretty damn good with what he had. Take him in his prime and put him on this team in say Rogers spot...oh man. He will forever go down as the slowest WR in history to run the bubble screen...lol.

tube517
09-16-2016, 04:35 PM
If Ward were in a high octane offense, he may have appeared to have that talent that you speak of. With some of the trash and mush mash that was put out there, Ward did pretty damn good with what he had. Take him in his prime and put him on this team in say Rogers spot...oh man. He will forever go down as the slowest WR in history to run the bubble screen...lol.

Jerrico Cotchery may have taken that crown in 2013 :chuckle:

LloydWoodson
09-16-2016, 08:07 PM
Good point Teegre.

The real debate should be whether OBJ or AB have worse dance moves though.

GRAYGHOST668
09-16-2016, 08:31 PM
hmmmm,,,well we have Brown and he has been awesome,,,Beckham on the other hand is in a entirely different offensive scheme ,,,,he could suck with the Steelers and the same could be said about Brown with the Giants,,,,in my opinion Eli Manning is not half the QB Ben is,,,,,,,,who knows,, I am happy with who we have,,,,,

ETL
09-18-2016, 12:49 AM
AB is clearly better - why? - every single Fantasy football draft this year had AB taken with the #1 pick. Every single fantasy football ranking had AB as the number one ranked player - even though its a running back dominated game. Even the Cleveland Browns fan in my fantasy league who had the first pick and hates the Steelers with a passion took AB. No question - he is the #1 WR.

Odell is good. He's just not AB good.

(In my view - the Best Picture Oscar Award should go to the one that made the most money - i.e. most people went and saw it. I don't need a bunch of Hollywood asswipes telling me what the best movie should be - the people who spend their own money can tell you that)

86WARD
09-18-2016, 07:50 AM
It's actually not a RB dominated game. Not with the way the NFL is now.

BigNastyDefense
09-18-2016, 09:10 AM
It's really comparing apples to oranges at the same position.

AB is a smaller receiver who is really really fast and runs precise routes.

OBJ is a bigger receiver who doesn't run the precise routes but doesn't have to because of his size and freak athleticism.

Some of the catches AB makes, OBJ can't make because he's not that type of receiver and some of the catches OBJ makes AB wouldn't make because physically he can't do it.

I would say AB is the best receiver in the league, and that's not just me being a biased Steelers fan. The guy is an absolute beast.

And as for second best, I'd say Julio Jones is probably the second best receiver in the league. And then probably AJ Green.

Mojouw
09-18-2016, 10:14 AM
Ab and obj are about the exact same size. Still agree with your assessment though.

Kittyfish
09-23-2016, 02:32 PM
Not that I don't agree with y'all, but I'm willing to bet the answers would be quite different if this question was asked on a Giants fan board. :-)

Craic
09-23-2016, 03:28 PM
Not that I don't agree with y'all, but I'm willing to bet the answers would be quite different if this question was asked on a Giants fan board. :-)
Yep.

And I still stay AB is the best. :chuckle:

DesertSteel
09-23-2016, 06:06 PM

AB makes Ben better too....... let's not lose sight of that.

86WARD
09-23-2016, 06:15 PM
Brown dances and talks too much.

hawaiiansteeler
09-23-2016, 07:07 PM
Brown dances and talks too much.

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2326132/beckflag.0.gif

Craic
09-23-2016, 10:04 PM
AB makes Ben better too....... let's not lose sight of that.

Um . . .

The problem, however, is that first TD pass from Ben should have been intercepted. Watch the replay, it was short, and fell through the arms of the defender. Brown, however, slowed down, came back to the ball, and fought for it, catching it for a TD. So, Brown also makes Ben much better.

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I said.

fansince'76
09-23-2016, 11:06 PM

It's our right as Steelers homers. :chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
09-26-2016, 05:12 PM
if you think AB can be a diva...

McAdoo: Odell Beckham needs to be “less of a distraction”

http://www.bigblueview.com/2016/9/26/13062298/ny-giants-news-mcadoo-odell-beckham-needs-to-be-less-of-a-distraction

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7163263/beckrage.0.gif

86WARD
09-26-2016, 06:58 PM
The worst thing to happen to Beckham was that one handed catch. I wouldn't be surprised if he fizzles out by 2017...see CJ2k for an example.

fansince'76
09-27-2016, 08:22 AM
https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7163263/beckrage.0.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

tube517
09-27-2016, 09:10 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/7HMt44-tyz5u7oHZlMhO3C-F1mO_Ten3UbQsvs9EWtlDcCeWgUQBSwMTZAy4oG8DUS2U6Rhqo bE=w1920-h1200-rw-no

tube517
09-27-2016, 11:54 AM
http://dailysnark.com/someone-made-mortal-kombat-fight-match-odell-beckham-kicking-net/

:chuckle:

LloydWoodson
09-30-2016, 08:21 AM
Can Odell have ONE 100 catch season before he gets compared to AB? AB getting 130 catches a year.

To be fair AB would be better off with a dink and dunk QB than Ben. I don't think he would have better stats but Ben is more of a down field QB. Julio would be a better fit for Ben.

j-d-s
10-02-2016, 03:45 AM
Or Megatron. Just throw the ball up, that guy could even catch it in triple coverage.

hawaiiansteeler
10-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Can Odell have ONE 100 catch season before he gets compared to AB? AB getting 130 catches a year.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CX0lQFEWkAAoiFM.jpg

LloydWoodson
10-04-2016, 08:33 AM
I can't even begin to tell you how little current day NFL records impress me.

NYG threw 1230 times in Beckham's first two years. Beckham was targeted 288 times.

Minn threw 1033 times in Moss' first two years. Moss targeted 261 times.

Every old record will be broken in today's NFL.

Beckham having 18 more yards on 27 more targets doesn't surprise me.

Also Brown has 3,532 yards over the last two years once again surpassing Beckham. Of course he had a staggering 374 targets.

My opinion is that AB is the best in the NFL based on his consistency and focus. There are other receivers in the same echelon like Beckham and especially Julio Jones. Also Green, Marshall, Nelson, DT etc.

No receiver is more athletically gifted than Julio.

It's just preference there isn't a wrong answer.

- - - Updated - - -

I do wonder what kind of numbers Moss would have put up in Detroit or New Orleans in the last 5 years if he was in his prime. I can't see him not getting 2,000 yards.

Moose
10-04-2016, 09:17 AM
My opinion, A.Brown. Go Steeler's.

LloydWoodson
10-04-2016, 09:34 AM
Also shout out to Xavier Rhodes for holding Beckham to 23 yards on 3 catches out of 9 targets last night. Most people thought Rhodes was going to be a Steeler... nope... Jarvis Jones.

Watch Beckham take himself out of the game by having his 1 v 1 pissing match be more important than the team. Watch him give up an INT as he runs down field, hits Rhodes and then gives up on the route like Mike Wallace at 2:08.

https://youtu.be/hfZ54yKgsmA

Born2Steel
10-04-2016, 10:11 AM
The one that wears Steelers colors on game day, obviously.

86WARD
10-04-2016, 03:15 PM
The more I see this thread the more my blood starts to boil. The guy isn't a superstar. There's AB and Julio and then there's a HUGE GAP and then there's s bunch of other guys. OBJ being one of them. He's a "superstar" because he had a one handed catch in national TV. There's better catches every week, but for some reason his catch got blown up to be this tremendous thing. He's not a great receiver...he's obsessed with making one handed catches but the guy makes a lot of drops...

I'd go so far as to say he's not even in the Top-5 receivers in the league. I'd take Hopkins over Beckham. Probably would take Marshall and Diggs before OBJ as is.

86WARD
10-04-2016, 03:25 PM
I'd take Keenan Allen over OBJ as well. Marshall would take more thought...

Maybe even Demaryus Thomas too...

BlackAndGold
10-04-2016, 03:41 PM
AB, Jones, Green, Hopkins are the only receivers I'd take over Odell.

He's struggling right now, and this Giant's team has a no true leader(Can't see Eli telling him to stfu) that can help straighten him up. He's just 23 years old. The guy is a superstar for sure, stats prove that.

SteelerFanInStl
10-04-2016, 04:41 PM
OBJ is a superstar talent with a 10 cent head. He thinks that everything is about him and can't get out of his own way. How long before he starts pointing the finger at Eli and the OC for him not putting up huge numbers?

tube517
10-04-2016, 05:10 PM
T.O.dell Beckham Jr. will be doing sit ups on his driveway during his contract holdout in front of reporters, feud w/Eli, and become jealous of Eli's meetings with Victor Cruz while he's not around

Mojouw
10-04-2016, 06:55 PM
This kind of stuff is why the Tomlin and coaching staff bashing stuff gets me worked up. When does this happen on this team? Almost never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawaiiansteeler
10-05-2016, 02:44 AM
Odell Beckham Jr. frustrated, says he's 'not having fun anymore'

ESPN.com news services

Odell Beckham Jr. is frustrated with the increased amount of attention on his behavior during games and said he is "not having fun anymore" playing football.

to read rest of article:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17714659/odell-beckham-jr-new-york-giants-frustrated-says-not-having-fun-anymore

86WARD
10-05-2016, 07:29 AM
AB, Jones, Green, Hopkins are the only receivers I'd take over Odell.

He's struggling right now, and this Giant's team has a no true leader(Can't see Eli telling him to stfu) that can help straighten him up. He's just 23 years old. The guy is a superstar for sure, stats prove that.

I totally forgot AJ Green I definitely take him over OBJ.

OBJ drops so many passes because he tries to catch them one-handed instead of using two hands. A lot of his balls dinner dropped or because of that. And it's not like he can't use two hands he tries to use one.

AB, Jones, green, Hopkins, Diggs and then maybe OBJ. He's far from Top-3.

SteelerFanInStl
10-05-2016, 10:04 AM
I totally forgot AJ Green I definitely take him over OBJ.

OBJ drops so many passes because he tries to catch them one-handed instead of using two hands. A lot of his balls dinner dropped or because of that. And it's not like he can't use two hands he tries to use one.

AB, Jones, green, Hopkins, Diggs and then maybe OBJ. He's far from Top-3.

I'm not sure why you're putting Diggs so high. He hasn't proven anything yet. I wouldn't even put him in the top 10.

Mojouw
10-05-2016, 11:22 AM
I'm not sure why you're putting Diggs so high. He hasn't proven anything yet. I wouldn't even put him in the top 10.

Gotta support the Diggs ranking. If I was starting a franchise tomorrow - I would give serious consideration to building a WR corps around Diggs. Only guy in the league that looks to be able to rival AB for being open all the time and catches anything within about a mile and a half.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/minnesota-vikings-stefon-diggs-mike-wallace-antonio-brown-comparison-doubles-down-100615

SteelerFanInStl
10-05-2016, 12:42 PM
Gotta support the Diggs ranking. If I was starting a franchise tomorrow - I would give serious consideration to building a WR corps around Diggs. Only guy in the league that looks to be able to rival AB for being open all the time and catches anything within about a mile and a half.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/minnesota-vikings-stefon-diggs-mike-wallace-antonio-brown-comparison-doubles-down-100615

That wasn't the question. This is supposed to be a ranking of who's the best in the NFL right now. Diggs has a lot of promise, but he's not top 10 in the NFL right now IMO.

Mojouw
10-05-2016, 01:03 PM
That wasn't the question. This is supposed to be a ranking of who's the best in the NFL right now. Diggs has a lot of promise, but he's not top 10 in the NFL right now IMO.

Fair enough. I figure the only thing holding Diggs back from overtaking ODB Jr. as the "next big thing" at WR is Minnesota's offense is kinda stone age. Bradford seems to be on a one man mission to change that. I figure that by the end of this season we are all going to wondering why the Steelers didn't draft Antonio Brown 2.0 in 2015 instead of the immortal Doran Grant!

teegre
10-05-2016, 02:26 PM
I saw a Maryland game in 2014, and WOW!!! Diggs looked like a R1 pick... expect, his QB and the majority of his surrounding team were complete garbage. Ergo, I knew that he would drop to the second day (he actually dropped all the way into R5).

I was mocking DBs (two CBS and a SS)... and with AB, Bryant, and Wheaton, I did not think that the Steelers would draft a WR (even though they did indeed draft Sammie Coates).

I like Coates... he has size & speed. But, man alive, if they had gotten Diggs. Woo!!!

SteelerFanInStl
10-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Fair enough. I figure the only thing holding Diggs back from overtaking ODB Jr. as the "next big thing" at WR is Minnesota's offense is kinda stone age. Bradford seems to be on a one man mission to change that. I figure that by the end of this season we are all going to wondering why the Steelers didn't draft Antonio Brown 2.0 in 2015 instead of the immortal Doran Grant!

I do like Diggs. The addition of Bradford to that offense has been a big plus for him and Rudolph. It'll be interesting to see what the Vikings do when Bridgewater comes back.

Born2Steel
10-05-2016, 06:49 PM
I do like Diggs. The addition of Bradford to that offense has been a big plus for him and Rudolph. It'll be interesting to see what the Vikings do when Bridgewater comes back.

I agree that will be a tough choice if things continue to go well for the Vikings. The knock on Bradford has always been that he can't stay on the field. That may sway the vote to Teddy.

If somebody had told me the Vikings would lose AP and Bridgewater this early and be undefeated, and playing this well offensively, I wouldn't have thought them worthy of response. I understand the D is playing lights out, but this team has come together and kept it going. Nice job by the coaches.

86WARD
10-05-2016, 07:31 PM

If you watch Diggs play and watch OBJ play, Diggs is a much better route runner, much, much, much better fundamentally and he's far from a basket case. Diggs knows how to catch the ball with two hands. OBJ knows how to catch the ball with one hand.

Not sure you heard OBJs comments today but the guy is pretty much losing his mind week by week. He had one good season that was capped off by his one handed catch. If that catch happens on a regular 1pm Sunday game...its business as usual.

I'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

BlackAndGold
10-05-2016, 07:45 PM
Diggs is not a better route runner than OBJ. And no, Diggs isn't better "fundamentally" either.

OBJ can catch with two hands, but has the amazing ability to catch with one. (He's well known to consistency bring in tough catches, either it being one handed, or two handed)

And OBJ has had two great seasons. And it's still early in the season, he'll be fine. Last year he didn't start off to well either.

hawaiiansteeler
10-06-2016, 02:25 AM
Brandon Marshall warns Giants over their treatment of Odell Beckham, Jr.

Posted by Mike Florio on October 5, 2016

https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/ap_16279780451589-e1475714571345.jpg?w=208

As one New York NFL team realizes that it has a potential problem at receiver, a New York receiver who has been deemed a problem on three prior NFL teams has some free advice.

Tread lightly.

“Those guys over there need to be really careful,” Jets receiver Brandon Marshall said regarding the Giants and receiver Odell Beckham Jr., via Daniel Popper of the New York Daily News. “They don’t need to be speaking out on their teammate. They need to keep that in-house, because they can lose him. They need to rally behind him and give him the support he needs and handle that stuff in-house, whether good or bad. Because whether they like it or not, he’s the best player on that team.”

In the past week, both coach Ben McAdoo and quarterback Eli Manning have publicly expressed concerns regarding the manner in which Beckham deals with adversity.

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/05/brandon-marshall-warns-giants-over-their-treatment-of-odell-beckham-jr/

teegre
10-06-2016, 06:35 AM
What if...

Tomlin had successfully traded up for ODB.

And... the Steelers had drafted Diggs.

And... Bryant wasn't suspended.

Line up Bell in the back field, and go four wide:
AB, ODB, Diggs, and Bryant. :nod:

SteelerFanInStl
10-06-2016, 07:30 AM
If you watch Diggs play and watch OBJ play, Diggs is a much better route runner, much, much, much better fundamentally and he's far from a basket case. Diggs knows how to catch the ball with two hands. OBJ knows how to catch the ball with one hand.

Not sure you heard OBJs comments today but the guy is pretty much losing his mind week by week. He had one good season that was capped off by his one handed catch. If that catch happens on a regular 1pm Sunday game...its business as usual.

I'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

My post didn't say anything about OBJ. I simply said that Diggs isn't a top 5 NFL receiver yet. Shouldn't we at least wait until he has a couple of 1000 yard seasons before throwing him into the top 5? At least OBJ has done that.

I'm not a fan of OBJ but it's because of his attitude and the way that he acts rather than his football performance. He is an extremely talented football player though.

86WARD
10-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Diggs is not a better route runner than OBJ. And no, Diggs isn't better "fundamentally" either.

OBJ can catch with two hands, but has the amazing ability to catch with one. (He's well known to consistency bring in tough catches, either it being one handed, or two handed)

And OBJ has had two great seasons. And it's still early in the season, he'll be fine. Last year he didn't start off to well either.

You couldn't be more wrong. Sorry. You clearly haven't watched Diggs play and you haven't watched Beckham this season. He's dropped two touchdowns this season trying to be cute with his catches. Beckham is on pace to have a very similar season to what he did last year but he's a very sloppy receiver...and clearly a head case...lol.

86WARD
10-06-2016, 08:09 PM
My post didn't say anything about OBJ. I simply said that Diggs isn't a top 5 NFL receiver yet. Shouldn't we at least wait until he has a couple of 1000 yard seasons before throwing him into the top 5? At least OBJ has done that.

I'm not a fan of OBJ but it's because of his attitude and the way that he acts rather than his football performance. He is an extremely talented football player though.

I didn't say Diggs was a Top-5 receiver...I said I'd take him over Beckham. His upside/ceiling at this stage is much better than Beckham's. He's one of 5 I would take over Beckham...he's not necessarily Top-5. He is fundamentally better than Beckham though and less of a diva/basket case. He's also probably having fun...

BlackAndGold
10-06-2016, 09:38 PM
You couldn't be more wrong. Sorry. You clearly haven't watched Diggs play and you haven't watched Beckham this season. He's dropped two touchdowns this season trying to be cute with his catches. Beckham is on pace to have a very similar season to what he did last year but he's a very sloppy receiver...and clearly a head case...lol.

We are beginning week 5 of the season. You're overacting tbh.

86WARD
10-06-2016, 10:26 PM
Not really. Beckham has been playing a few seasons.

SteelerFanInStl
10-07-2016, 07:34 AM
I didn't say Diggs was a Top-5 receiver...I said I'd take him over Beckham. His upside/ceiling at this stage is much better than Beckham's. He's one of 5 I would take over Beckham...he's not necessarily Top-5. He is fundamentally better than Beckham though and less of a diva/basket case. He's also probably having fun...

I hear ya. I wouldn't take OBJ on any team that I was starting either. :drink:

teegre
10-07-2016, 07:48 AM
ODB might be crazy, but I'd still take him.

I'd also take Randy Moss.
And, T.O.
And, Dez Bryant.
And, Chad Ochocinco.

Hawkman
10-07-2016, 08:33 AM
ODB might be crazy, but I'd still take him.

I'd also take Randy Moss.
And, T.O.
And, Dez Bryant.
And, Chad Ochocinco.

I think you're the one that's "crazy"! :chuckle:

86WARD
10-07-2016, 11:44 AM

Who here isn't? If you "think" you're not, there's something wrong with you

teegre
10-07-2016, 02:01 PM

Pffft... you're just jealous that animals talk to me (but not you).

Hawkman
10-07-2016, 02:15 PM
Pffft... you're just jealous that animals talk to me (but not you).

Could be.:crazy::scratchchin:

hawaiiansteeler
10-07-2016, 04:42 PM
Odell Beckham gets $24K fine for unsportsmanlike conduct penalty

Jordan Raanan
ESPN Staff Writer

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. was fined $24,309 for unsportsmanlike conduct Monday night against the Minnesota Vikings, a source told ESPN.

Beckham was flagged for taunting cornerback Xavier Rhodes after he was hit late in the second quarter. Beckham appeared to say something to Rhodes and the official after the play. As a repeat offender, he received the maximum fine for the offense.

The penalty was Beckham's sixth for unsportsmanlike conduct, unnecessary roughness or taunting since entering the league in 2014. It was the third time in four games this season he was fined for his on-field behavior.

Giants receiver Odell Beckham has been fined for his on-field behavior in three of the four games this season. Brace Hemmelgarn-USA TODAY Sports
In Week 1, Beckham was involved in a group celebration that cost him $12,154. In Week 2, he was docked $36,000 for a hit on New Orleans Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro. The most recent fine brings his total to $72,463 through four weeks this season.

to read rest of article:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17740115/odell-beckham-new-york-giants-gets-24309-fine-unsportsmanlike-conduct-minnesota-vikings

86WARD
12-22-2016, 07:29 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161223/fdaf8c5acf50a1fe942ccaacdd98f4d7.png

That doesn't seem accurate...

GBMelBlount
12-22-2016, 07:35 PM
where's the "who's better ... ezekiel elliot or le'veon bell"

morons.

should be "who's got the better hair stylist"

Sure, but would you pay twice as much for a 1% better haircut?

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/sprint-can-you-hear-me-now.jpg

Hawkman
12-22-2016, 07:51 PM
Sure, but would you pay twice as much for a 1% better haircut?

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/sprint-can-you-hear-me-now.jpg

You dug the thread up just for that!!??:rofl2:

Psycho Ward 86
12-22-2016, 07:55 PM

lol what a useless statistic

BlackAndGold
12-22-2016, 08:24 PM
OBJ is probably the most "electrifying" player in the NFL. Not surprised by that stat.

GBMelBlount
12-22-2016, 08:36 PM
You dug the thread up just for that!!??:rofl2:

Well, Ward dug the thread up.

I just hijacked it. :thumbsup:

Hawkman
12-22-2016, 08:56 PM
Well, Ward dug the thread up.

I just hijacked it. :thumbsup:

Sorry didn't look far enough back....but you made laugh out loud......and spit beer.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder if that's considering the 100+ yards AB's been penalized for celebrating. :heh:

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 08:59 PM
Whoever posted that chart above is so full of crap. Beckham has a total of 440 YAC..for a 5.2 average...7th in the NFL ( Not bad ) Antonio has 325 YAC for a average of 3.4 YAC ( 38th ) So that above chart is BS. Oh BTW...Who is the leader in YAC in the entire league ????

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/yards-after-the-catch/2016/

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-22-2016, 09:02 PM
Whoever posted that chart above is so full of crap. Beckham has a total of 440 YAC..for a 5.2 average...7th in the NFL ( Not bad ) Antonio has 325 YAC for a average of 3.4 YAC ( 38th ) So that above chart is BS. Oh BTW...Who is the leader in YAC in the entire league ????

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/yards-after-the-catch/2016/ Coates ?

12-22-2016, 09:20 PM
Well ?

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 09:23 PM
Coates ?

Click on to the link, and read...that is if you can read. I seriously have my doubts.

12-22-2016, 09:27 PM
Click on to the link, and read...that is if you can read. I seriously have my doubts. Haha your something and be even more something if you make the week out even though it's Christmas.

12-22-2016, 09:33 PM
Click on to the link, and read...that is if you can read. I seriously have my doubts. But you just told us in your other post Bell has now business trying to play wr. You confuse me and not cause I can't read but I lack your wisdom and stats.

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 09:35 PM
Haha your something and be even more something if you make the week out even though it's Christmas.

Huh ? Don't know what you mean. You seem to change the subject a lot. Just concentrate on the point of the thread. Like this one. Look, I certainly like Beckham..great talent. Same for Antonio. But that above chart is kinda full of poop. I mean who cares what Beckham's TAC is on a TD catch as opposed to Antonio's...I mean as long as he scores, what difference does it all make ?

12-22-2016, 09:39 PM
Anyhow glad you are around and make the board fun TBR!

- - - Updated - - -

Huh ? Don't know what you mean. You seem to change the subject a lot. Just concentrate on the point of the thread. Like this one. Look, I certainly like Beckham..great talent. Same for Antonio. But that above chart is kinda full of poop. I mean who cares what Beckham's TAC is on a TD catch as opposed to Antonio's...I mean as long as he scores, what difference does it all make ? If you knew the chart was crap then why did you waste time posting it ? See you confuse me again.

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 09:48 PM
Anyhow glad you are around and make the board fun TBR!

- - - Updated - - -

If you knew the chart was crap then why did you waste time posting it ? See you confuse me again.

The chart is not wrong per se. But it is misleading. The poster says that on TD catches, and TD catches only that Beckham has a way better YAC then Antonio and those other WR's. And my point is..who cares ?

Whether a player catches it on the opponets 20 yard line and takes it in, or whether a WR catches the pass in the endzone...where there would be no YAC...what's the difference ?...They both scored a TD right ?

12-22-2016, 10:21 PM
The chart is not wrong per se. But it is misleading. The poster says that on TD catches, and TD catches only that Beckham has a way better YAC then Antonio and those other WR's. And my point is..who cares ?

Whether a player catches it on the opponets 20 yard line and takes it in, or whether a WR catches the pass in the endzone...where there would be no YAC...what's the difference ?...They both scored a TD right ? Thank you!

12-22-2016, 10:36 PM
Ps. the thank you is for not acting like a know it all ahole and respecting others. See you are learning.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyhow thank you TBR and gave me something to do on a boring Thursday night. If you don't hear from me in a few days have a great weekend and a Merry Christmas!

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 10:39 PM
Beckham is definitely better then Antonio in one area...B!tching & whining. I mean just watching him, and every pass he does not catch, well it's am OBVIOUS Pass Interference penalty. I mean he is worse then that Duke Basketball player Grayson...such a Immature punk.

12-22-2016, 10:50 PM
Beckham is definitely better then Antonio in one area...B!tching & whining. I mean just watching him, and every pass he does not catch, well it's am OBVIOUS Pass Interference penalty. I mean he is worse then that Duke Basketball player Grayson...such a Immature punk. Yes he is but that call there could have made the difference in the game. Collinsworth kept talking over the other announcer Gumble ? So the call would be overlooked. That was BS! Again Have a Merry Christmas and thanks for BS with me.

The bell ringer
12-22-2016, 10:53 PM
Yes he is but that call there could have made the difference in the game. Collinsworth kept talking over the other announcer Gumble ? So the call would be overlooked. That was BS! Again Have a Merry Christmas and thanks for BS with me.

Well definitely my best Christmas wishes to you sir. Lets just get together and Cheer on our team for this Sunday.

12-22-2016, 10:56 PM
Well definitely my best Christmas wishes to you sir. Lets just get together and Cheer on our team for this Sunday. Agreed and thanks and night.

86WARD
12-23-2016, 10:00 AM

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/yards-after-the-catch/2016/

It was on the game last night and thought it was odd. You didn't read the chart it's only on TD receptions. Bell only has one TD reception. That chart shows minimum of 10.

lipps83
12-23-2016, 10:18 AM
That chart may be accurate. Has AB run any into the end zone? I don't recall any this year. I can only recall TD's where he caught the ball in the end zone.

86WARD
12-23-2016, 10:29 AM
I couldn't remember any. That's why I posted it. Seems weird (and useless) lol

Mojouw
12-23-2016, 10:32 AM
Can't they just both be good?

86WARD
12-23-2016, 10:34 AM

How dare you...

Lol.

pczach
12-24-2016, 07:56 AM
These last two posts are way over the top and reactionary.

If you guys are going to keep posting such ridiculous comments that lack in common sense, I'm afraid I'm going to have to block all posts by both of you. :chuckle:

Method28
12-24-2016, 11:51 AM
What is THIS nonsense?!

There can only be ONE highlander!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Steeldude
12-24-2016, 03:11 PM
Beckham is overrated.

st33lersguy
12-25-2016, 08:47 PM
4th straight 100 reception season from AB, not to mention winning the game with an extra effort extension

Psycho Ward 86
12-25-2016, 10:54 PM
4th straight 100 reception season from AB, not to mention winning the game with an extra effort extension

tied for the NFL record! My money is on him being alone in that department with his 5th next season

Count Steeler
12-26-2016, 06:52 AM
Great TD effort by AB, but only 1 YAC, damn.

Shoes
12-26-2016, 09:29 AM
Just be glad that wasn't Sammie Coates in AB place because he would have dropped that pass.

tube517
12-26-2016, 09:51 AM
There's nobody who works out the weights harder than Deebo but AB sure as hell is the closest.

Psycho Ward 86
12-26-2016, 12:11 PM
Great TD effort by AB, but only 1 YAC, damn.

:lol:

st33lersguy
12-26-2016, 12:12 PM
Just be glad that wasn't Sammie Coates in AB place because he would have dropped that pass.

No he would have caught it and fell at the 1, game over

Method28
12-26-2016, 12:21 PM
Then we'd all be complaining why there was no flag thrown for facemask. That was a pretty hardcore facemask on Brown lol

Hawkman
12-26-2016, 12:46 PM
Then we'd all be complaining why there was no flag thrown for facemask. That was a pretty hardcore facemask on Brown lol

Yeah, I'm wondering if the refs noticed that when they reviewed TD. How could they not?

Psycho Ward 86
12-26-2016, 01:25 PM

no he would have jumped 5 feet in the air for a ball thrown at chest level and let the ball bounce 10 yards away off his hands

tube517
12-26-2016, 04:59 PM
Just watched the replay of the Immaculate Extension. Moot point but still.

Foster comes barreling into the "pile" and knocks them over (after the initial extending of the ball over the goal line). AB is on top of the Raven player (Weddle) but his knees don't appear to hit the ground as he is still on top. Even then, he reaches w/the ball again over the goal line. Crazy play and good thinking on AB's part.

Shoes
12-26-2016, 07:28 PM

That too.

SteelerFanInStl
12-27-2016, 09:08 AM

That picture and video are posted all over the major sports sites but yet there's been absolutely no talk about the blatant facemask that wasn't called.

86WARD
01-08-2017, 09:41 PM
The more I see this thread the more my blood starts to boil. The guy isn't a superstar. There's AB and Julio and then there's a HUGE GAP and then there's s bunch of other guys. OBJ being one of them. He's a "superstar" because he had a one handed catch in national TV. There's better catches every week, but for some reason his catch got blown up to be this tremendous thing. He's not a great receiver...he's obsessed with making one handed catches but the guy makes a lot of drops...

Another example: Giants @ Packers - Wild Card 2017.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Brown's better.

st33lersguy
01-08-2017, 10:22 PM
I'll take the guy who didn't party on a boat like a jackass the week leading up to the game then proceeded to drop numerous passes including an early TD pass

LloydWoodson
01-09-2017, 12:13 AM
Wild Card:

AB 5 / 124 / 2

OdB 4 / 28 / 0

Count Steeler
01-09-2017, 05:56 AM
Wild Card:

AB 5 / 124 / 2

OdB 4 / 28 / 0

Dropped passes:

AB 2 (1 leading to an interception)
OBJ 3

teegre
01-09-2017, 06:29 AM
Dropped passes:

AB 2 (1 leading to an interception)

Deion Sanders asked AB about those dropped passes, and AB said that his hands got cold, because they were running more/he was blocking (so he didn't warm his hands like he would when it's a passing play). That lack of professionalism (for lack of a better word) surprises me. A receiver should act as though they might get the ball on ANY play... especially when BB is the QB.

Count Steeler
01-09-2017, 06:55 AM
Deion Sanders asked AB about those dropped passes, and AB said that his hands got cold, because they were running more/he was blocking (so he didn't warm his hands like he would when it's a passing play). That lack of professionalism (for lack of a better word) surprises me. A receiver should act as though they might get the ball on ANY play... especially when BB is the QB.

That is kind of what I surmised, because there was a long time between pass attempts to AB. After his second TD, it seemed like at least 1/2 hour went by, (the 10 rush drive), before AB had a chance to touch the ball. However, I agree, AB should have been ready, regardless.

ALLD
01-09-2017, 03:32 PM
AB is better and he stopped the dumb TD celebrations.