PDA

View Full Version : Heyward: Ravens, not Bengals, are Steelers' biggest rivals

polamalubeast
09-14-2016, 10:34 AM
Steelers defensive end Cam Heyward is looking forward to rekindling the rivalry with the Bengals Sunday afternoon at Heinz Field. But the Steelers’ biggest rival, Heyward said, won’t come to town until Christmas Day.

“It’s a very big rivalry,” Heyward said Wednesday morning before the team practiced. “I would say it’s the second-biggest rivalry in the AFC North. It’s a hard-hitting physical rivalry, one you have to respect. You have to bring your hard hat because you know it’s going to be a game where you have to work.”

Heyward believes the Baltimore Ravens remain the biggest rival in the division despite the three games against the Bengals last season that resulted in injuries to star players, bad blood and produced a rollicking playoff victory that will live on forever in team lore.

read more

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/09/14/Cameron-Cam-Heyward-Baltimore-Ravens-not-Cincinnati-Bengals-are-Pittsburgh-Steelers-rivals/stories/201609140179

Edman
09-14-2016, 11:18 AM
Who's the team who beat the Steelers twice last year despite being 5-11 and won 9 of the last 12 games, knocked them out in their most recent postseason matchup, and almost ended the Steelers' season prematurely last year?

It wasn't the Bengals.

Anyway, It's the same thing in years past. Everyone wants a piece of the Steelers. The Bengals see them as their biggest rival, The Ravens dedicate their season to beating Pittsburgh even when they suck, the Browns want to beat Pittsburgh too, but they suck. The three bastard children of Paul Brown hate each other, but none of them hate each other as much as they hate the Steelers.

They didn't even win the division, but it just goes to show the level of respect the Steelers command in the AFC North.

BigNastyDefense
09-14-2016, 11:48 AM
We got swept by a crappy Baltimore team last season. We took 2 of 3 from the Bengals.

Baltimore won a Super Bowl a few years ago, and are the only other team in the division with a Lombardi Trophy outside of us. The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in two decades.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if the Ravens are back in the playoff hunt this season. I also wouldn't be at all shocked if the Bengals actually missed the playoffs.

Of course the Bengals, Ravens, and Browns all feel that the Steelers are their #1 rival. The Steelers have the division titles, AFC Championships, and Super Bowl Championships.

Psycho Ward 86
09-14-2016, 03:58 PM
"We're still developing a rivalry, I think"

:lol: thats some classy but quality trolling Cam!

86WARD
09-14-2016, 04:21 PM
It's not trolling it's just fact.

Born2Steel
09-14-2016, 05:42 PM
A rivalry has to have some amount of respect. I don't see that between the Steelers and Bengals. I believe the stat is the Bengals have beaten the Steelers twice since realignment. That's like 14 years, 28 meetings plus playoffs occasionally. Twice. Hard to respect that.

Steelermania
09-14-2016, 07:15 PM
A rivalry has to have some amount of respect. I don't see that between the Steelers and Bengals. I believe the stat is the Bengals have beaten the Steelers twice since realignment. That's like 14 years, 28 meetings plus playoffs occasionally. Twice. Hard to respect that.

That's not even close to being true. They have more than a few wins over us, but of course, we have the edge. I think they may have only beaten us twice in Cincy.

hawaiiansteeler
09-14-2016, 07:32 PM

in the last 14 years the Steelers and Bengals have met 28 times during the regular season plus twice more in the playoffs for a total of 30 times. in those 30 games, the Steelers have won 22 of those games and the Bengals 8.

http://www.bengals.com/team/all-time-results/steelers.html

polamalubeast
09-14-2016, 07:33 PM
in the last 14 years the Steelers and Bengals have met 28 times during the regular season plus twice more in the playoffs for a total of 30 times. in those 30 games, the Steelers have won 22 of those games and the Bengals 8.

http://www.bengals.com/team/all-time-results/steelers.html

But in Cincinnati, the Bengals beat us only 2 times in 16 games since 2002!

hawaiiansteeler
09-14-2016, 07:54 PM
But in Cincinnati, the Bengals beat us only 2 times in 16 games since 2002!

that's true, I believe even the Brownies own more home wins against the Steelers during that time period...

polamalubeast
09-14-2016, 08:05 PM
that's true, I believe even the Brownies own more home wins against the Steelers during that time period...

Even the Raiders have more home wins against the steelers!!!!!

Born2Steel
09-15-2016, 11:03 AM
That's not even close to being true. They have more than a few wins over us, but of course, we have the edge. I think they may have only beaten us twice in Cincy.

Sorry. It is wins IN CINCY, not overall. I'll try to be more accurate in the future. Appreciate the feedback.