PDA

View Full Version : More impressive than win was play of Steelers offensive line

stillers4me
09-14-2016, 05:26 AM
Everybody in the football world talks about Ben Roethlisberger’s chemistry with Antonio Brown. It truly is remarkable and produces spectacular results. But there is no stronger relationship on the Steelers than the one Roethlisberger has with his offensive linemen. Maurkice Pouncey put it in perspective after the 38-16 win against the Washington Redskins Monday night.

“When Ben walks away from this sport, I’m walking right behind him.”

That’s strong.................

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2016/09/14/Ron-Cook-More-impressive-than-win-was-play-of-Steelers-offensive-line/stories/201609140084

pczach
09-14-2016, 08:00 AM
When the offensive line controls things like they did against the Redskins, this offense is unstoppable.

They have much greater challenges ahead of them, and better defenses. Let's see if they're up to the challenge.

This was a great first step for the offensive line and for the team as a whole. A glimpse of what could be......

86WARD
09-15-2016, 06:59 AM
Pouncey and DeCastro were nasty. I thought AV struggled a little bit but for the most part, this OLine has come together.

Psycho Ward 86
09-15-2016, 10:18 AM
Pouncey and DeCastro were nasty. I thought AV struggled a little bit but for the most part, this OLine has come together.

considering his main assignment (kerrigan), i was satisfied with his play

tube517
09-15-2016, 10:45 AM
Coates made a nice block on DeAngelo's ankle breaking TD run. Ben was happy.

Iron Steeler
09-17-2016, 09:47 PM
We ran the same run play like 3 times in a the same series. You know the o-line is good when the defense knows your play call and still can't stop it.

Psycho Ward 86
09-20-2016, 01:00 AM
We ran the same run play like 3 times in a the same series. You know the o-line is good when the defense knows your play call and still can't stop it.

reminds me of that game against the bengals a year or 2 ago where Bell almost had 200 yards on the same counter play over and over again